Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? (19780 Views)

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Popeonah(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2023
With 1m you can start a low key life in akwa ibom, but tot fit no gree you

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:40am On Jun 07, 2023
Meerahbel:
A married man survived on less than 95k, how can't you survive on 1m, with a good business, you should survive
...You know "Nathing". Na the same whatsapp group you and the OP dey.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Unperturbedpota: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Nairalanders please help advice me, this is a matter of life and death I don't want to waste this money cry
Let me just go straight to the point

So I have exactly 1 million naira in my bank account and I'll be 22 by 27th of this month (this is not a flex on anybody please)
I don't currently have a job, I live in Lagos and with my parents. But a lot of things happening here and I feel like if I don't leave soon, I might just die.

I plan to move to Akwa Ibom state to go and start a new life on my own even though I haven't been there before. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't smoke. I'm still a virgin, never had sex in my entire life,I don't womanise, I have Zero friends.

So my plan is to move to the state, secure a cheap accommodation like a single room self contain that should not cost anything more than 100-120k a year. After I secure accommodation, I plan on searching for a job that can at least pay the bills. And probably set up a POS business with some of the money that someone else can be running for me. I don't eat too much and I know how to cook.

Now my question is this. Will I be able to survive for some time in the state with that amount of money pending till I get a job?
And how much is the average rent for a single room self contain in akwa Ibom?

nlfpmod Myndd44 farano RoyalRoy
Disguy justwise lalasticlala - Please for the love of God cry

Seems you stole that money or defrauded someone of that sum otherwise there is no reason you would want to run from your parents house

This is a stupid childish idea with no substance. In less than 3 months you will be penniless in AKWA IBOM

5 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Unperturbedpota: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2023
harqinhola:
Are you planning to run away with your parents #1M to far South Akwa Ibom?

If you earned that money genuinely (which I doubt), why not continue the business you did to earn that money here in Lagos or start same business in Akwa Ibom ?

Why not upskill yourself before leaving Lagos? Acquire soft skills or technical skills that will help you in Akwa Ibom.

Why Akwa Ibom ?

You want to #JAPA ? You need to come clean so that we can advise appropriately.

He likely stole the money or duped someone that's why he wants to run away to AKWA IBOM

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by blackmantis: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2023
You won't survive six months......you haven't learnt how to make money.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:41am On Jun 07, 2023
superCleanworks:

you have zero life experiences and you have no job, no skill, no network of friends, nothing at all and you are even thinking of moving into a strange terrain.
it is easy for someone with all the above mentioned to survive with 100k in a strange land than for you to do so with even 5 million naira.
Worst of all, you want to invest in a business that will put you in the mouth of the streets (POS) in a place you don't know anyone. This shows poor decision making on your part and you are headed for regret.
it would have been better if you were to say you want to invest that money on a business you can do anywhere and personally handle by yourself like youtubing, blogging, freelancing.

I strongly advice against this move.

good luck anyway
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Dozie32(m): 11:41am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Nairalanders please help advice me, this is a matter of life and death I don't want to waste this money cry

So I have exactly 1 million naira in my bank account and I'll be 22 by 27th of this month (this is not a flex on anybody please)
I don't currently have a job, I live in Lagos and with my parents. But a lot of things happening here and I feel like if I don't leave soon, I might just die.

I plan to move to Akwa Ibom state to go and start a new life on my own even though I haven't been there before. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't smoke. I'm still a virgin, never had sex in my entire life,I don't womanise, I have Zero friends.

So my plan is to move to the state, secure a cheap accommodation like a single room self contain that should not cost anything more than 100-120k a year. After I secure accommodation, I plan on searching for a job that can at least pay the bills. And probably set up a POS business with some of the money that someone else can be running for me. I don't eat too much and I know how to cook.

Now my question is this. Will I be able to survive for some time in the state with that amount of money pending till I get a job?

Come to aba, if not your money will finish on enjoyment.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Proffdada: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

Isn't that the same stealing he said .. and why on earth would you drop out?

Thank God you brought the matter here . please just take that money and go and finish school first.. then you can relocate with another money...

The school you did not finish is reflecting in your business ideas, POS, Okada ...

