Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? (19738 Views)

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Sirchiboy: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
emperor4love:
Try portharcourt bro

Please break it down with 1m

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by emperor4love(m): 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Please break it down with 1m
in terms of finding job or better hustle place
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by emmykk(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not planning to run away with anyone's money. This is money I saved up from my school fee's before I dropped out. I was going to a private University. So can you go ahead with the advice now🙄?

You don't want your parent to see you again because you have disappointed them for not completing school or saving school fee money to launching improper lifestyle warranted by fear of failing your parents. You are among those who believe school is scam.

My dear a fool and his money will soon part ways.You will not be able to manage the money you didn't sweat for.

However ,since you live in Lagos ,start the pos business in lagos, pos business is a daily income business or do a mentorship with a laundry man before you live your current place and start drycleaning business. Or learn how you can be riding and acquire Keke. These 4 business are daily income business.

Don't ever buy any auto Mobile for any person to be balancing you weekly or daily except you are going to drive it yourself. Otherwise you will be disappointed.

Had it be you still live with your parents I would have advice you buy a plot of land and resale when you are 30 or 26-30years
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by obrien30(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
I have been in your kind of situation, and I don't want to judge you based on your university issue. I have been in your shoe before.

If you feel you can't stay with your parents anymore and can't continue with school for now, you can do these:

1. Learn a good skill like cloud computing, content creation, programming, etc. online and effectively while still at your parent's house. 6 months is enough for this. Don't give up on your YouTubing and content creation on all social media pages. You can also add blogging to it. This might take time to earn a good sum.

2. Join a WhatsApp group of professionals in your field where they send regular jobs. You can also register on Upwork and Fiverr.

3. Bid for jobs and make sure you get. Start with works that give you monthly income of 50K, at least, a month. You can even do more but with this you are sure of money for food and other small bills with proper management.

4. Go to a cheap location than Uyo that has frequent light to start with, and good population. You rent a face me I face you house for 1 year to study the environment.

5. While here, you can keep YouTubing and doing your other stuffs while bidding and getting jobs based on your skill. You study the environment to know the business you can do with your savings.

6. The business you should do there should be less competitive and very profitable. I don't like the POS and Bike idea sha.

7. Any business you do, you should start with small amount while studying it. It should be a business you can oversee yourself while doing your other stuffs. It is only when it stands that you can put someone.

Good luck.

With time, trying starting and completing school even if it is National Open University that gives you time and chance.

yolada:
Nairalanders please help advice me, this is a matter of life and death I don't want to waste this money cry
Let me just go straight to the point

So I have exactly 1 million naira in my bank account and I'll be 22 by 27th of this month (this is not a flex on anybody please)
I don't currently have a job, I live in Lagos and with my parents. But a lot of things happening here and I feel like if I don't leave soon, I might just die.

I plan to move to Akwa Ibom state to go and start a new life on my own even though I haven't been there before. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't smoke. I'm still a virgin, never had sex in my entire life,I don't womanise, I have Zero friends.

So my plan is to move to the state, secure a cheap accommodation like a single room self contain that should not cost anything more than 100-120k a year. After I secure accommodation, I plan on searching for a job that can at least pay the bills. And probably set up a POS business with some of the money that someone else can be running for me. I don't eat too much and I know how to cook.

Now my question is this. Will I be able to survive for some time in the state with that amount of money pending till I get a job?
And how much is the average rent for a single room self contain in akwa Ibom?

nlfpmod Myndd44 farano RoyalRoy
Disguy justwise lalasticlala - Please for the love of God cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by buttlover(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Run o. Akwaibom people are heartless especially if they know you are not from there. You will be like a third class citizen. Use 700k buy clean keke maruwa. Find someone to be remitting 3 to 4 k daily. I'll choose calabar instead
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by YhubieIsidore(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
I'm an Akwa Ibomite. I'll give you a very honest opinion. Having stayed in lagos gives you resilience and an hustling spirit. 1 million Naira can set you up comfortably in akwa ibom...

