Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? (17425 Views)

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by EducatedMind369: 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hypotension (low blood pressure) is also not good. It killed a friends sister in 2021
... "friend's"....
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by GloriousGbola: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
Shrugs. I have never been susceptible to hbp. Back in the day I used to have ulcers. I don't seem to have them anymore. Every once in a while I check and it's normal. We thank God for large and small mercies I guess
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Ubdavis(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:
cool

Early this year

Why don't people count their pulse instead

It's easy and requires no device except stop watch from your phone

Gently place 2 fingers of your other hand on this artery.
Do not use your thumb, because it has its own pulse that you may feel.
Count the beats for 30 seconds, and then double the result to get the number of beats per minute.

That ok too

But is beyond that
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Ubdavis(m): 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
Lama70:
What is wrong with blood pressure?
Is blood pressure sick that we have to go check it?

When last did YOU check your bank account balance

I want to believe ur joking
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by airsaylongcome: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
EducatedMind369:
... "friend's"....

That was autocorrect. I'm certain about that
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by juman(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Save your life.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by iconicceo: 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Those figures look good. Kudos and stay healthy

Thanks sir, may God keep us and our loved ones away from sickness.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by placeofallure(f): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kobicove:

This is the same way I was running until they caught me about 2 months ago, now I'm on daily dosage of Amoldipine tables sad

Eeya, sending you my love. It's well.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Leebeedo(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
occfx:

Yes, it's almost knocking engine... Most people wouldn't know... Carelessly, I checked and that's what I saw. No symptoms, nothing nothing... But I am taking treatment and I am now conscious of it. I pity people who don't know anything about blood pressure. Most people are on that level and they don't know

Good to know you are getting treatment and please , check you BP daily just in case your dr needs to increase your dosage or change your medication. You can also take baby aspirin daily as it helps prevent heart attack/stroke. Take care
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Rubbiish(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
Decent09:

I don't know what really happened with me oo, for the past four months, anytime if I check my BP it will shows 140/90, and I tried all my possible best for it to reduce but all in vain.

I will appreciate clinical advice from my Doctor friends here.
Increase your intake of magnesium & reduce sodium. Always eat fruits high in magnesium, especially avocado & banana. Primary cause of high bp is low magnesium & high sodium. Reduce salt & increase magnesium, your bp will gradually go down. Eat little salt as much as u can & also try to get good sleep at night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
neutralmind:
Regularly checking your own blood pressure offers an important glimpse into your health and gives you the chance to keep your heart and brain in good shape.

Yet most of us who would especially benefit from this habit do not monitor our numbers at home.

I just started a restaurant barely two weeks ago.I came on Monday morning 5_30am to start cooking as usual , only to notice an empty shop. All my chairs ,tables, coolers, 15kg gas cylinder ,table gas, etc gone. Like literally an empty shop.my blood pressure went up in flames. I'm just surviving by God's grace. If I hadn't checked my bp, I would av been dead by now. Dis happened over the weekend. Its good to always check.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by juman(m): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
You are not too young to start taking HBP medication, if you need it.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by juman(m): 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
I don’t check my BP and I am fine, checking up something’s make you think more than you can imagine

Dont assume.
Go and check.
A friend died of HBP.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Rubbiish(m): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
placeofallure:
I still checked this morning.

I don't like to check because it's usually unfavourable. It's always high and for me, I think it's hereditary. The doctor, as at the last time I was in a hospital, wanted to place me on drugs but I ran. Once you start, you never stop, I'm too young to start taking forever drugs.
You did well, bringing it down naturally is the best. Don't use drugs. Try to take fruits high magnesium especially banana & avocado & drastically reduce your intake of salt. If u can reduce or eliminate salt from your diet, your bp must drop
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by neutralmind: 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
ReneeNuttall:

I just started a restaurant barely two weeks ago.I came on Monday morning 5_30am to start cooking as usual , only to notice an empty shop. All my chairs ,tables, coolers, 15kg gas cylinder ,table gas, etc gone. Like literally an empty shop.my blood pressure went up in flames. I'm just surviving by God's grace. If I hadn't checked my bp, I would av been dead by now. Dis happened over the weekend. Its good to always check.

