Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted (48297 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / LASG Increased LASU Fees By 725% In 2011, Reverted Back To ₦25,000 In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by tsdarkside(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
my foot....protest till kingdom come....
no going back....

do anyhow,police and army go treat una fvckup....!!
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by SalamRushdie: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
Basicend:

You are crazy. Because you have money. . Abi?

Do you know that nothing less than 13 people begged me for food or money yesterday alone when I went out in Lagos.

More that half Nigerians won't be able to afford on meal again if we don't tackle.this criminals.

So where do we start from ?

NLC is that I know are just here to make money , las las they will call of the strike after Tinubu pays them off and they will say let Nigerians accept 400 naira a litre
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Relixy2k: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Yes, please halt subsidy removal. Make other refineries work. Create a pathway for what subsidy will do then remove in phases immediately or fully in a year at least from now. Most Nigerians are suffering hunger, poverty, homelessness, etc due to Buhari evil regime. We don't need an immediate addition to the woes already on ground.
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.We don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Image123(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
yemi1504:

This is Ajaero and not Wabba. Take note too.

Action will tell you.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by OfoIgbo: 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
LegendHero:

Like I always say, Tinubu learnt drug baronial from Obi of Onitsha.

I heard him and Obi of Onitsha always carry cocaine together and he’s now trying to buy the Obi of Onitsha palace from the drug proceeds.

Please is the above true?

I'm not sure it is true, because drug boy did not present any evidence in the tribunal alluding to Obi ever partaking in the drug trade.
However Obi sent in evidence to prove drug boy is a drug baron that had to forfeit $460,000 in drug proceeds to the US authorities
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by akin9ja78(m): 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
We don't want strike. Is not as if this people love us about the strike thing we need to trust the government for sometimes we don't want strike the youth must be wise No to strike SAY NO TO STRIKE

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by DaveHarry(m): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tinubu and his APC gang have no foresight. shey dey protested against subsidy removal wen Jonathan was president, now the same people want to enact it. It goes to show that tinubu and his crooked-ass APC gang members doesn't mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians. Obobs but Nigerians weak sha aswear

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by tsdarkside(m): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

So where do we start from ?

NLC is that I know are just here to make money , las las they will call of the strike after Tinubu pays them off and they will say let Nigerians accept 400 naira a litre

dont mind those money hungry morafvckers pretendin to fight for people....
its always about money....

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by HRMK: 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
NLC IS PLAYING DIRTY POLITICS BY PLAYING ROLE OF OPPOSITION!DOES THE WANT THE GOVT TO GO DEEPER INTO MORE DEBTS?ITS AS IF LP AND NLC ARE SAME AS IT IS NOW!!

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by tsdarkside(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
HRMK:
NLC IS PLAYING DIRTY POLITICS BY PLAYING ROLE OF OPPOSITION!DOES THE WANT THE GOVT TO GO DEEPER INTO MORE DEBTS?ITS AS IF LP AND NLC ARE SAME AS IT IS NOW!!

we have to realy start educatin ourselves so that politicians dont have it that easy to deceive us no more....
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by ogbe88(m): 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2023
Patrioticman007:

It's not about GEJ the clueless but Nigeria & Nigerians. Subsidy is a gonner but it's the method of it's removal that people are against.
Let Dangote & at least one refinery start distribution before you remove it.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Africa.
You are the clueless E-diot.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by vickydevoka(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.
Suffering and smiling bcus of na my brother be that
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by LegendHero(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
OfoIgbo:

I'm not sure it is true, because drug boy did not present any evidence in the tribunal alluding to Obi ever partaking in the drug trade.
However Obi sent in evidence to prove drug boy is a drug baron that had to forfeit $460,000 in drug proceeds to the US authorities

Yes I heard that too. I am not talking about Peter Obi tho, I am talking about the warrant chief called Obi of Onitsha who owns a palace in Anambla.

That Igwe (warrant chief) in collusion with Tinubu run the drug trade together and I think Peter Obi the boy should add that as part of his petition.

Obi of Onitsha (warrant chief) colluded witn Tinubu to sell his palace and then singlehandedly made thousands of Anambra youth to populate prison across Asia and South America. If you go to any prison in Asia and shout Shinedu, 500 people will answer at once and say Nna.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Johnn74: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.We don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.
The gist now be say THERE IS NO SUBSIDY MONEY KEPT ANYWHERE THAT WILL NOW BE CHANNELLED INTO ROAD, ELECTRICITY; AND INFRASTRUCTURE. D GIST BE SAY NA GBESE LOANED MONEY.CHINA LOAN; IMF LOAN ; ETC AND GBESE WILL ONLY REDUCE SMALL. BUT THERE MUST BE GBESE These people lootung and corruption too much. They have eaten and sold the whole country.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by sapele914(m): 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Keep wasting your time, Confused Obidient, you passed a law, an act of legislation to remove subsidy under the PIB Act, now the mumus say they want to go on strike?

Zombies, the difference between now & then is that the removal of petrol subsidy under Jonathan was an executive order.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Goodman2023: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.

