Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,966 members, 7,828,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin (38227 Views)

"Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin / Nigerian Student Killed By Propeller Of Private Plane He Rented For Dinner Date / David Hundeyin Accuses Ukraine Of Committing War Crimes Against African Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Okpokpo09: 7:28pm On May 26, 2023
beerfraud:
This Hundeyin will surely end up like Nnamdi Kanu that is caged inside DSS facilities
shartap you dere
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by naturefellow(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

do you have any better airline IN NIGERIA that you want to use as a comparison OR do you want to continue foolishly comparing this almost inexistant brand new National carrier with a giant of Africa like Ethiopian airline?

pls do put your misplaced sentiments aside and use logic. ethipian airline have 142 planes in circulation (flying all over the world), yet you people want this yeye Nigerian national Carrier to be compared to these giants? abeg learn how to walk before you can remotely think of "running".
there's nothing you can say or do to defend this fraud by a corrupt government official.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY!!!!
unless you are a top company like Air France, Emirates etc, most new/small airlines company's aircraft are rented and/or bought (on credit) from failing airlines or from airlines that want to upgrade their fleet.

you think AIR PEACE own their planes....? they mostly got their planes from a Latvian CHARTER company called Smartlynx. Smartlynx own their planes not Air Peace.

Why didn't FG just tell us all this?

Air Peace is a business. Mr. Allen is making money and a good name for himself.

If FG wants to provide an international flight service, they should please not call it a "National Carrier".

In fact, it would have been better for national pride if they had rebranded one or two planes in the Presidential Air fleet, then handed those over to Ethiopian to manage.

I have read some of your posts. You seem knowledgeable about the subject matter.

A question please: is IBOM AIR also using planes that belong to another airline?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Brushstrokes20: 7:34pm On May 26, 2023
The lifeless scammer and cohorts are all shades of LIES AND DECEIT! undecided
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by casualobserver: 7:35pm On May 26, 2023
Rebuker:

Good, you may have a good point there. However, my question is, how much was spent in "renting" the plane and what exactly was the initial plan: buying a new plane or renting an old one?

I don’t know but that was not the point in Hundeyin’s tweet. Airlines lease planes, especially startup airlines. Do you know how much a plane costs?

For the record I don’t like the deal with Ethiopian airways but the issue of renting shows ignorance from Hundeyin. The A320s currently used by ibos air for instance are wet leased. That’s why the pilots and. Flight attendants are foreigners. You can wet lease (with crew) or dry lease (without). But it is ignorant and quite frankly shameful of him to think Nigeria Air was ever goi g to own its planes. Again he should have taken time to check how much a 737 costs even an 11 yr old one and ask himself where he expected Nigeria to get the money in the current climate.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Ykc2(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2023
RealLordZeus:

Hadi Siroka fvked up true true coz its a case of what is ordered vs what was delivered but what David wrote is not new
Ethiopian Airlines manages Nigeria Air , so If the airplane is registered under their name, there is no story
the same man that bought 10 fire fighting trucks for 12 billion naira the same man went to Ethiopia and hired 11 years old planes from Ethiopia ? ,god who did we Nigerians offended?to imagine that some people are suppo the minister still baffles me
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:39pm On May 26, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
If FG wants to provide an international flight service, they should please not call it a "National Carrier".
In fact, it would have been better for national pride if they had rebranded one or two planes in the Presidential Airfleet.

ANY airline carrier is there to MAKE MONEY... nobody buys planes and fly people around the world AT A LOSS, for pride. this is a business venture and no business venture can succeed if they are constantly losing money.

the government would just have to take money from the country's coffer to bail that failed airline out, each and every time.
naturefellow:
there's nothing you can say or do to defend this fraud by a corrupt government official.

dont know nothing about fraud, i am just talking about the AIRLINE INDUSTRY and how it works.

