Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347487 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2008
@justx24
Thanx for ur insight. My W4 was gotten at 50degress elevatn. Am going to try the info u gave for locating pas 7,10ku. But just to let you knw i got NSS7ku on 60 degrees elevation on the west.
@All
Can anyone confirm if trend is still for free?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by helsing: 11:27am On Jul 22, 2008
Hi everyone, I would like to know if Nilesat 102 can be received here in Nigeria and West Africa in General. I'm really much interested in watching MBC 2 and MBC Action of which I don't know if I can receive it here. I equally like to know if Nollywood and other channels on that frequency have been encrypted. Thanks for all ya support.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 11:32am On Jul 22, 2008
Nilesat is receivable in Nigeria. It however depends on your location in Nigeria which will actually determine the type of dish you will need. For avoidance of doubt, Nilesat is easy to receive in the northern nigeria with as low as 1.8M dish than in the south. Please take time to read through the forum or better still check the FAQs on the TV/Movies Section.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2008
helsing:

Hi everyone, I would like to know if Nilesat 102 can be received here in Nigeria and West Africa in General. I'm really much interested in watching MBC 2 and MBC Action of which I don't know if I can receive it here. I equally like to know if Nollywood and other channels on that frequency have been encrypted. Thanks for all ya support.

@all
for all those seeking and want to know about nollywood and her sisters on trend at w4, they are encrypted. shocked
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
@benalways

Good information bro , now your pas 7/10 will be 0n 16 degree elevation. and a little to the left about 2 inches max.
And for the W3a your elevation will be 80 degree and then your dish move about right far right about 50degrees(from W4 position). you can use you protractor from your junior schooldays mathimatical set. grin grin The idea is draw it on a cardboard 2 point thats 50degree apart then place cardboard under dish positioning the first left point under the dish facing W4.Then you will have the idea where the W3 should be, Let me know if you need pictures of this tutorial.
Good luck.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2008
@justx24
Thanx alot for the info will try this over the weekend and will give u feed back.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2008
does anyone has info on what happen to trend tv, and what should be done to view the channel on their thread.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ Ejike3

For [size=16pt]Dis post[/size], I sabi u from some wia? NRs perhaps?  grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2008
Twinstaiye,
Trend tv is off, I cant view sinnce yesterday. What could I do and any help or info.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2008
@justx24.

"Let me know if you need pictures of this tutorial." Yes, I need it sir.

I have been working seriously on EUTELSAT 3A with 0.9m dish but i do find it difficult to track its signal, particularly,MTA International.

I will surely find ur pixs very useful. Sir/Ma, you can pls add any technical info that can be of advantage.

Pls, send a copy of your reply to my e-mail: gecom08@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2008
ftalover:

Twinstaiye,
Trend tv is off, I can't view sinnce yesterday. What could I do and any help or info.
Thanks
@all
it appears that some people don't read through the entire thread to follow what has been discussed when they are offline.
@ftalover
my dear brother, trendtv is now scrambled, it started monday. as of now, if you want to watch trendtv, then you must subscribe by getting their smartcard at a cost of 6000 naira. so don't waste anytime trying to get them fta, lets try looking else where for some interesting channels on some of the birds mentioned here by the gurus smiley

wish you the best.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
@Mr. Gem
Ok man i hear your cry , out for help , am here to give back what i learn from Nairaland, so we make our communication public here technically , no shaking. OK what have you being able to track on your 90cm dish , ? you need to pass me the information on what elevation you have on your dish when its on W4.(trend tv location). And we work from there. My pictures are somewhere, check it out , maybe you search for my posts ( advance search option). Anyway we can go over it , Give me this information , If you don't respond by tomorrow i will generally talk about it anyway, The basic idea is you add 30degrees to your existing W4 position elevation. ( someone check it out and correct me )Although it can be a few degree +VE or -VE . less than 2degree both ways .Hope you guys feel me ? And for the Azimuth, it s abit tricky about 50degrees to the right of W4. How do you know that or i mean get that, hmmmm maybe you get your mathematical set and your protractor( u know that degree angle thing). Mark a cone of 50degree separation on a cardboard. And use it for an idea of where it could be or should grin. But man if you get the elevation just move it far right toward the south( by now you should be able to name your North, South,East and West. When you guess you are facing south now. Then it time to turn back and try alter the elevation abit , [b]half a cm [/b]at a time . Keep trying and see what you have in 10 munite of scanning. The surprise i got when i was scanning my W3 was the distance from W4 in the azimuth , anyway , check it out and let me know ,
Let all who have W4 and W3 on verify this information. maybe some corrections for the HOMES.

