Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347491 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2008
@ all,
I've once discussed this 'PM' with seun in the past and the reason he gave for not including it in the forum, i quite agreed with him.
The reason he gave was that if 'PM" should be included, information shared on the forum will reduced drastically, cos only some few ones will have access to it. So the main reason of setting up this forum will be jeopardize. If PM should have been included, do you think the public will have access to many of our info? NO.
There's always good and bad sides of a thing, instead of using the PM, why not send mails to that fellow.
What do ya all think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 7:56am On Oct 09, 2008
I don't think that the PM function will reduce amount of post on the main board. i don't think it works like that on other boards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2008
@olofofo
pls can you confirm in affirmative if the jsc +1,+2,+3 are still be open by the starsat decoder as at today. Am asking this because i want to make a purchase of the decoder and i want too be sure of want am buying.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 8:36am On Oct 09, 2008
mide2008:

@olofofo
please can you confirm in affirmative if the jsc +1,+2,+3 are still be open by the starsat decoder as at today. Am asking this because i want to make a purchase of the decoder and i want too be sure of want am buying.

the last time i checked it was not open oooooo. i don't know if it's a fluke on their part or on the part of my decoder. i advice that you still wait a while for me to check. my Nilesat is currently down.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jajuk: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2008
am staying in ogoja in cross river state ,we have tried all we can using even 6m but we still can receive nilesat, sabi people in the house what do u think i have not done,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2008
@ Jajuk,
Did you say 6m? As in six metres?

That must be one heck of a dish. NTA will surely envy you guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2008
Enigma,

i fear i have been jinxed with respect to those JSC sports keys. i put in those keys yesterday but they didn't open anything. i only wish i knew someone else who is currently using them, it would give me something to work with. another problem is that my decoder doesnt seem to be accepting softcams. it doesn't recognise the usual .key files most decoders use, but even the .bin files for ALI devices don't work, the decoder recognises them but won't load them up, saying 'error loading files'. it won't accept patches either, and i am not certain i want to use a laptop to serial transfer of patches until i fully understand these decoders. i will spend the entire day today searching for info on these type A1 Ali decoders and see.

Badaru1

oh boy where u dey? i really really need your input on this JSC sports keys thing. i know your humax decoders remote is missing, does that mean u can't use the thing anymore?

jajuk,

6M dish, men, that is my dream. as regards why u can't receive nilesat, there are probably some very good explanation. what i keep wondering is if you have the right focal point? You can check this out by calculating the focal lenght at this site http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennaparaboliccalc.html. another question is have u ever used the dish to track another ku bird, for instance it is common practice here in the north to first track nss7 to enable you tweak your dish to its best setting before you face it to nilesat. bro, with a 6m dish, i won't even be thinking of nilesat anymore i will be setting my sights (pun intended) on maybe Hotbird or one of those eurobird sats, but then one step at a time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2008
@all
Yes, I support the idea that we should come together on a round table as members of this forum. Let me tell everyone that most of the so-called registered professional bodies, locally or at global level, are not offering the TECHNICAL SUPPORTS we are enjoying in this forum despite the fact that their members pay huge amounts of money as yearly dues to the accounts of the said bodies. I have a list of them that I can not be mentioning in this forum. Secondly, our TECHNICAL SUPPORTS are As Swift As Possible (ASAP). Fellow colleagues, these two points of views and many more are worthy to be celebrated! As suggested, December is okay by me. Let us constitute a committee that will work on this and give us a WAY FORWARD. Seeing you all one of these days. Thanks.

@ll
I viewed a live broadcast of the US Presidential Debate between Obama & Mccain yesterday’s morning. According to the peoples’ responses, Obama was declared as the winner of the debate. It was highly informative! All these were made possible courtesy of the FTA package of MSNBC. Whoever that has access to them, please help me to say a big “Thank You”.

@all
Please, the term “FRY” what does it mean to the decoders? How does it happen & the likely solutions to offer. Thanks

@vickoy23
Please let us continue researching on the DISEQC facility on the HITV Decoder.

@ajiareg
I am in Akue as you are. You can invite me through 08032249398 and I will give you a face-face support.