Instead of contemplating POS, scout a more viable business for that amount to grow it. Every hustler is a potential billionaire in akwa ibom because you have a flex the indigenes don't have. And don't worry, it's the most foreigner friendly state you can think of so you're safe.

If you have any more questions, dm

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by eroticecstasy: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:

Are you talking from experience?

Nigerians are so judgmental, does anyone knows if his parents forced him to study a course he's not capable of? We are too quick to judge.

My contribution.
- Your destiny is in your hands, whatsoever you do today will have negative or positive impacts tomorrow, plan wisely.

- Akwa Ibom is a good option, I wouldn't condemn the idea of POS, but don't depend on it.

- Setup a trading business, few hundred thousand can start up. Study the environment you wish to stay and identity products you can buy from Lagos and market there.

- Cost of living in Uyo is very cheap, every other thing is cheap as well, but one cheap commodity I'll ask you to flee from are those organic pussys. They'll destroy your body, soul, spirit and finances.

Lastly, I'll offer free consultation if needed.

Akwa Ibom ado okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Sirchiboy: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
emperor4love:
in terms of finding job or better hustle place
Yes finding job
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by alcuin(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Please get the fu*k out of here. They are not aware, go and tell them. Asking stupid questions. Someone asked for a simple advice you don turn am to interrogation. They are not aware that I dropped out, go and tell them... Can't some of you be reasonable sef?

See person wey dey find advice. grin
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Iceking1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
Clem20:
POS is out of it ... Bike bussiness is totally out of it... You can do mini-imports... That's what I do as a side hustle... You can do buying and selling of things like clothes bags etc... Mini-imports is sha the best and with just a quarter of that 1m you can buy goods sell and make profit and all... My opinion...

Good morning
Please I wouldn't loved to start up this mini importation that you speak of, how do I begin?
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Quebec91(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
yolada:
Please get the fu*k out of here. They are not aware, go and tell them. Asking stupid questions. Someone asked for a simple advice you don turn am to interrogation. They are not aware that I dropped out, go and tell them... Can't some of you be reasonable sef?
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Solutns: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Learning a skill is the best gift anyman can have, because it will open for you doors of opportunities, if the situation is wat you can manage, I would advise you stay put with your parents, don't rush to leave now, there is no amount of money at hand that you won't finish spending, endure the period, equip yourself with necessary skill before leaving your parents out....The grass is not always green at the other side..
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by eroticecstasy: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
buttlover:
Run o. Akwaibom people are heartless especially if they know you are not from there. You will be like a third class citizen. Use 700k buy clean keke maruwa. Find someone to be remitting 3 to 4 k daily. I'll choose calabar instead

Even the devil knows you're lying.

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Cchuks27(m): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
Young man, please, whatever your reason for running away from your family (especially if it's because you dropped out of school) please do not. Swallow your pride and go back to school, please. Things are not easy for graduates and talk more of those that did not go to school at all.

Please, I do not know you personally, but please return to school. I wish you can contact me and I will tell you my own story.

I wish you the very best.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Orionis: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
1 Million is not a lot of money. Chill, whatever issue you’re going through now will pass. Trust me amigo.

Go back to school, learn a digital skill while at it. There’s nothing for you in Akwa Ibom. It’s a dry state. I lived there before I relocated.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Meerahbel: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
undecided
henrimoto:
...You know "Nathing". Na the same whatsapp group you and the OP dey.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by BornToSucced(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
I am from Akwa Ibom and i can guarantee you that my state is the safest, affordable, and environmentally friendly in Nigeria.

However, one of the greatest challenges in the state is unemployment, although there are lots of thriving SMEs across the state.

My greatest concern isn't you going to Akwa Ibom, but what you want to offer to Akwa Ibomites. Okada was since banned within Uyo and environs, and the POS businesses within the states have been severely impacted by stiffed competition and unfavorable banking policies of Emefile and Buharinomics.

