Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56883 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by NwokoloOwa: 7:44pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

Had an experience very near yours. It's terrible. Relived her of the job too.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by izubext007: 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
she under-rated your office, forgeting that the bible said despise not your little beginning

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Edipet(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES
boss. I am ready , please hire me

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by iHateFraudsters: 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

Everybody just dey form woke.

Developed world kee you there.

Would she go to work late for a week in the so called developed world?

23 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by dewiseacre(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
Really? On what grounds if I may ask please?

Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Dentalgist: 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
You won't dare coming 3 hours late to work in the so-called developed world angry

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Felix6: 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
Three sides to every story. Mine, his and the truth. Until then! lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Dentalgist: 7:46pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
You won't dare coming 3 hours late to work in the so-called developed world angry

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by janvier27(m): 7:46pm On May 22, 2023
She may have lied about her residence out of desperation. She's probably living far. All the same, looks like she isn't ready for the job.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by bobntu: 7:47pm On May 22, 2023
Just hope she didn't quit another job to join your firm.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by VIKTO83(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2023
U did well Oga.
I think she has another job somewhere that's making her come late to work. Maybe she does night shift there.

EmekaStanley:

ES

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2023
superCleanworks:

Someone forgot to remind her that the office is not her village farm where she can arrive late and sleep how and when she likes.

when such people finally get bored with the job, they start to forment trouble and work your staffers against each other. they would be the first to tell outsiders that you guys are not serious in that office plus all kind of negative stuff.
U know it👍👍👍👍 🤣😂😂🤣🤣

U Sabi them well well
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Dentalgist: 7:48pm On May 22, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

Everybody just dey form woke.

Developed world kee you there.

Would she go to work late for a week in the so called developed world?
Everybody forming woke, while hunger dey wire them angry

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by jesmond3945: 7:48pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
my brother she wants to slay and get the mula.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by sangresan(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

You don't know what you are saying.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by charlesdinho(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2023
the serious minded ones like me is here still job hunting whereas someone who has one is not ready to work. you did the right thing by sacking her

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Well she failed
you are a great manager
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Tonytonex(m): 7:50pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Honestly. That's the most problem with these young girls.
They ain't serious at all.
Probably there's a guy somewhere footings her bills hence the lackadaisical attitude to her work. It's common with young girls of nowadays.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by thesicilian: 7:50pm On May 22, 2023
victorazy:

What's this one saying? sad
So she doesn't owe the office any obligation?
Some offices they don't even allow u use cell phone not to talk about wasting my precious 1hr.

Is her resumption time not 8am? Don't you know he can be sue for that too?

Must u comment?
Plz give ur mother back her phone.
Don't mind him.
Any small thing some people will be shouting developed world upandan. When they probably haven't even traveled out of their states once.
I don't think there's anywhere in the world where an employer will give you a pat on the back for committing so many work place infractions all within your first week of work.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by stevups(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2023
No job security. MD cannot even sack me. He can only give advice

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by samsard(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.
Isn't it amazing that the first thing that came to your mind was to make it a gender issue?

15 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by isabi2lof: 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Abeg , help a sister in the Lord.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Britishpea: 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Like wtf? Do you know the developed people take their jobs seriously? 4 am den don resume! Like you have even been to the developed world before?

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by lopeshola(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2023
I think one thing you failed to do as a manager was not asking if she has a problem or something disturbing keeping her back everyday. You said she really needed the job yet she came late everyday, that should tell you something is not right. Sometimes we need to know what our staff are going through as an employers, except they aren't ready to discuss their personal issues.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Realestatevixen: 7:53pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Kudos bro! You did absolutely the right thing.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by samsard(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
Repeated dereliction of duty and late coming sounds an awful lot like justifiable grounds for a sack even in Heaven, not to talk of the west.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Uyi168: 7:54pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
what's so special about developed world that you people will not allow us hear word??

from the writeup, isn't it obvious the girl is not ready to work??

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by abobote: 7:55pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
Go and sit down

What do you know about developed world

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by samsard(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2023
lopeshola:
I think one thing you failed to do as a manager was not asking if she has a problem or something disturbing keeping her back everyday. You said she really needed the job yet she came late everyday, that should tell you something is not right. Sometimes we need to know what our staff are going through as an employers, except they aren't ready to discuss their personal issues.
If you take a job it's presumed that you are ready to do it. No business owner wants to continually compromise because of personnel excuses.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.