Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted (48255 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / LASG Increased LASU Fees By 725% In 2011, Reverted Back To ₦25,000 In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tareq1105:

Let me tell you, that strike will fail and Joe Ajaero who's an agent of LP, would be disgraced next Wednesday.

Unionism is not compulsory, so I support fuel subsidy removal and I'll go to work. Yes, it's not convenient for anyone but those oil thieves are shut out of milking Nigeria and Nigerians. Any attempt by NLC under Ajaero to take us back to Egypt would not succeed.

Watch how NLC would be disgraced next week.
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by proeast(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Rehkina:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. Almighty God meet you at the point of your needs, amen.
Please my name is Angel
G.TBank

Dear Angel,

You can't just open a new account yesterday and start begging today. Exhume your old account so we can understand who you are exactly. You could possibly be a Tinubu supporter who helped to bring this suffering upon Nigerians, and if that's the case, then you deserve whatever unpleasant experience you're passing true.

Nairalanders should stop giving money to fresh accounts.

Meanwhile, I support NLC on this call to strike. They're busy brainwashing the masses that removing subsidy is in their best interest and the gullible ones are believing them. Almost every serious country pays subsidy on critical areas of their economy including United States. The same politicians that are still stealing in billions are telling you there is no money?! The same politicians receiving crazy salaries and bogus allowances are saying there is no money except the poor let's go of the only little benefit they get.

Why not ban use of foreign hospitals by politicians? Slash their outrageous salaries? Prosecute criminals that stole billions and stop massive corruption?

But they want a poor Nigerian earning 40k to let go of subsidy. Even when life is already unbearable for them.

Wicked and selfish politicians!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ezmans: 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.
how can a sensible president remove subsidy without a single working refinery? Nigeria ban imported rice because it produces rice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by blaise26abj(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ismael97:
This is the best thing to do. I am against the removal of subsidy. I wonder why the common Nigerians are in support of this. What will the money saved from the removal of fuel subsidy do for us? Will the politicians not loot it? Do you know the hardship it has brought upon us? I regret coming from this part of the world honestly

You are right . Why do people who know how corrupt Tinubu is expect him to use the money saved well ? You think money is enough for the wealthy ? Why then is Dangote doing the refinery?
Baba and his cronies will steal it all . They should revert back and work on a way to make it less painful for the people
OR

As his anti corruption promise , go after the subsidy cabal and make them pay dearly while keeping the subsidy . Subsidy is not bad . Government has just be very corrupt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBglHXi8gI

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/02/breaking-nlc-to-embark-on-nationwide-strike-wednesday/

Just watched the video. Ajaero is not playing with the way he talked there. Tinubu better reinstate the subsidy and go into negotiations with labour. Because he won't like the end of where this is going. This guy is not the docile Wabba at all kan kan! A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ezmans: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
atiku07:
Yeye this govt won't reverse shi u either take it or leave subsidy is gone for good.

The earlier we know this the better. Also any strike now beyond 2 weeks should be accompanied with no work no pay it is as simple as that.

No one should blackmail the government into submission there is no money for subsidy case closed.
how can a government remove subsidy without a single working refinery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
SleekyPosh:

Drp number

See my bio for WhatsApp
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by nitt: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
What is good for Jonathan is also good for Tinubu

NLC Carry go!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by GeneralBuhari: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
ba7man:
ASUU has been neutralised due to their excessive strikes.

NLC is next.

Completely neutralized.

In fact, ASUU will not be part of this proposed NLC strike. grin

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by LegendHero(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Whether they become factionalised or not, 90% of Nigerians will support the faction that is calling for a strike to force the government to reduce PMS price, following Tinubu's massive error on the day he was inaugurated.

If the strike ensues, Tinubu's legitimacy will also get called into question. Meanwhile Peter Obi is giving him heart attack in his current court case.

90% of which Nigerians?

It’s like you are not reading the room. Check the pulse of the people and equate it to previous pronouncement of subsidy removal by previous president.

Abeg no mention that boy called Obi, I don’t have time to waste on him coz we have real governance to bother about.

We are now in power!
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Comedian2019:

Show us your channel. Let's see how far you've succeeded πŸ˜‚

Keep waiting for it 😊
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Brushstrokes20:
Cool!... # SHUT DOWN THE SHITHOLE till effective palliatives are put in place to cushion the aftermath of subsidy removal !
# execute policies like SANE homo sapiens
# put the horse before the cart and not otherwise

Abi

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
GeneralBuhari:

Completely neutralized.

In fact, ASUU will not be part of this proposed NLC strike. grin
ASUU will always strike at their own time
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cyberterror:
NLC is currently led by Joe Ajaero, an openly partisan Igbo man who is part of the Peter Obi plot to steal President Bola Tinubu's mandate and he is playing his role by destabilizing the country with planned strike even though all the major contenders in the last election including the party he is supporting, and Nigerians in general have agreed that subsidy is a scam which must go. The DSS warned against people like Ajaero who want to torment trouble and he must be arrested if he insists on the strike. What labour should be talking of now are palliatives not a reversal of the subsidy removal. Joe Ajaero is an enemy of Nigeria who must not be allowed to carry out the hatchet job he is doing for the defeated labour party.

Shvt up!
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by dbonks(m): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
My brother I wish you Good luck.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
I'm not against the idea of subsidy removal.
But it's wrong for you an elected or selected president to mount a podium and announce it without due consultation and dialogue with the stakeholders and representatives of the people you claim to be leading.
It is anti-people policy.
A good step in a wrong direction.

