Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. (42372 Views)

I Am No Longer In Love With My Husband That Brought Me To The UK - Lady (video) / Help: Big Backside Ladies Have Made Me No Longer Have Feelings For My Partner / Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Trapperman: 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
OP just dey play
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by cybernaut(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Reduce your spending on electricity. Try to indtal solar system in your home and say bye to nepa.

Installing solar system in your home have already saved you almost 700k yearly.

Learn how to cook and wash your cloths by yourself. Allowed only your occasional wears to wash in loundry.

Reduce your outting lifestyle which almost cost you 360k yearly .

Calculate the above unnecessary expenses and see you have saved more than a million naira.

Instal 2.5kv solar and enjoy 24/7 power supply in your home

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Babtunz: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nazgul:

Ken star. I bought it 19k last year. I don't know how much it would be currently.

Thanks! But it's currently #50k+ on Jumiawl, which I find really absurd.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by oghenewale: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
Don't worry, na because you never get responsibility dey worry you. By the time you marry and have kids, nobody go teach you how to manage your income..

3 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Angelfrost(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Truthshscrazy:

Nice one

Thanks Boss... I have a friend who is single that only subscribes to his Cable during Football season!

Money management is a real thing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Kaido: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Like 20 females (real & fakes) on Nairaland go don send email to the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Klass99(f): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by obinna58(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Angelfrost:

I get 37G from MTN with 6K every month... Na me even dey waste am sef.

I can do Online courses, stream games, and do my Freelance work too! If it gets exhausted, it is usually toward the validity date, or if I go wild downloading large files like Movies and TV shows!

Sometimes, it could be the settings of your devices or your network provider is messing with your data!
Chaii mtn get special customers, share me code abeg make I try my luck but still 6,7k na still de same thing na
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Klass99(f): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by obinna58(m): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sirchiboy:
And my salary is 25k with 5 kids.
Chai
It shall be well grin
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
You are living beyond your means. How will you save with this lifestyle??

If you can relocate to a less expensive neighbourhood try and do that and cut down on all these unnecessary spendings.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Thewesterner(m): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Lol... Shey you dey whine me ni? When some family of 1,2,3 and even 4 dey manage/survive on 40,50,60k salary? You dey play?

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sirchiboy:
And my salary is 25k with 5 kids.
Chai

Why you sef go born 5 kids in this economy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:
I really don't know anymore, i just did my budget for the month and i am scared, i have cut from everywhere possible and i fear for my self.. i dont have a GF, Wife, Children.. my salary is N400,000 and i have added side businesses and one or two's to even survive.. but with this fuel increase, what else is left... zero savings..

- Rent - N108,333/mth (1,300,000/12)
- Fuel for car - N180,000 (36k for 5-6days)
- Auto maintenance - N30,000/mth (service/repair)
- Fuel for generator - N50,000/mth (20ltr/wk)
- Feeding - N62,000 - (N2,000/day)
- Health miscellenous - N5,000/mth
- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth
- Recharge card - N3,000/mth
- Dry cleaner - N4,000/mth (Starch/iron)
- Hygiene maintenance - N10,000 (body spray/perfume, roll on, soap, cream) etc..
-  Gift to people - N10,000/mth
-  Family House contribution - N20,000/mth
- Eko electric - N10,000/mth
- repairs and maintenance - N12,000/mth
- Clothing, footwear etc - N10,000/mth
- Outings, restaurant, sit outs and provisions - N30,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

My rent is average rent for where i stay, its a two bed flat, i use the other room for home office..

Feeding is N2,000/day.. its not anything out of the ordinary.. tried cooking and spent more with time wasting.

Fuel for car is at the new rate of N500/ltr, my car is a 70ltr car tank..

Auto maintenance is basic brake pads, shocks, service 2mths, tire guage, police pr, tire purchase if any, minor touch ups etc... nothing major.

Fuel for generator is 20ltr/day (2hrs or less daily)

I need help.... how are you people doing it, what am i doing wrong? The rat race is killing me..

You don't need to pay 50k per month on fuel, take loan and get inverter with solar. I did ,one with 1.2m and I'm okay, it carried my freezers, bulbs, TVs, home theatre etc.

Fuel for car, 180k? How?

Buy an automatic washing machine and wash 4o wash your clothes. You can always iron the clothes yourself.

Rent 1.3m? Since you have a car. Why not look for areas not too far away with rent a out 500k-800k Per annum.

You don't have a GF bit spend on many girls? Get a reliable GF.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by obinna58(m): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nazgul:

Ken star. I bought it 19k last year. I don't know how much it would be currently.
I don buy this thing before, e no Dey last
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by onomeabuja: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nazgul:

Kindly redo that budget.

