Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married (52666 Views)

35-Year-Old Kenyan Man Praises Sexual Prowess Of His 70-Year-Old American Wife / My 83-Year-old Father Is Getting Married To A 60-Year-Old Lady / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by EngGandalf: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
All I can say Lady, life is free and your happiness belongs to you
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Konjiboii: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
Omo many women dey pray to get man when dey take charge but you dey here dey vex,you fit still cancel the wedding sha until you reach 40, you never really old reach
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Tinnie001(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Omo babe na better red flag be this
Your happiness matters a lots without marriage regardless

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by sofeo(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
All you need is divine wisdom Ma'am.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by simfrost90210: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I am 35 years old and everybody keeps reminding me that age is no longer on my side.

My fiance and I have been dating for more than one year and we are getting married soon.

My fiance is 40 years old and he has never been married.

The relationship was really good when we started but now that our wedding is in a few weeks time, he has shown how controlling he can be.

From the choice of the wedding dress, to the bridesmaids selection, to the colour of the day, he wants to be in charge.

He also wants his mum to buy the cloth for our engagement as well as buy our wedding ring.

He does whatever his family says without seeking my opinion and it almost seems as if I am not the one getting married.

I told my parents about how this makes me feel and they just asked me to endure because I am getting older but I really fear for what is going to happen after the wedding.

Are these not red flags I should run from?

I am confused, please advise me.

No No No No
They're not red flags..
They're Green/White/Green flags..
Just hurry and get married.. Age is running 🙄

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Konjiboii: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
too much life enjoyment

Many option of dick sizes

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Boyooosa(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

I am 35 years old and everybody keeps reminding me that age is no longer on my side.

My fiance and I have been dating for more than one year and we are getting married soon.

The relationship was really good when we started but now that our wedding is in a few weeks time, he has shown how controlling he can be.

From the choice of the wedding dress, to the bridesmaids selection, to the colour of the day, he wants to be in charge.

He also wants his mum to buy the cloth for our engagement as well as buy our wedding ring.

He does whatever his family says without seeking my opinion and it almost seems as if I am not the one getting married.

I told my parents about how this makes me feel and they just asked me to endure because I am getting older but I really fear for what is going to happen after the wedding.

Break up
Wait for another 35years, it doesn't make sense for husband to be in charge, all your observations are accurate, your sanity is worthwhile

4 Likes

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
luckyz4rea:
■ Let me make things clear. You can seek the face of God to get a wife, did you do what he says to keep the marriage? ■ So don’t make seeking God’s face regarding marriage look like evil. You should refer to millions of marriages that failed without seeking God and those that sought other gods.
Who told you God answers such prayers? Are we talking here of the same God who said He does not answer any of the prayers of the unrighteous; every prayer, praise, offering, giving, "good" work, pleas, etc., of an unrighteous is a made filthy by his sins and hence an abomination to God. Is it that you believe God is a liar who answers to your whims? undecided

2. The thing about you folks is that you walk around with blinders on pretending you are of God in your ignorance. Look around you in your churches to see that the marriages of those right there in your gathering(many of them consulted pastor before marrying too) are no different in terms of issues, situations, etc., from that of those outside of your gatherings. God washed His hands off marriages from the beginning and so you are best engaging your brain when you seek a partner.. undecided

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by forerunner022(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
What I understand from what I have just read are as follows:

1. You are under a societal pressure particularly from your family to marry considering that age is not on your side.

2. You have dated this guy for over a year.

3. Base on his control of choices of clothes and other things you would need for the marriage, you fear he will have control over you in the marriage eventually.

My Take
1. Take your time to know him well
2. Be ready to be a submissive wife so as to have peace in your marriage, else do not venture into it in the first place
3. Do not allow people's opinions to push to anything you are not sure of.
4. Be open minded by talking to him about what is troubling you. There must be good communication at every point and step of the journey or things will get messy at a point.
5. Good luck on your journey

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by vickydevoka(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
I will advice her to be submissive
Ladies this days are not submissive. What the submissiveness is the ability to buy them off with money

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by casualobserver: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

At 35, this is probably your last chance to marry. The older a woman gets the worse her choices, so if you think this man is bad, the ones that will be available to you at 40 if any will be worse. It’s your choice, manage or be single. Don’t forget an man Dey marry wife no be woman Dey marry husband….at 35 you may never get a man to propose to you again.

4 Likes

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by abbeywasc(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kajaard:

Who says a woman cannot live without being married? Why is the Nigerian society so toxic towards single women?

Look if you have noticed these signs before marriage, just know that it will continue after marriage as well. If you are really saying the truth about him being very controling and domineering, as well as always listening to his family and you having no say in any decision making, then lady you have a serious decision to make. Cheers.

I guess her people would rather she is married and depressed, miserable and probably battered. I think that still better than been single and free from marital and emotional trauma. Not saying that all singles are happy with their situation, but is the trauma really worth making an already bad situation worse just to carfy the title "mrs"?

You want kids, use a sperm bank. You cant afford one..... This your guy already has red flags. Once trouble starts, you will bear the brunt. Maybe with your children sha. But all those who advised you to endure will be safely in their homes
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by vickydevoka(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kajaard:

Who says a woman cannot live without being married? Why is the Nigerian society so toxic towards single women?

