Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347931 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ nilesat

i dont know why my msg didnt appear but nilesat can only work in south with at least3.0-3.5m dish still horizontal signal ll be difficult sometimes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2008
@nilesat
The price you are quoting for this your locally constructed dish is on the high side,please be reasonable.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2008
Good news,nilesat keys are back,they are now free
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2008
Could I be help, my dish is facing the Trend tv satellite, but its been scrambled but I want any other FTA, pls wat could I do. I have another dish on MyTv satellite, picking Xtian channels.

Enitan, Biggjoe or anyone in the house should help me. I am using a 90cm dish with a strong decoder.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
Baduru could you help with my question.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2008
You either go Nss 7 ku 21.5 degree west or eutelsat w 3 7 degree east
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2008
Badaru1, That means that the 90cm dish pointed on eutelsat 37 degree E would work and what are the station to pick. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2008
go to:www.lyngsat.com for more detail
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2008
CAN ANYONE PLS HELP WITH THE TP FREQUENCY AND SYMBOL RATE FOR STRONG DECODER, I BEG O

I DONT SEEM TO SABI HOW TO GET IT FROM THE WEBSITE,

JUST PASTE AM FOR US PLEASE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by imothepxp: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2008
les gars, qui pourait m'aider à avoir les fréquences des chaines en clair en bande c comme ku.Ps:je réside à lomé au Togo.

who can help me to have all the frequencies at ku & c bands? PS: am living in lomé-Togo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2008
@imhotep

Bienvenue, ici on parle l'Anglais; moi Je parle le Francais just en petit peu.

Pour votre question, il faut aller www.dishpointer.com et mettre votre endroit; aussi il faut aller www.lyngsat.com et www.flysat.com. Edited: il ya aussi un forum francais a: http://www.rdi-board.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Apres ci, je parle et ecrit seulement en Anglais.

Rough summary: welcome; go to the websites for information; on dishpointer, type your location.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Shanumark

You have to learn some basics; go through the very good FAQ prepared by twinstaiye and others to get idea of basics. Short summary; you have to identify what satellite(s) your dish is pointing at; then you can use information on lyngsat or flysat (links in above post) to identify which channels can be received and what details (transponder/symbol rate/polarity) to enter in your receiver.

@ftalover

If you go to pages 21 and 27 of this thread you will get an idea of what stations can be received in Nigeria from Eutelsat W3 at 7 east (note correct satellite details).
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2008
shanumark:

CAN ANYONE PLS HELP WITH THE TP FREQUENCY AND SYMBOL RATE FOR STRONG DECODER, I BEG O

I DONT SEEM TO SABI HOW TO GET IT FROM THE WEBSITE,

JUST PASTE AM FOR US PLEASE.

again theres nothing like TP frequency or Symbol rate for Strong decoder. Either of these remain the same irrespective of decoder - thats a topic in FTA 101. which everyone has asked you to check out.

You will be happy with yourself if you just take out time and go through all the posts on this forum. That time you wont be asking for for frequency or SR, you will end up being the one to give people.

If the problem is limited internet airtime, why not use the print button on the page and that will give you all the posts on this thread in one page then u can save it and read offline in any computer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2008
@ enigma

Please can you help me source for this receiver, Dream box DM500C series. I will be glad if you will tell me the price and how you i will send the money. Here are my contact details: badaru1@yahoo.com,08053223272,08066061677
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hi guys,
so good to be here again after 7 lovely days, it seems that will be my routine now for the mean time, cos i'm a little bit fixed up during the week so i only have saturdays for myself. I can really see a lot has been done during those few days i mentioned above, and as usual here is my today's contribution to you guys.

For those newbies in the FTA world, this message is for you.
The first thing you must learn to understand is this, dont EVER compare the satisfaction you will get from PAYtv like DSTV and HITV to what you will get from FTA. For you to enjoy FTA, you must lower yourself to a level of someone who has never watched a television programme before, with this mindset you are on track.
Then after this, develop intrest in the programmes of those stations, with time you will get hooked up with them. And one funny thing about FTA stations is that people dont pay them respect all because they are free, if discovery is airing a similar documentary with Tourism & Travel channel on pas 7/10, though they are the same, but people will still prefer to pay for that of discovery.
I do tell people, i've not seen a f****g channel that is worth me paying for.
There're so many stations on FTA that people just look with a little or no attention at all, but when you sit down and watch them you will simply be amazed by what you will find.
During the EURO Nation chanmpionships when people were not able to watch any live matches on our local stations, some FTA stations came in handy like telecongo on NSS7 c-band, TV Malagasy on W3A, and these are stations on a normal day people will never tune to but one thing is that no matter how useless a thing is you will never can tell when it will be useful thats how FTA stations are.