1.3m for a 2bedroom apartment on a salary of 400k per month is on the high side. You need to work on your rent. Get an agent on the mainland. I'm sure he'll you'll get decent 2bedroom flats (or one bedroom flat) which would definitely be way cheaper than your current place.

From your post, you work from home. So why would you need to use the car for 5-6 days. If you're using a 4 cylinder engine and you fill your tank, it should last you for up to 2 weeks (or more) provided you're not a Waka Waka person.

If you work from home, I'll suggest you get a laptop with very strong battery, that way you can still remain online for hours after power outage. Also, get a rechargeable standing fan. The one I bought lasts up to 7hours when fully charged. This would help you at night so you can preserve your fuel and won't have to put on the gen if the weather gets hot. That way your gen would only be put on when you want to work and have low battery. With the new fuel price, one has to adjust in order to survive.

If you like cooking, I'll advise you to stock your kitchen with provisions. Yam, rice, beans, noodles, beverages...etc. The cost of procuring these stuffs would be high no doubt, but for the next few months, you won't have to buy anything. Meaning you'll have lots of money to save.

Close eye and get a washing machine. So that this 4k per month can be channeled to something else.

Gift to people kwa, for this renewed shege era. Biko strike that away from your budget.

You put auto maintenance at 30k, health 5k and hygiene 10k. Which other repairs and maintenance is this one again?

After budgeting 62k for feeding for the month, which one is outings and sit outs again?

How can your budget be more than your income? 🙄

You'll have to cut your coat according to the cloth. You can skip breakfast, eat a light lunch and have swallow for dinner. Everything shouldn't be more than 1k. Meaning you'll be saving 1k. That's something if you ask me.

Unless your car is Nigerian used, running these checks and changes every month isn't necessary and a complete waste of money. I changed my break pad September last year and this is May, I'm still using it. Same with shock, Tyre...etc. As long as you bought a decent car, it won't be swallowing up your money every now and then.

If you're using your gen for 2hours or less per day, 20 liters should last you more than a month. Most especially if you're in an area where power supply is decent.

It's simple, wear clothes you can afford, eat foods you can afford, date people within your range, don't go broke and in debt trying to impress anyone...Live within your means.
Pls what's d product of that ur fan.,I would like to buy same n how much thanks
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Emmanuel950(m): 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:
I really don't know anymore, i just did my budget for the month and i am scared, i have cut from everywhere possible and i fear for my self.. i dont have a GF, Wife, Children.. my salary is N400,000 and i have added side businesses and one or two's to even survive.. but with this fuel increase, what else is left... zero savings..

Since you work from home, cut down on your fuel consumption by half. Instead of filling the entire 72 liters, fill 30 to 40 liters each week.

Scrap auto maintenance. Do 3 or 4 month maintenance. If you drive frequently, 3 months, otherwise, 4 months.

If you don't need to charge your devices daily, you can cut down on this fuel consumption and spend about 30 percent. Sometimes when I come home, and everywhere is dark, I'll turn on the gen, cook, eat, bathe, pray, do the necessary charging, and off gen. I use a 3kva gen.

If you like sleeping with gen, stop. Buy rechargeable fan instead.

Eat well. But if you can find better places with cheaper and standard food, better for you. From time to time, I eat out, and I changed from the regular restaurant to another after I found that the second place offered better food at lesser price (up to 30% off).

Scrap this.

- Dstv - N4,500/mth
Depending on how often you watch.

- Data - N7,000/mth

- Recharge card - N3,000/mth.
N2000 is better at N500 per week

Buy washing machine. Only dry clean important clothes.

- Hygiene maintenance - N10,000 (body spray/perfume, roll on, soap, cream) etc..
Scrap this. Change it when it finishes, don't budget for it monthly. Buy your soap in bulk. I use premier cool and safeguard. I buy in packs that can last months.

Pay your tithe.

Adjust if possible.

Change your bulbs to 3w energy saving bulbs. Costly, but will save your light units.

Scrap this. Repair and maintain as it spoils.

- Clothing, footwear etc - N10,000/mth.
Scrap this. Buy every 3 months. And change vendors. I changed vendors and I buy quality clothes at a cheaper price now.

- Outings, restaurant, sit outs and provisions - N30,000/mth.
Go out once or twice a month and don't spend more than 6k on each outing.

Save at least 10k into an untouchable account -PiggyVest account is good. Imagine the interest you'd accrued if you've been saving for the last 3 years.

Total = N556,500...

My rent is average rent for where i stay, its a two bed flat, i use the other room for home office..

If you can, find a one bed apartment.

Feeding is N2,000/day.. its not anything out of the ordinary.. tried cooking and spent more with time wasting.

