Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin (38233 Views)

"Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin / Nigerian Student Killed By Propeller Of Private Plane He Rented For Dinner Date / David Hundeyin Accuses Ukraine Of Committing War Crimes Against African Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by obyno82: 5:53am On May 27, 2023
Lyrics269:
Wait for Tinubu to shut your conspiracy theorist mouth up
APC forever

What happened to free speech. Did you say that when Sahara reporters was doing something similar during GEJ regime? Your hypocrisy stinks
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by obyno82: 5:55am On May 27, 2023
QuotaSystem:
David is just ignorant.

Ethiopian Air has a 49% stake in Nigeria Air so it’s completely normal if it’s planes form part of their equity in the venture.

He himself said that SAME AIRCRAFT once flew in Malawian colors where ET also has a similar 49% stake so what is his point?

The faux journalist is desperately looking for anything to cushion the back2back wotowoto he and his mob have been receiving.

Dude apart from this airline only that was showcase show us other structures. Look anyone can bring a rented plane and show us. When airpeace and other started there were structures long before planes came in, where are the structures in the case of Nigerian Air? Let us stop acting like hypocrites here.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by obyno82: 5:58am On May 27, 2023
Segzy19:
This Hundeyin guy just likes to make noise...

The aviation minister already told us that Ethiopian Airline will run the Nigeria airways. So what's the big deal in what he is telling us? As he is telling us what we do not know ...

Try and read in between the lines. In Togo Ethiopian Air also has ownership shares in ASKY airlines but the leasing agreement is clear. This one is so shady why fly in an aircraft that 5 days ago was already flying for another airlines. This is clearly shady, it is just all for show definitely.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Caseless: 6:12am On May 27, 2023
RealLordZeus:
This is not an expose, FG already admitted they concessioned (don't know if its the right word) Nigeria Air to Ethiopian Airlines after bidding.
https://punchng.com/nigeria-air-why-fg-picked-ethiopian-airlines-minister/
That David always feel like he digs underground to get information. He didn't get this info, I guess.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Caseless: 6:23am On May 27, 2023
obyno82:

Try and read in between the lines. In Togo Ethiopian Air also has ownership shares in ASKY airlines but the leasing agreement is clear. This one is so shady why fly in an aircraft that 5 days ago was already flying for another airlines. This is clearly shady, it is just all for show definitely.
You guys don't read, hence the reason people like David think for you.

The Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika has disclosed reasons why the Federal Government picked Ethiopian Airlines as the preferred bidder for the National Carrier, Nigeria Air.

The Minister said Ethiopian Airlines was the only airline that responded to its requests for expression of interest and fulfilled all the stipulated conditions laid down by Nigeria.

Explainer: Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Drinks

Sirika who disclosed this while presenting the scorecard of the ministry in Abuja on Thursday said other airlines in the world ignored Nigeria’s call to join hands with her to float a national carrier despite the fact that he personally went to the airlines and met with them at several air shows and international aviation forums to convince them to partner with the country.

He, however, said that the airline proved that it is not only efficient and prosperous by registering over $1bn profit after tax even in the wake of COVID-19 but has continued to flourish despite the challenges in the aviation sector globally.

He added, “We did not cede Nigeria Air to Ethiopian Airlines. It is the only airline in the world that made $1 billion profit even during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is the most prosperous, efficient and leading airline in the African continent and it was the only airline that responded to our request for partnership to run the airline after many months of advertisement of expression of interest.

“Even after some interested persons asked Nigeria to extend the time of EoI and we did, none of them showed interest. Officials of the ministry of aviation led by me personally visited some of the leading airlines across the world and pleaded with them to take up the partnership with Nigeria to set up the airline, none of them signified interest except Ethiopian Airlines, which has been allotted 49 per cent shares while Nigerian institutional investors take up 45 per cent while the federal government will take up only five per cent.

“The choice of Ethiopian Airlines is good for Nigeria and it is in line with the African Union Agenda. Our desire is for Africa to come together and lead the African aviation market through our new partnership with Ethiopian Airlines. The partnership will also reduce cost of operations and airfares for Nigerian and African air travellers as opposed to the current situation.

