Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348582 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ajiareg(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Mecussey and everybody, Please guys what are the stations on the w3a may be i can ask my installer to help me elevate it. Though i use small dish and i dont even know the size, but its small. Can i get the stations on w3a wit my dish? And wat are the channels there?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2008
@Ajiareg,

The first thing you need to know is the size of your dish and let us know , if its 90cm u are good to go , anything less is an insult on the mighty W3a grin grin grin. Get the size and if u are good to go , tell us what bird its on at the moment , Might be easy instruct you on how tyo do it from a reference point since u dont have a COMPASS cool cool. Anyway get those info and i/we will be here to help ,

@Enitan2002

Man why are u saying W3a is the best for us with 90cm dish for now?, Dont tell me you speak French oooo, Its cool If na joke stop am oooo. But i think if you are into FTA , in Nigeria and u haven't track W3a , you are not there, when u do , u are the MAN grin Man Etv is the boom, you ever tried watching cheaters, shows on Tuesday 8.00pm-9.00pm. And Fear Factor, thats on Sunday evening , not sure of the time , but around 4pm before 7pm.

Welcome to pas 7/10 grin grin grin

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2008
please does anyone here know a good installer in abuja,my installer is so unavailable,if you call him to adjust one channel,befor you know it 15channels are off,i dont get bbc and some other channels again since he came to adjust my Etv.please help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
twinstaiye,

sorry i havent sent it to you, haven't had network access for a while now. i'll send a copy to your box, and past an attachment for anyone who wants to check it out and make corrections. i'll also check out your faqs now.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 2:49am On Jul 07, 2008
@all

I know one day with the way u wonderful guys are pushing in this forum, the world fta providers would see a reason why they should include africa in their beam. This Sirius bird has a very good beam on Africa especially 9ja. Did u guys notice that with a 60cm dish, you have a good reception in 9ja. Let us wait patiently for them.

Watch ou for d faq been compiled by the forum gurus. i think that is great. God bless u all: tox9ja, twinstaiye, eniitan, all of u that makes this forum worth d visit. 4give me for not mentioning ur name the list is just endless.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2008
Guess, CNN will be open for all CTL subscibers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ enitan
man u know surely that i needed that browsing stuff,plz help.

@ tox24
in ibadan i think u can receive all the channels in all the satellites i listed.

@ all
N.B, the satellites i listed can be received with 1.8m dish in all part of nigeria apart from some freq which might prove stubborn in some part in the south like portharcourt (intel 902)
also know that ur ability to receive most of this freq depend on ur installer i believe all c band installer ve to understand the nature of their area and the lnb suitable for their area.
again most jack fall b4 40 degree west when u re coming from east so the possibility of getting 53 degree depend on the type of jack.

I LL BE INSTALLING 1.8M IN MY HOUSE THIS WEEK AND I LL POST EVERY BIT OF THE INSTALLATION I LL ALSO POST THE PIC.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 8:58am On Jul 08, 2008
@pitodenz

Man , i go send hurricane come meet your dish ooo, why u call me "tox24" angry angry angry . The name is justx24. I forgive you this time , Thanks for your information about the 1.8 dish( net). Think thats my next stop. And the issue of multi LNB on the dish, what do u think , and i saw an LNB that is tagged dual LNB. Is it any good? And whats the least number of LNB you think will work well with 1.8m dish. I think i can guess just 2 , i.e 1 C-band , 1 Ku-band. Or maybe the dual will be good. Give more info about the motor , too.
Thanks Bro.

Price of 1.8m dish in Ibadan is dish (net) = 10k, Bracket = 3k, Motor= 3k, LNB= ?? not sure which on is the best for me yet , pls advice

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2008
Hello everybody,

These materials will give you more knowledge on FREE TO AIR

PAST ISSUES OF TELE-SATELLITE MAGAZINES.

hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0809-eng.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0807-eng.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0805-eng.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0803-eng.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0801-eng.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0711-eng.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0709-eng.pdf

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO FREE TO AIR

1. Setting Up a Motorized Antenna
hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0601/eng/beginner.pdf

2. Basic setup of satellite antennas - Part 1
hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0603/eng/beginner.pdf

3. Basic setup of satellite antennas - Part 2

hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0605/eng/beginner.pdf

4. Basic manual for satellite receivers
hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0609/eng/beginner.pdf

5. What is an LNB – and what is it for?

hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0611/eng/beginner.pdf

6. Exactly adjust your satellite dish by yourself!

hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0701/eng/beginner.pdf

7. Monoblock Reception Problems
hxxp://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0703/eng/beginner.pdf

NB:[/b]You will need to change the[b] hxxp to http before you can download the files cause i don't want to put an active link on the site and get banned. grin

ENJOY
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2008
@babaegun
this is a good one, it will assist the newbie and expert alike very well. I need to make this available in FAQs file.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2008
@baba Egun,
thanks a million 4 the links. the magazine write ups are very interesting.
@All,
any good english stations yet on the bird W3A?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2008
All those in Ghana can contact me on matter relating to satellites.

