Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,179 members, 7,835,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348141 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
hi, eutelsat w3a is not that add to track.it just nice time and concentration on the tv set to get it.with those channels there u can watch serie a,epl,fa cup,champions league.also u can get all the update on the U.S. election live on msnbc.that channel is far beta than cnn,when it comes to politics.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
in need of strong latest software is because of dstv card marriage.i heard dstv is going to shut down cards tht re not married after they finished their marriage stuff.i later download form another receiver in other to access 6969 but the software is downgraded.i need 2008 strong receiver software that can still access 6969.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2008
in need of strong latest software is because of dstv card marriage.i heard dstv is going to shut down cards that re not married after they finished their marriage stuff.i later download form another receiver in other to access 6969 but the software is downgraded.i need 2008 strong receiver software that can still access 6969.

See post numbers 727 and 728 above.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2008
Hey guys, I just discovered that Trend Tv has added other channels to its list. These include, MGM movies; PFC (sports); NBA (europe); and BABY TV these are in addition to what they have before now. Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by kend0a2j: 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2008
I found this forum during my quest to expand the stations on my satelite. I reside in Edo state and use a Strong Brand of Decoder with a 90cm dish and on a monthly subcription with MYTV.

I am able to FTA stations and other subscribed stations on mytv,, i wish to know other stations available on this KU band satelite aside the regular religious stations and my subscribed stations, plus other readily available helpful tips and infos.

Please feel free to message me at kendoa2j@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2008
hi guys,trend tv just added pfc,nba tv,babytv,mgm,trace tv.and removed fmen,fashiontv and france24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2008
They were not removed, they are on purse, bandwidth is been checked, check out all free to air channels on www.ftaafrica..com/
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 25, 2008
Hey guys,

whats happening to this thread, aint there any new development?

@ boljamoguns,

how far with the tracking of that naugthy bird, eutelsat w3A? Kindly post the result of that.
Thouh am away but am always online anytime i fell like wanting to, thanks to latest mobile development. Pls direct any mails to odupitanenitan@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by darznets(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2008
Can anyone please help me out with the contact details of Trend TV here in Lagos. I learnt they are no more at the Etiebets's Place , ikeja. I need to get information about their offering.

Am waiting Plssssssssssssss
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2008
Good day, who ever is intrested in getting this receiver: LINKSAT LS900 should called mohammed on 08074557821,08066559181.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by darznets(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
Can anyone please help me out with the contact details of Trend TV here in Lagos. I learnt they are no more at the Etiebets's Place , ikeja. I need to get information about their offering.

Am waiting Plssssssssssssss
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by dre901(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2008
@badaru1
Please how much does this receiver cost and the great prophet's no is not coming through. What does this receiver actually do.
cheers,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2008
hi darznets, trend tv is some were in victoria island.off ademola adetokunbo.call 08033089121 or 08056153578.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2008
hi all,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2008
hi all,
i just found out fox soccer 55.5 degrees west and to my amazement what are we wasting money on hitv and dstv for.on easter sunday i was able to watch man u vs liverpool through rdv @ 22 degree on ku and chelsea vs arsenal on fox soccer jamaica,and fox soccer ve listed 4 premier ligue matches they re going to hook up on this weekend including some friendly matches which will be played today.sweden vs brazil.
tracking fox soccer is not as difficult as posted previously by some of us.all u need is to get a 2.4m net dish or 1.8m dish though i ve not tried 1.8m but i believe it work.i got it without di-electric n later with di-electric inserted.but which ever way use the best for u.i got higher signal strength when di-electric is inside but i think the video was breaking more.
due to our angle of elevation here in portharcourt our west seems to be down so most jack fall on reaching 55.5 degrees when u re motorized.just bear it in mind that it gonna be very down going west much more down than 68.5 in east.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
there was this argument about tv malawi in 22 degrees west though according to lyngsat it was beam to south africa but this morning as i was working i got the signal though it was very poor but it showed but the video was breaking so bad. its a good channel at least it speaks english.so no more argument if u track ur dish very well u can as well receive tv malawi in naija,yes it true.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2008
badaru1:

Good day, who ever is intrested in getting this receiver: LINKSAT LS900 should called the great prophet on 08074557821,08066559181.

badaru1
Could this receiver work in areas where there is weak or no signal? Also, if you can, please tell us briefly how to make the connections.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Pitodenz,

whether you get TV malawi that i cant tell the genuinety of your story, all i know is that i've scanned the entire NSS7 with the best strong decoder in the market now which is 4653X, and i've not come across that. so on my part and majority viewers of the bird we all dont have and not even come across the station.