Anti-people policies which APC is known for.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by nnmichelle3542: 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
see below

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by oluwabunmist: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
These yeye union people will not do anything. This is not the first time we will be hearing that there is going to be strike, at the end, no strike will happen after fat envelopes shared amongst the yeye people
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Obakoolex(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Excellent.. Why remove subsidy when no refinery is functioning? Why sell pms at an outrageous price when the stock in market are already subsidized till the end of June?
You know nothing about business.

If they should sell at subsidized price will the capital meet up to get the new stock at the new price
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by dappydozzy(m): 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.We don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.

You reason based on political sentiments which doesnt resemble the reality. A subsidy regime continuing will eventually collapse the economy, who will eventually suffer. Jonathan never gave much time for subsidy removal, the need for subsidy removal has stressed for more than 8 years now. And to say we are not yet ripe for subsidy removal after the passage of the PIA is rather retrogressive, it is a pity a lot of citizens dont understand how this country is governed, in terms of laws and the economy itself, they just come on nairaland and talk trash. Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy without the passage of PIB which did not make sense.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Reincarnation10: 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

If nnpcl for the last 4 years without noise supplied the fg with products and did not go bankrupt
Is it this current new administration it now suddenly remember that it can go bankrupt
Abi o, and the next best thing for Ajaero to do is to say people should not go to work because of NNPCL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ismael97(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
blaise26abj:

You are right . Why do people who know how corrupt Tinubu is expect him to use the money saved well ? You think money is enough for the wealthy ? Why then is Dangote doing the refinery?
Baba and his cronies will steal it all . They should revert back and work on a way to make it less painful for the people
OR

As his anti corruption promise , go after the subsidy cabal and make them pay dearly while keeping the subsidy . Subsidy is not bad . Government has just be very corrupt

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pakman:
Living in a country that places the cart before the horse.

You can say that again!
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Mom007(f): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Instead of using their influence to agitate for increase of minimum wage, they are advocating fuel price reversal. Funny lots. You want to go to heaven but you don't want to die. That has always been Nigeria's problem. You have to pay a price for the society you want...
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
edungene7:
hypocrite but when Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy back then he was an omo ibo and ole karma is a bitch Tinubu must face the consequence of is actions

Abi
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Goddyrichie(m): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ismael97:
This is the best thing to do. I am against the removal of subsidy. I wonder why the common Nigerians are in support of this. What will the money saved from the removal of fuel subsidy do for us? Will the politicians not loot it? Do you know the hardship it has brought upon us? I regret coming from this part of the world honestly . Life is hard
no mind dem last last dem go loot d money share ham call d minister of petroleum to come and explain how e spend d money na there u go hear new new diseases and sickness some go run go abroad go do check up when some go faint I don’t know when we Nigerians go wise maybe 2089 sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Forlardara(m): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
If China would come around to buy the whole country as scrap, I don't care. We must go back to the old price. The suffering is too much. They should be using huge money recovered by EFCC and ICPC to keep subsidizing petroleum products.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

Nlc is going on strike cause the subsidy ends July 31st and the new price at the filling stations has already been paid for by the fg.
So the extra funds mopped .who gets it🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴

That is the question they have refused to answer! Your guess is as good as mine on the answer.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by SalamRushdie: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
thegooddieyoung:
Is PMS sold at 490 in your area?

We are in for a long run indeed

Yes
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
engrjacuzzi:
If you must remove subsidy then you must increase minimum wage.

Exactly! And that is what that usurper clearly doesn't want to do! He basically wants to add the subsidy savings to his and his government loots.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ismael97(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
Goddyrichie:
no mind dem last last dem go loot d money share ham call d minister of petroleum to come and explain how e spend d money na there u go hear new new diseases and sickness some go run go abroad go do check up when some go faint I don’t know when we Nigerians go wise maybe 2089 sha

Richie, I am already tired
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Bluntemperor: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
femisplash:
Just dey play.
If you like protest, i'd remove subsidy- President Tinubu 2022.
All ye cabal pocketing $10b every year for subsidy fraud, your time is up. Fuel subsidy is gone!

Ajaero of NLC is a Labour Party( LP)- stooges - just follow all his rants since Elections and they are trying to be relevant! He is being used by Labour leaders.
The TUC And NLC are all trying to be relevant - which they couldn't do for 8- yrs under Buhari's govt,which they see as not serious!
In fact, by calling a General Strike,the Labour Leaders have played into the Tinubu's hand and the only thing is to negotiate for Salary Increase for the Workers.
President Tinubu should immediately negotiate but never bring the Oil Subsidies -Robbers back!
Imagine Benin-Republic -People are demonstrating because of Nigerian Oil and wants the Oil Subsidies to continue! Shame!
President Tinubu, should call Labour Leaders for Negotiations of Salary and tell Nigerians that all is in their interests!
The President should begin to repair at least 2- Refineries before the End of 2023,in addition ,to Dangote Refineries -that is coming up next Month.
They are all Conspiracy ( both Internal and External), waging war against Nigeria Development and they are benefiting- directly and indirectly!
Is that what God plans for Nigeria?
NO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: Buhari Is An Animal, I'm Not Afraid Of Him / 2019 Election: Presidency Reacts To Alleged Viral Audio Of Saraki / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.