Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma (44155 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Ilaje1: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
babakb:

Stale, Islam remains the fastest growing religion across the world.

Come back to the path of your creator and cherisher, Allah the Al mighty the Wise.

Fastest growing? Who is deceiving you? Yet they are using force to tie people down. Do you know how many people change from Islam to other religions even in the middle east? Do you know how that want to change but fear that he or she might be killed by your fellow esin imole? Even Adewale Ayuba was afraid of coming to say he's now a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by ppogba: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
If only the Rev. Fr' s name had not been CHINEYE OLUOMA,, the tribal outrage would have been monumental.

A wonderful message is being passed now without the messenger being attacked.

The whole world is watching and waiting.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin

You eh... Lol @ padre, no vex... Looool
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by DollarSigns(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.
Again I disagree, I’ll paint a quick scenario
The pastor watched the Mercy lady sing, Jesus you love me too much, he saw the cries on her face, emotions are contagious, he wants a live experience with that effect on his members to edify them especially the ones going through depression
He approaches her, she gives a bill of 10m
Quickly compare, isn’t that a case of her hawking her talents in the temple of God
What did Jesus call such people carrying out trades in God’s temple? Swines I believe they’re called and they ought to be chased out and their ploys stopped
But alas, the Nigerian Christians celebrate such acts like the Pharisees did when they saw nothing wrong in temple trading

What if the pastor genuinely wanted his members to feel the experience, he didn’t bother to make extra publicity etc, the Mercy should just go ahead with her 20-30 min max 10m performance , no cares whether the widows in the church had to contribute their mite for the experience
Is that true Christianity

For her mind she’s doing the work of the lord
In doing the work of the lord, you don’t depend that the vineyard must fund your lifestyle, fuel your livelihood, otherwise it becomes an occupation.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Timblogga: 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
DollarSigns:

Again I disagree, I’ll paint a quick scenario
The pastor watched the Mercy lady sing, Jesus you love me too much, he saw the cries on her face, emotions are contagious, he wants a live experience with that effect on his members to edify them especially the ones going through depression
He approaches her, she gives a bill of 10m
Quickly compare, isn’t that a case of her hawking her talents in the temple of God
What did Jesus call such people carrying out trades in God’s temple? Swines I believe they’re called and they ought to be chased out and their ploys stopped
But alas, the Nigerian Christians celebrate such acts like the Pharisees did when they saw nothing wrong in temple trading

What if the pastor genuinely wanted his members to feel the experience, he didn’t bother to make extra publicity etc, the Mercy should just go ahead with her 20-30 min max 10m performance , no cares whether the widows in the church had to contribute their mite for the experience
Is that true Christianity

For her mind she’s doing the work of the lord
In doing the work of the lord, you don’t depend that the vineyard must fund your lifestyle, fuel your livelihood, otherwise it becomes an occupation.

He should watch his church choir sing for free.
It is that simple.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Careente7(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Why should Gospel musicians expect to be paid similarly, aren't dey singing praises to God in order to win souls? Isn't vanity, vanity again? grin
Dey play! Vanity don change course.😊
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by DollarSigns(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:

He should watch his church choir sing for free.
It is that simple.
Oya na so Christianity should now have VIPs and others
Not good🥺🥺🥺
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
Gospel Ministers vs Gospel Artistes.

Pastors vs Motivational Speakers.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by emekajacobogbon(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
Throwback:
The artiste soon realise that the church itself is an enterprise, so they charge the clergy who inturn pass the bill to the customers.
You are a good literature student.
You just nailed it.
Those pastors are something else
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by obailala(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
The way blogger and journalists dubiously twist information needs to be studied.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
Pocohantas, lol @Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a [/b]retard[b]... You no serious o, lol
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by JOemmy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
This Rev. Father really have a point oh the nigerian christains of old that sang great worship songs that's even more inspirational than that of mercy chinwo nobody really knows them.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Allisgud: 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
I love this quote from that cleric🤣🤣🤣🤣 So if that particular artiste doesn’t sing Jesus you love me too much, that means God didn’t love you too much?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Pastor137(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
This is very sad honestly
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by RomanGreen: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her

Hahahaha, you guys are funny in this forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by GHoJes: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by mpire: 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ilaje1:

Fastest growing? Who is deceiving you? Yet they are using force to tie people down. Do you know hoe many people change from Islam to other religions even in the middle east? Do you know how that want to change but fear that he or she might be killed by your fellow esin imole?

He's right, Islam the fastest growing number of people in hell.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by folake4u(f): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin

Same here. I don't find their songs edifying at all.

They're just hustlers.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
djseanjohn77:

Islam no kuku get time for all this nonsense, even if you will come and do such, shishi them no go give you, not even in their sacred worship place. But you see us Christians, we will even be throwing money up and down, like we are in a club house.