AngelicBeing:
You have spoken and explained intelligently enough, abeg ignore most of the people quoting you, they don't understand how the airline industry operates, kudos to you for your detailed information, wink

yes seems like it... thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by MasterTeeUSA: 7:39pm On May 26, 2023
Some of these investigative journalists are just as dumb as the people they claimed to be investigating. Any small google would have turned up what you said...but gullible Nigerians that read only tweets wont research. I had to tell someone that yes...Ethiopian Airlines has 50% stake and it makes a lot of sense because they already have the license for many things...why do through all that? Ethiopian Airline is one of the best in the world. We should encourage partnership between African countries.

RealLordZeus:
This is not an expose, FG already admitted they concessioned (don't know if its the right word) Nigeria Air to Ethiopian Airlines after bidding.
https://punchng.com/nigeria-air-why-fg-picked-ethiopian-airlines-minister/

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by casualobserver: 7:40pm On May 26, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

In fact, it would have been better for national pride if they had rebranded one or two planes in the Presidential Air fleet, then handed those over to Ethiopian to manage.

I have read some of your posts. You seem knowledgeable about the subject matter.

A question please: is IBOM AIR also using planes that belong to another airline?

Their a320s are wet leased. Everybody leases planes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2023
Ykc2:
the same man that bought 10 fire fighting trucks for 12 billion naira the same man went to Ethiopia and hired 11 years old planes from Ethiopia ? ,god who did we Nigerians offended?to imagine that some people are suppo the minister still baffles me

I don't know how sweet his defenders' mouths need to be to convince me to swallow this crock of shiit....

These people can't keep taking us for a ride.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by JTwelve: 7:42pm On May 26, 2023
TheDemola:

https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1662099897556824067?s=19

Earlier: https://www.nairaland.com/7703446/nigeria-air-finally-arrived-abuja

He knows his boss is a fool

Nigeria rotted to pieces in eight years, underneath a functional imbëcile; now the idiot has handed it over to a career-criminal druggie already afflicted by senile dementia

You get what you put into life, i.e. people mostly get whatever they deserve. Things will only change when every Nigerian begins using their brain and their conscience

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2023
casualobserver:

Their a320s are wet leased

I've read that.

I've also been on a wet-leased plane before. Arik flight (ABV-LOS). The plane wasn't branded Arik, the crew were French guys.

Anyway, what of the other IBOM AIR planes?

If the state actually owns most of just 2 planes, I'm sure Nigeria can, as well.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Elmander1983(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2023
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:47pm On May 26, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

ANY airline carrier is there to MAKE MONEY... nobody buys planes and fly people around the world AT A LOSS, for pride. this is a business venture and no business venture can succeed if they are constantly losing money.

the government would just have to take money from the country's coffer to bail that failed airline out, each and every time.

dont know nothing about fraud, i am just talking about the AIRLINE INDUSTRY and how it works.

At least, nobody should.

Our government is already doing that. Why not at least try to make some money with a couple of the planes being kept for the occupants of Aso Rock?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by naturefellow(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

maybe you should read the original tweet to see the extent of corruption in Nigeria Air you're trying to rationalize, like a regular commercial carrier
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Bobxin: 7:53pm On May 26, 2023
Alexandersantos:
why do they make us believe they owned it in the first place
They didn't. You were not just informed.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by casualobserver: 7:56pm On May 26, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

I've read that.

I've also been on a wet-leased plane before. Arik flight (ABV-LOS). The plane wasn't branded Arik, the crew were French guys.

Anyway, what of the other IBOM AIR planes?

If the state actually owns most of just 2 planes, I'm sure Nigeria can, as well.

Regarding your earlier post. There is no plane in the presidential fleet that can be used for commercial service. They are all private jets. Even the presidential 737 only seats about 20

As for ibom air’s other planes I don’t know the status, I doubt they can afford to own them outright. If they are then it is very stupid of Akwa ibom to purchase new planes outright.