One thing i also notice is that the signal strength of channels on 4652 and 4653X differs to a greater extent. Assuming signal strength of a channel on 4652 is 50%, try change the decoder to 4653X without adjusting the dish position, your signal strength will jump to almost 75%. 4652 is very good for tracking but 4653X gives a higher signal strength when the bird has been located.

@ OLA,

so sorry i couldnt reply the text you sent to my phone i dont have a dime on the damned phone, am sure you will come across this, my stv signal is about 60% now, thogu am not around, alll what you need is just a little adjustment.

Thanks .

@ badaru,

how life for ya end?

@ boljamoguns.

life is good here with me, i will still keep in touch using this channel, till i come back to lagos by july.

All satellite lovers, keep on enjoying yourselves, anyone who have gotten or tracked that naugthy bird eutelsat and ready to do that for a fellow nairalander should please post his desire to do that on this forum , so that those that are intrested can get back to him
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tosinot1(m): 9:06am On Mar 27, 2008
DSTV PVR decoder is for sale if interested call 08033893269
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2008
@ enitan
there re pple u dont doubt.i can never give out info i dont trust in this forum.i used 4640 at first, the signal ll just flash green and go off the same happened with 4650 but i was able to scan out the channel tv malawi live,though the video was breaking so bad but i got tv malawi and anybody can also get it.i cant confirm right now whether the signal is still there cos am not on nss7ku i scaned it out in one of my friend receiver.believe me if u can get signal quality of say 88-93% in this freq 10986v/30000 using 4650 strong receiver i believe u can get it.those of us using 1.8m dish can also give it a try.
bros what about the c-band stuff?any progress?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by heartsocle: 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2008
Good day to you all as u are reading a word from me now, please i need a help pls, am using a europstar Decoder,buy it from Simber company here in Lagos, am on Satellite PAS 7/10 Ku with 90cm Dish, how can i add channel to it, does it possible for me to change to Satellite Eutelsat w3 7e, or Nilesat:101 @ 7 deg west.
i need help for dis
May God bless you all
Amen,
Heart
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by heartsocle: 12:47am On Mar 28, 2008
pls Enitan good day , pls can i hear from you ples
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 28, 2008
@ pitodenz,

with what you just said you convinced me. My signal strength for that frequency you posted is about 90-91% but you nevr mentioned in your earlier post that you did the tracking with a 1.8m dish. With 1.8m dish that is stilll very possible, but with 90cm dish forget that, thats never possible, cos i did tried that also at home.

But concerning the issue of the c-band 1.8m i called you for then, am not in lagos for now so i cant really set that up, maybe when am back to the state by july i will be able to do that. but apart from the fox soccer sports at 55W, what other intresting stations are there?

@ heartsocle,

you cant add channels to the present setup you have at home, i can see you are new on this thread, just try and go through this FTA thread from the begining to the last post, you will learn a lot, most of the proffessionals here got the experience form this forum, so just try and do and i promise you that you will never regret that action.

