Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,456 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347629 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Komputa(m): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2006
twinstaiye:

hi gbade.x, the fact that you browse with your handset is the reason why you don't know all these fta channels. This is because you would have browse them on the net and see them all, because they are so many of them.
However, if you installed Nilesat satellites, you will have about over 100 free channels, most of them are arab channels but some of them are in english like MBC 2, 3 and 4, which is movie channels, then there is Nile TV, BBC, DWTV, CCTV9, Aljazeera sports chanell 1 & 2, etc.
If you installed Panamsat 7/10, there are also free channels there like christian channels about 3 - 5 of them, Islamic channel, etv (coded) (but you can open it with 6969, 6969 code from your remove if you are using strong decoder) MYTV introductory channel and etc
What other information do you need?

Twins, you info have been very useful,however, do you know the code to watch e.tv or other channels like bbc,fox sport using skysat decoder on myTV for free? and what other satellites can i lock apart from those christian channels sat, Then do u knw the frequency for intelsat 605?

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gbadex1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2006
@twinstaiye:

thanks mayne. Really appreciated it. I got a question. This FTA of a thing, isn't it similar to those VCRs that are then turned into decoders (i hope you know them)? Because the channels u started can be gotten on those ones too. Channels like mbc 1, 2, 3, channel O, discovery, eurosport, cartoon network, nickleodeon e.t.c show on that one.

PS: on these FTAs, can one get channels like Mtv or Mtv Base, Action X? What kinda music channel will one be receiving?

Just asking 'cos my cousins once had f.t.a and were getting mostly arabic channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gbadex1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2006
@twinstaiye:

thanks mayne. Really appreciated it. I got a question. This FTA of a thing, isn't it similar to those VCRs that are then turned into decoders (i hope you know them)? Because the channels u started  can be gotten on those ones too. Channels like mbc 1, 2, 3, channel O, discovery, eurosport, cartoon network, nickleodeon e.t.c show on that one.

PS: on these FTAs, can one get channels like Mtv or Mtv Base, Action X? What kinda music channel will one be  receiving?

Just asking 'cos my cousins once had f.t.a and were getting mostly arabic channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:52am On Nov 13, 2006
Komputa

There doesn't seem to be anything useful on Intelsat 605; see link below

http://www.lyngsat.com/i605.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by chuchwhite: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2006
Can i subscribe for dstv stations using strong decoder that does not use card. Secondly what position of the dish can i get the best stations using the strong decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 10:27am On Nov 15, 2006
gbade.x, those decoders are different from the ones we use in getting FTA. Those channels you are talking about are all DSTV channels, they are not free at all.

@chuchwhite, No you cannot STrong decoder that has no card slot to get DSTV channels, I dont think that is possible. Getting a position to face your dish depend on the type of satellite you want to watch and the type of channels you desire.

@Komputa, the only decoder I know off that can open etv is Strong decoder for now, if I know of any other ones, I would let you know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by delarontus(f): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2006
Please who can do the job for a fee? I will definitely not go through these troubles to watch tv!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shepaldo: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2006
I am in Zimbabwe and currently watching ETV,SABC 1,2,3 and a lot of Christian channels.

Please may you assist me on how i can watch other good entertainment channels from around the world.

Regards,

She,

I AM USING A FORTEC STAR ULTRA LIFE TIME DECODER, 1.30m DISH RADIUS. LOCATION HARARE. I AM WATCHING CNBC AFRICA ETV SABC 123 and EMANUEL TV & VIEW AFRICA NETWORK CHANNELS.

MYTV,TRACE TV, AIT and other satellite tv channels are scrambled ,

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WATCH THESE CHANNELS ?

Email me on shepherdzw@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Grizzly(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2006
@Shepaldo,
u didnt say if u had a motorized dish or not, ?  undecided

@ghade-x
I think u will find the answers to all ur worries here, trust me
www.lyngsat.com
www.satcodx.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jimi90: 11:52am On Jan 19, 2007
++++==
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2007
@damhadji
There is no codes, you are talking about hacking the coded channels, and there seems to be anyone around who has such codes.