A new plane (Boeing or Airbus) can cost anywhere between $100m and $400m. Let’s say we are talking about a new 737 @ $100m or a used one @ 50m. In a country like Nigeria you have that sort of money and all you get is one plane, what about the other costs associated with setting up an airline, How long will you have to operate to break even? How long will it take for you to become a big airline, can it become a national carrier with only 1 plane, where will they get the 300-400m to buy a new 777, A350 or 787 for international routes? Plus when you order a new plane, whether cash or lease, there is a backlog of orders running into years, so if you want to start operations now, you lease.

On the other hand you can lease 5 737s at approx $1-1.5m a month each. Does that not make more sense while you are still starting up. You have 5 planes, you can service more routes, your financial outlay is less and your commitment is less because you can lease a plane for a year and renew or have the flexibility to lease other types of planes if things don’t pan out as planned after a year. But if you have already spent $100m to BUY your plane and business is anot as good as you thought or you find the planes are not adequate for your route, you are stuck with the plane.

You can tell when someone who,doesn’t know about aviation sets up an airline…they go about buying new planes like Arik…..and what happens to the airline and the planes? Arilk May have owned its planes but they are currently rotten away after the airline failed.. It’s more about ego than business acumen and they usually fail. A smart person leases, hopefully ticket sales will cover your lease costs, so you are cash flow positive quicker. The aviation industry is a low return volatile industry especially in a country like Nigeria where currency is volatile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by chiedozie198100: 7:56pm On May 26, 2023
is this the design that this thief of aviation minister paid $650,000 for?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Roozzaay(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2023
I bin dey think say this David get sense o but no he is hust another scammer forming activists abi wetin dem dey call themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Shikena(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2023
Too many educated illiterates, always looking for issues where there is none. By tomorrow, they will find yet another issue to rant on grin
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2023
casualobserver:

Regarding your earlier post. There is no plane in the presidential fleet that can be used for commercial service. They are all private jets. Even the presidential 737 only seats about 20

As for ibom air’s other planes I don’t know the status, I doubt they can afford to own them outright. If they are then it is very stupid of Akwa ibom to purchase new planes outright.

A new plane can cost anywhere between $100m and $400m. Let’s say we are talking about a new 737 @ $100m or a used one @ 50m. In a country like Nigeria you have that sort of money and all you get is one plane, what about the other costs associated with setting up an airline, How long will you have to operate to break even?

On the other hand you can lease 5 737s at approx $1-1.5m a month. Does that not make more sense while you are still starting up. You have 5 planes, you can service more routes, your financial outlay is less and your commitment is less because you can lease a plane for a year and renew or have the flexibility to lease other types of planes if things don’t pan out as planned after a year. But if you have already spent $100m to BUY your plane and business is anot as good as you thought or you find the planes are not adequate for your route, you are stuck with the plane.

You're making a ton of sense.

It's cheaper and a quicker springboard to take off.

A little transparency would have been appreciated from our government, though.

Plus, the 737 can be retrofitted.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by NASTYNASOSO: 8:00pm On May 26, 2023
NobleSeed:
E get the kind scam way APC never scam Us? 😂
Belike the scamming pro max go soon start seif.

HMMMNNNN

The aircraft was a leased one, however Ethiopian airlines is the single largest shareholder at 49 % while Nigerian sovereign investment fund owns 46% and FG owns 5% so logically Ethiopian airlines has brought more to the table in terms of aircraft and maintenance skills while we as a nation through the FG and SIF provided the cash backing. It's a joint venture
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Galadimabawa: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
Do you need a celestial body to tell you this? hell no.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Sonicroyel: 8:05pm On May 26, 2023
Karlifate:
cheesy

Speech that is acceptable today, may be unacceptable tomorrow, and vice versa.

In 1940 Germany, saying negative things about Hitler could get you killed.

In 1950 Germany, saying positive things about Hitler could get you thrown into prison.