@
All on 7/10 hope you guys watch CHEATERS last night oo, cool programme.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2008
I have smart cards with one year subscription for ART abd SHOW SPORT for sale, SHOW SPORT: 50K,ART:35k. If interested contact me on 08053223272,08066061677
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2008
sorry all for been out for so long.

@ enitan
bro get urself a 1.8m dish n save urself all this wahala. stop waiting till u see channels like mbc's and fox movies before u upgrade to c-band,believe me in c band at least u have something to watch. intel 906 and 902 re good.

WHAT IS IT THAT TREND TV IS UP TO.NOLLYWOOD SCRAMBLED;AND MAYBE THEY RE WAITING FOR PPLE TO RUSH FOR SUBCRIBTION.
GUYS, U SEE IN NAIJA NOW PPLE VE STARTED GETTING KNOWLEDGE OF SATELLITE TV'S AND I THINK THE BEST SOMEONE LIKE TREND SHOULD VE DONE WAS TO GO FOR FTA.REASON IS,because OUR PPLE VE USED CTL ON VIDEO MACHINE TO WATCH FOREIGN PROGRAM FOR FREE FOR YEARS AND THEY STILL GO AROUND 2DAY LOOKING FOR FTA TV EVERYWHERE TO THE EXTEND OF MANAGING 68.5 DEGREES WHICH IS FULL CHRISTIAN CHANNELS, SHOULD VE TELL THEM THAT FTA HAS COME TO STAY IN NAIJA.
I THINK WHAT TREND SHOULD VE DONE WAS TO SHARE TRANSPONDANT (T.P) WITH ONE OF THIS FTA TV'S AND BROCAST ONLY NOLLYWOOD FROM THERE INSTEAD OF SPENDING DOLLARS AND PONDS TRYING TO PAY USELESS STATIONS THEY THINK THEY VE THERE.
TREND SHOULD VE MAKE A LOT OF MONEY FROM ADVERT ON NOLLYWOOD IF THEY WHERE REASONABLE ENOUGH TO LEAVE IT FREE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ all
these re the pic of my 1.8m dish though am not through with my installation n i intended to use 3 lnbf 1 ku and 2 c band.
plz this pic was taking during my tracking period,i use ku band to set the alignment east to west b4 i put a jack though i ve c band now in the system but i ll post the pic rather to show how the three lnbf re combined locally.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2008
@pitodenz

Nice point you are making on trend TV nollywood. they could have made money with that , am sure not many people will be rushing to buy theri card with those old films they show, at least not me , 'cos i dig "SPIDER MAN".

About your 1.8m dish i really will like to know how to do the alignment , have read about it , but maybe , you can help me understand it better , And please don't forget , what is the advantage of the pan dish you use over the net one. In Ibadan here the net 1.8m dish is 10k, Bracket is 3k, motor is 3k. making 16k. for the LNB i cant remember. And whats the use of having 2 cband LNB on one dish pls , 'i understand 1 C-band and 1 KU-band on same dish. And maybe cool pictures too will help .