Look if you have noticed these signs before marriage, just know that it will continue after marriage as well. If you are really saying the truth about him being very controling and domineering, as well as always listening to his family and you having no say in any decision making, then lady you have a serious decision to make. Cheers.
Most men are not even married this days
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by luckyz4rea(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Who told you God answers such prayers? Are we talking here of the same God who said He does not answer any of the prayers of the unrighteous; every prayer, praise, offering, giving, "good" work, pleas, etc., of an unrighteous is a made filthy by his sins and hence an abomination to God. Is it that you believe God is a liar who answers to your whims? undecided

2. The thing about you folks is that you walk around with blinders on pretending you are of God in your ignorance. Look around you in your churches to see that the marriages of those right there in your gathering(many of them consulted pastor before marrying too) are no different in terms of issues, situations, etc., from that of those outside of your gatherings. God washed His hands off marriages from the beginning and so you are best engaging your brain when you seek a partner.. undecided

I thought I could engage with you but your tone and choice of words is a frustrating one! Peace bro
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by vickydevoka(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
Emmanuel909090:

What do you guys even call red flag?

A man is supposed to be in control, the only problem I have is his decisions being dependent on his family asides that he is a man and need to act one.

Have you heard from the man. Don't believe anything from a woman

3 Likes

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by detectivejones: 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
All those asking her to get married because age is not on her side are the reason why divorce and domestic violence rate is high. If you marry that baby man you will have no say in the affairs of your home the family will even rub it on your face a family friend ignored these signs and has been suffering it for the past 8years. My 2kobo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Neddstark: 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dont let him seem like you're desperate. Tell him you both need to talk and he needs to take your opinions seriously. Because if it starts like this, na so e go be

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Excellentmind: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
OChimex:

Forget, some men especially in Africa are so prideful and controlling. And it’s annoying how they treat women. They treat their wives as slaves.
These are dumb African men who can’t move their society or country forward. And have refused to build a modern society like the rest of the world, yet they have stupid egos.
Believe me honestly, when you treat women/wives/ mothers/sister respectfully, and love them so much, the submission and respect will come naturally and the loyalty and love will be massive. (When a woman loves, she loves for real) and you will be surprise how much success you will have in your home and life and business.

I don't believe that women are treated like slaves by men. Men have always taken risks to satisfy women in the name of love and yet many get nothing in return for it. Love must be reciprocal else it will fail. Responsibility to make a successful marriage lies in the hands of the parties. When one person bears the burden of making the marriage work, it will get to a point where the person won't be able to carry it anymore, and that will mark the begging of the end of the marriage.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by trendyprettygir: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hmm…

Your instincts can never be wrong.

2 Likes

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Echo50(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

Well, it is not normal.
Going to buy your wedding gown and Ring is really outrageous but just try and condol it because time will come when he will seek your advise before action.
If your a working class Pearson that ends salary, I will be very happy because to him, you want to use the medium to exploit him or go after expensive things with considering his financial status. Learn, grow and never graduate cos it is the true definition of marriage.

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by dinachi(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

Remain single or turn to a lesbian. That's my best advice. Never allow any man tell you what to do.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by ogunsbanjul(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
It is better to be submissive and get married than NOt submissive and not get married. Remember nothing last forever because only YOU and God knows while you're unmarried by now. Though, situation might warrant it but above all invite God into your marriage and success shall be yours at the end in Jesus name
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Echo50(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fineman2:
My name is Dora.

Well, it is not normal. Going to buy your wedding gown and Ring is really outrageous but just try and condol it because time will come when he will seek your advise before action.
If your a working class Pearson that ends salary, I will be very happy because to him, you want to use the medium to exploit him or go after expensive things with considering his financial status. Learn, grow and never graduate cos it is the true definition of marriage.
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by smyo(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
Keep mute if you are not contributing shishi in d marriage, after all you don't know if his family are the one sponsoring the marriage. If you can't take it quit till you find another person you can control

2 Likes

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by adelcole(m): 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hmmm, my sister, This is my life experience. My late Sister was in your shoe then. Quite unfortunately she dead. And i will tell you she did enjoy her marriage because her husband is just who you described here.

I still grief her because I personally saw it on their wedding day I prayed for her. But I can't change anything. I loss her. A very terrible experience.

Please draw a clue from my story. Run for the family or wait for another man who will marry you.

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by zakkxx: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Madam if you know u cannot submit live the young man alone. Biko! Common wedding decisions u don they complain! You want to carry those ashobi girls that will dress naked and collect your hubby! Receive sense In Jesus name. But if you feel he is too controlling for you, u better stop the marriage.

1 Like

Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Chetas81(m): 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
NIGERIAN WOMEN ONLY MARRIED TO BREED
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by OmonnakOdapig: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
tremilatre:
Typical Dear Joro to Joro post 🤣🤣🤣, it didn't take me 2mins to deduce that, cos I'm a 2mins man 🤣🤣🤣.
Na you still create topic last month about a 35-year-old married woman with trust issues.

https://www.nairaland.com/7691434/married-woman-needs-advice

This time you're also 35yrs but never married.

I don't waste precious advice on fictional characters.
cool
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Shorty1980: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
To buy punch news paper in the evening
Re: This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married by Henix(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
He is the head, and therefore should be in charge. U are expected to be submissive.

Meanwhile, how much are u contributing to the wedding expenditure?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma / Nursing Mother With Her Baby Spotted At A Betting Shop In Lagos. Photos / Man And His Friends Storm Pastor's House, Demand For The Car His Wife Gave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.