Thanks

salamandercat@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2008
16 channels on Trend TV everything scrambled
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2008
That isnt a good news mecussey shocked sad angry so what are the additional 7 channels? We know it used to be 9
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2008
I discovered this afternoon that Trend Tv has been scrammbled. So shocking shocked They promised making it 15 stations but it was not done as at this morning. I really enjoyed foxnews while it lasted. Thanx to all the bros that made the forum thick. I guess its time to try another bird. Or wait for DAARSAT to start test transmission. They promised starting with 4o stations. Thanx everyone.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Mustay(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2008
Maybe they should have done it one by one - instead they went for the big one and made the big crash grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2008
MGM, TRACE, FOX SPORTS, BABY, ONZEO, BBC, These are trendtv make up , think they have tried, ONZEO showes french league live
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2008
@pitodenz
i have 2.6m fibre dish in lagos. do you think i can get badrC. are u getting it in PH. if yes what frequency.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
@mecussey
Did u see those trendtv additional stations before they were scarambled. If yes, when was that cos kept searching 4 them till yesterday evening without success. Even after it was scramble still no success. Can u confirm this stations have been added.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
cool Saw this Dish/LNB (SELFSAT-D21D) (Rectangular Shaped technology) by SELFSAT. This is only presently availble in Europe. Any of you guys in Europe using this? This is neat and a space saver. If anyone is using it can you give us a feedback and how good or bad it is?   grin

Here is the link.  http://self-sat.com/sub01_extremely_small.php
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nikekenny(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2008
i just bought a new dstv (everythign is brand new) can anyone explain to me how to install it>?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 9:31am On Jul 11, 2008
BENALWAYS, the addtional channels were added scrambled, but I decrypted with my decoder; good channels I must say
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2008
@nikekenny

You ought to know this forum is about FTA and not DSTV. FTA means Free To Air so we don't give tech support for DSTV, MYTV, HITV and all those pay stuff. The mention of them would only be in reference and not detailed. So the members of this forum would appreciate it if you don't digress or distract the primary focus of the forum. If you need Tech support for none FTA, please contact your service provider. There are forum members number in the treads above so u might contact them personally for this and not on this forum.

@all

Did I speak your mind? Please let us discourage this before our dear forum becomes Pay TV forum and drag us away from FTA we have come to enjoy discussing about with the goal of improving sef. Abi no be so?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nikekenny(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2008
AM sorry pal! maybe am in a wrong thread

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Mustay(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2008
vickoy23:

@nikekenny
@all

Did I speak your mind? Please let us discourage this before our dear forum becomes Pay TV forum and drag us away from FTA we have come to enjoy discussing about with the goal of improving sef. Abi no be so?

Nikekenny DSTV emphasises that For installation, we recommend that you use a MultiChoice accredited installer to install your DStv PVR decoder and satellite Dish

Anyways you could visit these sites for more help:

dstv installation

installing a dstv dish
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nikekenny(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2008
Thanks mustay for not criticizing me like the other guy,
i appreciate this
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2008
@nikekenny

The other guy, as u called him/her is not criticizing you , just letting you know what we are all here for. We all talk FTA. What he said is what we all would have said , So please no offense, keep cool

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nikekenny(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2008
got it brother thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2008
@All,
Nolly is back again. I think it won't last long. Their main aim is to advertise contact numbers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2008
MBC Group announced the launch of ‘mbc Persia’ its newest Free-To-Air Satellite TV channel subtitled in Farsi. The new movie channel starts broadcasting on the 9th of July 2008.

To view ‘ mbc Persia’ tune in to:

Nilesat and/or Arabsat

Frequency: 12341Mhz

Polarization: Vertical

Symbol rate: 27500
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2008
Dear FTA Lovers,

Here are snapshots of my 1.8m dish setup for NSS 7, NILESAT and EUTELSAT W3A.

My installer assisted me in tracking the NILESAT bird. With the assistance of TwinsTaye, I was able to "catch"  the NSS 7 and EUTELSAT W3A birds on my own.  The most challenging part of it was running 3 coaxial cables from each LNBs to the decoder  in my parlour. I solved this by installing the 4x1 DiSEqC switch under the dish itself and therefore ran just one single coaxial cable  into the the decoder in the house. I thereafter used a nylon to protect the DiSEqC connection from the hazardous weather (VERY IMPORTANT).  I hope my pictures will assist you 'would be' installers.

I have been greening from ear to ear on this achievement! grin

Cheers.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2008
How I configured the Decoder and DiSEqC Switch. 

DiSEqC
The 4X1 DiSEqC switch has the following markings on it.  LNB1, LNB2, LNB3, LNB4 & Receiver.  I connected coaxial cable from  the NILESAT LNB to LNB1, The Eutelsat W3A to LNB2 &  NSS 7 to LNB3 while LNB4 is empty (waiting for new birds, if any wink).  The Receiver point has a coaxial cable which connects to the LNB Input point at the back of the Decoder.

Decoder (STRONG SRT4650)

To configure the DiSEqC switch on the decoder, Press MENU ---> DISH SETTINGS (input password-0000) --> NILESAT (LNB1 See diagram )
You only need to change the DiSEqC Switch to 1.0 or 1.0/1.1 and Committed to 1 (According to how the LNBs are connected on the DiSEqC switch)
Take a closer look at the 3 diagrams especially the change in positions (on the extreme right)

To configure the DiSEqC switch on the decoder, Press MENU ---> DISH SETTINGS (input password-0000) --> EUTELSAT W3A(LNB2 -See diagram)
You only need to change the DiSEqC Switch to 1.0 or 1.0/1.1 and Committed [/b]to 2
To configure the DiSEqC switch on the decoder, Press [b]MENU
---> DISH SETTINGS (input password-0000) --> NSS 7 (LNB3 See diagram)
You only need to change the DiSEqC [/b]Switch to 1.0 or 1.0/1.1 and [b]Committed to 3

You will be forced to save changes. Click Yes.

You should be up and running.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.