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shiruharun: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2008
i need patch and loader for hitv receiver .this is my mail shiruharuna@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by aminoritse(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hi guys in this forum, sorry thread. Hope I'll not be penalised for referring to it as forum. Very interesting and educating thread I confess. please I have this problem; does any naira lander use Echostar DSB-900 FTA? Mine has since stopped to get signal from the LNB direct unless if I loop through from other receiver. Also I notice that When I loop from other receiver like "strong SRT 4651x" I get only the clear picture but noise as volume. Can the gurus in the house tell me whats wrong with my DSB 900 FTA and perhaps what I may have done wrong or not done to get the expected service sad. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2008
@benalways
Think this will help you more this weekend when you will be tracking 7/10. So keep me posted , compare the picture to your current w4 setup , then you know which dish is which, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. little work for you there, if u done your homework , no problem , Its shows both 90cm dish with one on W4 and the other on pass7/10. Have a nice day.

justx24

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2008
And here the side view , both wont attach on same post , despite less than 200kb, so i play this trick all for you grin grin

justx24

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2008
JUSTX and PITD, you may think Nigerians are fed up, only if you realise how much money that is in this contry. Even if you transmit shit, people will subscribe talking of Nollywood, and don't think it is only Nigeria; Check out the whole west Africa. It is not up to one week since it was scrambled, but if you see how people rush to ask what happened " I like this, I like that", check the cost, the cheapest transponder in EUTELSATw4. She has started making money. That is not all, there is an idea to putting every thing in one equipment; Internet, phone calls, etc. In such a style, as soon as you get Trend TV decoder, you have access to internet, internet calls and TV, how do you see that?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by darkside1: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2008
hello everyone, i have gone through some of your posts and i must confess you guys are doing great. pls i need a patch for strong decode to unlock some channels. this is my email davidon2005@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nilesat: 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ALL

WOW!!! Great forum. NEVER knew this forum ever existed

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL NILESAT LOVERS IN SOUTH OF NIGERIA

I was just introduced to this forum by gitano a member of this forum. He is one of our customers. I am Kelvin by name nd am the manager in charge of Platinum Entertainment Services in warri delta state. from research, we have seen that in the south, u can get NILESAT with 2.6 - 2.8 metre dish(depending on you location). and boy, the demend has being encouraging.

We contruct the dishes locally and can also carry out the installation if you so wish. Additional channels like AIT , NTA could also be added on demand.

for those of you who would like to have this dish constructed for them, please contact me on 08065307667 and lets get working. OR call Joke on 08030480307

In the South our address is :
Platinum Entertainment Services
NNPC Housing Estate
Small Gate Shopping Plaza,
Edjeba Way, Ekpan
Warri-Delata State.

We also have in stock various satellite equipments and can be delivered to you were ever u are.
All our products comes with waranty. and off course, our prices are tempting.

We will be glad to really serve u!

God Bless U all
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2008
@pitodenz
please i want to know if your dish is the locally constructed type?

@nilesat
can you show a pic of some your locally constructed dish. but you have advertise on the forum too mcuh oooo! here we learn free what ever we know frow the gurus so if you be guru let the house know what you know that we don't know grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2008
you are right sathob,

i think all these adverts takes away the open source spirit which nairaland, especially this FTA thread represents.

but anyway sha,  im not asking nileasat to construct dishes free for people. that wont be open source anymore. it will be closed source for his business. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2008
@Nilesat

Good information bro , but as you can see, we all give free information here, but sure u cant give us your dish , for free oo grin grin grin , no problem , here we need you to show us pictures of dish you have made and maybe some thats are already put into use. Definitely you will know about using multiple LNB on the dish show us a demo actually under use. Thats the best you can do , and definitely you need to make your price public too , we don't have to call individually to ask for just that. We only want to call you to order.
Think you can handle that, at least its not secret that you are a business man.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2008
justx24:

@Nilesat

Good information bro , but as you can see, we all give free information here, but sure u can't give us your dish , for free oo grin grin grin , no problem , here we need you to show us pictures of dish you have made and maybe some thats are already put into use. Definitely you will know about using multiple LNB on the dish show us a demo actually under use. Thats the best you can do , and definitely you need to make your price public too , we don't have to call individually to ask for just that. We only want to call you to order.
Think you can handle that, at least its not secret that you are a business man.

justx24
To add to justx24's statement. Nilesat, it is good to let FTA enthusiasts know you're in business of selling Satellite equipment, but we expect you to do what Justx24 has indicated.  List the prices of equipment, services and installation etc. Make your prices public and not on a call by call basis. You should also be willing to transfer "public Technical knowledge" of FTA to your customers and forum users without asking for remuneration (fees). Better still if you have a website give us the link so that we can browse through your products.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mandy4s: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2008
hi guys,
posted yesterday
i need help on how to fabricate a six meter dish with both c and ku band lnbs
i stay in the south
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2008
justx24:

@pitodenz

Nice point you are making on trend TV nollywood. they could have made money with that , am sure not many people will be rushing to buy theri card with those old films they show, at least not me , 'because i dig "SPIDER MAN".