Go back and finish school it shall be well with you..you would hate yourself if the money finishes and you are stranded..but with a degree you can at least get a decent job..or research and build a decent biz
probably he's not doing well with academics. A lot of people are just forcing themselves through the same phase without using the so called degrees. And some dropouts are successful. It boils down to his interest. If he's not interested in studies then no matter how much invested and time spent.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by inforesource: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Please get the fu*k out of here. They are not aware, go and tell them. Asking stupid questions. Someone asked for a simple advice you don turn am to interrogation. They are not aware that I dropped out, go and tell them... Can't some of you be reasonable sef?
Don't get pissed off by that question because the pain and prayers of parent can affect you, except you are pure in heart and your actions are not to hurt them but to follow a pathway that you are convinced it will pay off.

AKS is a pure civil service state, it is just growing now business wise. So, you must understand this and be determine to do something worthwhile. It is my state and I know how it works over there. Also, get a good skill and learn.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by denko(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2023
Your blood is hot lad please go and learn IT skills atleast one or two for another one year. The problem with money in your hand is that because you didn't earn it it is very difficult to sustain. Go and learn a skill preferably in IT i love your spirit but be careful with scavengers.
yolada:

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Unperturbedpota: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Please get the fu*k out of here. They are not aware, go and tell them. Asking stupid questions. Someone asked for a simple advice you don turn am to interrogation. They are not aware that I dropped out, go and tell them... Can't some of you be reasonable sef?

I don't believe your story I think you are a thief or a fraudster who wants to run .

Give me your full name let me check something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by stasius: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2023
SMH.
I even thought you genuinely made the money 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I would have given an advice.

But seeing the source of the 1million, O boy, you have chosen your pathway. Anything you wanna do carry go 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
But just know that for every action there is a reaction. Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by slowice(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2023
People are surviving there with less than 100k

Make Una dey all this nonsense question for dis tilumbu Nigeria
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by EriMma1: 11:45am On Jun 07, 2023
You better stay where you are and start up your business. If you are not from akwaibom, don't go there especially if you don't know the place very well before you land yourself in danger.

Living on your own is not rice and stew oo.. since you still have the opportunity to live with your parents, I'll advise you remain there until you have a solid financial stability.

Adulthood na scam. Don't say you were not warned.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Segzy19: 11:45am On Jun 07, 2023
You better stay with your parents and return to school. At 22, 1million appears big to you abi.

In reality, 1m won't take you far with this current economy.

Why don't you at least finish your education.
Don't take a hasty decision that you may regret later in life...

Decisions of today will surely impact the future

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by fineboynl(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2023
Pos is not bad if it's in a business environment. Some pos operators make money more than 70% of Nigerians with degree. Don't let anyone fool you. I know of a pos operators she was once my girlfriend. She makes nothing less than 4k a day in a popular market.

I won't advise akwa ibom. You can move to PH or Warri. this are states you won't find language barrier.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
ahh this boy

I didn’t even read this part, so u want to go to a place u don’t know anybody n u want to buy bike for someone that knows everybody

What if after taking d bike he tells u d bike was stolen n he himself reported d case to d police n connived with them?

What if he takes your bike n kill u since u don’t know anybody?

Guy small boy dey worry u, it’s obvious u haven’t seen anything in life

I pray u don’t put yourself in trouble with this path u want to tow
No mind the boy, one million naira big for him eyes. The boy even dey rude and insultive to elders wey he suppose learn wisdom from.

...see, na one small uyo girl go use "Touching body" romance collect that woman from him hand.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by GloriousGbola: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2023
Mindlog:

The foolish thing is the one who dropped out of school and diverting school fees without the parents' knowledge nor their input in your redirection, thinking fleeing to Akwa ibom with no situational awareness nor skill but still convinces himself that he is on his path to greatness......by the way, your likes are part of my daily bread.

all we need now is for someone here to set the foolish boy up with false assassinate and then rob him. if he is lucky he wont be also killed. it is sha the same akwa ibom of Uduak Akpan the rapist and killer of Iniubong Umoren

people have legit been set up and robbed\kidnapped by others they met on this platform

may we not raise useless children is all i can say

Unperturbedpota:

Seems you stole that money or defrauded someone of that sum otherwise there is no reason you would want to run from your parents house

This is a stupid childish idea with no substance. In less than 3 months you will be penniless in AKWA IBOM

if he is really unlucky, somone here will set him up and they will bracket him and he will transfer the full 1m to their account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Unperturbedpota: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:

Are you talking from experience?