@Pitodenz & Olofofo
Thanks for your text messages.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Gem,

Fry! Fry!! Fry!!! but not as in frying "Akara Balls"  grin(just joking)

Its a slang meaning "To destroy (electronic circuitry e.g. decoders, TV etc) with excessive heat or current." (as in high voltage a la PHCN or "I better pass my neighbour" generator) which can easily destroy your electronics devices if you don't have a good stabilizer). Though that may not be the only condition for electronic devices to be fried because I (and maybe enitan2000) "fried" our decoders in the course of patching it because its fake.

Likely solution? Well, its either you purchase another one or you visit the nearest MYTV office, if its a strong decoder (Which I did yesterday with the assistance of  Oga Moderator, Twinstaye) for their technical guys to help you handle. Just make sure you don't give it to any road side electronic technicians lest they destroy it for you.

@Jajuk

Did you say 6m? That dish is as big as the national stadium! You only need to put it on the floor and all the satellites (Nilesat, pas7/10, w3 etc) will on their own find it grin.
I think there is something you are not doing right sha. Go through the post again for more enlightenment. You will surely nail it. Wishing you the best of luck.

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2008
enitan2002:

@ all,
I've once discussed this 'PM' with seun in the past and the reason he gave for not including it in the forum, i quite agreed with him.
[b]The reason he gave was that if 'PM" should be included, information shared on the forum will reduced drastically, because only some few ones will have access to it. So the main reason of setting up this forum will be jeopardize. If PM should have been included, do you think the public will have access to many of our info? NO.[/b]There's always good and bad sides of a thing. Instead of using the PM, why not send mails to that fellow.
What do ya all think?
@ the highlighted.

That is absolutely false!!!!!! shocked embarassed On every board, PM feature is used for what it is meant for, which is "PRIVATE MESSAGE". Both the sender and receiver use this feature to share infomation that shouldn't be posted publicly on the Internet.  I belong to various boards and the presence of PM, has in no way diminished the flow of information to members of the board, instead it has provided privacy and security. Why should most of you be posting your mobile,  home and business phone numbers here for everyone to have access to it, when you can pass such sensitive informations privately to the intended rerecipientnd not the entire world?

@ SEUN
Considering that this version of Seun's Web Application is somewhat a primitive version, maybe, I say maybe he is hesitant to upgrade to a newer version due to the added cost. As everything Nigerian, we refuse to upgrade, or maintain our infrastructures and applications, but blame the entire world when we can't meet up with the competition. Compare the Icons, Smilies, Tags and other features on this Forum with the other Forums around the world. You be the judge Seun my friend, please as you're well aware, your little dream has grown beyond your wildest imagination. Please, this your baby "Nairaland" needs a serious upgrade. Don't stop now. You have started something really big and you shouldn't limit your success now. If there was a PM feature, I would have communicated this to you PRIVATELY. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2008
F_Marshal:

Don't stop now. You have started something really big and you shouldn't limit your success now. If there was a PM feature, I would have communicated this to you PRIVATELY. smiley

Ha Ha, grin winkgood one
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2008
F_Marshal:

@ the highlighted.

That is absolutely false!!!!!! shocked embarassed On every board, PM feature is used for what it is meant for, which is "PRIVATE MESSAGE". Both the sender and receiver use this feature to share infomation that shouldn't be posted publicly on the Internet.  I belong to various boards and the presence of PM, has in no way diminished the flow of information to members of the board, instead it has provided privacy and security. Why should most of you be posting your mobile,  home and business phone numbers here for everyone to have access to it, when you can pass such sensitive informations privately to the intended rerecipientnd not the entire world?

@ SEUN
Considering that this version of Seun's Web Application is somewhat a primitive version, maybe, I say maybe he is hesitant to upgrade to a newer version due to the added cost. As everything Nigerian, we refuse to upgrade, or maintain our infrastructures and applications, but blame the entire world when we can't meet up with the competition. Compare the Icons, Smilies, Tags and other features on this Forum with the other Forums around the world. You be the judge Seun my friend, please as you're well aware, your little dream has grown beyond your wildest imagination. Please, this your baby "Nairaland" needs a serious upgrade. Don't stop now. You have started something really big and you shouldn't limit your success now. If there was a PM feature, I would have communicated this to you PRIVATELY. smiley
CAUTION! acidic shot. I disagree that seun is afraid because of cost to include Pm. we for Nija we no poor like that. Seun, you done well enough to have the muscle to upgrade where neccessary.

FTA committe, how is the frame work goin to be lets start voting.

