Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. (24097 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by gokay11(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
U
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by chuose: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
jjj
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Karleb(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
When I go out to my street, I see men working. I have no idea what this post is all about. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Herbiodun09: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
Table turn small una dey cry, we tot men were not doing anything special grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by omooba969(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
If this is about men, what shall we say about women. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by obedience4(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:

It's your lack of comprehension skills for me, how you are able twist a growing concern to attacking the Op for pointing out the basic truth cannot be good for your brain.

I think you should be more worried about the number of women who are now career prostituteS

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by GloriousGbola: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
this thread na planned work jare
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by LesbianBoy(m): 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
I noticed it too

But I think it's because fortunate men who are so rich has decided to be employing women because of all kinds of things from sexual reasons to just be simps etc.

So the ordinary man on the street is frustrated and have just left things to the women na since they have taken their position grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by motionarena: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nice2023:
I don't think some men here would take this,there is a growing trend among Nigerian men of today.

And that trend is lazying around,leaving all serious domestic responsibilities for women to carry. Go to every streets in Nigeria now,u will see men,I mean married men doing virtually nothing and feeling good about their new found life,that is,not working and not earning any form of income and wouldn't like to learn any form of trade.

The agonising part is that,they now rely on what the woman or their wives rake in just to survive. Many women especially the married ones are now competing with young girls in having boyfriends all around just for the money to take care of one lazy bunch at home.

Men,rise up to the occasion and stop killing your wives with over work and help them to grow and make them better wives devoid of infidelity. It is ur actions that is pushing ur wives outside.

Stop wasting the little u have on betnaija shops and expect nothing back because u are simply wasting away.

Some of u here may not find this one easy but that is the truth.

If your father or husband is showing such traits don't generalize it here please.

I go out everyday and I see hardworking men striving to provide 4 there families. Though there are exceptions as the OP said but nothing alarming to warrant this Thread.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by 43Ronin: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
NoToPile:
This table you are shaking.

Lots of irresponsible men around these days

Anyway there are still responsible men though.

Let ladies shine their eyes.
especially yoruba men. all they do is drink sepe, play draft, gossip and hate on their igbo neighbour doing well. Go to Ebute-meta many of those yoruba able-bodied men are plenty there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by forexprophet(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Yes it's true..... That was how your dad was...

If not, then your conclusion is miopic!

Nice2023:
I don't think some men here would take this,there is a growing trend among Nigerian men of today.

And that trend is lazying around,leaving all serious domestic responsibilities for women to carry. Go to every streets in Nigeria now,u will see men,I mean married men doing virtually nothing and feeling good about their new found life,that is,not working and not earning any form of income and wouldn't like to learn any form of trade.

The agonising part is that,they now rely on what the woman or their wives rake in just to survive. Many women especially the married ones are now competing with young girls in having boyfriends all around just for the money to take care of one lazy bunch at home.

Men,rise up to the occasion and stop killing your wives with over work and help them to grow and make them better wives devoid of infidelity. It is ur actions that is pushing ur wives outside.

Stop wasting the little u have on betnaija shops and expect nothing back because u are simply wasting away.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Konjiboii: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

How is that my business?

Ladies, roll with hardworking and responsible guys during your courtships, they say No, instead like moving about with hooligans, chewing gum boys and fuckboys whose only ambition in life is get little money from God-knows-where, buy the latest clothes in the market without minding what the future holds.

Men being lazy does not magically begins from old age, it starts from the youthful days, and I'm sure the wives didn't get to know their husbands from older age, and I'm also sure that they must have seen the red flag and signs of laziness from the very beginning during courtship and dating, but chose to ignore due to useless love that blinded their eyes.

This was the same reason why I didn't marry from my state. I lost both parents (may their souls continue resting in the bosom of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen) at a very tender age, and as such, didn't have the time to look fresh like other guys because, I devoted all my time building myself and hustling to survive, raising funds for my tuition fees at Unizik.

There's this lady from my state that I would have married in those days, but guess what; she said I was too local for her liking. She started rolling with big boys in the hood and luckily for her, she ended up with one, they got married, I became devastated because I loved her as at that time, it also delayed my chances of getting married for a very long time. After about 4years into their marriage, the husband was traveling from portharcourt to somewhere in Abuja to deliver a consignment but nabbed by the NDLEA and consequently arrested by the agency. He was charged and jailed, but because he had strong legal backups, he was given a lighter sentence. He served for not up to 1 year and was out of the jail. Because he doesn't have any handwork, he isn't educated, in short, he doesn't have any humanly possible skills to start a new life after being released from the prison and his properties confiscated, he started roaming around the city, drinking excessive alcohol, spending time in lotto centers and betting centers while she caters for the wellbeing of the family and payment of bill.

One day, she became fed up and said enough is enough. she filed for a divorce and it was granted. She disappeared with her kids.

Damn nigga
Na so you dey monitor your exes?
Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by BreconHills(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Klass99:

The issue is fast becoming an epidemic like the corona virus, particularly the gambling most have resorted to. While I understand taking a risk and a chance on betting to win big, play with sense and if you see that it doesn't favour you, leave it alone to face more reliable ways of making money legitimately.

They would rather waste time, energy and resources, gambling unsuccessfully and not providing at home. Then others rally round to tell a wife to fast and pray for such a husband, citing for better for worse, as the basis why she shouldn't leave. I didn't know that particular vow covered self induced and self imposed nonsense and stupidity like gambling as well failure to provide o.