To be on the safer side for those sport loving fans, get yourself installed W3A and NSS7, and if u can still afford one more go for intelsat 7/10, then i can assure you with about 90% of all round entertainment.

People do ask me if there're dedicated channels on FTA, yes they are, for example PRESS Tv is a news channels on 7/10 and its 24/7, but most people will like to compare it CNN and others like BBC, whats about the News you will get to hear on CNN that you wont hear on PRESSTV, is it IRAQ, US, N. Korea just name it.
Some also ask for music/movies dedicated channels, whats so special about music/movies, music/movies that you can get on DVDs everywhere, and will you spend 24 hours watching them. there is only one thing you will get in FTA, which is simply entertainment. Entertainment can come in form of documentaries/human angle related stories being aired on MSNBC, movies on etv, sports on RDV,RTS1,MBC3,TV Malagasy,Go Africa, music also on Go Africa,LC2, Documentaries on TRavel and Tourism channels, MBC3, etv, NEWS on MSNBC, SABC, PRESSTV.

Just f***G tell me what else do you really want, Nigerians can never really be satisfied un till they see all DSTV contents free on their television set, even if still do they will still ask for more,

@ all gurus,

CAN WE REALLY SAY WE ARE ALL BUNCH OF INGRATE IN THE FTA WORLD?

How many of our local stations can u all view on your 90cm dish but still yet you view stations from across various countries who ask you not to pay a dime, at least with this let all still show apppreciation and be contented with what we can watch presently and if later on more stations are added which am very sure of then we all be smiling but before then let all be contented with what we can see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2008
@enitan

Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you say; it is free TV after all and what we get is what we get, that's the nature of FTA. It is a fun hobby (and that is what it is primarily for me), good business for our friends who install or sell equipment; and quite useful for those who can't or simply refuse to subscribe to pay TV.

@badaru

Ordinarily, I am happy to help buy the Dreambox; there are two little snags --- first, I'm still not sure when I'll definitely be in Naija next; second, there are many many clone DB 500 out there and I will be concerned lest one I buy turns out to be a clone (what I can do is make some checks during the week to see if there is an official dealer nearby ---- but then that will be more expensive than one that can be bought on ebay)!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2008
@badaru

I just noticed that you referred to the DB 500 C; I believe that is a the DB with cable tuner; for satellite, what you want is the DB 500 S.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 8:30am On Jul 28, 2008
TELE-SATELLITE MAGAZINE

Find below the link to the current issue of Tele-Satellite Magazine. It is a Must Read for all FTA Lovers.

hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0809-eng.pdf
(NB: please change hxxp to http)

download and enjoy.

For a link to past issues and other useful materials, go to Past Issues

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fasone(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2008
I have to say thank you a million times to all contributors in this thread. i can say that i have read 30% of the content of this thread, and with these "tools" handy, i was able to install for a friend just yesterday, a 1.35m dish and a 90cm dish. the 1.35m dish has nilesat and nss 7 signals while the 90cm has 7/10 signal. we could not receive all of the nilesat signals because the 1.35m is still small for Kano, northern Nigeria where we reside. he bought the materials himself before inviting me over for the installation, i told him that he should have gone for the 1.8m at least. sorry i wasn't there with a camera, so no picture of the setup. it was a worth while venture and i am very happy about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ENIGMA

WHAT I NEED IS DB500S NOT 500C. THANKS
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mygee33(m): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2008
Hi guys,
Is it possible to disect two dishes with trend TV decoder?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ all
can we all take a look at this; http://www.lyngsat.com/arab2b.html and http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/arab2b_high.html. if info that lyngsat gave here is true that means with 1.8m dish in south it ll be possible to get this channels.