Gangsta101, thanks for yday.

trees as far as 40M can distort signal reception on dish. Buildings, PHCN lines jagard topography, all kind of lines, strong electromagnetic noise can distort,absorb, deflect our beams.
my MYTV package shot to 72-76% from 31-33% after I did a serious cutting down of trees. Gangsta101, after you left yday I checked the connector head to the lnb and discovered it was pulled out. I have my darling press tv back.I still they watch the disney channel,i no get pickin sha.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2008
@ all,
concerning this committee of a thing, whats there is that everyone here dont want to volunteer just not to seem one is feeling too big or somehow pompous, cos if we are to wait for volunteer then we will all wait till his kingdom comes.
I personally and not forcefully volunteer to be among the committee, though i still have some weeks in my base here in Lagos before i disappear off a little. So i think we (those intrested) should follow suit, then after we have the required number which i think should be from 5-7, then we can start the preparation.
WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT THAT? Pls lets all make this ASAP
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2008
enitan2002:

@ all,
concerning this committee of a thing, whats there is that everyone here don't want to volunteer just not to seem one is feeling too big or somehow pompous, because if we are to wait for volunteer then we will all wait till his kingdom comes.
I personally and not forcefully volunteer to be among the committee, though i still have some weeks in my base here in Lagos before i disappear off a little. So i think we (those intrested) should follow suit, then after we have the required number which i think should be from 5-7, then we can start the preparation.
WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT THAT? please lets all make this ASAP

Well you have thrown the first stone. I nominate myself-gangsta101 take note. so long it will not clash with my unpredictable official assignments.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2008
jujukemist:

[size=14pt]CAUTION! acidic shot. I disagree that seun is afraid because of cost to include Pm. we for Nija we no poor like that.[/size] Seun, you done well enough to have the muscle to upgrade where neccessary.

FTA committe, how is the frame work goin to be lets start voting.

Gangsta101, thanks for yday.

trees as far as 40M can distort signal reception on dish. Buildings, PHCN lines jagard topography, all kind of lines, strong electromagnetic noise can distort,absorb, deflect our beams.
my MYTV package shot to 72-76% from 31-33% after I did a serious cutting down of trees. Gangsta101, after you left yday I checked the connector head to the lnb and discovered it was pulled out. I have my darling press tv back.I still they watch the disney channel,i no get pickin sha.

@ the highlighted:
Juju, abeg mek u never bring out ya pop-corn and seat yet to com sidon watch fight o! 
Here is what I wrote earlier. "Considering that this version of Seun's Web Application is somewhat a primitive version, maybe, I say maybe he is hesitant to upgrade to a newer version due to the added cost." I was referring to the cost benefit analysis of upgrading his entire website not just PM. Don't forget also that I'm a son of the soil and I know that we have very many $ and £ Millionaires in Nigeria. Heck, you might even be one of them just hangging out with we less privileged ones on this forum. My point is for Seun to upgrade so that he can be competitive in his business. My two cents.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2008
[size=15pt]For those of you that have or planning to buy a C-Band  "BUD" (Big Ugly Dish as they are fondly known in the US), below is a link telling you all you need to know about C-Band installation etc. [/size]

@ Twinstaiye

You can add this link to FAQs

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html#anchor805651
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2008
On Humax decoder, I met a satellite dealer on Wednesday who told me he had sold out his stock of Humax decoders.  He however promise me that if I can furnish him with the model we need, he will surely stock his shop with the needed model in his next trip.  I can't remember the exact model of Humax we need, let me know and I will pass the info to the guy.

As regard FORUM I had said it that I don't have objection and would love to be part of it.  But with my current workload, don't think I may be of a working committee, but would love to be carried along in case there may be any occasion my assistance can come into play.  I think the suggestion of Enitan is quite okay. 

@F-Marshal
Noted, will add same.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2008
twinstaiye:

On Humax decoder, I met a satellite dealer on Wednesday who told me he had sold out his stock of Humax decoders. He however promise me that if I can furnish him with the model we need, he will surely stock his shop with the needed model in his next trip. I can't remember the exact model of Humax we need, let me know and I will pass the info to the guy.

As regard FORUM I had said it that I don't have objection and would love to be part of it. But with my current workload, don't think I may be of a working committee, but would love to be carried along in case there may be any occasion my assistance can come into play. I think the suggestion of Enitan is quite okay.