Dunce he is telling you the truth you buffoon.

Rent in Uyo for a selfcon is minimum 150k when they know you are an outsider you will pay 200k least. Now let's say the landlord who will take a single young boy will surely want nothing less than 2 years rent to avoid issues that's 400k on rent agent and agreement will take another 100k then bush entry and rubbish charges another 50k now you must renovate the house and buy property. Mattress cooking stuff etc another 150 to 200k
Now monthly NEPA bill etc
You are just afoolish child . That money won't last you 4 months before you start selling your property

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Cashberry511(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2023
Highorbit7O16:
Avoid Ukanafun, Ika, Etim ekpo, Nsit ibritam
Infact consider only Uyo, Ikot ekpene, Abak, Etinan.
For a 22 year old,I hope U don't look childish too, else they'll chance u.

Did you just mention Etinan?
Eket is preferable.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Geovanni412(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not planning to run away with anyone's money. This is money I saved up from my school fee's before I dropped out. I was going to a private University. So can you go ahead with the advice now🙄?

You saved the money

Congrats

Stay back with your parents

Invest the money in stocks or crypto...you'll either double the money or learn a lesson from it.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by sylve11: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2023
Itohan22:

You can consider job prospect too so you don't exhaust the funds without corresponding income...Benin is cheap likewise, or Ibadan to some extent

True, but it is not wise advising anyone to go to Benin to start a life there. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by davies(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not from Akwa Ibom state ohh cry which other business do you suggest? Why not POS? That's the easiest I know to start up that is not capital intensive. Although I'm also considering buying a used bike for someone to ride for me and pay me weekly cry

The 1st question I intend asking you is if that's your state of origin but in as much as you've responded affirmatively, I'd advise that you can relocate to akwa Ibom with 1m comfortably but I will also advise that if you want to set up pos business it's OK but you won't get much profit from it as expected.

Accommodation is getting expensive in uyo day by day but you can also stay in etinan, ibesikpo, abak, these are places that will take less for accommodation with good houses and it's easier access to the capital city, Uyo.

There you can set up a small business but I will advise that you set up business wen you've already known the terrain which is about 3 months after you're already settled in the town.

Akwa Ibom is a fine place to stay but make sure your accommodation is close to major road.

Businesses to do apart from Pos, you can buy crayfish and red oil and transport to Lagos for sale

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by mamawa123: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
it's "course of action", not "cause of action"...Thanks though smiley

The teacher is correcting his student. But why did you drop out of school when you are this brilliant?

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Dimaya: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2023
why are you guys advising him not to go to Akwa ibom. I think at 22, you need to learn how to make it on your own.

Take your 1M and relocate to Akwa-Ibom.

1. You will spend 200k on accomodation.
2. The remaining 800k will last you a year if you can live on 2,200 per day.
i.e. 2,200 X12 months =803,000.

Right now 2,200 food is not enough for a 22 year old man living in akwa-ibom unless he has a farm that he grows some of his foodstuff.

Based on the money you have, you will be able to survive in Akwa-ibom for one year under management conditions, but you wont be able to do anything else. No soap or toothpaste, no electricity bills, no recharge cards, no internet, no transport, no clothes, tv, or new shoes.

In short, your money will just keep you fed alone.

About the business you mentioned, Akwa-ibom men are just like anambara men. You can not do business with them as a stranger and make a profit. That bike will be stolen, and your POS shop will be robbed. If you doubt me, i'll advise you to test it out for a month.

Travel to akwa ibom for one month. You can find the corper's lodge and beg them to let you stay there. Go the market in uyo and buy a POS umbrella and chair. See how long you will stay in the market before someone chances you out of 100k.

If that doesn't happen within a month, you can then stay for one year. But if you experience it by the first week, cut your losses and return.

All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by yolada: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2023
davies:

The 1st question I intend asking you is if that's your state of origin but in as much as you've responded affirmatively, I'd advise that you can relocate to akwa Ibom with 1m comfortably but I will also advise that if you want to set up pos business it's OK but you won't get much profit from it as expected.

