Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma (44124 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Espelbengz(m): 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
You are further buttressing his point that said, worship has become entertainment!

pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Outrageous!!! grin No more "Worshipping God in Spirit and Truth" for this gospel artists.

Worshipping God is now expensive.

How much do Dynamite, Midnight Crew and Infinity charge? I believe those one's are more cheaper.

Why not use their in-house choir?

Do you know how much she spends in studio and shooting costs? Promotion, travel, staff, etc?

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by exotique1fy(f): 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
XYZo:

This your spelling of almighty God na wa o cheesy

I read it in the voice of one of our popular pastors cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her
Lol u 're funny
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by folake4u(f): 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
izzou:

It was the Reverend Father that thought they were "Apostle-Paul-like" grin

Our condolences to him.

Na really "Apostle-Paul-like". 😂😂😂😂

Nothing is free even in Freetown.

Abi oh, he should try a cheaper gospel artiste or stick to his local church choir.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Raf4: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
99.9% of all the so called Gospel artistes we have today are nothing but hustlers. They're not so different from the worldly singers. Only very few of them are qualified to be called a Gospel singers.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by bonnyhope: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:

grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
babakb:

It's we Muslims in Nigeria that have failed to spread the religion of Islam, the Fraud called Christianity is at it's lowest now but we Muslims in Nigeria refuse to take advantage and call them to the way of Allah.

May Allah forgive us, some of us live with Christian neighbors for more than 5, 10 or 15 years but never utter a word about Islam to them.
I never see Muslims going on evangelism before orwat do u guys call ur own soul-winning.Is it that u 're ashamed of ur religion
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
u don march line!

oya com dey go.
grin

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.

I am never moved by her songs. I appreciated her video having watched a series at MFM Prayer City Divine Restaurant about three years ago and wondered why she was not yet married and prayed for her. Now, she is married .

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have responded to your entertainment gist because you are too immature to understand the language of the Priest. Also, what Father Oluoma thinks is what many Priests and genuine prophets will think.

Your last paragraph pulled me to respond to this your entertainment gist. You said she would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Can't you see how blinded you are? Spiritually, you are blind. Are they collecting tickets before they enter Church? So, you think it is the crowd that built most of those Catholic and Anglican structures? Is it one Sunday offering that they used to maintain Church? The crowd that would be attracted by Gospel musicians are not the people that bear the burden of the church. One or two people or a group or society can even pay that =N=10M. They did not pay because of Mercy Chinwo but to support the Church. They may never even have anything to do with her music but did it because of the Gospel. There is a difference between Crowd and persons. You can have a Crowd of One thousand but just 10 persons. The crowd came to watch a star playing, the persons are there to support the Priest morally and financially to grow the Church and the Gospel. So, the crowd cannot give offering of =N=10M in the Church even if she sings prosperity songs throughout to induce them to give.

I am not sure if Tope Alabi collected =N=10M from Winners to perform at Shiloh few years back. Also, except you can prove that Tope Alabi performance at that Shiloh Praise Night had significant impact on offering.

Entertainment should be differentiated from Gospel. The Church may decide to even pay honorarium that is above what she expected if they have the capacity, but she should not have used her bill as condition for performance.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Karnice600: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFHYNnORGI

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/08/mercy-chinwo-now-charges-n10m-to-perform-in-churches-rev-fr-oluoma-slams-gospel-singers-video/

Inviting guest artistes to a believers’ program is not a thing for serious minded believers. Thank God for peoples like Nathaniel Bassey.

When I began playing the keyboard for my assembly, I wasn’t paid. I later embraced an offer elsewhere to get paid and I yielded. I never found the heart to tell the Lord I was offering a “reasonable service”, each time I needed to request for higher dimensions of His grace in my Christian life.
I dumped the paying church and went to a church who couldn’t pay and then God began to pay me with those Dimensions of grace I sought for for years. My service had more weight and commanded significant results than when I was paid.
Note, there’s a difference between being appreciated with good sums, from being paid as a salary. For the former, you don’t have a say on whatever is given to you. Sometimes it may not even come. While on the latter you decide what is being given, and may seize to render the service if payment problems arise.
I am not condemning those who get paid. No. I am simply saying if you find a song minister or instrumentalist who cares about his spiritual wellbeing and relationship with God, you’ll find out that he doesn’t attach much significance to monetary benefits in exchange for service in the House of God.
God pays you when men can’t.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
I always trust and knows my BIBLE ... I don't give a damn to any motherfuckers., money worshippers.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by tiswell(m): 2:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
wuked boy shocked grin cheesy
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by tiswell(m): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
Sikay19:
How much to book Asake or Kizz Daniel self shocked
Talk kiss daniel,Asake na local champion
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Berryking(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
How will members of her crew feed? Gospel or not. They have to be paid for their craft. I hope he doesn’t get sued for this
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Rechargeam247(f): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
You aren't serious 😂
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Amumaigwe: 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
seyicodes:
Please people learn about Islam yourself and not what the media says about Islam. It's the only way to paradise. Please don't curse me.

Wilful murder and terrorism can never be a way to paradise.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by xynerise: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
Use your local choir then, abi God no go listen to their songs?

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by prophetfire: 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
grin grin grin grin grin You would think that the tears are from the spirit grin grin grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by TheMostComplex1: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church,
but entered street to make ends meet.

Exactly
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Daniluv1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:

Lol grin grin grin grin

Cry na cry
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by blackgold2018(m): 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Felabrity:
She is an entertainer
She get family to feed
And Fuel don cost
will you mind that priest?🤣

What did you expect, when pastor collects tithes and people sown seeds? You can’t be cashing out and expect gospel musicians not to.

Moreover they need this gospel musicians more in their churches to attract more members.
So you don’t expect to use them without paying them Shi shi
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by AfonjaPriest: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
The man should not complain. Church is big business and any transaction with a gospel singer should be strictly business.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by nwoye72: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
They are all business people not serving God.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by blackgold2018(m): 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
you are a sick fanatic with a poor mind.

What’s wrong with her getting paid

Her band, her flights. Wouldn’t she pay her team??

Or she supposed to do that all free?? You fool.

Don’t she have bills to pay

Wouldn’t she go bankrupt along time if she’s touring free.

IDIOT
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by SaLongs1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
grin grin So you didn't know that you must pay for all the highness of the spirit? You people told us that salvation is free only for us to encounter tithes, offerings, sowing seed, redemption fees etc. Just pay if you can afford it and swerve if you can't.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by lexy2014: 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:
So?

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You only corroborated what the rev father said
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by mirexxx(f): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
exotique1fy:
10 million for anointing to come down! My Gad! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Davido and the rest no dey bring anointing down yet they collect huge amounts of money. Mercy deserves more since anointing will come down via her performance.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
That's I don't really get moved anymore when I see this gospel artists performing at functions, because they are only singing because of the money they have charged. You can't call them without talking to their manager and remitting millions. And that's y the late Osinachi's songs will forever remain a blessing to me and many others, cuz she sang not because of money but from her heart
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by sylve11: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:

Na the character be that na. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
It is pure extortion. Churches in Nigeria have nothing to do with God and spiritually but rather a big business organization.

A lot of poor people will pay tithes and offerings and the foolish pastors will pay 10m Naira to Chinwo for a concert.

I repeat, most Nigerian churches and pastors have nothing do with God and spirituality.

If you like, let one pastor or church maga you, na you sabi.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Nonywendy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.