Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347653 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2008
Nilesat users,
ART Sport 5 can be opened with ACTIVE : CCW on Hotbird,ART SPORT 5 12015 H 27500 HOTBIRD EXCLUSIF check SOIRNET.COM
02 key for showtime is still on (works for disney 11859-62 v 27500 3/4 and bloomberg freq 11978 V 5/6 nilesat 7W, at the moment ok)

Captainus,
The DAAR New York signal had been there for almost one year.Please dont rejoice about them yet.What is happening to Daarsat really.

Sathob,
Please send me the freq of the football feed on NSS7 or any other one.There is German bundesliga live on MBC on w3a every Sunday afternoon.

all,
I visited Discomm cable,Agidingbi,Ikeja,Lagos,this afternoon.I was completely disappointed with the package.Their so-called 48 channels are really terrible local stations except for CNN,TRACE,SKY NEWS,AL-JAZEERA,MBC2,MBC ACTION,and two other foreign stations.Please dont waste your money on their system.It is not worth it at all.N7000 decoder,N3000 monthly subscription plus N500 VAT watching Yotomi and the other raz stations.In fact,majority of them are yet to start transmitting yet they want to collect money.Na lie!!!!!!!!!  The 6m dish is enough to pick any signal even from Australia.So what could be wrong.If you are in the Lagos area and you want to see 6m dishes,please visit Discomm or NTA,V/Island.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2008
[size=14pt]Tip Of The Day![/size]

Always use High Quality Satellite Cables to connect from LNB to Receiver. The recommended cable is RG6, 75ohm or RG6/U, 75ohm cable.  RG59 cables are not good, because they have a very high resistance, there by preventing some frequencies from going from the LNB to the Receiver. Even if they work, they eventually burn out (become too resistant) and you lose signal. Try and keep the distance from your LNB to receiver under 100ft or 30.48 meters. If your Cables are over 30 meters in distance, you begin to lose signal Quality. Always ground your setup!!!! Grounding your Dish will prevent Lightning from damaging your Receiver during Thunder and Lightning Storms, and also keep your Family safe from a stray bolt of lightning entering your house via your Dish > Cable > Receiver. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2008
Enitan,you have good construction work on that dish,Thanks for believing "nothing is impossible".Il ove your courage .Is there anything special on that c band ,i can see you have some lnbs on that dish as well.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2008
this are images of my 1.8m motorized. i believe that it catches everything available on KU and c-band in Lagos. I know it looks freakish but it works.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2008
It is not only freakish, it is scary cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2008
@sathob  why don't u try w3 with the w4 dish? there is nothing fta on w4                                     @toxnaija    infact  i've watched bundesliga on a couple of saturdays as well on mbc.arriadia2(w6) also shows uefa champs league.in fact i was spoilt for choice during day 2 of champs league.               @F_Marshall    nice tips @ALL argentina vrs uruguay 11/10/08 on alkass(ARABSAT 30E) 21.10 GMT
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 11:32pm On Oct 10, 2008
to all nilesat users
Debolay just text me now that Showtime is on. Congrats!!!! I am watching show cinema now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 12:04am On Oct 11, 2008
Enitan, congrats! we are making progress cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 12:08am On Oct 11, 2008
twinstaiye:

to all nilesat users
Debolay just text me now that Showtime is on. Congrats!!!! I am watching show cinema now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
JEEEZZZ grin grin grin.you are a tru FTA brother in deed I just tuned in.I will call gangsta now
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 12:12am On Oct 11, 2008
:oShooo! gangsta101 de sleep. How can an FTA pickin go de sleep by this time
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrInfo1(m): 12:20am On Oct 11, 2008
@ twinstaiye

Hapi birthday o
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:45am On Oct 11, 2008
infobaba:

@ twinstaiye

Hapi birthday o
thanks, i appreciates
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:03am On Oct 11, 2008
;DAn easy way to know and watch all the open lipsrsealed channels is to press ok from standby mode, then press the dark blue button,then scrow to the one we talk abou the most,you will follow all the channels from one point knowin the ones that responds to the latest virus
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 1:10am On Oct 11, 2008
@enitan2002
Nice pictures but the "side attractions" are killing.

@olofofo
Nice pictures too. Is the second LNB (ku) locally made? It looks unique.

@oga Moderator
Happy Birthday. Long life and prosperity. I go come home come chop cake oo. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 1:20am On Oct 11, 2008
@babaegun
Thanks o, ema seun. You are cordially invited to come and chop cake o, I trust my wife she will make akara kengbe (bean cake) for you. abi cake na cake grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:29am On Oct 11, 2008
my Nilesat has 101 of those special channels 41 of them has the virus presently. can some one from the south west compare note with me.I have 2 Stylenetwork one is12073 showing disc world the otherat11976 showin the known style.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 11, 2008
@ ALL,
the first 2 pictures show is badaru's 1.8m motorised dish, while the last one is the picture for OLA's 2.4m dish facing the most wonderful bird to be recieved here in nigeria on 2.4m NILESAT i mean
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 11, 2008
@ all,
brand new 24inch jack and positioner for motorised dish for sale.
PRICE: N5,500 (non-negotiable)
IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED
TEL: 08029317522,08033231671 (OLA)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:39am On Oct 11, 2008
Enitan

Reserve the Jack/positioner for me; I will arrange how you get paid and collection. I will probably continue on the issue from here by email.