Accommodation is getting expensive in uyo day by day but you can also stay in etinan, ibesikpo, abak, these are places that will take less for accommodation with good houses and it's easier access to the capital city, Uyo.

There you can set up a small business but I will advise that you set up business wen you've already known the terrain which is about 3 months after you're already settled in the town.

Akwa Ibom is a fine place to stay but make sure your accommodation is close to major road.

Businesses to do apart from Pos, you can buy crayfish and red oil and transport to Lagos for sale
Thanks bro
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by victorsola: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:

u better go ibadan . Those places are still cheap compare to Ibadan . House rent is ok , food is ok and it’s not far from home . Or u kuku go ghana.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Cortexhills99: 11:54am On Jun 07, 2023
I will just leave with a few words from my thoughts and experience. 1m is less than 1.5k Dolls which means continental you won't be able to start up anything. Am a final year (with a spill already)student right now in the unijos, I once thought of dropping out because of finances and other family responsibilities but I didn't because in all of these I have no skills meaning I must bag this one at all cost before thinking of doing anything crazy. Your parents sending you to a private university is proof they love you and can sponsor well within the country. I will tell you as a brother that you should first think about what you have passion to for, do you like IT/ computer stuff, fashion, reading , anything..... You must first find this so you can create a niche for yourself. I have seen people with 2-3m and getting a job and still going bankrupt. Find your passion since is clear school isn't your thing. Let me give a gist, i have a friend here whom should be same level with me but drop out but his passion is in crypto and YouTube( he is a YouTuber) his parents aren't aware but the young man has accumulated lots of skills far above anyone of us right now and he don't take a dime from home meaning he is sponsoring himself in the parents thoughts, he made lots of money in crypto,working hard on other things and planning on to jappa,we both have intention of learning truck driving and folklift as an added advantage incase. Find your passion and develop it bro..
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by ufotty2001: 11:58am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
YouTubing yess.... I currently have a channel with 453 subs and 2k watch ours with just 3 Months of uploading content. I just want to move there, get a job that would allow me time to grow the channel to a reasonable sub amount because I don't want to depend on YouTubing for now. and also start another business for added income. The only reason I did not mention YouTubing here is because I felt people will say I'm not serious e.t.c. because you know our Naija people, them no believe in online business. I also plan on going into domain flipping... cry
Domain flipping... It takes time for u to start making money
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by victorsola: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:

1million is nothing in todays economy . That money can’t use 2days in my account. But for u as a small chap. I will analyze it for maybe u have not considered that . Now u rent house say 200 in uyo which is the capital, u go buy things for the house let’s say ur spending max 400-500k . Tv , gen , bed , chair etc. so that’s 700k, good stuff for a month or prolly u want to be eating out , your 1million is shit. Just relax or go ibadan that is closer to home and don’t make it look like u left home so u go fit they show face once once to Cusson the subsidy 1mil effect.it will take u two months but after that hin go worry u o
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Kubin: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2023
Collins4u1:
At 22,
you're under your parents roof, eating free food, not paying rent nor taking care of everyone.

You're running away probably because you don't want them to bug you with advice that will help you.

in your mind, you've grown and you've 1mil in your account.
big boy, rich kid. that money will finish before you say jack and you're story won't be far from the prodigal son's own.

Nigeria is hard now, Listen to the gods you've close to you and pray to God for better life.

Abandoning your education isn't wise, you're not mark Zuckerberg,.
stop discouraging a young man that wants to make a bold step,if he is committed he will make it,I left my parents at the age of 19,today I pay their bills and my younger once.maturity is not by age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by samuelson06(m): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not planning to run away with anyone's money. This is money I saved up from my school fee's before I dropped out. I was going to a private University. So can you go ahead with the advice now🙄?

Young man, calm down and listen to your parents. I'm very sure there's something they want you to do right now and you don't want to do it. Don't mess up your life at that age. You are still much younger. Forget that you are 22 and classified as adult. When life hits you, you'll be confused and totally lost.

Go back and make peace with your parents. Apologize to them and do what they ask you to do. A million naira can't help you go far in life - not in Akwa Ibom or anywhere else in Nigeria. Don't jeopardize your future. Go back and make peace with your parents. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christmas Gift For My Daughters / Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives / My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.