Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma (44161 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Tingotoe: 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Thegamingorca(m): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:

Even the bible says a man's gift maketh way for him. The pastor should carry mic and sing if it is easy.

Isn't the Bible against using one's supposed gift for material gains grin
Jesus never charged a dime for miracles angry
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by djseanjohn77: 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFHYNnORGI

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/08/mercy-chinwo-now-charges-n10m-to-perform-in-churches-rev-fr-oluoma-slams-gospel-singers-video/

Islam no kuku get time for all this nonsense, even if you will come and do such, shishi them no go give you, not even in their sacred worship place. But you see us Christians, we will even be throwing money up and down, like we are in a club house.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by OtuologyProf(m): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
superCleanworks:
oya let's sit down and watch this argument

"Daddy you love me too much oooooh..."
It depends on the daddy.
A lady should make money either ways, i'm not against it.
But what I find funny is a man crying as if he is dashing his congregation money
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Carlylepneuma: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Oga if u can't pay comot body for who fit pay after all na religion of entertainment...
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by treatise: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by LikeAking: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Dey play!
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by motionarena: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin

So make she sing for free.
God gave her talent to make money make she dey perform 4 free
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by braveboi4life: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
This is horrible, Its a mamonic trend, I love their music but I don't envy what they do.
I was drafted in a committee in church to source for gospel artiste, what I saw was horrible.
Only two of them mentioned that they don't charge but expect you make their coming and stay comfortable, which is Ok and gufts were guven afterwards but..the rest gave outrageous bills above 5m, my Pastor warned us to back out of such people
Truly worship is expensive.
Shame on them

6 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by vikstandon(m): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
I just try to balance the Scriptures

1. Freely you are given, give without charging.

2. A man's gift openeth doors for him.

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Waywardson6: 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
I still wonder how people are gullible & fall for this fraud called religion. Especially the lies of so called men of God. See this one, indirectly scamming people in the name of singing for Christ. Las Las i no blame her, I blame the stupid gullible masses that fall.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by XYZo: 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
exotique1fy:
10 million for anointing to come down! My Gad! cheesy cheesy cheesy

This your spelling of almighty God na wa o cheesy

I read it in the voice of one of our popular pastors cheesy
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Thegamingorca(m): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
motionarena:

She has bills to pay and probably wants to build mansion in Californiaaaaaa a
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by izzou(m): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
motionarena:

Did you see where i said she should sing for free?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by davidtemi(m): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
When God called her how much God collected pls??
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by daveP(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
It is unreasonable.

The temple singing crew and psalmists were in service to God and sang millions of songs that can never cease to be used as lyrics by any gospel singer alive and unborn. Yet we never heard that they did this ridiculous thing.

Imagine doing all of this and alll your songs are still unacceptable by the one you claim to worship. Isn't that vain enough already?

2ndly, we understand all your deals and need to pay this or that, but be considerate. Be reasonable and understanding. The body of Christ is not your enemy that you aren't worried that you are doing this to God's children.

America had this problem in the 80s. We are imitating them now. Some deliberately boycotted many and they went secular. Who lost at the end? These things are ridiculous and should not be done in such a way.

You're coming to a local church of 100 and their total net worth is not up to 3million and you still proudly and in defiance, insisted. Is the Holy spirit in you atall?

To me, as with every reasonable person out there, your music is useless if it is not acceptable in heaven. This should be the whole concern of any Gospel artiste in general.

Mercy Chinwo is a fav of mine. But this is ridiculous.

In other ways, churches that have financial means should rather encourage and help free and engaged volunteers that contribute to a successful running of affairs in some way. They are using man-hours to ensure nothing ruins the flow backstage. Give them gifts, fund their fees, rent, healthcare, take them on a trip to enjoy and know that you appreciate them. They are not slaves.

It's better you do this to 100 dedicated workers than to throw away such funds to any artistes that charges you because you want the tag that "this big star ministered in our church o"

Keep your workers happy. They deserve it. No be everytime you touch their tired shoulders and say God bless you. Do better!!!

6 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by motionarena: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:

Did you see where i said she should sing for free?

Seems u want to meet ur ancestors
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by SmartyPants(m): 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for people to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

This idea of importing worldly practices into the Church is problematic. The Biblical template for ministers is "freely have ye recieved, freely ye shall give"

The idea that riches should be an enticement for ministers to remain in the fold also has no scriptural backing. You dont remain in the fold for financial rewards. You remain because of your commitment to Jesus.

And while being committed to him, you do so with the understanding that your reward is from Him and He will provide your needs.

It is a difficult doctrine but that is why Jesus said narrow is the way (difficult) and strait are the gates (uncomfortable) that lead to life, and few there be that find it.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by mojysiola(f): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her
You made me laugh with this comment seriously
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by gaby(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
How much does the pastor charge for miracles and giving hopeless hopes to milk the congregants through tithes and offerings?

How much do they charge as school fees where they have schools?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by paskal16: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
So as things hard she no go hustle ni
Singing gospel songs is her hustle
She uses money to produce songs and videos
So let her be abeg
Dem no dey pluck money from tree
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by mpire: 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2023
seyicodes:
Please people learn about Islam yourself and not what the media says about Islam. It's the only way to paradise. Please don't curse me.

You won't even smell paradise where you're heading. What is there to learn about a guy that married a 7yr old girl, and had sex with her when she was 9?
Go read Satanic Verses first, at least that's written by your fellow Muslim whom you've been trying to assassinate for decades. You're in total darkness, hope you don't die before you realise then it will be too late.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by izonborn098(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
Felabrity:
She is an entertainer
She get family to feed
And Fuel don cost
she is now an entertainer, i was thinking she is doing the work of GOD, christianity
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by slivertongue: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
Felabrity:
She is an entertainer
She get family to feed
And Fuel don cost

Gospel is for entertainment
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by ogascomax: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
This was what the man of God pastor Chris stopped that some people don't understand. Because of it some of our top gospel singers could not stay because of the fame they have gotten and the money involve.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by BluntCrazeMan: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mercy Chinwo will now rush to respond to this...

Not knowing that her name wasn't really mentioned..
But a message was passed using her name.

It wasn't the priest who called the amount sef..
He was even surprised that the amount is even up to N10m.

He was expecting to hear N2m or highest N5m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
In those days, those who composed songs we are still using for worshipping nobody even knows them

Word.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by chipet67(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
While he said the money is outrageous, he also added that if you must invite them please pay them.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by KingAzubuike(f): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin
I swear. Ordinary saxophonist sef go tell you to bring 500k to perform. Even drummer dey charge money.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by wallex1983(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
That's where the problem is 'perform'...

If she wants to perform. She can charge anything.
You didn't invite her to minister. You invited her to perform.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.