About your 1.8m dish i really will like to know how to do the alignment , have read about it , but maybe , you can help me understand it better , And please don't forget , what is the advantage of the pan dish you use over the net one. In Ibadan here the net 1.8m dish is 10k, Bracket is 3k, motor is 3k. making 16k. for the LNB i can't remember. And whats the use of having 2 cband LNB on one dish please , 'i understand 1 C-band and 1 KU-band on same dish. And maybe cool pictures too will help .

justx24
i dont think there's in any way i can explain the alignment of motorized u may understand but it means aligning signal in the east and west at a particular positon of the dish in diferrent directions.
if u want 1.8m dish go for pan dish net dish always leak signals though they re rich in eye.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2008
sathob:

@pitodenz
please i want to know if your dish is the locally constructed type?

@nilesat
can you show a pic of some your locally constructed dish. but you have advertise on the forum too mcuh oooo! here we learn free what ever we know frow the gurus so if you be guru let the house know what you know that we don't know grin

my dish is not locally constructed dish is supermarx dish u can see at anywhere in nigeria market.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2008
mecussey:

JUSTX and PITD, you may think Nigerians are fed up, only if you realise how much money that is in this contry. Even if you transmit shit, people will subscribe talking of Nollywood, and don't think it is only Nigeria; Check out the whole west Africa. It is not up to one week since it was scrambled, but if you see how people rush to ask what happened " I like this, I like that", check the cost, the cheapest transponder in EUTELSATw4. She has started making money. That is not all, there is an idea to putting every thing in one equipment; Internet, phone calls, etc. In such a style, as soon as you get Trend TV decoder, you have access to internet, internet calls and TV, how do you see that?

think of many pple who needed fta in nigeria,think of the popularity which trend nollywood should ve make.remember that the owner of trendtv is the same ctl company so if nollywood was left free pple we still pay through their terrestrial transmission.mbc 1,2,3, & action re all free since the day they where created just check out how many advert they show in a movie and how many big company that sponsor a movie.even if pple rush for subcription in this earlier stage will this money be enough to pay fox,waner bros and so many big tv's he borrowed and remember trend still air their adver free for them while fox is free in america both north and south,think about this bros is time for us to embrace and encourage fta in naija.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2008
nilesat:

@ALL

WOW!!! Great forum. NEVER knew this forum ever existed

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL NILESAT LOVERS IN SOUTH OF NIGERIA

I was just introduced to this forum by gitano a member of this forum. He is one of our customers. I am Kelvin by name nd am the manager in charge of Platinum Entertainment Services in warri delta state. from research, we have seen that in the south, u can get NILESAT with 2.6 - 2.8 metre dish(depending on you location). and boy, the demend has being encouraging.

bros if anyone want to enjoy nilesat in south i think he should be thinking of at least 3.5m dish. nilesat might work with even 2.4m dish in warri but can u be able to get the horizontal signal always.and 2.8m dish cannot work nilesat here in ph,look is not matter of getting mbc and showtime;but nilesat is when u get at least what those in the north gets with 1.8m dish 24hrs without breaking in fine wheather.
We contruct the dishes locally and can also carry out the installation if you so wish. Additional channels like AIT , NTA could also be added on demand.

for those of you who would like to have this dish constructed for them, please contact me on 08065307667 and lets get working. OR call Joke on 08030480307

In the South our address is :
Platinum Entertainment Services
NNPC Housing Estate
Small Gate Shopping Plaza,
Edjeba Way, Ekpan
Warri-Delata State.

We also have in stock various satellite equipments and can be delivered to you were ever u are.
All our products comes with waranty. and off course, our prices are tempting.

We will be glad to really serve u!

God Bless You all

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.