Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348527 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2008
@F marshal,
Lets do something like that, I tried talking to Seun on Yahoo Messenger but he did not respond (i don't blame the poor guy, who knows how many people that contact him).

I am reporting your post to moderator now, though I have no idea what that really means.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2008
F Marshal,
Please I have changed my mind.
I have not used that link (report to moderator) before. I now followed it and realised it is for reporting offensive posts.

dont report me either, dont think its a good idea.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4sta(m): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
Guys im from Malawi and i have just purchased a new fortec fta decoder which is called mercury and im desperateky in need of free to air channels and their transponders especially those of sports and movies plus news looking forward
Regards,
Foster
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2008
biggjoe:

F Marshal,
Please I have changed my mind.
I have not used that link (report to moderator) before. I now followed it and realised it is for reporting offensive posts.

don't report me either, don't think its a good idea.
I understand your concern. I was trying to use the "Report to Moderator" feature as an attention grabber for the moderators and Administrator, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it, I would somehow try reaching him via email or other means.  Seun's email is  [color=#770077][/color]. Meanwhile, others should try and contact moderators of this site and also email Seun regarding giving us our own FTA forum within Naijarules.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by africode: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2008
@biggjoe & justx24

A critical analysis of my frequencies suggest that am receiving Eutelsat w4 under Hotbird menu. Av a nice day.

@Enigma

U are very right!!!! Hotbird beam excludes subsahara Africa.

@all

This forum is a bomb!!!!!!!!! The 6969 code magically opened my e-tv. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2008
@4sta

Have you got a dish and, if so, is it currently pointed at any satellite?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
@4sta
if u have a dish, remember 2 tell us the size.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 7:44am On Jun 20, 2008
@4sta

As you can see we all here to help u , so please give all relevant information, is your system set up , i mean if your dish is up and decoder connected etc , or all just fresh from the box( if it is we sure can help you here , you see am joining the guru's in the house to put you through , ). Really don't know much about that decoder of yours , but i think we can work it out, neither did I , when i got my STRONG cheesy. No shaking give more info on what you've got , dish size will be ok for now ,

When the Gurus talk i can chip in some more info, if need be ,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2008
4sta

depending on the equipments u have, I believe you will receive more channels than us here in Nigeria because many satellites with TV channels have their footprints down there in the southern africa.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fiscob2k(m): 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2008
can any one help me out I bought a LNBF of C-Band and I don't know any freq to install. can anyone get me some freq and the satellite name?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2008
@fiscob2k,
what else did u have?

Have u got a dish and what size.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sammu(m): 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2008
@biggjoe
welcome back. iappreciate you for starting this forum. It has made it possible for many of us to own a sattilite system.

@bigjoe
@enigma
please do you anything about fishing with satellite system as posted by dvbguy? please shed more light.

@dvbguy
mind if you shed more light on fishing as you posted?

@all
keep the flag flying. i think getting a 1.8 motorised dish with c & ku lnb attached wont be a bad idea. what do you say ooooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2008
@enigma
please do you anything about fishing with satellite system as posted by dvbguy? please shed more light

Nah, I don't get involved in that side of things. If you do, just be careful you don't cop viruses and other malware!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by dvbguy: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2008
@all

Fishing,

all u need to grab data off a satellite is a dish, a dvb card and the necessary software.

now the kind of 'loot' u get depends on how you customize the fishing software ( i like the term fishing as opposed to grabbing, the latter sounds a bit brute grin). so u can very well avoid virus', mal-ware and what have u.

u can set up the software to pick up only movies, software etc,  or a combination of these.

now, since this is an offline activity (leeching to be precise) u have no say in what u get. so if at a certain point the one downloading aborts the activity well u're automatically affected --this can be annoying at times when it is RAR, ZIP or EXE files since they become unusable.

how fast can downloads be?

that varies, sometimes it takes me over eight hours for a 1.37gb movie file to complete and other times max. of three hours for the same size of film or program etc to complete.

the speed really depends on the one downloading, if they have a very fast connection then automatically also have.

Equipment

a decent P3 or P4 with a lot of harddisk space will do since you will easily fill up ur harddisk in no time (i have had to restrict the sort of files i grab since i am left with just a few gb left on my disk)

the kind of dvb card is really a matter of choice but it is not easy really setting some of them up (i took me a lot of time to really get mine to work)

Fishing rod ( grin)

there are about three programs - Manna, Skynet and skygrabber.

i have tried the three but i like Skynet better.

this Fishing thing will need a whole new thread but that is just a jist of what i do with my satellite dish - i don't use it for tv can't remember the last time i tuned into a tv channel lipsrsealed)

so well if u have a dvb card and u're interested in specfics - let me know and i will guide through the setup. if u don't have a dvb card and u're still interested drop me a mail and maybe we can work something out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adekitan(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2008
started from last week unad has started sale of predegree form for 2008/2009 session at rate of #5000 only[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2008
hi all,
can anyone tell me on which satelite band (C or Ku) i can track MB2, MBC4 and MBC action on
kindly tell me he name of the satelite and it's frequency settings?
thanks grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2008
dvbguy,
Can I get this dvb card to but in naija? . I have gone through some info on the net and found out that this satellite fishing looks interesting. Guys, please check out this sites:
www.freetoairdvb.com and
www.egyptsat.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2008
@dvbguy

pls could you supply your phone no and e mail address. i will like to contact you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2008
linksman:

hi all,
can anyone tell me on which satelite band (C or Ku) i can track MB2, MBC4 and MBC action on
kindly tell me he name of the satelite and it's frequency settings?
thanks grin

