Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348957 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2008
@ oldie,

there is no need you using a line amplifier on your dstv dish setup, what you simply need to do is a little alignment of the dish position and make sure you have nothing less than 80% even 60% is still ok, since dstv has a very good coverage beam here in Nigeria.

@ heartsocle,

adding another lnb to your MYTV dish setup wont help matters it will only complicate it further, first of all the positions of the two birds are wide apart, 68.5E for mytv to 7E for eutelsat w3a, and also the elevation of the two positions are separate, mytv setup elevation faces downward, about 14-16 degree, while that of eutelsat w3a faces up to the heavens, its even higher than that of dstv and hitv, the elevation for eutelsat w3a is about 81-90 degree.

@ eutelsat w3a viewers,

i'm still waiting for all your responses, kindly help a brother out.

@ all-those-who-have-MYTV and Eutelsat w3a,

since you guys are well familiar with the packages of these birds, which one can you advise one to install first next to NSS7 as is in my case.

The dish picture is a 3.6m net-type dish that also belong to fellow Nairalander

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2008
@ all,
just got some infos in form of text message from a fellow Nairalander, and i want to say kudos to you OLA for that info, thanks so much, i've been having troubles with my connection here, but it seems its ok now.

Here are the texts as follows:

1, RDV on NSS7 showing man utd vs middlesborough match live, GO africa on W3A to show today the following matches Atalanta vs Inter, Parma vs Lazio, Parleme vs Juventus matches all coming to you live.

2, Attention to those on w3A i got a new station last nite the name is Tv minimah good picture but no audio, freq 10964V 3250 SR, On Board TV is on 11186V, 3290 SR.

viewers on that bird try that out.

3, If you love soccer and news plus a little entertainment go 4 w3a, if u want a little entertainment little sport and more religious stations go for PAS 7/10, if you want more music little sport little entertainment go 4 NSS7.

I think with these following texts some question that are to arise must have been answered including mine.

But the issue of the MBC1 & 3 to be going off air, there is a question i will like to ask, what exactly is the signal strength of those 2 particular stations, if the signal strength is more than 50%, then the going off is an uplink problem and not downlink problem, since this occur on a daily basis based on what i've been told.

@ OLA,

i hope you are ok with that now, i definitely got all your messages, thanks so much, you made me still feel like am still at my base in Lagos. Are you still going for the 1.8m dish, or are you ok with what you are watching all in ku-band for now, 68.5E,36E,22W & 7E?

If i can add 68.5E & 7E to my present NSS7 i dont think i need a c-band for now, but maybe later in future when am permanently in my own abode.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Steroid101(m): 11:25am On Apr 07, 2008
You guys should understand that you only need a line amplifier when you already have the signal and lose it through long cable distant. Instead of line amplifier, buy good cables
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Steroid101(m): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2008
Enitan, thanks for the info, but before that sunday did they show any on saturday? What of W3a did they show any throughout last week
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2008
Guys, My Strong 4652 can not open DSTV card, any patch?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2008
hello Guys, For those interested, i have a dstv smart card for sale N9.000 and negotiable too. for more info call 08023502657 or mail at dfadipe2003@hotmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
mecussey:

Guys, My Strong 4652 can not open DSTV card, any patch?

No luck with strong 4652 and dstv card.
Go for the 4653x.

@ all
My generator fried a dstv decoder as i was trying to install it.
I will need to replace the power pack.
Can anyone tell me where i can get this?
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ enitan
bros line amplifier i cant advice for satellites.in ur own case ur wire are ok,wot u need to do is to come outside and adjust ur dish to the maximum %,tv malawi can be get easily with 4650's cos u ll see the signal coming.plz pple should not put their hope in line amplifier when they ve poor signal.

@ all
it seems that 90% of us here re using 90cm ku band.i ll advice those in lagos that can get 1.8m dish at a cheap rate to go for c-band.there's so much to watch in c-band but in 90cm there's so much to manage.if u re having space problem and u can afford 1.8m dish just look for a longer pool so as the dish ll not occupy space on ground.

this re tip for those that can not afford jack and positioner for motorize.

intelsat 7c @ 68.5 and intel 906 @ 64.2 can go together using two c band lnb combined together,if use the new strong c and ku band lnb,u can also get ku band at the same position.

intel 906 @ 64.2 and intel 904 @ 62.0 can also go together.

ait and cnn can go together including nss7ku.

nta and ait or cnn can still go together.

but above all i think the best remain the 1st one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ enitan and badaru
any of u get idea whether the key for art prime sport and ajezeera sprt 1,2&3 in nileasat are still working.
badaru, do u watch star world and star movie on nilesat,i mean without ur internet stuff.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ bodejohn,

why not take it across to any dstv dealer/installer/technician around you, one never can tell.

@ pitodenz

i've gone hrough lyngsat for the available stations on those birds you mentioned, i just couldnt get satisfied, if am having 7E, 68.5E and 22W, i think am still ok, and anytime i'm going for c-band i will never settle for anything less than 2.4m to be on the safer side.