Fuel for car is at the new rate of N500/ltr, my car is a 70ltr car tank.. I suggested fuelling 30 liters weekly.

Auto maintenance is basic brake pads, shocks, service 2mths, tire guage, police pr, tire purchase if any, minor touch ups etc... nothing major.

Scrap it and fix as e spoil.

Fuel for generator is 20ltr/day (2hrs or less daily) cut down on this. No dey look your neighbor face o.

I need help.... how are you people doing it, what am i doing wrong? The rat race is killing me..
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by livinbygrace: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:

- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

YOu sure say you dey this Nigeria?You are not yet serious.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Nazgul: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
Babtunz:

Thanks! But it's currently #50k+ on Jumiawl, which I find really absurd.
It's the fuel subsidy removal effect. Coupled with the ever rising inflation we've been experiencing on a monthly basis. It shouldn't be more than 25 or at most 30k.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by SmartyPants(m): 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
You have no business in a house that takes 1/4 of your income. you certainly have no business with a car that consumes close to 2/4.

As it is, you're spending 280 of 400 on housing and transport. You are living above your means.

You should target no more than 80k for rent if you must, and do away with that car entirely. At your income level you should still be hopping buses and taking the occasional bolt.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by HopeGying: 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

FalseProphet1:
What of tithe. Why is tithe not on your budget? How can you not be paying tithes. Don't you know that your pastor has families to feed. You're lucky you're not my member, I would have called down fire on you. This is wickedness. Tueh! angry

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Babydaddymateri(m): 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:

- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

grin
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Bhol28: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dey wine yourself

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by lalalista: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
Look at this one. Will I call this a show off or what? You re earning 400k and still have mouth to complain. What about graduates that are earning 50k as we speak? What should they do? My friend get out

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by TheFreshVanilla: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
That is a perfect definition of fake life and the result is what you are experiencing. You live in a house your financial level hasn't reached, living a lifestyle your financial strength can't sustain. Zero pity for you.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Wodu89: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:

- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

I make between 400 and 900k per month. My housing cost is just 130k per annum. Use your sense

4 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Powersurge: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:

- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

How you decided to rent a house of 1.3m with a salary of 400k beats me.

I am currently earning 300k net (360k with pension). I stay in a face2face. I will be moving to a 350k per annum house by December. U dey spend 50k for generator. U get mind o cheesy.

My advice:

1. Your rent is way to high.
2. Fix Inverter and solar.
3. If you must use ur car everyday to work, carry pple and get cash. That will cover ur fuel cost. No go dey carry girls for ur office for free. U no be father Christmas.
4. Whatever u do, ensure u hv 100k saving everyday. Live within ur means baba. Dem no dey pay pple foe the most flamboyance.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Babtunz: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nazgul:

It's the fuel subsidy removal effect. Coupled with the ever rising inflation we've been experiencing on a monthly basis. It shouldn't be more than 25 or at most 30k.
Yeah, I guess so. I'm kind of getting averse to buying heavy electronics from online stores nowadays. Especially Jumia. They hike the price of everything as if there's no tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the price will be way cheaper in physical stores.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by phorget(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
No wife yet o and this one is mismanaging a 400k monthly income. Some people cant even vouch for 400k annual income and you'll still see ”em trying to feed a family.

Bro I suggest you sit back and redraw your scale of preferences and apply your opportunity cost theory. You cant continue going about wasting such amount of money monthly bro.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Armanipounds: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
With what I saw up there... I must say you're very very extravagant. Don't worry eh, Tinubu government will teach you all the hard way and painful way to save! See person budget dey carry restaurant outing 30k... 😒😒😒 The ones wey dem carry for back dey cross river say e march fish.. who carry am for back wetin the person con march? Na shark nau.. Nwokem go and sort yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
Na you be your own problem...how can a single guy like you on this salary be complaining of not meeting up? There are people with mere 100k monthly even with family doing managing and doing well, e come be you ......
Guy u need to cut down on some of your extravagant lifestyle..u dey spend 30k for sit out, must u go out all the time? U dey spent 62k for food, u no sabi cook or cant u cook at home? 12k on repairs of what? Na everytime your stuffs dey spoil? You dey spend 10k on dress, can you sacrifice not buying a new dress for 2months n save? Or you show ur sef for area with clothes..

Well u never for reason or get better friend or girlfriend wey go follow u plan welll...better start now before u begin blame imaginary village people wey no do u anything.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by flexyrule(m): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
Essenza01:

- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

You are just seeking attention.

You don't earn 400k.

All these are just lies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / Father Of Two Wanted One More Child, Then Got Triplets (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.