MBC1,2,3,4 & Action are all on Nilesat 102@7.0 deg west (11938 V 27500). If you had read this thread from the begining you would have answered your question. Alternatively, check www.lyngsat.com or do a search using Google.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by dvbguy: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2008
@BUTONEDAY
@gofitech

hi guys, i have sent u mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ajibey(m): 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2008
Hi All
I'm so glad i came across this thread on nairaland; its very interesting the things i've read so far concerning FTA stations but unfortunately i use DSTV and the new DSD 1110 decoder for that matter and so i can't enjoy some of the free stuffs you guys enjoy
I read in one of the post that it is possible to watch FTA stations on DSTV decoders, Please is this true? And if it is not possible which decoder can i get for me to watch the DSTV stations and still enjoy FTA using my DSTV smartcard
I also read it is possible to watch premeirship matches live FOC (free of charge) from one of the satellite! is it still possible. somebody should please revert back to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2008
dvbguy

what u describe seems interesting tho it aint 'free to air satellite tv' as this thread is called. how about u start a thread with that name somewhere on nairaland so those of us interested can follow it up and maybe take it to a new level?

thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2008
@BUTONEDAY,
thanks man for the info. it's much appreciated.
i still need to know on which band the frequency u gave me is on C or Ku.
i presently have a Ku band universal LNB. will this do the job
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ all
so far so good nothing new yet. i got a tip that mbc uae might upgrade to c band in badr c @ 26 degrees and if that happen i believe most of us in south may smile.
nothing much is coming up in ku band 90cm for long time now but if u ve c band u can scan intelsat 10-02 freq 4180H/21050,u can see some new egptian channels who knows wot they re up to.

for those asking me of channels receivable in southern nigeria i think its all over the post in this forum notin good in ku band but the best ku band sat is w3a for now cos trend tv is not fta.in fact am getting tired of ku band in south which make me think c-band is better option though NO english base foreign movie channels like fox movie and mbc's in nilesat.but how we go do!

for those interested in c band installation i ll try and find out time to explain the channels receivable in south and how to go about the installation cos c band installation is not something u can just do expecially if it involve motorizing it.i ll post a pic of 1.8m dish starting from the assembly to the mouting this weekend.

if u cant manage wot we ve in c band then u can go for nilesat but b4 then make sure u bought one plot of land for the space another option is u can go and pay to ctl and other cable tv providers that sells nilesat.

@ butoneday,bros how u dey? as for the 4.5m pan dish bros,where u get space? for that size of dish,remember ur building covers the west side of ur house and nilesat is in west, part of ur 3m is covered by the same building at the other side.

for those of u in PORTHARCOURT AND RIVER STATE, abeg we no dey do magic here we cannot give u wot ctl and cmtv is giving with 90cm dish u better settle with 68.5 degree east or any other free ku band since u dont wanna pay.we re trying wot we can to fish out channels in sat but we re not providers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ajibey(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2008
Hi All
I'm so glad i came across this thread on nairaland; its very interesting the things i've read so far concerning FTA stations but unfortunately i use DSTV and the new DSD 1110 decoder for that matter and so i can't enjoy some of the free stuffs you guys enjoy
I read in one of the post that it is possible to watch FTA stations on DSTV decoders,  Please is this true? And if it is not possible which decoder can i get for me to watch the DSTV stations and still enjoy FTA using my DSTV smartcard
I also read it is possible to watch premeirship matches live FOC (free of charge) from one of the satellite! is it still possible. somebody should please revert back to me

Someone please attend to this??
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2008
Ajibey, I had tried in the past to try and use DSTV decoders to watch fta, and I tell you that it is only possible if you subscribed to their channels, For instance, I used to watch the TrendTV free channels with their decoder, but the moment my subscriptions expired, it is not possible again. However, I think the Strong decoder 4553X could be use to watch DSTV as well as free to air stations. I am sure about this because, I use same at home. The only minus there is that, you cant receive some of the interactive channels of dstv on the decoder, but you can as well receive all the substitled channels with the strong decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Pitodenz
I am presently not in town but no wahala. I have a space for 4.5m dish. however, I am thinking of 5.0m or 5.5m dish. It will be used for Eurobird and Astra satellite position @ 28.5 deg east. Eurobird is better than Hotbird. There are so many free stations there.Remember I got Hotbird with 2.6M dish in warri, but signal is very weak.
I will be in Port Harcourt next weekend.

@linksman
Nilesat is ku. Your ku lnb will work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ajibey(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2008
@twinstaiye

Thanks for the info but how true is it that HiTV decoder s just like a strong decoder that can pick FTA stations?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2008
My own hitv decoder is strong decoder 4653x, and like the new hitv decoder, am sure they look the same.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by dvbguy: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2008
@all

I have started  a thread on "Fishing" or "offline downloading" here is the link:www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145229.0.html

the discussion can continue there. thx.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obijack: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2008
@dvbguy

I have just posted this on the fishing thread

this dvb card u wrote about
are they available here in Niaja and if so how much

secondly, does one need a satelite dish for this fishing thing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gitano: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ all
ALL THE GURUS IN D HOUSE: please i like to know if Astra 2d is receivable in Nigeria and if it is, what is the size of the dish needed to track it down.

@ WARRI & BENIN RESIDENCE:
you can now BROWSE THE INTERNET FREE 24/7. this is as real as anything you could think of. The speed is at 450kpbs. A company in warri has been connecting people for just N10,500 and u dont need any external anterna or all those heavy equipment. The beauty of this stuff is that it is fully mobile and you can travel with it anywhere in Nigeria and it will work.
Call the guys on 08065307667 OR 0703180025. The company's name is PLATINUM TECHNOLOGIES: nnpc housing estate small gate, edjeba road, warri.

@WARRI RESIDENCE:
i get all my satellite equipments cheap at the same Platinum and they have vast knowledge that can assist us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.