As if that's not bad enough some will still come online to tell a married woman to babysit her husband and give him purpose. I can't get over that post grin. A woman/wife should give a man/husband purpose! Even the thinking and mindset of some is seriously flawed.

What age range are you taking about and which segment of society?
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by EnterpriseMan: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Same way they're Jobless irresponsible women at home watching Bollywood and k-drama all day.. Nothing New, has always been like that from day one, it not a trend or anything. If that's the people you see daily, then that's the people you associate yourself with.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by CodeTemplar: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
The problem is once a man creates a new thing, every other man has to buy a copy of that thing for their wives while having to create their own something for all men to buy.
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by lolu2019: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:
So many irresponsible men these days, roaming the streets breeding kids they can't take care of, then push all responsibilities to their wives, instead they prefer to sit around and wait for money to come to them, hell even the old men that are suppose to be a source of inspiration and mentor, are not helping matters, look at the country today, it's really sad.
why not confront them.Oga,if the pay is good,u won't see men sitting around.nobody wants to do slavery job.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by luminouz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Boring thread, created to generate traffic and friction for NL.

How to know? The OP creates thread, occupies first comment, then disappears forever while emotionally charged people who should know better, rant, rave and abuse one another to win online arguments. Waste of time.... Those deliciously charged emotions could have been tapped and used to power Chinco Transport Buses, now that fuel is expensive.

Our resident feminazis are having a blast already. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by randymirrors(f): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Yes. And beggars. Men have taken over send me urgent 2k.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Blackdisciple(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Go to every streets in Nigeria now,u will see men,I mean married men doing virtually nothing and feeling good about their new found life,that is,not working and not earning any form of income and wouldn't like to learn any form of trade.

The agonising part is that,they now rely on what the woman or their wives rake in just to survive

I do not accept this..
Why would men , married men not want to work and relying on the wife to provide fûçƙ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by mamaafrik(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
WOMEN ARE BECOMING IRRESPONSIBLE TOO,many ladies dont want to carry ,back,do housechores,cook,wash cloth niether can they go to work again but wait for men to feed them

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thank god I don’t have any kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Saao(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nice2023:

lol I'm very sure you're in Lagos and those men you talked about are the acclaimed owner of Lagos that if you dig very well most are from other southwest States so please dont use such men to judge other responsible men like us. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Blakjewelry(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nice2023:

while it is true that some men are actually lazy to work, but know this, someone who has a job usually sees others without a job as been lazy until one he loses his job and couldn't find another then he will understand the plight of the other guys.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Blackdisciple(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
ibechris:
Especially married men.

Go to joints,they are everywhere and some go home after drinking to stupor and wait for their women to feed them.

Nothing is wrong when a man is back from work and decided to go to a near by spot to cool off after a long day at work, of which he has provided for the family and you don want the wife to serve him food after he is back from were ever he went to

Haba many men provide for the family, how many men eat food at home, many eat only once a day but the kids and wife have eaten 1-1-1 even inbetween means
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
It's always the assumption and the way conclusion is made for me though, that's one high points of nairalanders.

At least, give us a figure/data something to back up your claims.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Ebubu2: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
Women caused it

Men were not like this in the early 1960s

The more they promote feminism and equality and women providing at home, the more men become nonchalant and empowered to be lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by ednut1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
Women fought for empowerment and education. This is part of the disadvantages. Once some men see that their babe or wife has a good job they become lazy

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by tiswell(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:

It's your lack of comprehension skills for me, how you are able twist a growing concern to attacking the Op for pointing out the basic truth cannot be good for your brain.
keep kwayet!
Men have discovered that there is nothing for them in marriage,thereby resorting to not 'hustle to die" in other to feed you leeches that usually marry for poverty alleviation.
The tide has changed,now it's all hands on deck,afterall the children usually grow to celebrate their sit at home mothers while their responsible father gets celebrated only in death.

Men are not lazy,they only trying to balance the equation and limit the rate at which men usually die untimely.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by blackslayer: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
LMFAO....Women are a very peculiar and tricky gender! Any man that is yet to realize he must fear a woman, is in deep trouble!
They are very opportunistic and manipulative. They want to be a woman when it serves their purpose yet they want to be treated as "equals" and compete with men! When in reality, there shouldn't be any form of competition involved in a man and woman's union!
Well, if men are now lazying around....nothing wrong in depending on a woman to carry the burden for a little....You are our mothers after all! LOL! MAGA has retired!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Proserpina: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by forerunner022(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
The Op assertion is not far from the truth. However the Op views are parochial. Let me explain. While it is true that some men are just lazy and do not want to work, thereby leaving a whole lot of domestic responsibilities for their wives to carry, it is also true that a lot of men really seek to find a job where they can get the wherewithal to fend for their families. The Op didn't not take into cognizance the unemployment rate in the country while making those assertions. Living in Nigeria is living in an earthly hell. That's not to justify laziness in any way. The enabling environment for getting employed or self-employed should be created by the government also. Citizens should have access to soft loans from the banks and govt to start up businesses. When these things are done and you still find a young man who is unwilling to work because of laziness, Sharia law should be applied to that man by amputating his hands because they are of no use to his immediate family and the society at large.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes Baby After 15 Years Of Waiting (Photo) / Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage / Couple Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary With Amazing Dance Steps (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.