By the way, nice pictures; I will study them more carefully later although like F_Marshall, I also recommend better quality cables.

@ olofofo

Nice pictures too; but one problem immediately stare at me! You need to find a way to insulate your F-connectors otherwise you risk water ingress/damage which may result in loss of signal or, in a worse instance, damage to your equipment.

@ twinstaiye

Congrats and many happy returns smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2008
I use Strong reciever SRT 4652, but I tried both 6969 and 8282 to unscramble e.tv, but nothing is happening here, Then I got curious if the reciever needs to be patched, if that's needed, where do I get the patch software?

I will appreciate any help here,, Oga Moderator and others whe sabi pass me, I beg oo, if you can upload the patching software, I go appreciate ooo, Thanks.

@ Pablo(A)

If you know anyone with the same receiver whose receiver is already patched, you can just do a data/software transfer to your receiver; I understand that some receiver sellers can do this for you.

Also, a number of links have already been given on this thread of sites to download Strong patches. If you type in 'Strong patch' or 'Strong patch link' into the search engine at the bottom of each page on this thread it will bring up the links including This Link and also This Other Link.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:36am On Oct 11, 2008
@ enitan & badaru

Please tell the house more about the motorised dish. So, it has both a Ku band and C band LNB, not so?

1. Is it located in Lagos?

2. What Ku band satellites can you receive?

3. What C band satellites can you receive?

4. Was the mount for the jack locally made and where was it bought?

5. Is the mount a 'polar mount'?

Answers would be appreciated.

cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2008
@captainus
is the mbc.arridia2(w6) showing live or delayed champions league matches? cause 2M on the same sat does show delayed champions league matches.
@Toxnaija
the Active key for Art 5 on Hotbird cannot work for nilesat because of different encryption system. ART on Hotbird is Viacess while Nilesat is irdeto.
@enitan
those are nice pictures. Hope to see the picture of your own setup very soon. pls go for 2.4m and not 1.8m dish.
@nilesat users
it seems showtime server is currently down all the channels are currently open enjoy it while it last.
world cup qualifier matches on the following channels
scotland Vs norway 3:oopm kuwait and dubai sport1
wales Vs liechtenstein 5:30pm kuwait and dubai sport1
Holland vs iceland 7:45pm luwait and dubaisport1
sweden vs portugal 7:00pm aljazeera sport 2
Estonia Vs spain 7:45pm aljazeera sport 1
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2008
Showtime went off 6:58GMT, flashed back 7:01GMT and went off again.Disney is still on
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2008
@ all,
you guys are too good, just dey see the latest updates wey jujukemist dey do.

@ enigma,
i will definitely reserve that for you, concerning the satellites being pivked up by that mototrised dish, badaru is in the best position to say that
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 8:24am On Oct 11, 2008
Pls be careful in patching a strong decoder that is not of the X series,itseems they do not accept patches
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2008
jujukemist:

please be careful in patching a strong decoder that is not of the X series,itseems they do not accept patches
Enitan, well done. I was just going thru the begining of this thread.The evolution is tremendous.I see how thomases have become believers.
I am so proud of all you guys of this FTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2008
Oga Moderator,
Many happy returns.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2008
@ jujukemist,
thanks for the compliment, concerning patches for strong decoders non-X series, i dont really know much about them, if your statement is true then that gives the reason behind olofofo's 4652 decoder to got fried up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2008
for the first time in a long while, everyone seems to be online this morning. is twinstaiye birthday happening online somewhere, 2nd life perhaps. abeg na my web address be this oooooo. http://www.iwanchopricetoo.com. Twinstaiye, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@enigma

thanks for your observation. I will try and get the insulation done today. who knows if that was the reason my decoder got fried last week.

@baba_egun

the KU lnb is the regular strong decoder with the casing removed and sawed to make it a prime focus LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2008
@enitan

how u dey? how far with that your zain activation site. he be like say i need am oooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 11, 2008
@ olofofo,
check out dmc.ng.zain.com and activate either wap, internet or mms.

@ TWINSTAIYE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, may you walk and never stumble, may your days be longer than your grannies, may you be catapulted to success at angle 90 degree, and may your first born never resemble your landlord:

And the whole house chorused: AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2008
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.128.html
Vickivicki where are you, I have not heard from you on this thread.
The conversations at the link above just amuses me grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.