“Contrary to what people think, let it be known that Ethiopian Airlines emerged as the preferred partner of Nigeria Air through a transparent and credible process that cannot be faulted because we want the project to succeed so that Nigeria can have an airline that does not suffer the fate of the former Nigeria Airways.”

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Clobisman(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2023
beerfraud:
This Hundeyin will surely end up like Nnamdi Kanu that is caged inside DSS facilities

But why is hundeyin your problem? He is a journalist that revealed what he observed and it is left for those that used taxpayers money to get the aircraft to also defend or explain themselves. So you would rather prefer a country where whatever the government says shouldn't be scrutinized? Everything isn't about hate except you are probably benefitting from the system.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by BinamRex: 6:49am On May 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY!!!!
unless you are a top company like Air France, Emirates etc, most new/small airlines company's aircraft are rented and/or bought (on credit) from failing airlines or from airlines that want to upgrade their fleet.

you think AIR PEACE own their planes....? they mostly got their planes from a Latvian CHARTER company called Smartlynx. Smartlynx own their planes not Air Peace.

Nigerians will always find a way to justify nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by naturefellow(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2023
RealLordZeus:

Abeg pay me make I defend your view too.. I wonder why everyone that has a different must be a paid agent.

Well I don't do emotion, I deal with facts and stated it as it is and a simple Google search will prove what I stated.. heck I even attach a link
Oga stop defending the fraud called Nigeria Air by Hadi Sirika!
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by freemanq(m): 6:54am On May 27, 2023
With all this billions been stolen can't Nigeria buy brown new aircraft? Fraud everywhere
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Bobloco: 6:56am On May 27, 2023
beerfraud:
This Hundeyin will surely end up like Nnamdi Kanu that is caged inside DSS facilities

For always exposing APC, Buhari and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Mccullum: 7:13am On May 27, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
angry Bastard angrysad show us Evidence /the plane supposed get owner wey rent it out. Children of 8 angry

Don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Druss(m): 7:16am On May 27, 2023
Once you look at the monies involved, you would understand why David is raising this up. This is Nigeria not a small third world backwater country. I know quite a few don't pay taxes so they don't feel the pain of seeing one's tax monies being misspent.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Shikini: 7:28am On May 27, 2023
Nigeria is finished
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Invest4growth: 7:40am On May 27, 2023
What is this guy saying now. In aviation, it is always cheaper and cost effective to lease aircraft, which also comes with onboard personnel. What is bad in that business sense.

My fear is that Nigeria should not over staff the group staff and administrative offices with our ineptitude and nepotism
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by uniquetechng: 7:47am On May 27, 2023
RealLordZeus:

Hadi Sirika fvked up true true coz its a case of what is ordered vs what was delivered but what David wrote is not new
Ethiopian Airlines manages Nigeria Air , so If the airplane is registered under their name, there is no story
The aircraft is old plane that has been in use by Ethiopian airline, not like Nigeria bought it and had it registered to Ethiopian airline.
It's deception.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Lashist(m): 8:32am On May 27, 2023
Karlifate:
cheesy

Speech that is acceptable today, may be unacceptable tomorrow, and vice versa.

In 1940 Germany, saying negative things about Hitler could get you killed.

In 1950 Germany, saying positive things about Hitler could get you thrown into prison.

Everything is temporary.

Regimes, Overton Windows, Societies, Power, Wealth, Status, Love, Hatred...

...all of these things fade to nothing, sooner OR later.

May 29 is knocking on the door already. cheesy
No matter who rules, whatever law is given will affect you as long you aren't part of the elites. You think because you support APC, nothing will affect you?? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by clinician2x: 9:12am On May 27, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
angry Bastard angrysad show us Evidence /the plane supposed get owner wey rent it out. Children of 8 angry

Your own is that you're an illiterate. A useless nonentity.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by ipobarecriminals: 9:21am On May 27, 2023
clinician2x:

My own is that my father's an illiterate. A useless nonentity bastard.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by fijihems: 9:27am On May 27, 2023
Everything about the outgoing government is riddled in fraud and deceit, impunity and gross corruption and abuse of office.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by martyns303(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
unless you are a top company like Air France, Emirates etc, most new/small airlines company's aircraft are rented and/or bought (on credit) from failing airlines or from airlines that want to upgrade their fleet.

you think AIR PEACE own their planes....? they mostly got their planes from a Latvian CHARTER company called Smartlynx. Smartlynx own their planes not Air Peace.