No insult intended, but I disagree with you about this... Seems you've not been to such Islamic gathering before

Trust me, one of the [/b]BEST[b] fundraisers I've seen are Alfas... Some Alfas can raise 1m in one sitting, as in, they'll tell you the amount, then as people drop money, they'll be calculating it in the presence of everyone UNTIL IT GETS TO THE AMOUNT THEY WANT

This isn't limited to just the Christian religion, that's my point
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by slowice(m): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Though I feel like it's a bit high but it's her work. Her only work.

But make she sef reduce price small
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by mastermaestro(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
daveP:
It is unreasonable.

The temple singing crew and psalmists were in service to God and sang millions of songs that can never cease to be used as lyrics by any gospel singer alive and unborn. Yet we never heard that they did this ridiculous thing.

Imagine doing all of this and alll your songs are still unacceptable by the one you claim to worship. Isn't that vain enough already?

2ndly, we understand all your deals and need to pay this or that, but be considerate. Be reasonable and understanding. The body of Christ is not your enemy that you aren't worried that you are doing this to God's children.

America had this problem in the 80s. We are imitating them now. Some deliberately boycotted many and they went secular. Who lost at the end? These things are ridiculous and should not be done in such a way.

You're coming to a local church of 100 and their total net worth is not up to 3million and you still proudly and in defiance, insisted. Is the Holy spirit in you atall?

To me, as with every reasonable person out there, your music is useless if it is not acceptable in heaven. This should be the whole concern of any Gospel artiste in general.

Mercy Chinwo is a fav of mine. But this is ridiculous.

In other ways, churches that have financial means should rather encourage and help free and engaged volunteers that contribute to a successful running of affairs in some way. They are using man-hours to ensure nothing ruins the flow backstage. Give them gifts, fund their fees, rent, healthcare, take them on a trip to enjoy and know that you appreciate them. They are not slaves.

It's better you do this to 100 dedicated workers than to throw away such funds to any artistes that charges you because you want the tag that "this big star ministered in our church o"

Keep your workers happy. They deserve it. No be everytime you touch their tired shoulders and say God bless you. Do better!!!

You have spoken beautifully like a wise Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by folake4u(f): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her

I'm never leaving Nairaland. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by King125007(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
If u see the video as should have you would've notice ithe Revd father ask the congregation and someone gave that 10million figure , he now use that figure to buttress his point on the sermon he was making

Where he got it wrong was continuously using the name mercy chinwo that was defamation of character and he can be sued, he could HV use "gospel artist"instead

Why talked down on someone that way.

Can we now ask the Revd father why the Catholic church pay him, provide him accomodation, feed him, sometimes give dem cars?

Since he is doing the work of God as he want us to blive why didn't he do it free of charge , preach and go home , work Nd feed himself?

Since all the churches pay pastors , why can't they pay the other church workers

Churches should start paying ushers
Churches should start paying choir
Churches should start paying cleaners
Instrumentalist already won that salary battle, ask any instrumentalists in the 90s it was not an easy battle , dey were blackmail with the Bible, told Dy will go to hell etc

They are not paying tax , so imagine the amount of employment Dy will create will this employment in the churches nationwide

You can't expect someone to spend 2-3days in ur establishment without any form of payment nor stipend

The properity mandate of come to stay, the church of God is rich and will continue to be rich..

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Ebenezer2021(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
seyicodes:
Please people learn about Islam yourself and not what the media says about Islam. It's the only way to paradise. Please don't curse me.
Islam itself is deception

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by folake4u(f): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
ednut1:
Must you invite Mercy Chinwo

THISSSSS!!!
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by JOemmy(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
seyicodes:
Please people learn about Islam yourself and not what the media says about Islam. It's the only way to paradise. Please don't curse me.

Most christains don't like ur religion because it teaches bleeping virgins in heaven in the afterlife instead of worshipping God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by jaxxy(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
They are using it to feed not serve anybody or God.

if u use it to serve u can charge for ur expenses bt u will also accept what people can offer also depending on the importance to ur calling.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Daniluv1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.

Don't mind them most if these pastors are looking for people to use to their own advantage only.

Do you know the crowd and new members she would pull to the church if invited?
That also means more tithes and offerings but to pay their own instrumentalists na problem
But you see them changing cars everytime.

Abeg bill them make them bill God

Ask them if she would have gone far or gotten more recognized if her music sound production wasn't top notch and of high quality standard, now ask them how would she maintain such quality sound production without money or I guess they think the production is free or peanut lol.

She would eat and producer will also eat.
Abi pastor nor dey eat?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by seyicodes(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2023
Please read Quran yourself
JOemmy:

Most christains don't like ur religion because it teaches bleeping virgins in heaven in the afterlife instead of worshipping God almighty.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by izzou(m): 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
folake4u:

Same here. I don't find their songs edifying at all.

They're just hustlers.

It was the Reverend Father that thought they were "Apostle-Paul-like" grin

Our condolences to him.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by GHoJes: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ratings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota / 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.