So sorry. Just take it easy
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Rubbiish(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
graceilina:
God forbid. What can I do? Although the day I checked it I was very ill
Check again since u were ill. Your illness could have affected your bp

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Rubbiish(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
IketownNigeria:
How about this ? Checked because I was always feeling dizzy
Perfect
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
neutralmind:

So sorry. Just take it easy

Thanks, I'm on medication.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2023
cletz991:
Please what is the name of the drug? In the same shoes amlodipine doesn't work for me

Well it was prescribed by my doctor and I checked this evening
I got a result of 115/69

I usually take it before going to bed everyday.
After getting that result today I sent it to my doctor and he told me not to take it today until tomorrow.

The name of the drug is Cardiotan
It's quite expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by occfx: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
Leebeedo:

Good to know you are getting treatment and please , check you BP daily just in case your dr needs to increase your dosage or change your medication. You can also take baby aspirin daily as it helps prevent heart attack/stroke. Take care

Amlodepin to the rescue... I fear who no no... But I am planning nerves cleansing... Meditation comes with side effects
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by labelle123(f): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
Blood donations give me me ample moment to check my BP
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Lama70(m): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ubdavis:

I want to believe ur joking

Of course. Everyone should know that.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
cletz991:
Please what is the name of the drug? In the same shoes amlodipine doesn't work for me
The best brand of amlodipine is the one by Pfizer (Norvasc).

By it and see the difference.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by AfonjaPriest: 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Everybody is wired differently. Some people, without high blood pressure, their joysticks would not rise from its rest. So my advice is to understand your body's chemistry by knowing how you feel from time to time. If the feeling is good, then it's good for you.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by AfonjaPriest: 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Everybody is wired differently. Some people, without high blood pressure, their joysticks would not rise from its rest. So my advice is to understand your body's chemistry by knowing how you feel from time to time. If the feeling is good, then it's good for you.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by yemkoguru(m): 10:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
best time to check your accurate BP level is early morning
Checking after a long stressful day by evening will give slight higher values.
Reading is 1pm and can go as high as 128 after a long stressing day

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by yemkoguru(m): 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
the machine is a most have for n average Nigerian
Nigeria kills
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Merry100: 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
Two weeks ago. In morning 150/102 after taking grapes it reduced to 125/87 in the evening.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Leebeedo(m): 12:20am On Jun 14, 2023
occfx:

Amlodepin to the rescue... I fear who no no... But I am planning nerves cleansing... Meditation comes with side effects

Talk to your Dr about Amlodopine/Benazapril 10/40mg, it does magic. That's what I use and my BP is always close to 120/80. It was 121/80 when I checked this morning. Reduce you salt intake too, that shit is a killer I swear.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by placeofallure(f): 12:35am On Jun 14, 2023
Rubbiish:

You did well, bringing it down naturally is the best. Don't use drugs. Try to take fruits high magnesium especially banana & avocado & drastically reduce your intake of salt. If u can reduce or eliminate salt from your diet, your bp must drop

Thank you for the insights
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by AccreHealth: 5:00am On Jun 14, 2023
One week before.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by occfx: 5:37am On Jun 14, 2023
Leebeedo:

Talk to your Dr about Amlodopine/Benazapril 10/40mg, it does magic. That's what I use and my BP is always close to 120/80. It was 121/80 when I checked this morning. Reduce you salt intake too, that shit is a killer I swear.

It's sad to see we will live with these drugs till death. How often do you take this combination. The doc said I should start with amlodopine and if it stops working I can combine. For now amlodopine alone works. I did reduce salt intake and my family to don't like salt. I got BP from excess consumption of alcohol. Somehow, my lifestyle have changed due to buhari induced hardship and I have lost some weight though, I still take some alcohol due to addiction. I don't know if more loss of weight will cure me palmanently. At least my stomach is now flat, all thanks to Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing / EFCC Targets Doctors Issuing Fake Medical Reports / Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.