@ all that were calling me plz u pple should bear with me in case if i tell u to call me later,plz i accept night calls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ dvbguy
how and where can one get dvb card i need it urgent.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by johny1: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2008
hi guys,
PayTV is okay but i really feel "why pay for what you can get free"
That is why up north in Naija there is little business for all these satellite companies like DSTV,HITV and others because of the Nilesat channels you can get virtually the same service or even more than what most of these paytv companies offer.
Only problem here in lagos is weak reception so you will have to use at least a 2.4M dish.i was using a ground mount metal dish i bought from alaba for 24k for almost a year but because of space constraint i bought a pole mount 2.5M locally fabricated fibre dish for the same amount.I just finished installing it and I guess the fibre dish has a little better reception than the foreign dish of same size but you will definately go through more stress and i mean much more stress before you can lock the accurate focus.I notice people here in the forum people recomend the 3M but not all of us have the space to accomodate such size though it may give you better signal. I think members should try the 2.4- 2.6M aand if you have any difficulty you can mail me umar4real@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2008
can any one tell me how to use and where to download patches for strong decoders
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
BABA EGUN

thanks for your contribution concerning the Gorb stuff i tried to download the codes for nigeria into it but i wasn't able to get through. can u pls show or mail me the step by step procedures to download the countries on Gorb track.

pls
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2008
good news for all,
i happen to get aljazeera sprt 1 and all other aljazeera channels in arabsat 2b 2day here in ph with 2.4m mesh net dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ all

Hello friends,
I am happy to see the great work going on here.
I had to take a little break to explore the offline downloading stuff.

@ pitodenz
I doubt if you will be able to get the dvb card here in Nigeria.
I had to link a friend who got mine from cairo, Egypt for like 12k.

enitan2002:

CAN WE REALLY SAY WE ARE ALL BUNCH OF INGRATE IN THE FTA WORLD?

How many of our local stations can u all view on your 90cm dish but still yet you view stations from across various countries who ask you not to pay a dime, at least with this let all still show apppreciation and be contented with what we can watch presently and if later on more stations are added which am very sure of then we all be smiling but before then let all be contented with what we can see.

I quite agree with enitan2002 and Enigma on this.
I am going to be enjoying my free channels in August as i have a lot on my hands and not even a dime can drop into the pockets of dstv. I thought AfMag was da bumb until i saw a beautiful nollywood movie on DBN (Pas7/10) Same for Stv 1 or 2 (Nss 7). Both channels feature beautiful nollywood movies in the evening.
We need to appreciate our collective knowledge in fta and enjoy the channels we have.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2008
@ Pitodenz,

Yes that's right.I also got the channels yesterday on arabsat 2B@30.5 E.I live in the southern part of ghana and I use 1.8m dish, motorised and SRT 4653X.I used to remove my dielectric to get a good signal for Aljazeera channel
@pas7,10 68.5(C band).Now that wahala is no more.
I hope they keep it FTA.

Somehow I still believe with my location in ghana I should be able to receive nilesat with my 1.8m dish but I'm still finding it difficult.Any help from the gurus in the house will be very much appreciated.If necessary my email address is captainus@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2008
captainus:

@ Pitodenz,

Yes that's right.I also got the channels yesterday on arabsat 2B@30.5 E.I live in the southern part of ghana and I use 1.8m dish, motorised and SRT 4653X.I used to remove my dielectric to get a good signal for Aljazeera channel
@pas7,10 68.5(C band).Now that wahala is no more.
I hope they keep it FTA.

Somehow I still believe with my location in ghana I should be able to receive nilesat with my 1.8m dish but I'm still finding it difficult.Any help from the gurus in the house will be very much appreciated.If necessary my email address is captainus@hotmail.co.uk
if u re at the north side of ghana there may be possibility of u receiving nilesat with 1.8m dish but that depend if anyone is getting it with it there; i think u ll be safer with a 2.4m dish.
try badrc @ 26 degrees u may get it but with di-electric plate cos we get it without it here because the beam lies here
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2008
@ all souterners
if arabsat 2b and badrc can be receive here; let us ve hope of mbc uae beaming on c-band cos it gonna be on either two.
remember that this mbc,cnn and some other good aljazeera channels were receivable in southern naija through badrc though on analogue satellite reception,though according to lyngsat i dont think they re there anymore but euronews,aljazeera children and aljaz english re still there.
those in lagos and other part of west should try badrc with di-electric plate inside their lnbf or which ever way the got it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2008
@ all
check out this

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.