@ boljamoguns,
i was told by the guy i sent across to you that he has tracked the damned bird, eutelsat w3A, i hope you are really enjoying that, i dont know if am alowed to post the picture of your dish setup here on this forum cos i snapped that the last time i was over there. Am i allowed?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 28, 2008
@ heartsocle,

if you are still online feel free to chat with me either through enitany20022005 for yahoo, and odupitanenitan for google, and also pray that there's no power failure here.

i will be expecting your IM

i just the power i was telling you of. Next time, you aint lucky this time
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by heartsocle: 1:09am On Mar 28, 2008
thanks very much Enitan,yeah am just new to dis site u are right, But how i wish i could get more way out of dis from you, how to add Channel to my Satellite PAS7,10 KU, i will be very happy if u can help me out with dis.
Thanks
You
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2008
@heartsocle

First, go into the menu of your receiver and do a 'scan' of the Intelsat/Pas 10 satellite. Then please come back and list the channels you can currently receive.

Also, note: your 90cm dish is not big enough to get Nilesat in most of Nigeria; and, to get Eutelsat 7e you will have to move the dish which means you will lose Intelsat/Pas 10; to get the two you will need a second dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ Enigma,

quite a long time brother, whats popping at your eend over there?

@ heartsocle,

for you to get nilesat and with over a 100 channels, you've got to installed nothing less than 2.4m dish either pan or fibre dish but not net type. Or better still if you feel that size will be too big for you, i have some another option which is getting 2 more 90cm dish to face the satellites NSS7 and eutelsat w3A, and with these additions you can boast of more than 30 channels, which am sure u will really enjoy e.g etv on pas7.10 gives you series, sports and movies, RDV on NSS7 gives you premier league matches and serie A, RTS on w3A gives you premier league and champions league, MSNBC on w3A gives you news, France 24 on pas 7/10 gives you news, what else do you need? MUSIC? you can get that through playing them either on your DVD or CD player
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nale(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2008
Hi guys in the house, i'm happy to join this forum.
can any one tell me where i can get 2.4m dish pan or fiber and the price, i'm in portharcourt.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by heartsocle: 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2008
thanks to Enitan and Enigma for the lovely responces u have sent to me about my new satellite istallation, yeah i need a help again , pls how can i get back my e.tv on pas7.10 again, becos it was over-right with another channel, wat so bad about it that the channel that was over-right was not even talking at all ,but it show, wat can i do to get it back my etv on pas7.10.
Thanks you all
Heartsole,
still online
heartsoclean@yahoo.com,my ID
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ heartsocle,

since you are using europstar decoder, to be sincere with you i dont think i've worked on that try and get any strong decoder either 4652 or 4653X, a code is entered once you are on the coded etv channel and the code is 6969, i dont know if any code work on etv can be found on europstar decoder.

Strong decoders is still regarded as the best for FTA here in Nigeria for now
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ nale,

i guessed you were the one that called me in the aftenoon, all what you just need for the purchase of the accessories and installation cost shouldnt be more than N35,000, you can still get it less than that.

Have you called pitodenz?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 7:29am On Mar 29, 2008
heartsocle:

thanks to Enitan and Enigma for the lovely responces u have sent to me about my new satellite istallation, yeah i need a help again , please how can i get back my e.tv on pas7.10 again, because it was over-right with another channel, what so bad about it that the channel that was over-right was not even talking at all ,but it show, what can i do to get it back my etv on pas7.10.
Thanks you all
Heartsole,
still online
heartsoclean@yahoo.com,my ID

hi heartsocle 

I used that receiver n the past but had to return it to the guy i bought it from at alaba mkt because it would not work well with MYTV card. it always require me to re-insert the card at intervals of 5 mins. it is however a good receiver for fta. to get your e.tv back, do a factory reset for the receiver and set it up again as in reset the receiver to factory settings. if you go through it's manual very well then you can add satellites and frequencies too. it works great but for the prob it had with MYTV card which they said they would rectify. are u in lagos? then u may want to see me for operational tutrial on the receiver i.e is if u are lazy in reading the operational manual. try and go through this forum from page 1 to the end u will become an expert too.

@enitan

can u send the same guy to me cause i need that bird W3A. the more i tried the more i get convinced I can not receive it. I have 90cm DSTV dish or should I call it 100cm? because it is bigger that the regular dstv dish all around. it is the first sset they sold in those days PM me on vickoy23@yahoo.com or text me on 08038587259

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.