Everything is temporary.

Regimes, Overton Windows, Societies, Power, Wealth, Status, Love, Hatred...

...all of these things fade to nothing, sooner OR later.

May 29 is knocking on the door already. cheesy

Word!!
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 8:10pm On May 26, 2023
Let me ask Zombies one question
Do you mean Ethiopian Airlines, Malawian Airlines and Nigeria Air will be sharing this plane?
Like when Nigeria wants to use it, they'll paint it in Nigeria's colours, when Malawian Air wants to use it, they repaint to Malawian colours and when Ethiopian air wants to use it, they'll paint in Ethiopian colours?
I no go turn painter like dis?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Mayeldah(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2023
Same way they re-painted a Nigerien in Nigerian colours and made him President since 2015

A Guinean is now being re-painted in Nigerian colour again, shey our mumu never do?

When will a Nigerian be Presdient?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 8:16pm On May 26, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Some of these investigative journalists are just as dumb as the people they claimed to be investigating. Any small google would have turned up what you said...but gullible Nigerians that read only tweets wont research. I had to tell someone that yes...Ethiopian Airlines has 50% stake and it makes a lot of sense because they already have the license for many things...why do through all that? Ethiopian Airline is one of the best in the world. We should encourage partnership between African countries.

Sorry pls. What's the point of having Nigeria Air exactly if this is the case?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by MasterTeeUSA: 8:21pm On May 26, 2023
You have to serve before you can be served. If we can make this concession work, it would create avenues to expand into the near future. You asked a good question...we have to walk before we run. The problem in the past is...we try to run as a baby and end up falling flat. It is a big move...a signature move and another way to bring forex into the country. I hear everyone talk about the billions of Naira spent...if this partnership is right, did they calculate how much we stand to benefit with multiple aircrafts. Nigerians want direct flights and this is one way to achieve that. United Airlines just started direct from Virginia and Delta fly direct from Atlanta...they make so much money from us annually.

Kukutenla:

Sorry pls. What's the point of having Nigeria Air exactly if this is the case?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Angelfrost(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2023
spiralwedge:
Thunder fire haters and cursers of this country like Hundeyin and all Obi people.

Anytime they see good news, next thing is to start looking for how to discredit it and mock it. Smh

Tinubu, Buhari, and APC spent the entire length and breadth of Jonathan's tenure doing exactly that!

Are you saying thunder has been firing your President elect?!!

Boy, that is TREASON!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by complexstuffs(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2023
Alexandersantos:
why do they make us believe they owned it in the first place

You chose to believe what nobody told you. Airlines lease aircrafts and pilots all over the world

Even Air Peace leases aircrafts, so there is nothing new here
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 8:28pm On May 26, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
You have to serve before you can be served. If we can make this concession work, it would create avenues to expand into the near future. You asked a good question...we have to walk before we run. The problem in the past is...we try to run as a baby and end up falling flat. It is a big move...a signature move and another way to bring forex into the country. I hear everyone talk about the billions of Naira spent...if this partnership is right, did they calculate how much we stand to benefit with multiple aircrafts. Nigerians want direct flights and this is one way to achieve that. United Airlines just started direct from Virginia and Delta fly direct from Atlanta...they make so much money from us annually.

First of all, I don't see how we stand to make so much money when Nigeria stake is only 5% according to the profile. That's 1.
2. Since we are not operating it, I doubt we can be in a position to determine future expansion etc.
3. The minister in 2018 claimed he was in talks with Boeing and Airbus concerning the fleet of the carrier. He only changed tact when he realised the project was beyond what he can handle.
4. If Ethiopia can afford to buy 10 aircrafts at a go, why can't Nigeria buy at least 3 or 4 to start with at least but resort to painting Ethiopian jets just so that we can claim we have an airline. What's the point exactly? Are we at same level with Malawi? Our president has 10 aircrafts for himself for crying out loud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) / Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.