Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,273 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. (3855 Views)

If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion / Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / Sexual Orientations And Objective Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

Are we talking about the job of a doctor to own or not to own? We're talking about a doctor in relation to a pastor. And for justice, we can only accurately juxtapose that pastor with a doctor who owns a hospital because pastors usually own churches which I called their places of influence.

Even if the doctor does not own a hospital, he still has authority and power according to the limits given to him by the owner of the hospital. Still he can't operate in another hospital where he has not been given any authority or power to operate. In both scenarios, whether he owns the place or not, people go to the hospitals to see doctors. They go to church to see pastors.

Only pastors who owns a church can perform miracles, got you.

If a pastor goes to another church he can’t perform miracles untill he gets authority from the owner of that Church, got you.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

Only pastors who owns a church can perform miracles, got you.

We're talking about a pastors place of influence where you can go meet him. I've explained how pastors could operate outside the church. All I've said is to explain to you what I meant by 'place of influence'.

Just as the doctor who does not own a hospital can operate where he's given authority to operate. A pastor would perform miracles where he's given authority to operate as well, whether he owns the place or not. Church or no church.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

We're talking about a pastors place of influence where you can go meet him. I've explained how pastors could operate outside the church. All I've said is to explain to you what I meant by 'place of influence'.

Just as the doctor who does not own a hospital can operate where he's given authority to operate. A pastor would perform miracles where he's given authority to operate as well, whether he owns the place or not. Church or no church.
Pastors can only be met in the church just like native priests.

A doctor doesn’t need an hospital to operate, and he doesn’t need to be given an authority.
Before you can use yahweh to perform a miracle you need to be given authority from who please?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

Pastors can only be met in the church just like native priests.

A doctor doesn’t need an hospital to operate, and he doesn’t need to be given an authority.
Before you can use yahweh to perform a miracle you need to be given authority from who please?

Jesus Christ!!

Please read my post again. I can't continue repeating myself. I even made an example of my home in relation to Tinubu. I also explained that a doctor can't operate in another hospital without given the authority to treat people there.

What's your profession? No matter what you do, you can't go to another place to do a job without being given permission or authority to work there. it's not a doctor/pastor thing now. Who doesn't know this? You want a pastor to enter a hospital and start healing without being invited. Does he own the hospital? Who gave him the permission to do so?

Pastors can heal anywhere you meet them. A simple words as 'Please pray for me.' is all the power and authority a pastor needs to start praying for you.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

Jesus Christ!!

Please read my post again. I can't continue repeating myself. I even made an example of my home in relation to Tinubu. I also explained that a doctor can't operate in another hospital without given the authority to treat people there.

What's your profession? No matter what you do, you can't go to another place to do a job without being given permission or authority to work there. it's not a doctor/pastor thing now. Who doesn't know this? You want a pastor to enter a hospital and start healing without being invited. Does he own the hospital? Who gave him the permission to do so?

Pastors can heal anywhere you meet them. A simple words as 'Please pray for me.' is all the power and authority a pastor needs to start praying for you.
Your examples are flawed, can’t you see what religion is doing to you.

So if you pray to yahweh now, he can’t help those in the hospital because you don’t have permissions from the owner of the hospital, yahweh is powerless?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
budaatum:

No, rape is not universally wrong. You can't be condemned of raping your wife in Nigeria!
Lol so rape is good in Nigeria? So we should encourage it in Nigeria since it is good.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2023
LordReed:

Define objective morality.
It means universal rights and wrongs.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

Your examples are flawed, can’t you see what religion is doing to you.

So if you pray to yahweh now, he can’t help those in the hospital because you don’t have permissions from the owner of the hospital, yahweh is powerless?

I don't even understand what you're hitting at because it doesn't represent anything I have said.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
LordReed:

All moral systems are subjective, even the one you think comes from your god.
So rape can be morally good according to you?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

I don't even understand what you're hitting at because it doesn't represent anything I have said.

You don’t understand what you are saying, religion has messed with you.

Why don’t you go to hospitals and ask patients if they want to be healed, and what if it is a coma patients, your god is powerless against those?

Yahweh worshipper lol
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

You don’t understand what you are saying, religion has messed with you.

