Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma (44160 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by excel101(m): 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
Does it mean that Churches no longer have choristers, or it that her performance and #10m appearance fee brings the Holy ghost from heaven. People of God start thinking.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by exotique1fy(f): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
mirexxx:
Davido and the rest no dey bring anointing down yet they collect huge amounts of money. Mercy deserves more since anointing will come down via her performance.

😒
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Iseoluwani: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
babakb:

Stale, Islam remains the fastest growing religion across the world.

Come back to the path of your creator and cherisher, Allah the Al mighty the Wise.

Booring
A rel.GIO.N that's kills infidels at will.
Wait , come to think of it. All global terrorists claim to be Muslims. Did u see a Christian claim any bomb incident....

Jesus is bae
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by 12inchess: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
grin grin

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Fab21: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970 post=123656299:
That's I don't really get moved anymore when I see this gospel artists performing at functions, because they are only singing because of the money they have charged
. You can't call them without talking to their manager and remitting millions. And that's y the late Osinachi's songs will forever remain a blessing to me and many others, cuz she sang not because of money but from her heart

You said they shouldn't charge the church and you're also condemning them going to functions.

Where did you expect them to get money to pay the band members and fend for their family?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by MrBroke(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
Na mumu dey do religion
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by blaise26abj(m): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.

True and we need to encourage our own to grow . Are they supposed to live in abject poverty because of the Gospel ? How much be studio sessions and music videos . That’s why the world is influencing the church now instead of the other way . Galala, shoki , Awilo, legwork dance moves are regular in church .
Look at how the movie industries and cartoons are pushing the LGBTQ agenda . Even marvel ! But to pay and promote Christian based movies na war . Thank God for Tyler perry and what he is doing .

CHURCHES PAY your artistes and help them grow ! Stream their music online and encourage them . That is the best way to influence the world we live in
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost!
He should take out of the offering and payyyy.

@ D bolded
At d end of d day Christianity in Nigeria is all about business and showbiz. Expecially with the Mega churches. Reason why many of Dem are highly materialistic. Funny thing is you see people falling under anointing during their showbiz
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her

😂
When they over charge, they cry more. Notice it's during their big shows they always cry. Only artist that ministered sincerely and cried real tears is Late Osinachi
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Billygee2u: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Billygee2u: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
They're bunch of hypocrites
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by freemanq(m): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
She is not serious
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Simpubozz(m): 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
I even hear sey some church now dey advertise premier league along with church services lol 😆 .. God Abeg grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Bekboycrs: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
The pastors are also cashing out so she has to take her own too. She work for the Lord, allow her eat from the house of the Lord biko
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
And how much do people pay for Tithe in your church?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Glocal1: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
"Mercy Chinwo @MMercychinwo sang at our service at Lekki last Sunday and the honorarium we gave was at our discretion. She made NO formal charges."By Pastor Poju Oyemade on Twitter
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Felabrity:
She is an entertainer
She get family to feed
And Fuel don cost
Wrong! She's not an entertainer. She's a minister of the gospel through songs.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by tejpot(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin
And there is a readily available market for it.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by CrownLands(m): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
Rev got his facts wrong!
Has he invited @MercyChinwo?
Did Mercy or her management told him she charges N10m to minister?

See what Pst Poju Oyemade said about Mercy.

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by reececlark(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
But same Reverend Father is collecting Tithes and offerings so what do you expect
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Honestfrend: 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
Freetech:
Both of them sre from potopoto region.

They kill for money

They worship money as god

They aren't Christian

Tribal biggot.. U need 2 grow up
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by victorazy(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Outrageous!!! grin No more "Worshipping God in Spirit and Truth" for this gospel artists.

Worshipping God is now expensive.

How much do Dynamite, Midnight Crew and Infinity charge? I believe those one's are more cheaper.

If is expensive then worship with your family grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by JasonScoolari: 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
victorazy:

If is expensive then worship with your family grin
As a fool without home training, you must always involve your family in every issue. 🙂
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by victorazy(m): 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
JasonScoolari:
As a fool I am without home training, i must always involve my family in every issue. 🙂

That's good grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
seyicodes:
Please people learn about Islam yourself and not what the media says about Islam. It's the only way to paradise. Please don't curse me.

God forbid. Both Christianity and Islam are instruments of slavery and colonialism.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
Well spoken pastor. We are all guilty in one way or the other
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by flexyrule(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg. No make me laugh.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Annahh(f): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2023
Even after charging 10m, all you get is dryness, no presence of God in her ministration. Just celebrity status. I was listening to her recent song and all I felt is dryness.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by texazzpete(m): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.

He isn’t saying she should perform for free, and if you’d bothered to read the OP properly, you’d see that it’s a Catholic Priest speaking. Those aren’t exactly known for crazy wealth and there’s no crazy focus on tithes and seed sowing in the vast majority of Catholic parishes in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by KingRoiz: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
With all due respect,gettat. If you can't afford bringing her, leave her alone. And what's wrong with #10M? Na you de feed am? Kpa kpa play her MP3 ,it's almost the same.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Melagros(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?

Pocahontas you missed the point, those secular musicians you mentioned charge high because they are invited to entertain and the organisers sell tickets to recoup their expenses, but the church 'don't' sell tickets, it's free and also the essence of inviting gospel artistes for church programmes is preaching (For the artistes to come and preach)

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by remsonik(f): 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
Well your church choir too can become top gospel singers. Live within the means of the church. Build your chooir dept well, get enough choristers, with good instruments and wonderful instrumentalists. If you build your choir they will be invited to minister at top events and other churches. Some of this celebrity gospel songs are sang for praises better delivered well by the choir with the church dancing and praising God well. May God help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.