Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted (48307 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / LASG Increased LASU Fees By 725% In 2011, Reverted Back To ₦25,000 In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Jogs1900: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.
Leave NLC na, they are playing opposition game. You know LP can't kick against it because Obi already said the subsidy must go.
This NLC is partisan.

5 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
TheOldGods:
no, they have accepted that subsidy must go, they are only angry that subsidy ends by June 31, but nnpc increased the price already before that time to make alot of money. Which is that corruption we are talking about. Price never change, but you are selling old stock this is subsidised at none subsided rate. Do you understand now?
Gbagaun
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by seborrhic: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Excellent.. Why remove subsidy when no refinery is functioning?
Oga,functioning refineries won't make fuel cheaper,it MAY just make it readily available.
Fuel subsidy removal would make fuel scarcity a thing of the past and with time prices that were increased due to it will gradually reduce because it's going to drive innovation and creativeness in fuel economy and usage.

5 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
MC oluomo will be put into use now!

cool

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by onadana: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity

Let's allow it, let's move on is why we are stagnating as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Chillext:
I no get strength for strike and protest again

I don use my strength beg people to vote the right person but Dem no hear

I understand my brother, no more strength to preach again. We should bear it
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by nakoks(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ismael97:
This is the best thing to do. I am against the removal of subsidy. I wonder why the common Nigerians are in support of this. What will the money saved from the removal of fuel subsidy do for us? Will the politicians not loot it? Do you know the hardship it has brought upon us? I regret coming from this part of the world honestly

Just listen to urself. Trillions every month to who and subsidizing for the whole west Africa. Better go and get informed .

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by EngGandalf: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Chillext:
I no get strength for strike and protest again

I don use my strength beg people to vote the right person but Dem no hear

Wetyn make you think say you sabi the right person?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by pingpong1: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Judges that have been running away from their duty will grant and Order on Monday restraining NLC from embarking on the strike action. Mark it.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Brushstrokes20: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cool!... # SHUT DOWN THE SHITHOLE till EFFECTIVE palliatives are put in place to cushion the aftermath of subsidy removal !
# execute policies like SANE homo sapiens
# put the horse before the cart and not otherwise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Cyberterror: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
NLC is currently led by Joe Ajaero, an openly partisan Igbo man who is part of the Peter Obi plot to steal President Bola Tinubu's mandate and he is playing his role by destabilizing the country with planned strike even though all the major contenders in the last election including the party he is supporting, and Nigerians in general have agreed that subsidy is a scam which must go. The DSS warned against people like Ajaero who want to torment trouble and he must be arrested if he insists on the strike. What labour should be talking of now are palliatives not a reversal of the subsidy removal. Joe Ajaero is an enemy of Nigeria who must not be allowed to carry out the hatchet job he is doing for the defeated labour party.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by WhatIf: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good

There is nothing good in it, they should stop deceiving us! They are only interested in what they will get or gain from the Government.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by emekajacobogbon(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
I'm not against the idea of subsidy removal.
But it's wrong for you an elected or selected president to mount a podium and announce it without due consultation and dialogue with the stakeholders and representatives of the people you claim to be leading.
It is anti-people policy.
A good step in a wrong direction.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
seborrhic:

Oga,functioning refineries won't make fuel cheaper,it MAY just make it readily available.
Fuel subsidy removal would make fuel scarcity a thing of the past and with time prices that were increased due to it will gradually reduce because it's going to drive innovation and creativeness in fuel economy and usage.
Why would local functioning refineries make products expensive than imported products
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Tareq1105: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good

NLC would fail. Joe Ajaero is an agent of LP and he's going to be disgraced next Wednesday as he proposed.

Not until then, he wouldn't know that unionism is voluntary.

Nigeria cannot continue to subsidy fuel for West African nations.

This strike will fail.

4 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by DOptical: 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ode. The NLC should go after the greedy oil blocks owners. These greedy oil block owners are the people who should been offering subsidy for the masses, considering they've got no right to our oil block in the first place, not one government using Nigerians' money to pay oil subsidy while the cabals and marketers siphon it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by richardokubo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBglHXi8gI

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/02/breaking-nlc-to-embark-on-nationwide-strike-wednesday/

Very good I trust this new NLC president he is a no man nonsense Nigerians are behind you if the Nnpc and the federal government fail to reverse the price to it's old price the strike must go a head . Pls NLC don't allow govt. Bully u or convince u wth their lies to back down reverse back to old price first of all then negotiations start

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
I also want strike for Indomie, egg, chicken, milk, bread, etc.

If subsidy is gone, we should let market forces do the rest.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by lapintoz: 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Flat heads have been buying fuel at N450 before now, so wetin concern you.....mumu

Rehkina:
I hope agbado mandate standers are buying fuel 50/ltr using their APC membership cards.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Chetas81(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
YOU support apc government for another 8 years under emotional error of the Nigerian citizen
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Tareq1105: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
richardokubo:

Very good I trust this new NLC president he is a no man nonsense Nigerians are behind you if the Nnpc and the federal government fail to reverse the price to it's old price the strike must go a head . Pls NLC don't allow govt. Bully u or convince u wth their lies to back down reverse back to old price first of all then negotiations start

The strike will fail.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by bdauran: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Why didn't they strike in Buhari's regime?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
BuddhaPalm:
I also want strike for Indomie, egg, chicken, milk, bread, etc.

If subsidy is gone, we should let market forces do the rest.

there is only one nnpcl .where market force want to start🙄🙄
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by richardokubo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity

Move on to were, what are the palletive measure to cushion for the subsidy remover or is subsidy no more fruad or lies accory to Tinubu and Buhari back in 2012 bunch of hypocrite people in Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by PJ123: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.Nigerians don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.

Igbo people, God will defeat upon Nigeria in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
bdauran:
Why didn't they strike in Buhari's regime?
Because buhari said he was still paying subsidy and already increased salary to #30000

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by orazx: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
atiku07:
Yeye this govt won't reverse shi u either take it or leave subsidy is gone for good.

The earlier we know this the better. Also any strike now beyond 2 weeks should be accompanied with no work no pay it is as simple as that.

No one should blackmail the government into submission there is no money for subsidy case closed.

Do you think you will benefit from the fuel subsidy removal?
Just the few days of the fuel subsidy removal has affected me .
I own a shop Bakery and we don’t have light here, I need to run on fuel from morning till I close.
How do you expect me to cope? Don’t tell me to increase the price of my bread. Some people still complain about the present price.
We need the fuel subsidy removal but plans should be on ground not without plans

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by dyera(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.Nigerians don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.

In short, Karma is a bitch.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by edoairways: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Toothless dog that would soon call off
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by BreconHills(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/02/breaking-nlc-to-embark-on-nationwide-strike-wednesday/

They should go on strike. It was expected.

June is holiday month in that case.

At least until end of the month when their members don't get paid. No work no pay. When children doing IGCSE start to shout they will get sense.

Thank God for Zoom and covid 19 tech infrastructure - we advance.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by casualobserver: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Djele:
Animal

“No matter how long you protest, we are going to remove subsidy”….BAT

He is ready for you. When you are ready to go to work, petrol stations will be ready for you with zero subsidy. Remember Supreme Court ruling…no work no pay.

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by soil4soil(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
fergie001:

We are helping the big man with cars that has V6 V8 and other types of engine.

We are also helping our surrounding countries because the petrol are being taken to those countries buy the big men that can afford tankers to sell after the government has paid the subsidy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari As A Tennis Player In The 70s / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) / Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.