Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted (48260 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / LASG Increased LASU Fees By 725% In 2011, Reverted Back To โ‚ฆ25,000 In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Larryndelaw: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.Nigerians don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.
They will.not receive pay if they go on. Strike. The industrial court has already rule that . Hope they know.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Alliswell248: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Austineva:
Let it start immediately. Anything that will bring an end to this zoo country is a very welcome development. D zoo must not exist beyond this year

Biafra is here๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ

Thank God.... Nigerians didn't vote for the Ipob/biafran man.
In Jagaban we trust.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by MrsTblooms: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
NLC should go to hell. Nigerians are more enlightened now than ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Xkonzult: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
DeLaRue:

Party manifesto, pronouncements made during campaigning, and subjecting yourself to an election where millions of the voting populace vote for or against your program of action is the biggest form of consultation.

Mr Tinubu repeatedly made it abundantly clear in his manifesto and during campaigning that he intends to get rid of the subsidy.

I hope u are among those to take decision on how d saved subilsidy funds are (looted) invested ,talk what u know ooo,u are nobody in their scheme of things
People heard loud and clear, and still said, yes, we prefer you by voting to deliver his victory.

That means the majority of the voting population has given Mr Tinubu the mandate to remove subsidy. That is democracy.

By 2027, the majority can decide to change their minds and vote a candidate that wants to bring back subsidy.

But for now, subsidy is gone.

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Excellent.. Why remove subsidy when no refinery is functioning? Why sell pms at an outrageous price when the stock in market are already subsidized till the end of June?

Abi. The questions they can't answer. There is budgetary provision until June ending, so why the haste?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Guestlander: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Manigie:
I hope these agbado eaters and that fellow who sang ' as e pain dem' last week will not be part of this strike because their cards allow them to buy fuel at a cheaper price......

If not for the wickedness in our leaders, how can you just take away subsidy without doing anything or putting things in place to alleviate the suffering? You just announced boom, as if you're running your home....

Subsidy is gone. It doesn't benefit most Nigerians. This is not about politics.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by DeLaRue: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
thegooddieyoung:
Is PMS sold at 490 in your area?

We are in for a long run indeed

I am currently outside Lagos state, and I bought for N500 yesterday and there was no queue, though most filling stations were closed.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Cutehector(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Weak NLC
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Larryndelaw: 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

No problem
Nlc will just sue the whole nnpcl for economic sabotage!
And end shutting it down through the courts!
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
What am I saying sef๐Ÿคท๐Ÿคท๐Ÿšด๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡
Industrial Court has already rule that No work no.pay. awe can continue to subsidize Africa petrol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by LagBae(f): 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ismael97:
This is the best thing to do. I am against the removal of subsidy. I wonder why the common Nigerians are in support of this. What will the money saved from the removal of fuel subsidy do for us? Will the politicians not loot it? Do you know the hardship it has brought upon us? I regret coming from this part of the world honestly

I thought I was the only one thinking this way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
seborrhic:
Lets use the crude oil at the nternational market as a yardstick then make your textrapolations from there
You will give us the unit quantities of products produced per litre from a barrel of crude oil.
Then you will give the data of what ph refinery produces per litre from a barrel of crude oil.
Finally you will now factor a gigantous 600000 barrel a day facility and tell us that the unit cost of production will be lesser or higher than an imported product .seeing the raw crude is in your backyard
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Donbabaj: 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity

Baba na big man! you can afford it. People don't think about others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Lagbenjo: 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Y not on Monday. Una no get una sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Industrial Court has already rule that No work no.pay. awe can continue to subsidize Africa petrol
Like I said no problem
Nnpcl will explain what June 31st means!๐Ÿค”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Image123(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
This is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, not GEJ or Buhari. Take note and use your God given brains.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Donbabaj: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
Image123:
This is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, not GEJ or Buhari. Take note and use your God given brains.

And so fvcking what? who is he? the people you mention were far better than BAT bro
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by OfoIgbo: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
LegendHero:
Lol NLC about to lose their relevance at this stage.

They will soon be factionalized.

Whether they become factionalised or not, 90% of Nigerians will support the faction that is calling for a strike to force the government to reduce PMS price, following Tinubu's massive error on the day he was inaugurated.

If the strike ensues, Tinubu's legitimacy will also get called into question. Meanwhile Peter Obi is giving him heart attack in his current court case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Alaigbomaster: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jostoman:
Very good, i hope NLC are not giving us false hope?

Lol, so what do you expect to achieve from the strike?

Fuel subsidy should come back? So we can continue to be in debt while subsidizing fuel for Niger Republic and co.

They can strike for 20 years, but no going back on subsidy removal
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
seborrhic:
Oh God,this is very wrong.
Already there are adjustments going on,transporters that increased their fares by 100% have in some cases reduced it to 50%.
Given time, people will find other cost saving measures to take.
What NLC wants to do is the stupidest thing at this time for these 2 vital reasons:
prices that have increased will never go back to the pre-subsidy removal prices,even if the government reverses course.
There would be scarcity of the product during the strike and even after the strike is called off and the subsidy remains.
But with this present removal there would never again be scarcity because people would reduce fuel they buy or only buy if they have something important to do with fuel.There won't be hoarding because unlike when insane profits were made from hoarding,you can only make money now if you sell your fuel,so hoarding it won't make you incur losses!
Please NLC should rather dialogue with the government on palliatives and maybe salary increase.
Strike over a subsidy that must go one day is the most foolish decision to be taken now!

The government that removed subsidy without these palliative measures in place is who you are taking serious? Infact, if nothing is done about this action, there might be no increment in salaries knowing the Tinubu I know very well. So this is the time for Labour to flex their muscles comrade. If not, this greedy government can decide not to negotiate with them again and their actions are pointing towards that direction. If they are sincere, they should reverse the subsidy removal and go into negotiations with labour for salary increments and other palliatives. Only then can they remove the subsidy. That is how things are done! First things first!