I don’t know what you mean by “mostly”, airpeace have a 30 fleet operation. Of that 30, 5 are airbus which is wet leased from smartlynx, airpeace owns the remaining 25 aircrafts on their fleet. But here you are, trying to compare a privately owned company to a National airline and trying to justify it.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by shiwex: 10:08am On May 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

But none of them are 11 years old and Air peace did not spend billions of tax payers money. The FG spent billions of Naira only to come and show us one 11 year old plain that has been everywhere.
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by drphantom: 11:16am On May 27, 2023
Why is this news?

I was going to comment that this is normal practice in the industry (and I'm just an observer) but I see that better informed people have already done so in the comments before mine.

His adamant negative stance onnanything that has to do with government shows both his bias and, unfortunately, his ignorance.

It pains we that we continue to condition ourselves to see only bad and evil about our great country.

Do we not see how that is poisonous to our psyche and infact limits OUR own potential and not our country's?

A good man, our of the goodness of his heart, brings out good thing. A fool, does the same.

Let's stop adding rat poison to our own garri.

P.S.

This is by no means to say we are perfect as a nation. We are not. But neither is any nation. Everybody has their problems. Even the US, is currently battling how to fund the government budget. The biggest difference between us and them is that for the most part, they do not shoot themselves in the foot by disparaging their OWN country.

It's what

TheDemola:

https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1662099897556824067?s=19

Earlier: https://www.nairaland.com/7703446/nigeria-air-finally-arrived-abuja
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by drphantom: 11:20am On May 27, 2023
Sirpaul:
You still get mind dey defend these guys ...... I see... 🌽 All over you

It's not a defence.l as there is nothing to defend.

It's a fact. It's how the aviation industry works.

However, when one calls good bad, it shows the person is either ignorant or has malicious intent. Either way, it reveals more about the person talking than what he is talking about
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Lovelyn451(f): 1:16pm On May 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

are u saying Nigeria cannot afford an aircraft? As in Nigeria as an oil producing country,you're here comparing a one man business to a whole country....smh
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by dapadawee: 3:45pm On May 27, 2023
NobleSeed:
E get the kind scam way APC never scam Us? 😂
Belike the scamming pro max go soon start seif.
Always get understanding before talking
Knowledge is profitable. You got 179 likes the blind leading the blinds
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by naijastusa: 3:45pm On May 27, 2023
plumcomm:
how can u see anything good since your life self is not good.

At least my life is 1 Million times better than yours. Let's put it out here. Loser!
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by dapadawee: 3:51pm On May 27, 2023
Nazgul:
Only a mentally deranged person takes Nigerian government seriously. Shebi all of us are here, let's see how many flights this plane would make before even their dumbest supporters see through their deceit.
I have discovered the problem of black people most especially Nigerian is that we think we know everything so we always have a judgment for everything. You don't know about aviation, how a plane is been acquired the process, the agreement of the business but you easily display ignorance on social media see your life outside
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2023
Kukutenla:
Majority of theplanes in their fleet belong to them contrary to your claim.
I also wonder what difference the years they've been in operation makes. Nigeria had its first airline in 1958 while this Nigeria Air thing has been on the cards since 2015, 8 years ago

MEANING it took them 8yrs before they could buy brand new planes yet you people want the yeye Nigerian gov to just waste money buying brand new planes for some yeye national carrier, without even getting this airline off the ground yet (and who may go bust in a yr or two)?
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 5:12pm On May 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

MEANING it took them 8yrs before they could buy brand new planes yet you people want the yeye Nigerian gov to just waste money buying brand new planes for some yeye national carrier, without even getting this airline off the ground yet (and who may go bust in a yr or two)?
Exactly my point. If anything is worth doing, it's worth doing well. If Nigeria can't afford a National carrier, then we should let it rest. It's not a must, instead of wasting public funds on some jamboree.
It did not take Air Peace 8 years to buy brand new planes. If memory serves me right, they procured those Embraers in 2017. Even Emirates started with 99 fleets of jets and some were new in 2003. The principle is in the economic cost not just the optics. This is surely a conduit for corruption and its cover-up to any discerning mind
Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by magzey: 5:18pm On May 27, 2023
Na you pay the Rental?
Black Belle everywhere ,Naija must progress even is you cry blood grin grin
Meanwhile 🤪🤪