My advice - discard those 2 business ideas ASAP. In addition, don't even venture into any business you cannot manage yourself - I see you emphasizing that you intend to employ people to manage for you....who does that for a new business?

Do this:
Do a market assessment when you visit Uyo, and explore what products (food items, essentials, fashion etc.) that you can trade between Uyo and Lagos (buy and sell). In this way, you trade & learn without wasting money on rentals and equipment. When you have gained a solid graps of your craft, you can then disburse your 1m into it.

Lastly, be focused also to avoid being distracted by my hospitable, pretty, and ever loving sisters cheesy

Cheers!
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by ruffhandu: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Nairalanders please help advice me, this is a matter of life and death I don't want to waste this money cry

So I have exactly 1 million naira in my bank account and I'll be 22 by 27th of this month (this is not a flex on anybody please)
I don't currently have a job, I live in Lagos and with my parents. But a lot of things happening here and I feel like if I don't leave soon, I might just die.

I plan to move to Akwa Ibom state to go and start a new life on my own even though I haven't been there before. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't smoke. I'm still a virgin, never had sex in my entire life,I don't womanise, I have Zero friends.

So my plan is to move to the state, secure a cheap accommodation like a single room self contain that should not cost anything more than 100-120k a year. After I secure accommodation, I plan on searching for a job that can at least pay the bills. And probably set up a POS business with some of the money that someone else can be running for me. I don't eat too much and I know how to cook.

Now my question is this. Will I be able to survive for some time in the state with that amount of money pending till I get a job?

My write-up may be long, I don't care.
Young man, I was forced to 'chuk' mouth inside this your matter, i almost passed. Your business sense shows you are like a hawk suddenly freed from a cage she hatched into, not knowing that if she doesn't hunt out there she will become a prey. POS and Okada seem to be the only businesses you know. And the funny thing is that you have not brought yourself to ft into these 'business ideas' of yours. You will open a POS business and put someone to manage it. You will buy okada and give someone to pay you every week. And that is how easy life sounds to you?

If you had said "I will buy okada and open a POS, I run okada in the morning and retire to the POS spot in the evening" or "I will buy okada and be riding until I get a better job", or "I will start a POS business for now so that I can be feeding until I get something better", then I would take you more seriously.

Also, when you come to a public forum like this and seek advice, some people will abuse you while offering their advice. Ignore the insult and take the advice. But perhaps because of your age (note that some of your age-mates have more than one child), your naivety may still be ignored.

I know you may not give all the details of what led to this decision, but if know you more than this, I may be of great help to you. Note that a 16 year old earning 12k per month may feel on top of the world, either because that money buys more stuff than he needed, or because he earns more than his peers around him. But give it 3 years max and he starts whining about meagre pay. 1m may look big to you, but it can be blown in one night. Think if you are kidnapped now and the bad people hold you down until they clear your account. What next will you do if this money is gone? That is the life you need to start living already, like the money is gone.

If you must relocate, I suggest you get hooked with someone in that place already. And don't make it look like you are coming like Dangote pickin, let it be like you only have access to 50k, after which you are empty. Then you should start looking to squat with someone and start even if it a manual labour job to be able to pay the bills asap. That will also help reset your brain. Then you start seeing life through the right prism. It is then you will appreciate how much your parents have been able to labour to give you all the comfort you have had. I know you are an adult, but trust me, as a young man, when you get your own place without a brain reset, somehow 'girlfriend' will enter the equation. And once that happens, you are heading to the rocks already.

In the the midst of your hussling, think of going back to a higher institution where you are, even if it is open university E get why. meanwhile, go put that 900k or 950k in a fixed deposit until your brain has reset. While you are struggling to make ends meet with determination, if you are business savvy, then you will know the kind of business that suits your new environment.