@Jimi90
Anyone can installed Nilesat for you in Lagos, especially from place where you buy the dish and its accessories. Ask them for the installers they will direct you to one, or alternatively, ask the for DSTV installers, they can equally do the installations.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by chatykrew(m): 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2007
:ohi guys can i get the following channels on STRONG decoder? Channels like channel O, discovery, eurosport, cartoon network, nickleodeon e.t.c. pls if yes pls i dis like to know how to go about doing it. moreover which satelitee can one get on STRONG decoder aprt from NILESAT & ARABSAT. thanks cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mufikings(m): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2007
Hello can some one give me a least of what to get,how to get it and cost.

I want to get these Free to Air stuff.

I agree with Gbade.x, wink

What are the major Tv stations you will get when this stuff is installed?cos all through u guys just been talking about configurations and all that.

Can some just break it all down precisely on how to get hooked??like

1.what dish to buy ?How much?and were to buy a good one?

2.What dicoder to buy,how much,and were to buy?

3.what other materials are required,how much were to buy?

4.How to install and configure??

5.What TV Channels am i going to get

Now can some one kindly help with these info's I will be glad to get started,Bless u all!!

email :mufikings@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 10:35am On Mar 02, 2007
@mufikings
Refer to the first post in this thread by Bigjoe, it answered all your questions.

@ chatykrew
I have said it before that channels like hannel O, discovery, eurosport, cartoon network, nickleodeon e.t.c. belongs to DSTV, and you cant get them on Free to Air. Besides, as long as you can point your dish to any satellite, which is free, you can pick any channel you want. Also please refer to the first post on this thread by Bigjoe, you will understand this FTA more.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by engine4u: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2007
Hello Guy's,
Have really enjoy all what u have been saying about FTA. But the most fnny part is that since have been using it i never tought of all this Channels u are talking about. Well i'll like any one 2 tell me how to get all this station or channels on Strong Decoder,SABC 1,2,3 and mbc.
Thanks.
Richie.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tonmax(f): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2007
How about Hivion FTA /DVB decoder,
Any idea what stations it will pick

Thanks anyone cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by wakabout(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2007
delarontus:

Please who can do the job for a fee? I will definitely not go through these troubles to watch tv!

@twinstaiye: Can you or anyone you know do this job from start to finish for a reasonable fee? I'm not a technical person and these processes sound cumbersome. I shall expect your response. Many thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2007
@wakabout
Find out where they are selling satellite accessories in the town you are staying, once you know the place, they will show you who to do all the job for you.

@tonmax
Any decoder can certainly pick channels, unlocking certain scrambled channels is the only difference of some these decoders.

@engine4u
you can get MBC on Nilesat while SABC 1,2,3 is not beamed to nigeria, where it is beamed, it is scrambled.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tonmax(f): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2007
@twinstaiye
Thanks for the response. I got a motorized dish. It's being installed now. Will definitely update you later.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by earthrealm(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2007
welllllll,
this is the most interesting trad i have come across apart from the inverter and the rontobronko virus stuff,
kudos guys.
but i gat a problem,,,,,,,,,am in ph now.i relocated 4rm lagos.n i am missing my lag channels like stv/muri/channels, gat a sunwin free to air with the normal ctl type antenna, i get stv in the mornings but in the afternoon, ctl channel blocks it.
cud anybody know which decoder i gotta get 2 be able to get the above listed channels ,
emmmmmmmm, free to air type oh!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by iretunde(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2007
Now I think some mumu have to wake up and stop paying DStv on this stuff, I think some of the things we guys are talking about here is all totally for free as Bigjoe would have it say. And this is it to Bigjoe and Twinstaiye, I think you guys are very intelligent and more so I believe that our people have been fooled a lot, but what I have to say is this. DStv is actually for free or don't you think, since everything they have is installed on the card and it's the same card that will do the installation process or what ever. Now if only people can sit down for themselves and discovere what they are missing I think is alot. I personally knows for sure that all things the white men brought to this country is to make money for themselves of which so many of the are programmers and software developers and they are rushing to our good damn country to make cash for themselves. I personally browse at home with free internet subscription right here in nigeria and more so using Dstv for free. So you just think about it. If only our people can just sit down and discover so many things and they will know that they all for free. DStv is free even in South Africa, just visit www.lyngsat.com and you'll know that what I'm saying is true, I believe one thing that in as much as you can get the frequency, the symbol rate, the polarization and the satellite name, I think it will definitely show you the station. Thanks call me for further explanation 01-8906836, 08035324914 Iretunde is my name.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by earthrealm(m): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2007
good thread, but can i get stv ie silverbird tv with any strong decoder apart from dstv?, am not in lagos, so i cant get the free version
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by dela(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2007
hi @biggjoe.
how can i contact u.i need one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2007
iretunde:

I personally browse at home with free internet subscription right here in nigeria and more so using Dstv for free. So you just think about it. If only our people can just sit down and discover so many things and they will know that they all for free. D
Are you sure you watch DSTV for free?, that is unprecedented, a lot of Nigerians had tried to watch DSTV for free, but it is impossible. I dare say, that is not possible. Can you mail me, because your phone number are not going, we need to talk.

@dela
Approach those selling satellite equipment in Lagos, tell them what you want, you will do the purchasing there, and they will get an installer for you. Goodluck.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Hehimself: 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2007
can someone pls give me the details of his or her own fta system at home. the receiver, size of dish, satellite pointed to, and other necessary stuffs including the nos of stations received,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by basharu(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2007
My name is bassi iam presently in Abuja can i be able too use FTA in Abuja and use same in maiduguri
thanks waiting to hear from you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yinks112: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2007
Can anyone give me some info about receiving Sky channels in Nija. I have a sky digibox with a decoder card. I understand i can receive the stations in Nija with the right size dish. Sky is transmitted via the Astra satellites. What type of dish, size would i need for this. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Seguna2: 9:09pm On May 03, 2007
There are many scrambled channels on nilesat. Does anyone have some hints on how to unscramble them. Anyone who does that will be my hero forever cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 11:40am On May 10, 2007
Segun-a

Give details of your receiver --- the brand etc, then we can take it further.

In summary, if your receiver can be patched, the first thing is to 'patch' it by loading appropriate software. In some cases you can manually input appropriate keys into your receiver which may be able to open up some of the channels. That is what is currently happening with eTV (68.5e in Nagravision) which can be viewed on many receivers without paying a kobo in subscription.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Seguna2: 2:30pm On May 11, 2007
Enigma,
Thanks for your response
The decoder I use is Strong SRT4653 satellite receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2007
I've had a look again at what's on Nilesat. Unfortunately the main encoded packages on Nilesat (Showtime with Premiership football next season; Al Jazeera Sports and one other) use an encoding system known as Irdeto which is the same code used by DSTV in Nigeria. Irdeto 2 has not been widely broken (though it is claimed that it is broken on a card called Gamma). Because the Irdeto 2 system has not been widely broken, most receivers cannot open Irdeto encoded packages without actually buying the appropriate card as with DSTV - except maybe for card sharing with a Dream box or similarly empowered receiver.

Sorry, you want to watch you pay! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by iretunde(m): 9:02pm On May 28, 2007
Hello everybody, I think this has to be for those that uses C band satellite system, You my think that its expensive but it is not, I have a lot to say on this but is if only someone can give me a call on +23418906836. Do you know that it's free and more so cheap that everybody can afford. But I think DSTV has to be very sad by now if I'm breaking the news to the public. But first you must call and lets talk about this DSTV is now DFTV (Digital Free Television). So give me a call and lets share the experience. If you really live in Nigeria and you need it. CALL ME NOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.