Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted (48265 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / LASG Increased LASU Fees By 725% In 2011, Reverted Back To ₦25,000 In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ihateheadslamer: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
Go and drink water tongue
steeltrust:
as the typical fool you’re
You couldn’t even read the head line before commenting

They say strike and not protest
Sniffing drug baron supporter

Look beyond politics and tribe and think of Nigeria
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by wale8486: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
if dem born u well no go strike.

atleast 2weeks strike i cant wait but SUBSIDY is gone 4ever oooo

Benin republic and co can go and hug transformer we aint subsidizing again for any baga.

3 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by SalamRushdie: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
Harrynight:

Seems you're benefitting massively from this tinubu regime

I am not oo, we have been here before many times , NLC guys just want to make money , they will start the strike , people will suffer greatly and then they will suddenly end it after 1 week when they have been bribed and then they will agree to 400 naira a litre and then Tinubu govt will say it's still paying subsidy of 88 naira per litre ...I am tired

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by engrjacuzzi: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
If you must remove subsidy then you must increase minimum wage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Reincarnation10: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

Nlc is going on strike cause the subsidy ends July 31st and the new price at the filling stations has already been paid for by the fg.
So the extra funds mopped .who gets it🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴
Which funds was paid? Is he deaf that Nigeria is owing NNPC 2.7 trillion?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by ghiloman28(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
Nothing will revert. Subsidy must go
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
DeLaRue:
As long as NLC understands it is 'No work, No pay', they are free to strike.

The President said during campaigning that no matter the protest, subsidy must go.

I stand with the President.
No problem
Nlc will just sue the whole nnpcl for economic sabotage!
And end shutting it down through the courts!
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
What am I saying sefπŸ€·πŸ€·πŸš΄πŸ‡πŸ‡
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by olisaokere(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity

What are you really talking about?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by OfoIgbo: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
atiku07:
Yeye this govt won't reverse shi u either take it or leave subsidy is gone for good.

The earlier we know this the better. Also any strike now beyond 2 weeks should be accompanied with no work no pay it is as simple as that.

No one should blackmail the government into submission there is no money for subsidy case closed.

I hope the strike snowballs into a massive anti-Tinubu protest.

He rigged an election, and came to inflict suffering on Nigerians.

There are better ways of removing the fuel subsidy and Peter Obi clearly gave this roadmap, but the drug dealers only read the heading.

Let the strike begin. I will be there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Phyde: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Na only Adams Oshiomhole call for nation wide strike i dey take serious.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Britishpea: 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
If they are serious this will make them dispense the fund from subsidy to meaningful and impactful things that will quickly lessen the burden of th removal on an average Nigerian and also places th country on a rapid progress on other great sectors.

Not that subsidy will be removed and another set of criminals will begin to loot the money. When subsidy was included on oil the country people thought they were helping them without knowing that some thieves were waiting for sabotaging.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by baralatie(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Reincarnation10:
Which funds was paid? Is he deaf that Nigeria is owing NNPC 2.7 trillion?
Isnnpcl blind that the fg said it has budgeted subsidy till June 32st.
Abi when did nnpcl starts threatening fgπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by femmy2010(m): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
bye bye Messers Subsidy
You came, and you nearly conquered
You filled the pockets of the Cabal
N100 awoof took away N1,000 from us all
You almost took away a nation's future
Thank you, mandate leader.
Enough is enough, subsidy is GONE.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Pat081: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
I dey tell you my brother I will use that to rest for sometime
Beremx:
I hope they're serious this time around. Nigerians have missed going on strike 😁😁😁
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by BloomingDale(f): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
TheOldGods:
no, they have accepted that subsidy must go, they are only angry that subsidy ends by June 31, but nnpc increased the price already before that time to make alot of money. Which is that corruption we are talking about. Price never change, but you are selling old stock this is subsidised at none subsided rate. Do you understand now?

Did you hear that the government is owing NNPC 2.8 trillion naira?
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Geometrix(m): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
I think the NLC don't want to strike but want to force the government to initiate and implement some cushioning initiatives to ameliorate the hardship..
The challenge they are having is who to take responsibility from the side of government. It's still a new administration but there are things you don't leave to linger or else it's an admission that you accept the conditions and in this case, it is the workers welfare
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Nwaide01: 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this
strike will only worsen fuel scarcity
Because you are feeding from the crumbs that fell of the politicians tables does not mean that everybody else is that fortunate. Can you sincerely tell us in this forum what the government has done from removing subsidies on kerosene, diesel and aviation fuel? Can you also tell us what we are benefiting from government apart from these subsidies? Personally i see anybody supporting this subsidy removal as evil and sadist. Do you know what some people have gone through this few days. Moreover why will ordinary citizens suffer for government ineptitude?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by MatrixCircle: 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
Patrioticman007:

It's not about GEJ the clueless but Nigeria & Nigerians. Subsidy is a gonner but it's the method of it's removal that people are against.
Let Dangote & at least one refinery start distribution before you remove it.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Africa.
Yes we all agree that subsidy needs to be removed because of its negative impact to the economy.
But same Buhari , Tunde Bakere, and Tinubu were at the forefront of protest when Jonathan gave this same explanation to Nigerians. It was all about politics. They made it look bad to remove subsidy. The videos are still here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by SleekyPosh(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
YOUTUBE9ja:
do you know you can quit your full time job when start a CELEBRITY GOSSIP YouTube channel and start earning in dollars in less than 60days? it’s a no brainer. Let me teach you how. I charge 1k. Mention me if interested
Drp number
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Harrynight(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I am not oo, we have been here before many times , NLC guys just want to make money , they will start the strike , people will suffer greatly and then they will suddenly end it after 1 week when they have been bribed and then they will agree to 400 naira a litre and then Tinubu govt will say it's still paying subsidy of 88 naira per litre ...I am tired

If they remove the subsidy and we buy the fuel at 488 tinubu and Cohorts will still loots the subsidy funds removed,
It's better they loots some and pay some percentage while we buy fuel at least a little reduced price

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by OChimex: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Here we go again ..I am tired ...let them allow this 490 and let's move on , this strike will only worsen fuel scarcity

You think everybody can afford it like you do?
How can you pay someone 30k minimum wage a whole fu!..ck..ing month and expect them to buy fuel 490?
If you increase the fuel price by over 100 percent, then increase their salary same way so that they can afford that.
People striking are not business people, but people paid salary.
How do you expect them to survive?
Nigerian leaders are idiots.
In the US, fuel are sold by gallons (3.4 liters a gallon) Hovers around $2.9 to $4 depending on where you live. But the lowest minimum hourly wage in America is like $14.
So people can actually afford the fuel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by steeltrust: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Go and drink water tongue
you need it more cause your brain isn’t working since the cocain you sniffed is blocking your brain
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by wahahlawahala: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Rehkina:
I hope agbado mandate standers are buying fuel 50/ltr using their APC membership cards.
shut up chochochocho..... All d childish rant no dey tire una
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Nolevel666: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jostoman:
we cannot move on let them reverse it.

So that they can continue to smuggle petrol to other african countries abi?

If they are fighting for the price to go back and simultaneously giving the FG an ultimatum to get a refinery working then that good.

OR

they could also increase salaries of civil servants and general minimum wage, let the new petrol price continue, in order to curb the smuggling of subsidized petrol to other neighboring countries to sell at a higher price.
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ayomivic(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBglHXi8gI

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/02/breaking-nlc-to-embark-on-nationwide-strike-wednesday/

Very good ,I support that idea let them reverse it . Then allow negotiation between NLC

We wasn't to know how much they are using to subsidizing petrol , we want to know how much government would be able to save or generates if it removed subsidy,

We want to know what they would put in place to reduce the sufferness that the Nigerians would go through if it removed

We want to know how many months ,years it will take before we started see the benefit of subsidy removal

We want to know the benefits of Dangote refinery to this

We can't endure this sufferness again e are just recovering from Naira redesign policy. Every things in the market had already increased. If subsidy is removed ,marked commodities or goods will increase too and the salaries as not change. Many Nigerians are not salary earner how are they not going to suffer us

The government should not take us as animals e are human being we deserve to know how they want to go about this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Ihateheadslamer: 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
You mean tinubu the cocaine sniffing vagabond tongue
steeltrust:
you need it more cause your brain isn’t working since the cocain you sniffed is blocking your brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by malkomchris: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please NLC should allow these Agbado supporters to suffer small. They were standing on the mandate of cassava, let them it that cassava small

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Enice(m): 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Very good, the same way this people didn't trust Jonathan Govt to remove subsidy and use the money for development.Nigerians don't trust them now to remove subsidy and not loot the money.
Elvis has left the building. This time, strike no go work

1 Like

Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Minime10(f): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
Why Wednesday 😏😏
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by seborrhic: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

How do you know the unit cost of producing refined products will be #400.How are you sure it is not #150
Lets use the crude oil at the nternational market as a yardstick then make your textrapolations from there
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by steeltrust: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
You mean tinubu the cocaine sniffing vagabond tongue
keep living in fools paradise
Re: NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted by Corea4king(m): 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jorussia:
NLC should better forget about embarking on another fruitless strike.Subsidy removal is best for the economy at this material time.I use PMS for my daily bread everyday,but i had to adjust since on Monday.

How is it best?. Do u know what subsidy is ?
The subsidy fg is talking about,is it masses that cours it ?.
What happens to all the money fg has been borrowing? Can't they fix our local refinaries?
How can you be paying for subsidy when ur producing crud oil?
Do you know how much is cost to pay for to and fro of ships conveying the crude to Europe?
Do you know how much tax they are paying there?
Do you know how much money the fg has wasted on useless scheme eg school children feeding?, rather than channel it on local refinaries?
Only dangote build his refinary, What is stopping fg to maintain already build refinary in Nigeria!
We are complaining of exceess import of goods and the same govt close all the boaders to checkmate the importation,and is the same govt is exporting and importing crude ,that is only source of revenue for the govt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares New Photos After Being Blasted For His Outfit In Switzerland / Aisha Buhari And Daughter Cheered President Buhari After His UN Speech / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.