Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted (48258 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / LASG Increased LASU Fees By 725% In 2011, Reverted Back To ₦25,000 In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ventura1: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
NNPCL should just reverse, and shut all their retail outlet around the country. Let the major and independent marketers continue to sell.

Ajaero romance with Peter obi and labour party will taint this fight, expect division among the rank and file of the labour union.

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by seunayantokun(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
If workers go on strike and are paid then ASUU must be paid. If workers are not paid then the strike will fail.
To me, it seems the call for a strike action won't achieve its intent this time around.
Omo, give me one chair there, I wan watch this action movie.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by FireUpNow(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity
Move on to where na? They should tackle the govt. You cannot take such decision without wider consultation
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Bigfish121(m): 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
Protest is different from strike.
Strike is total shutdown.
Even airports will not open.
So the govt is totally cribbed.

femisplash:
Just dey play.

If you like protest, i'd remove subsidy- President Tinubu 2022.

All ye cabal pocketing $10b every year for subsidy fraud, your time is up. Fuel subsidy is gone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Skyehigher1: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
Can Joe ajaero can swear that he didn't have share in fuel subsidy ole
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by pinkasso: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
Why not bring the palliatives first, even if it's brought in gradually, even with a proposed plan of removing subsidy in 2012 that included palliatives Tinubu and co. Say "lie lie", - we cannot trust this Government...now you want millions of masses to start suffering because they want to enjoy in future...Why did NNPC adjust their price , Why??, Just tell me...the product they have in storage the government have already paid subsidy for those product and even budgeted for June..brink the palliatives and prosecute the thieves then fully deregulate the upstream sector...
Cyberterror:
NLC is currently led by Joe Ajaero, an openly partisan Igbo man who is part of the Peter Obi plot to steal President Bola Tinubu's mandate and he is playing his role by destabilizing the country with planned strike even though all the major contenders in the last election including the party he is supporting, and Nigerians in general have agreed that subsidy is a scam which must go. The DSS warned against people like Ajaero who want to torment trouble and he must be arrested if he insists on the strike. What labour should be talking of now are palliatives not a reversal of the subsidy removal. Joe Ajaero is an enemy of Nigeria who must not be allowed to carry out the hatchet job he is doing for the defeated labour party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by DeLaRue: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
OChimex:

You think everybody can afford it like you do?
How can you pay someone 30k minimum wage a whole fu!..ck..ing month and expect them to buy fuel 490?
If you increase the fuel price by over 100 percent, then increase their salary same way so that they can afford that.
People striking are not business people, but people paid salary.
How do you expect them to survive?
Nigerian leaders are idiots.
In the US, fuel are sold by gallons (3.4 liters a gallon) Hovers around $2.9 to $4 depending on where you live. But the lowest minimum hourly wage in America is like $14.
So people can actually afford the fuel.

I agree that wages at the bottom end of the employment ladder are too low.

Minimum wage needs to be more than N30,000. Unfortunately, even if Federal government increases it, there is no guarantee that States will pay.

I personally call on all private companies and employers to increase wages by however much they can afford.

Afterall, an under-paid, barely-surviving employee is unlikely to have the physical and mental strength to perform at its best.

The government should also procure mass transit and smaller buses and distribute to transport operators at discounted rates to keep a lid on transport cost.

But, subsidy must go.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by thegooddieyoung: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
Is PMS sold at 490 in your area?

We are in for a long run indeed

SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by micflo28(m): 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
You don't impoverish an already Impoverished nation. The current minimum wage is abysmally too low and there should be palliative for transporters to help with mild increment of transport fare and price of goods transported.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Jagabanarmy: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBglHXi8gI

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/02/breaking-nlc-to-embark-on-nationwide-strike-wednesday/
Sha I said it on this platform that I know the NLC will not agree to this removal and I support them on this. PBT must engage and communicate more with stakeholders and Nigerians before taking critical decisions. We want him to succeed and be the best president ever in our country. I don't support this removal now until plans are on ground to cushion the effects of the removal. Government must revert the price now!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Jagabanarmy: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.Nigerians don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.
I don't support this removal now until plans are on the ground to cushion the effects of the removal. The price should be reverted. I said it here that NLC will not agree to it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Elsueno: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
i would be watching u guys on TV😂, I am firmly in agreement with this subsidy removal even though it affects me well well....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Jagabanarmy: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jostoman:
Very good, i hope NLC are not giving us false hope?
You don't know the NLC president. If government didn't revert it, they will go on strike and it's too early for this. I know PBT will listen. I said it here that it will not stand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by OChimex: 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
DeLaRue:

I agree that wages at the bottom end of the employment ladder are too low.

Minimum wage needs to be more than N30,000. Unfortunately, even if Federal government increases it, there is no guarantee that States will pay.

