Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? (19784 Views)

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / How I Survive In Nigeria Earning #300,000 Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by LikeAking: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Nairalanders please help advice me, this is a matter of life and death I don't want to waste this money cry
Let me just go straight to the point

So I have exactly 1 million naira in my bank account and I'll be 22 by 27th of this month (this is not a flex on anybody please)
I don't currently have a job, I live in Lagos and with my parents. But a lot of things happening here and I feel like if I don't leave soon, I might just die.

I plan to move to Akwa Ibom state to go and start a new life on my own even though I haven't been there before. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't smoke. I'm still a virgin, never had sex in my entire life,I don't womanise, I have Zero friends.

So my plan is to move to the state, secure a cheap accommodation like a single room self contain that should not cost anything more than 100-120k a year. After I secure accommodation, I plan on searching for a job that can at least pay the bills. And probably set up a POS business with some of the money that someone else can be running for me. I don't eat too much and I know how to cook.

Now my question is this. Will I be able to survive for some time in the state with that amount of money pending till I get a job?
And how much is the average rent for a single room self contain in akwa Ibom?

nlfpmod Myndd44 farano RoyalRoy
Disguy justwise lalasticlala - Please for the love of God cry

You are not ready for the real world, stay with your parents.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by IamV: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2023
on a side note;

due to the high rate of fake news & propaganda making nairaland frontpage,we have decided to create a thread to counter those fake news & propaganda.
It's also disheartening that those news are spread by big news outlets & blogs, nevertheless, it's our duty to mitigate their acceptability to the general public.

Don't try that news yet!

here's the link to the thread ;
https://www.nairaland.com/7717975/fake-news-filtering-thread-dont
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by sacajawea: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Yunction

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by investorajayi: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2023
Red mi
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by TheGift: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2023
If He is able to grow and multiply a portion of that 1m in a cash flow, FMCG business , Yes!

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2023
Why not, life there is less expensive than cities like Potharcourt, Lagos
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Chetas81(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
Them go use toto collect everything from your unless you get god

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by harqinhola(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
Gabreil2121:

What technical skill would you advise someone to learn?

It actually depends on what you find interesting . There are lots of options . For instance, taking a safety management short course can get you a decent job in Akwa Ibom . There are lots of job offers there Or Crane driving or AC servicing or plumbing etc…..

You can learn this things within 6-12months and be master in it (without going to UNI) . With your #1million you’ll be big boy .
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Ismael97(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Please get the fu*k out of here. They are not aware, go and tell them. Asking stupid questions. Someone asked for a simple advice you don turn am to interrogation. They are not aware that I dropped out, go and tell them... Can't some of you be reasonable sef?

Don't mind them. Nairaland is filled with miscreants now. It's pathetic.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by RecentHistory: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not from Akwa Ibom state ohh cry which other business do you suggest? Why not POS? That's the easiest I know to start up that is not capital intensive. Although I'm also considering buying a used bike for someone to ride for me and pay me weekly cry

At your age, don't give anyone your business to manage for you.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by ghettochild(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
Run the pos business yourself ooo otherwise na cry go end am.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by yolada: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

At your age, don't give anyone your business to manage for you.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
Nairalanders please help advice me, this is a matter of life and death I don't want to waste this money cry

So I have exactly 1 million naira in my bank account and I'll be 22 by 27th of this month (this is not a flex on anybody please)
I don't currently have a job, I live in Lagos and with my parents. But a lot of things happening here and I feel like if I don't leave soon, I might just die.

I plan to move to Akwa Ibom state to go and start a new life on my own even though I haven't been there before. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't smoke. I'm still a virgin, never had sex in my entire life,I don't womanise, I have Zero friends.

So my plan is to move to the state, secure a cheap accommodation like a single room self contain that should not cost anything more than 100-120k a year. After I secure accommodation, I plan on searching for a job that can at least pay the bills. And probably set up a POS business with some of the money that someone else can be running for me. I don't eat too much and I know how to cook.

Now my question is this. Will I be able to survive for some time in the state with that amount of money pending till I get a job?

You can consider job prospect too so you don't exhaust the funds without corresponding income...Benin is cheap likewise, or Ibadan to some extent

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Ynix(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:

nlfpmod Myndd44 farano RoyalRoy
Disguy justwise lalasticlala - Please for the love of God cry

It's good you are 22 and you have 1M but to start with behave as if you don't have a dime. Meanwhile why did you choose Akwa ibom, you have a lot of questions to ask.
Where do you see yourself in 5 to 7 years time.
My advice to you before going any where go watch about purpose and vision by Myles Monroe on youtube.
Get this books

The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
Or watch the sumarry on youtube

Sell like Crazy by Sabri Suby

Small Business Big Money by Akin Alabi

How to Sell to Nigerians by Akin Alabi

Get you life map well before going anywhere so you don't end like the prodigal son

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by jamesversion: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
[b][/b]
yolada:
I'm not from Akwa Ibom state ohh cry which other business do you suggest? Why not POS? That's the easiest I know to start up that is not capital intensive. Although I'm also considering buying a used bike for someone to ride for me and pay me weekly cry

Please avoid Port Harcourt at all cost, though richer with more opportunities than Uyo, the girls here will drain you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by yolada: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2023
Itohan22:

You can consider job prospect too so you don't exhaust the funds without corresponding income...Benin is cheap likewise, or Ibadan to some extent
cultism in Benin is too much cry
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2023
Mindlog:

You need to first fu...ck yourself real good and hard until you come to the realization that transference won't solve your issues.