Why don’t you go to hospitals and ask patients if they want to be healed, and what if it is a coma patients, your god is powerless against those?

Yahweh worshipper lol

To do so, you need the permission of the hospital. Yes, it's been done but not publicised. There are a few hospitals who grant such permissions. Meanwhile, you should understand that a hospital is a business place where doctors make money from the sick. Any other form of healing stands as a direct threat or competition to the medical healing business. Pastors respect that.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

To do so, you need the permission of the hospital. Yes, it's been done but not publicised. There are a few hospitals who grant such permissions. Meanwhile, you should understand that a hospital is a business place where doctors make money from the sick. Any other form of healing stands as a direct threat or competition to the medical healing business. Pastors respect that.

Yahweh needs permission from the hospital lol
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
Steep:

No according to you rape can be morally good if your god says it is morally good,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by budaatum: 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
Steep:

Read it again. I have faith in your ability to comprehend instead of you replacing what you've read with your subjectivity.

budaatum:
No, rape is not universally wrong. You can't be condemned of raping your wife in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Steep:
It means universal rights and wrongs.

There is no such thing. Even your god is not purportedly recorded as acting by such a standard.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
LordReed:

So doing harm to someone about to kill you is wrong?
defending yourself is not wrong.
When I said not harming anyone I mean going out of your way to cause harm to anyone.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
LordReed:

No according to you rape can be morally good if your god says it is morally good,
I have not said morality is subjective, it is you that said so, don't try to spin it.
According to you rape can be good it all depends on peoples choice.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
LordReed:

There is no such thing. Even your purported god is not recorded as acting by such a standard.
So according to rape rape can be a good thing? Right
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

Yahweh needs permission from the hospital lol

Pastors are humans. They're not Yahweh. A sick person anywhere can call on God in the hospital directly and be healed. That was how Kenneth Hagin got healed when he was left to die on his hospital bed at age 16. God does not need permission to heal if you acknowledge and call upon him directly. Human beings who live in a regulated world need that.

I can see that you fully understand all that I've said but you decided to unnecessarily drag the discussion, and I've given you the best of my time. You're gradually tending towards mockery. Laughing that I said Yahweh needs permission when nothing in our discussion points towards this direction.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

Pastors are humans. They're not Yahweh. A sick person anywhere can call on God in the hospital directly and be healed. That was how Kenneth Hagin got healed when he was left to die oh his hospital bed at age 16. God does not need permission to heal if you acknowledge and call upon him directly. Human beings who live in a regulated world needs that.

I can see that you fully understand all that I've said but you decided to unnecessary drag the discussion, and I've given you the best of my time. You're gradually tending towards mockery. Laughing that I said Yahweh needs permission when nothing in our discussion points towards this direction.
When pastors are given permissions who do they call on?
Now that they are not given permissions, why can’t they call on the same thing?
Why exactly do pastors need permissions?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
budaatum:

Read it again. I have faith in your ability to comprehend instead of you replacing what you've read with your subjectivity.

So, rape is subjective according to you? So rape can be a good thing it all depends on people's choice?

This proves that atheism has no absolute morality.
Actually As a Christian I believe what is wrong is should be wrong regardless of race, gender and nationality.
Morality is not a choice, that is why society can be wrong.
God made every human so every human life is precious, so rape is bad.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

When pastors are given permissions who do they call on?
Now that they are not given permissions, why can’t they call on the same thing?
Why exactly do pastors need permissions?

I don't know why pastors need permission.

You can experiment yourself. Take food to go distribute in a hospital to the sick. That's a good thing isn't it? You're being nice.

Barge into a hospital without permission and start distributing food in every ward. Come back and tell me how it went.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lol, if morality is subjective on what ground do we condemn rape, slavery, discrimination, murder, etc
Answer is none, zilch meaning nothing is actually right or wrong just the way we see it.

The people who fought against slavery did so because they believed that slavery is universally wrong even while the whole society considered slavery as a good thing.
Atheism says it is slavery is ok provided the society see it as good.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

I don't know why pastors need permission.

You can experiment yourself. Take food to go distribute in a hospital to the sick. That's a good thing isn't it? You're being nice.