I personally call on all private companies and employers to increase wages by however much they can afford.

Afterall, an under-paid, barely-surviving employee is unlikely to have the physical and mental strength to perform at its best.

The government should also procure mass transit and smaller buses and distribute to transport operators at discounted rates to keep a lid on transport cost.

But, subsidy must go.

They all can comfortably afford the increment, especially the state govt, just that the wicked selfish evil governors only want to loot that money.
The private sector can as well afford a reasonable increase in the salary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dshocker:
In as much as i am an Obidient, i still commend Tinubu for removing subsidy.

But the timing is wrong, but we would all adapt to the change.

MRS Oil & Gas alone collects more than N200B every year from federal government, can you imagine the scam.

Idi Aboki.... what is that thing in NNPC still doing as GMD.... àwon Scammers
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by nikz(f): 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
As if they will embark on this strike mtchewwww
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
As expected.

Abi
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by clems88(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
By Wednesday nowthey will change mouth. No be today them dey organise strike
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Shut down da Bleeping *uck System

Their FADA👹

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by cletz991(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Rubber stamp NLC grin
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Jagabanarmy: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
Judolisco:
NLC won't go on any strike... Very toothless organization
Please go and check the NLC president. This one is different from the former one oooo. If government didn't revert, they will embark on strike and it's too early. I know PBT will listen. I support NLC on this. No to the removal until plans are on ground to cushion the effects of the removal . Government should fix our refineries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Eecho(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.
Understand that you as a common man will never benefit from Subsidy removal . Only the Looters shall benefit .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by DeLaRue: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
FireUpNow:

Move on to where na? They should tackle the govt. You cannot take such decision without wider consultation

Party manifesto, pronouncements made during campaigning, and subjecting yourself to an election where millions of the voting populace vote for or against your program of action is the biggest form of consultation.

Mr Tinubu repeatedly made it abundantly clear in his manifesto and during campaigning that he intends to get rid of the subsidy.

People heard loud and clear, and still said, yes, we prefer you by voting to deliver his victory.

That means the majority of the voting population has given Mr Tinubu the mandate to remove subsidy. That is democracy.

By 2027, the majority can decide to change their minds and vote a candidate that wants to bring back subsidy.

But for now, subsidy is gone.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jostoman:
Very good, i hope NLC are not giving us false hope?

Seems you don't know Ajaero well.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Xkonzult: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dshocker:
In as much as i am an Obidient, i still commend Tinubu for removing subsidy.

But the timing is wrong, but we would all adapt to the change.

MRS Oil & Gas alone collects more than N200B every year from federal government, can you imagine the scam.
Then it is d masses that should now be paying the 200b every year,and the saved monies rest in d thier hands for luxruies ...mind ur bizness and guide d little dat subsidies helped

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Austineva(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Let it start immediately. Anything that will bring an end to this zoo country is a very welcome development. D zoo must not exist beyond this year

Biafra is here🕺🕺🕺
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Alliswell248: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
anthony533:
Are you even aware that former president Buhari paid fuel subsidy till June 31st? The fraud here is NNPC selling subsidized fuel at non subsidized rate...subsidy was supposed to end by June 31st,why did it end at May 30th?...Please can you explain why we re buying expensive fuel at this time when it's not yet July?

Serious hoarding by the marketers and the filling stations would start.
With this, expect great scarcity because they know that by July 1st, the price would increase.

I can assure you majority of Nigerians won't see PMS to buy if nnpcl didn't change their price now.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Enskynelson(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
femisplash:
Just dey play.

If you like protest, i'd remove subsidy- President Tinubu 2022.

All ye cabal pocketing $10b every year for subsidy fraud, your time is up. Fuel subsidy is gone!
Every good Nigerian who understands the subsidy will want it removed. The problem is that, the govt didn't prepare in anyway for it. Ex PMB said it will be removed after June. What were the measures he put in place? By now, government should have plenty govt-own3d buses in every state to ease the cost of transportation... They should also have considered increasing the minimum wage or put our refineries in order to reduce the cost. Instead, Buhari has been sleeping counting down to subsidy removal. This is where the government got it wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by yemi1504: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Manigie:
I hope these agbado eaters and that fellow who sang ' as e pain dem' last week will not be part of this strike because their cards allow them to buy fuel at a cheaper price......

If not for the wickedness in our leaders, how can you just take away subsidy without doing anything or putting things in place to alleviate the suffering? You just announced boom, as if you're running your home....

Abi o! But we warned them sha that Tinubu is an heartless man and dictatorial. Did they listen?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by AlphaWolf27: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Clowns. Subsidy was never budgeted for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tambuwal Weds Mairo-Mustapha As Second Wife In Kano / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo's 60th Birthday: "Capable Of Leading Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.