Another you can do if you don't have eye for business but have eye for ICT is to learn a soft skill NOW, as in NOW. Programming, data analysis, Full stack, whatever. With that you can look for a job and start a career. . But if I know your story, I can also advise how you can travel out of the country, but with the support of your parents, without spending too much. Na there I go advise you how settle down quick and then grow because many factors impede success naturally in Nigeria for the upright man.

Your future is bright, don't let any man rob you of it.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Adek15(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
My advice: register on AltSchool and apply for a tech skill. Learn it dilligentky for one year while receiving insults from your parents. Don’t let that bother you.

After a year, apply for internships. Immediately you get one, then you can go live in Uyo. Uyo is a very nice place to live. You can live there and work from home.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by itsene: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
From your questions I don't think you have what you say you have.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Sonicroyel: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:

This is me!!!
After youth service this was my predicament and here I am in akwa ibom enjoying life to it's fullest.. akwa Ibom is relatively less expensive I left Lagos too because I couldn't get an apartment I could conveniently sustain in my opinion I'll say go for it. I'm 23 myself zero friends too
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by LUAN1: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

The school you did not finish is reflecting in your business ideas, POS, Okada ...

I felt bad reading this because at a point I Was doing the pos business as a graduate, not as a dropout. I was really out of ideas, and I was desperate to start up something due to lack of Job.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Hotice085: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not from Akwa Ibom state ohh cry which other business do you suggest? Why not POS? That's the easiest I know to start up that is not capital intensive. Although I'm also considering buying a used bike for someone to ride for me and pay me weekly cry

Don't give anybody to ride for you, either you do it yourself or learn any skill though

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by LUAN1: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sonicroyel:

This is me!!!
After youth service this was my predicament and here I am in akwa ibom enjoying life to it's fullest.. akwa Ibom is relatively less expensive I left Lagos too because I couldn't get an apartment I could conveniently sustain in my opinion I'll say go for it. I'm 23 myself zero friends too
what are you doing in akwa ibom that you are enjoying. No jobs, only selected business are moving
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Meteng: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Highorbit7O16:
Avoid Ukanafun, Ika, Etim ekpo, Nsit ibritam
Infact consider only Uyo, Ikot ekpene, Abak, Etinan.
For a 22 year old,I hope U don't look childish too, else they'll chance u.
grin
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by LUAN1: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Adek15:
My advice: register on AltSchool and apply for a tech skill. Learn it dilligentky for one year while receiving insults from your parents. Don’t let that bother you.

After a year, apply for internships. Immediately you get one, then you can go live in Uyo. Uyo is a very nice place to live. You can live there and work from home.

are you in uyo

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Hotice085: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

Isn't that the same stealing he said .. and why on earth would you drop out?

Thank God you brought the matter here . please just take that money and go and finish school first.. then you can relocate with another money...

The school you did not finish is reflecting in your business ideas, POS, Okada ...

Go back and finish school it shall be well with you..you would hate yourself if the money finishes and you are stranded..but with a degree you can at least get a decent job..or research and build a decent biz

Those that have finished schools even with first class are selling and hawking around you are talking about school
So can't he be building his business and be schooling at the same time, you are just talking rubbish?
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Hotice085: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
LUAN1:
what are you doing in akwa ibom that you are enjoying. No jobs, only selected business are moving

Get a skill first or ordinary buying and selling will survive you

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by LUAN1: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hotice085:

Get a skill first or ordinary buying and selling will survive you
Yes
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by nattyGENT: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
My friend, 1million will make you comfortable in Akwa Ibom State. But if you have actually acquired a soft skill like barbing then you will triple that money in no time plus your POS side hustle, but if you want to search for a job here "Akwa Ibom State" eyaa will be your baptismal name.

But you can contact me for more advice.
Welcome to the "Land of Fulfilment"
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Makeorbreak: 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
For all I care, you are young and naive, and your story reminds me of the prodigal son in the Bible. Go complete your education and fix up the issue you have with your parent. Don't let the million in your account to deceive you. Stay humble. Honor your parent, and at the right time, you'll leave them when you have all it takes to be alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group / Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.