You reflected stu.pidity by dropping out of school and intending to flee home with no skill because you think N1m is a huge sum but it is said "a fool and his money are soon parted".
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Collins4u1(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2023
At 22,
you're under your parents roof, eating free food, not paying rent nor taking care of everyone.

You're running away probably because you don't want them to bug you with advice that will help you.

in your mind, you've grown and you've 1mil in your account.
big boy, rich kid. that money will finish before you say jack and you're story won't be far from the prodigal son's own.

Nigeria is hard now, Listen to the gods you've close to you and pray to God for better life.

Abandoning your education isn't wise, you're not mark Zuckerberg,.

14 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by SmartyPants(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2023
Why Akwa Ibom?

1 million is not really a lot of money. In a state like Akwa Ibom, you can survive for a while but I don't think it will be easy to multiply that sum so the risk of depleting it without finding anything meaningful to do is very real.

I would advise that you set aside 3 months to learn a relevant tech skill and try to get employed in the global economy.

Content writing
SEO
Front End Development
Graphics and Motion design

These are some of the easier pathways. If you're up for the challenge you may consider backend development, data analysis and so on.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by sylve11: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

Isn't that the same stealing he said .. and why on earth would you drop out?

Thank God you brought the matter here . please just take that money and go and finish school first.. then you can relocate with another money...

The school you did not finish is reflecting in your business ideas, POS, Okada ...

Go back and finish school it shall be well with you..you would hate yourself if the money finishes and you are stranded..but with a degree you can at least get a decent job..or research and build a decent biz

grin grin grin cool

6 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by fabolouz1(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2023
You need not tell people about your private life .
You can survive with less .

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Ameboperoo(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
I'm not planning to run away with anyone's money. This is money I saved up from my school fee's before I dropped out. I was going to a private University. So can you go ahead with the advice now🙄?
Why not go back to a public school with that money and be doin side hustle to sustain yourself? You can get an accommodation off campus and remain after shcool vacation to continue your hustle

6 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
u are not wise

Someone is asking u a reasonable question as regards what u asked n u are angry, I believe u will take advice from anyone who doesn’t care so far it suits your narrative

See if truly u drop out n u think one million will make u for life I can tell u wholeheartedly today that u will squander d money n go back to those same parents, this time they will put u in mechanic shop n enrol u in part time so u can have sense

U think 1m is that much abi, in few months time when u make useless decisions your eye go clear
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Kubin: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2023
Come to portharcourt u can get 1room self-cont of 150k, then start your pos business,or you rent small shop and become betking agent, with 600k, u can achieve that,you do it in line with your pos business,you will make it as long as you don't play game,or you start food business, just learn how to do shawarma,pizza,fried chicken, Jellof rice and fride rice,rent small shop and package it very well,with 600k you can achieve that also,you can also use 1month to learn how to prepare those things,if you can do it very well within some months you will be counting in million, lastly fashion pH too like fashion buy from Aba and sell in pH,I can teach you that if u want me to,they are other business you can do that will earn your a lot of money in pH,I have lived in uyo before relocating back to pH,am very happy for my decision,I know how much am controlling within a short period.is a matter of hardworking and focus.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by mployer(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2023
I will be honest with you,

You won't survive with the 1m.

Settle the issue with your parents, start whatever you want in Lagos.

Go back to school if you can or start weekend school programs in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by NoToPile: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2023
This kain thread ehn.
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
u are not wise

Someone is asking u a reasonable question as regards what u asked n u are angry, I believe u will take advice from anyone who doesn’t care so far it suits your narrative

See if truly u drop out n u think one million will make u for life I can tell u wholeheartedly today that u will squander d money n go back to those same parents, this time they will put u in mechanic shop n enrol u in part time so u can have sense

U think 1m is that much abi, in few months time when u make useless decisions your eye go clear
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2023
yolada:
cultism in Benin is too much cry
Depends on the area. Benin is calm compared to the larger Edo state. Just don't reveal cash publicly, POS is off the list. Package yourself well for other jobs or Business. A room self contain, a really good one won't cost more than 80k without any agent stuff
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by henrimoto(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
u still dey correct people English

We wait for your subsequent threads in few months time
...😆😆😆
Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by chieveboy(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2023
If your life is as stake like you stated, I think you should take care of that immediately.

People forecasting doom are equally not experienced in life if you look at it wholly.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? by Clem20(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2023
POS is out of it ... Bike bussiness is totally out of it... You can do mini-imports... That's what I do as a side hustle... You can do buying and selling of things like clothes bags etc... Mini-imports is sha the best and with just a quarter of that 1m you can buy goods sell and make profit and all... My opinion...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Was Going Through Your Mind While Walking down the Aisle. / My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.