How body na?

that keys, try check crosat.org, if ou can get any info there, go to the upload section
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by heartsocle: 12:08am On Apr 08, 2008
hello everyone, it's possible for me to get EuroBird 1 (28.5°E) here in Lagos? with 90cm,
thanks you all
Cheer
Heartsoclean
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2008
@ butoneday
bros,plz how many channels are u able to get in atlanticbird 4 @ 7.2 degrees.and can one be able to get mbc in nilesat with 2.4m dish in this weather now.reply urgent.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2008
@ all
anyone who has come across citizen tv in intelsat 68.5e.i got it this morning with mediacom receiver plz post the freq and symbol rate.this for those using srt 4653x blind scan and post freq and symbol rate for others.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ pitosenz,

i suspect you are about installing 2.4m aimed at Nilesat for someone, i think the best thing for you to have done is to have given a call to badaru1.

@ heartsocle,

there're only 3 4 birds that can be received in lagos on 90cm, which is 68.5E, 36E, 7E and 22W only

and pls dont ask this question again, ok?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2008
i was just going through kingofsat here is the link http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-7E.php and i was so surprise that i couldnt get to see the free channels one can see on w3a here in nigeria which is available on lyngsat on this kingofsat.

It seems no new development for now on FTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by keneclem3: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2008
hey friends,

i reside in enugu close to unec campus. i like sports,music and movies while my dada likes cnn news. am at cross road on which pay tv do i suscribe to. pls dudes,help out cos i need ur candid advice.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2008
It depends on your budget and where you live. If you are well stuff with cash, go for DSTV, and get their dual view decoder whereby your dad can watch cnn while he doesnt disturb you while watching your own music, sports etc. If however you cant afford that, go for hitv or mytv and get a fta to complement lack of channels on any of the two. goodluck
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gabng(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2008
Hello Guyz,
I bought my 90cm sometime ago and the next day when i called an installer to install it he told me that the LNB holder i have is not the one for 90cm. On trying to return it to were i bought it for an exchange the next day i got to find out that the retailers shop got burnt the night before.

Please does anyone have a 90cm LNB holder. I wont mind buying it off you ,

Please help me out fast.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by keneclem3: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2008
Thanks Twin.explain to me how FTA works cos i cant afford DSTV dual decorder.
pls expain to a layman"s understanding or anybody in the house cos i need it badly.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by megastu(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2008
Twinstaiye,

Please give me your number. I am about to get a satellite, and i think i like your advise on getting HITV and other channels to support it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ megastu
mail me, then i can give yo my phone number

@keneclem3
visit the first post of this thread, you will understand what fta is all about. if you are not sure how to go about it, try and read some of the post on this thread, but if that is too much for you, call for the help of any dstv or hitv or mytv installer, they will enlighten you, and even help you install one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by senga: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi Guys
Does anyone know where I can get a list of approved DSTV satellite installers in Nigeria.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by EKENEA(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Senga
Go to DSTV Nigeria Web. or your e mail add I will sent it to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by EKENEA(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Senga
Go to DSTV Nigeria Web. or your e mail add I will send it to you
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by megastu(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2008
twinstaiye,

I do not have your e-mail address.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by keneclem3: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2008
GUYS PLS HELP.

pls i just bought strong decoder with spce dish. what do

i do to get premiership footballs, movie channels,cnn.

am yet to install it. help me pls. break it down to me cos am in enugu

so i can relate it with my installer. thank you. you guys re too good with

researchs. KENE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2008
@megastu
check my profile, my email add is there

@ keneclem3
For now, the only fta showing english premiership is nss 22 degree west ku band or 55.4 degree west on c-band. tell your installers. Please read the past pages on this thread you will get more information on your questions as we have answer your questions in the past. If you care to go through the past pages on this thread you will get the whole thing more clearer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
hi senga,go to www.dstvafrica.com/nigeria or www.hitv.com.ng/agents or mytvafrica.tv for a list of their agents or installers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by senga: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi Urfriend
Thanks for the info.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
keneclem3:

GUYS PLS HELP.

please i just bought strong decoder with spce dish. what do

i do to get premiership footballs, movie channels,cnn.

am yet to install it. help me please. break it down to me because am in enugu

so i can relate it with my installer. thank you. you guys re too good with

researchs. KENE.

Just as Twins said, read all the pages on this topic or you can send text to 07038118570 to meet one-on-one with a member in Enugu who can explain more to you. His location is Asata.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hi guys I have been off for sometime, u can not open any channel in nile for now. i ve just gotten some stock of ebox receivers, 4 those in lagos and some part of southern nigeria u can get Dstv c band on 68.5 degree east for free,also for those who can get nile all the stations are free,including aljazeera plus 1,2,and 3. call me on 08066061677,08053223272. The receiver is 50k but negotiable.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2008
My man you can not get any dstv for free, is urs showing for free? No decoder can unscramble that satellite, though nothing is impossible, but those gurus their will not allow that to happen. Mind you, Dsty is planning to change their decoders

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.