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Alaigbomaster: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Donbabaj:

And so fvcking what? who is he? the people you mention were far better than BAT bro

They can strike for 20 years, no going back on subsidy removal
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by siaco(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.

Please sir, explain to us how a minimum wage earner will adjust since they need to go to work everyday with public transport, and they will still buy food which will be definitely affected by increase in pump price?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Comedian2019: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
YOUTUBE9ja:
do you know you can quit your full time job when start a CELEBRITY GOSSIP YouTube channel and start earning in dollars in less than 60days? itโ€™s a no brainer. Let me teach you how. I charge 1k. Mention me if interested
Show us your channel. Let's see how far you've succeeded ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Reincarnation10: 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

Isnnpcl blind that the fg said it has budgeted subsidy till June 32st.
Abi when did nnpcl starts threatening fg๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Which threat? Where do you want NNPCL to get the money she doesnโ€™t clearly have? Abi your Labour leader is too sick in the head to understand the company has gone public? He wants to put the Nigerian workers in problem Abi, so that they wonโ€™t get full salary in June? Labour is going on strike because a public company, not FG, said this is the price that pays me to sell. No be ment be that?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by OfoIgbo: 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
seborrhic:
Oh God,this is very wrong.
Already there are adjustments going on,transporters that increased their fares by 100% have in some cases reduced it to 50%.
Given time, people will find other cost saving measures to take.
What NLC wants to do is the stupidest thing at this time for these 2 vital reasons:
prices that have increased will never go back to the pre-subsidy removal prices,even if the government reverses course.
There would be scarcity of the product during the strike and even after the strike is called off and the subsidy remains.
But with this present removal there would never again be scarcity because people would reduce fuel they buy or only buy if they have something important to do with fuel.There won't be hoarding because unlike when insane profits were made from hoarding,you can only make money now if you sell your fuel,so hoarding it won't make you incur losses!
Please NLC should rather dialogue with the government on palliatives and maybe salary increase.
Strike over a subsidy that must go one day is the most foolish decision to be taken now!

No need dialoging with a group of riggers who probably get free petrol from government petrol dumps.

People are suffering massively.

Tinubu must be taught a lesson. THere are much better ways of removing subsidy.
You don't remove subsidy without putting certain measures in place to cushion the blow.

And I don't see why petrol here should be costing more than it costs in the US. A country that is orders of magnitude richer than us. People must protest.

A mandate thief cannot just come in and announce measures without thinking of the people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by LagBae(f): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Excellent.. Why remove subsidy when no refinery is functioning? Why sell pms at an outrageous price when the stock in market are already subsidized till the end of June?

I wonder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Alliswell248: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
NLC should tread with care.
FG would roll out palliative.
FG this year has increased it's workers salary by 40 percent.

Finally, the Oronsaye report is still there since 2012, if the FG should decide to implement it, half of the FG workforce would go.

Subsidy should go.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Reincarnation10:
Which threat? Where do you want NNPCL to get the money she doesnโ€™t clearly have? Abi your Labour leader is too sick in the head to understand the company has gone public? He wants to put the Nigerian workers in problem Abi, so that they wonโ€™t get full salary in June? Labour is going on strike because a public company, not FG, said this is the price that pays me to sell. No be ment be that?
If nnpcl for the last 4 years without noise supplied the fg with products and did not go bankrupt
Is it this current new administration it now suddenly remember that it can go bankrupt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Tareq1105: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kennyfancy:
We want fuel subsidy out but the government must put modalities in place to check mate all other fraudulent activities and secondly they should provide incentives for the masses because we all know they can remove subsidy and still steal the money they save

Let me tell you, that strike will fail and Joe Ajaero who's an agent of LP, would be disgraced next Wednesday.

Unionism is not compulsory, so I support fuel subsidy removal and I'll go to work. Yes, it's not convenient for anyone but those oil thieves are shut out of milking Nigeria and Nigerians. Any attempt by NLC under Ajaero to take us back to Egypt would not succeed.

Watch how NLC would be disgraced next week.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by sammirano: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thank God
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ismael97(m): 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
LagBae:

I thought I was the only one thinking this way.

I don't know or understand how some Nigerians think. Have these politicians ever been transparent?

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Psalter: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
ITS QUITE SURPRISING NLC IS CALLING FOR STRIKE OVER SUBSIDY REMOVAL. THE SAME NLC THAT WAS IN COMA WHEN THE NAIRA REDESIGN WAS INTRODUCED. NLC IS DEEPLY INVOLVED IN LABOUR PARTY AND CANNOT THEREFORE CLAIM NOT TO BE PARTISAN IN ARRIVING AT THIS UNPOPULAR DECISION TO GO ON STRIKE. THE SAME LABOUR PARTY THAT NLC SUPPORTED CAMPAIGNED THAT SUBSIDY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY ONCE THEIR CANDIDATE IS SWORN IN.

I WONDER WHY WE ARE BEEN UNREASONABLE IN THIS COUNTRY. THE EARLIER WE KILL THIS MONSTER CALLED SUBSIDY THE BETTER FOR US. THE PRIORITY OF GOVERNMENT NOW SHOULD BE ON PALLIATIVES TO CUSHION THE EFECT. TIME FOR NIGERIANS TO RESTRUCTURE THEIR LIVES AND FACE REALITY.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by apache4: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
You are beautiful

That's all i can say

Beremx:
I hope they're serious this time around. Nigerians have missed going on strike ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo's 60th Birthday: "Capable Of Leading Nigeria" / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.