And looting the excess due to the removal of subsidy is also good for the economy at this material time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by sapele914(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
vickydevoka:

Suffering and smiling bcus of na my brother be that
Only if you oblivious children will sit down & learn? Removal of petrol subsidy is an act of parliament, not an executive order, stop wasting your time chasing shadows.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Vadese1: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Way to go. Fully supported
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by sapele914(m): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Goodman2023:

And looting the excess due to the removal of subsidy is also good for the at this material time
Which excesses Wailer, & who is looting what?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by sapele914(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Vadese1:
Way to go. Fully supported
Waste of time, you have passed a law to remove petrol subsidy, now you say you want to go on strike?

No wonder you people are suffering in that country, bunch of clueless citizens of the Republic.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ajixegun: 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
Nonsense! Subsidy is gone for good. This ajaero guy just want to catch cruise, be relevant and make money like Oshiomole.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Genesis21(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
atiku07:
Yeye this govt won't reverse shi u either take it or leave subsidy is gone for good.

The earlier we know this the better. Also any strike now beyond 2 weeks should be accompanied with no work no pay it is as simple as that.

No one should blackmail the government into submission there is no money for subsidy case closed.
In support 💯
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Goodman2023: 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
sapele914:
Which excesses Wailer, & who is looting what?

Yes daddy...I learnt you and your family are buying fuel for 194 naira ..howfa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Masterito(m): 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
The worst is part Tinubu criticize subsidy in the past.
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by jonnex: 7:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
This will be the first nationwide strike that will not be observed nationwide, the cabal milking on subsidy will not find it easy than to mastermind the strike so as to return to status quo. I support a meaningful dialog with the federal government to bring a succor to the pains of the Nigerians with a meaningful intervention.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
dyera:

In a civilized country with intelligent citizens, minimum wage, salary, price of goods and services will be directed to be increased accordingly a month before removal of fuel subsidy. And the only people that will suffer as a result of the removal of fuel subsidy would be the cabals that benefit from it.
Exactly my brother, I expected such statement from d president,
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by ashawopikin(m): 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Brace up guys, the cabals will fight with everything they've got
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Gangster1ms: 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Obakoolex:

You know nothing about business.

If they should sell at subsidized price will the capital meet up to get the new stock at the new price
Story, must you steal before you source for capital to venture in any business?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Judolisco(m): 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

Please go and check the NLC president. This one is different from the former one oooo. If government didn't revert, they will embark on strike and it's too early. I know PBT will listen. I support NLC on this. No to the removal until plans are on ground to cushion the effects of the removal . Government should fix our refineries
shey make we bet? NLC won't go on any strike... Same NLC that folded their arms during naira scarcity and fuel scarcity? U dey wine?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by kazyhm(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:

You don't don't even understand basic economics yet you know economics decision that is the best.

Let me asked you, NNPCL is the sole importer of Petroleum products into Nigeria;
1) who is paying subsidy to who ?
The NNPC has not remitted any dime to the TSA....
2) so are you saying even the payment Subsidy, NNPCL is running it operations at a loss ?
3) When is the subsidy paid; is it at point when NNPCL import or at when they load to markers or tankers....?
If it is at point of import, NNPCL declared the stock as we speak will sustain the country for the next 60days, why did the Mr president announcement of subsidy removal increase the official price of the stock ?
4) Why is NNPCL GMD telling us that local refinaries will not change the price of the product.....while in the same vein they were calculating landing cost for imported petroleum products ?

5) What are the names of the refinaries that refines our crude oil?
6) Which shipping companies ships the refined product back to Nigeria and at what cost ?
6) Why should Dangote refinary buys Nigeria crude in Dollars?
7) What is the volume of petroleum products Nigerian consumes daily ?
7b) Why is Lagos #488 and port Harcourt $511 ?They both have sea ports and deport.
Maiduguri is #557, sokoto #540, Yola #550. Please consult Nigeria map and explain what is the factor the results in the difference of #69 and #46 between Lagos and Maiduguri and port Harcourt and Maiduguri respectively.
9) Where is the subsidy from Diesel and kerosine ?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Menclothing: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
If u like go on strike

Nigeria don’t have money to pay subsidy

You oil cabal collecting free 6 trillion for free yearly money more than our budget
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Menclothing:
If u like go on strike

Nigeria don’t have money to pay subsidy

You oil cabal collecting free 6 trillion for free yearly money more than our budget

The NLC leadership is aware of the situation on ground but majority of their members are not informed. Strike is the equivalent of Aluta of University unionism to the Labour Unions. So, there must be Aluta.

Labour case is like the case of a mother and children fighting a jobless old man over his inability to provide a good life for them. They are not even grateful the man has managed to build a flat for them in the village. Except they want to kill the man, there is nothing he can do.

The leadership of the Labour Union understood the case of Nigeria where as at May 29 the Military and civil servants have not been paid. The leadership of the Labour Union can never support FG to be borrowing to pay salaries and pay for subsidies but how will they explain to majority of their members?

Nigeria is about to move forward finally. Nigeria can never pay subsidy on PMS again. It is gone forever. AGO and JetKero have no subsidy , it must be removed on PMS as well. There is no money to even pay it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ibrahim Garuba Wala Rescued 500 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram [Photos] / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church / FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.