@F-Mrashal
Noted, will add same.

@ Highlighted:
Twinstaiye! Wai u dey Baptize mai Username nah?  E sopoz be F_Marshal. wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2008
Field Marshal, sorry I mean Eff_Marshal or was it is sopoz to be F_Marshal, It is now corrected. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2008
can someone please tell me what the excitement about humax decoder, is there anything special that it does?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 1:11am On Oct 10, 2008
Badaru had earlier on informed us that Humax decoders can open art/showtime in addition to jsc. It also has card sharing facility.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by folo28(m): 3:32am On Oct 10, 2008
I'm gasping for breath tongue (thanks to the stay over at the office), at last I am able to catch up with the thread after several downloads for offline reading and update.

I was of the thinking that with jsc keys, one should be able to have them work with a strong decoder, well if Humax can serve that purpose then it is be the best bet for keys usage, but it's scarcity in the country is the issue, I'm interested in getting one for deployment on NileSat. I'm yet to patch my strong 4652 for keys inputting and hope to pick other decoders soon.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2008
@all
with reference to what F_Marshal adviced on I will put my info this way - there is a sports feed on NSS 7,. I discovered this on wednesday and watched one of Ghana'a local leagues live. It means one can watch any live event being broadcast by that station.

@Badaru
I think I can give you the RS 232 cable it's common where I live drop ur address to signalbit@yahoo.com and I wll send it by post to you.

@capitainus
How body, thanks for ur help. do you have any plans of tracking the nilesat bird? I have the desire ooo. I will send you a mail soon.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2008
@sathob longtime no hear from u.charlie im also plannimg to join the nilesat family in the near future.is it nss7 ku or c band.i use both
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2008
There many receivers that can accept jsc sport + keys in the market and also have card sharing facilities. The ones you can get in nija are: Humax- the common one is 5400 model. The new strong 4663x also has provision for dcw keys. I also learnt that starsat also does the magic but I dont have the knowledge of it. So I advise that you go for humax 5400 series if you can lay your hands on it. The price ranges from 20-30k.

@ All

If you want to enjoy free to air world,you have to have mutiple of decoders, becouse no decoder does everything. Every decoder has it own area of advatages. Strong receivers has the best user interface for me o! but has some limitations when it comes to some advance features like cardsharing and CI interface. So get strong in addition to some other receivers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by abujabooks(f): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2008
Great info.

Keep it up guys
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by PaBLoA2: 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2008
Hello guys, I've been able to track 3 different satellites with the help of this forum. Lately I added Intelsat 10/7 to the growing list, I use Strong reciever SRT 4652, but I tried both 6969 and 8282 to unscramble e.tv, but nothing is happening here, Then I got curious if the reciever needs to be patched, if that's needed, where do I get the patch software?

I will appreciate any help here,, Oga Moderator and others whe sabi pass me, I beg oo, if you can upload the patching software, I go appreciate ooo, Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2008
@All,
Anyone living within ojodu berger/isheri/magodo axis of lagos that can help me locate MYTV satelite. Pls drop ur email or phone number, lets hook up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2008
@capitainus
it's ku band. Infact, for "space" reasons I use only 60cm dishes. I mounted two of 0.6m on one base. and the other hangs alone. NSS 7 ku west and 7/10 68.5 E are on one arm and W4 stands alone. I want to negotiate with my landlord if he would allow me some space - i discovered one.
But do you think 2.4m dish will do the job in this region? 2.4m is readily available in town but mesh is common.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2008
@ justx24,
na work dey tough like dis wey we no dey hear u again?

@ benalways,
any luck yet?

It is only when peopel starts facing difficulties, thats when they know they need to register here on the forum. When the going was sweet and lots of discoveries were made we here on the forum knew nothing about it, but when it now comes to patches and opening some channels, thats when you start seeing their posts.
I think it's high time we have a change of attitude, lets try our possible best to contribute each of our qouta on this forum, and we shouldnt wait till when problem surfaces.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2008
Hi, check out these pictures

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2008
@ Enitan2002

Those are very nice pictures.  cool grin For the benefit of clarity, can you add some details (descriptions) as to which bird those dishes are pointing to? I know it will help quite a few members enjoy your pictures better. My Favorite is the multiple LNB setup! wink BTW, what size dish are those?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.