Re: Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:51pm On May 27, 2023
Kukutenla:
Exactly my point. If anything is worth doing, it's worth doing well. If Nigeria can't afford a National carrier, then we should let it rest. It's not a must, instead of wasting public funds on some jamboree.
It did not take Air Peace 8 years to buy brand new planes. If memory serves me right, they procured those Embraers in 2017 2021. Even Emirates started with 99 fleets of jets and some were new in 2003. The principle is in the economic cost not just the optics. This is surely a conduit for corruption and its cover-up to any discerning mind

FIXED.

the Nigerian gov probably CAN afford a national carrier, but you people should stop expecting it to be at the level of Emirates and the likes.... let them start slow and build something of VALUE, and not some yeye airline that wouldnt be able to sustain itself. expecting the Nigerian Gov to buy 99 brand spanking new airplanes (like Emirates) is not only foolish, its a sure way to go bust within a year!!.

by all means, let me educate you on the subject:
A) if you buy 99 planes, then you have to make sure that these planes can fly to at least 45 different destinations around the world WHILE BEING FULL OF PASSENGERS....flying an empty plane is a waste of money/ressources. so the problem that you have here is to believe that as soon as that Ngerian carrier start its operation, they would have customers lining up to fly with them, to wherever you expect these 99planes to fly to (like Emirate, right?). so like Emirates you expect that Nigerian carrier to fly everywhere in Europe, Australia, North/South America, Asia etc....with what customer exactly? so you think that from the get go all Nigerians will stop flying BA or United or Air france and now fly Nigerian Air abi (even if the other airline prices are cheaper)?!
as much as you are entitled to your opinion, i strongly believe that such structured airline in Nigeria will fail within a year.

B) that airline will go against giants of the skies like Emirates, BA, Air france, United etc and if you believe that it would be that easy to get a decent market share in such a competitive industry then you are indeed clueless. let me AGAIN tell you how it works: when Nigerian carrier will get a slot to fly to Paris France (for example), Air france and its allies (aka all airlines in the skyteam alliance like Delta, Virgin, KLM etc) will make sure that they beat you on prices on all your routes to France, the US, the UK etc because they have the money to do it. so they will lower they prices so that YOU also have to lower your own prices to be competitive on these routes, and subsequently die a slow death.
same shit will happen on your UK route, US routes, Chinese routes, Canadian routes etc

C) so this is why that Nigerian national carrier has to start SMALL.... 1st build a good rep on the local market with smaller planes, and open just 3/4 international routes (famous with Nigerians) with just one big jet...aka Lagos to London, Lagos to New York,Lagos to Paris, Lagos to Toronto WITH JUST THAT ONE BIG PLANE SERVICING ALL THESE INTERNATIONAL CITIES... so that plane will do Lagos to london, and then london to lagos on monday, then lagos to New York and NY to Lagos on tuesday, the same shit to Paris on wednesday, and then Toronto and back on thursday, then back to London on friday, NY on saturday and Paris on sunday.... so technically that national carrier will fly twice a week to London , NY and Paris and once a week to Toronto with just ONE BIG EXPENSIVE PLANE , and the rest should be smaller planes to fly people within Nigeria on the same model.... aka START SMALL, and build on that. you people who want Nigerian gov to buy 99 planes to fly these same planes almost empty everyday to these locations are not making any sense.... because your pride is bruised because you see how big Ethiopian or royal air Maroc is in Africa and you want Nigerian carrier to be the same. but you people fail to realize that NOTHING of value (especially as big as an airline) is build in one day!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) / Passengers Travelling To Kaduna Involved In Accident, Some Dead, Others Injured / Wells Carlton Hotel And Luxury Apartments Launching In Abuja: Osinbajo, Davido..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.