Barge into a hospital without permission and start distributing food in every ward. Come back and tell me how it went.
What exactly is the physical thing like food thay the pastor is taking to the sick?

How you are able to relate this to a pastor staying in his home and praying to yahweh to heal all the sick in the hospitals to taking food into an hospital shows the effects of religion lol
If i go to the hospital i will be stopped, who is going to stop your yahweh from healing the sick?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

What exactly is the physical thing like food thay the pastor is taking to the sick?

How you are able to relate this to a pastor staying in his home and praying to yahweh to heal all the sick in the hospitals to taking food into an hospital shows the effects of religion lol
If i go to the hospital i will be stopped, who is going to stop your yahweh from healing the sick?

We're talking about permission now. We only want to know why pastors need permission isn't it? Just barge in there without permission. Distribute food, money, drugs or even perform healing. Okay?

Go and do as advised. I'm done with you.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

We're talking about permission now. We only want to know why pastors need permission isn't it? Just barge in there without permission. Distribute food, money, drugs or even perform healing. Okay?

Go and do as advised. I'm done with you.

The pastor can only perform the miracle in the hospital.
He can’t pray to his deity anywhere and he will heal the people.

How do you “perform healing”?
You are making it sound like it’s performing a physical surgery.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by FxMasterz: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maynmann:

The pastor can only perform the miracle in the hospital.
He can’t pray to his deity anywhere and he will heal the people.

How do you “perform healing”?
You are making it sound like it’s performing a physical surgery.

I have told you different ways in which miracles can be performed by pastors even without being in the hospital. I told you how pastors can pray for specific persons by name from any location. Didn't I? Must I always be repeating previous discussions when discussing with you?
I don't know how many times I've done that today alone. And it has always being like that. You always want a discussion to become a roundabout whenever you feel cornered? Or, Do you want to tell me that you forget too soon? Or you just want to be disturbing me unnecessarily?

Thanks for your time anyway. Bye. I won't reply you again except it's on something I've not touched in the course of our discussion so far. I don't have time for such.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by budaatum: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Steep:
So, rape is subjective according to you? So rape can be a good thing it all depends on people's choice?

I did say this was way beyond your ability to comprehend, did I not?

Rape is never a good thing! The subjectivity of what is rape is however glaringly obvious since you can not be condemned for raping your wife in Nigeria where such an idea does not exist, yet. Or have you heard of a husband raping his wife in Nigeria? And if a wife in Nigeria claims her husband raped her would it be a crime?

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
FxMasterz:

I have told you different ways in which miracles can be performed by pastors even without being in the hospital. I told you how pastors can pray for specific persons by name from any location. Didn't I? Must I always be repeating previous discussions when discussing with you?
I don't know how many times I've done that today alone. And it has always being like that. You always want a discussion to become a roundabout whenever you feel cornered? Or, Do you want to tell me that you forget too soon? Or you just want to be disturbing me unnecessarily?

Thanks for your time anyway. Bye. I won't reply you again except it's on something I've not touched in the course of our discussion so far. I don't have time for such.
Why can’t yahweh just heal everyone in the hospital in the whole world, why does yahweh need specific names?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
Steep:

I have not said morality is subjective, it is you that said so, don't try to spin it.
According to you rape can be good it all depends on peoples choice.
Steep:
So according to rape rape can be a good thing? Right

Nope according to you

Steep:

If God says rape is good then it will be good.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Steep:
defending yourself is not wrong.
When I said not harming anyone I mean going out of your way to cause harm to anyone.

Then harming someone is not universally wrong. If there is any situation in which something you would have said to be morally wrong turns out to be morally right then that action cannot be UNIVERSALLY morally wrong. If I save your life by lying am I morally wrong?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
budaatum:

I did say this was way beyond your ability to comprehend, did I not?

Rape is never a good thing! The subjectivity of what is rape is however glaringly obvious since you can not be condemned for raping your wife in Nigeria where such an idea does not exist, yet. Or have you heard of a husband raping his wife in Nigeria? And if a wife in Nigeria claims her husband raped her would it be a crime?
you have just contradicted yourself, when you said rape is never a good thing meaning rape is morally wrong objectively not subjective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry / What Is Halloween?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.