Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? (17422 Views)

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by cletz991(m): 6:31am On Jun 14, 2023
How much?and what's the Milligram
odigbosky:

Well it was prescribed by my doctor and I checked this evening
I got a result of 115/69

I usually take it before going to bed everyday.
After getting that result today I sent it to my doctor and he told me not to take it today until tomorrow.

The name of the drug is Cardiotan
It's quite expensive
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Goalnaldo(m): 6:40am On Jun 14, 2023
ReneeNuttall:

I just started a restaurant barely two weeks ago.I came on Monday morning 5_30am to start cooking as usual , only to notice an empty shop. All my chairs ,tables, coolers, 15kg gas cylinder ,table gas, etc gone. Like literally an empty shop.my blood pressure went up in flames. I'm just surviving by God's grace. If I hadn't checked my bp, I would av been dead by now. Dis happened over the weekend. Its good to always check.
nawa. Everything in nigeria is just designed to make a person fail. The government dont provide jobs. An individual decides to provide one for himself/herself, hoodlums will come and steal. God will help us.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Goalnaldo(m): 6:51am On Jun 14, 2023
Sergioaguero:

Diastolic is above 140 stage 1 highpertensive
you are wrong the 140 is systolic not diastolic. his bp is ok.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by SmartODINO: 6:53am On Jun 14, 2023
How accurate is the one from Smart Bracelet?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:55am On Jun 14, 2023
juman:

Dont assume.
Go and check.
A friend died of HBP.
Those that check too die so I am cool
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:14am On Jun 14, 2023
oscarlamba:
This afternoon 160/100 with serious headache
very high. The diastolic shouldnt go beyond 90
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 7:48am On Jun 14, 2023
cletz991:
How much?

They gave me at the hospital
So just ask from the pharmacy around you
Price may vary
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by cletz991(m): 7:54am On Jun 14, 2023
What's the dosage? Bc I get 160/90
odigbosky:

They gave me at the hospital
So just ask from the pharmacy around you
Price may vary
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 8:11am On Jun 14, 2023
cletz991:

40/10 mg
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by cletz991(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2023
That means 1 pill contain 10mg to be taken once per day
odigbosky:

40/10 mg
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2023
cletz991:
That means 1 pill contain 10mg to be taken once per day

Yeah
1 pill a day.

But you have to keep monitoring it
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 8:27am On Jun 14, 2023
cletz991:

This 160/90 is your blood pressure right?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by cletz991(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2023
Yes I have the BP. Machine. Thanks so much
odigbosky:

Yeah
1 pill a day.

But you have to keep monitoring it
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Drchindo: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2023
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by babaalagbo11(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2023
If you are having any issues with your blood pressure most especially if it's too high or low,the systolic or diastolic and you want to regulate it permanently or you know someone with hypertension, contact me for treatment with herbs 🌿
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2023
Goalnaldo:
nawa. Everything in nigeria is just designed to make a person fail. The government dont provide jobs. An individual decides to provide one for himself/herself, hoodlums will come and steal. God will help us.

Amen.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by ufuosman(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
SafariHunter:
Mine is Always high cos of over thinking
All will be well. D hardship na back to back person go dey think

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by ufuosman(m): 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
Last month
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by oscarlamba: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
Goalnaldo:
very high. The diastolic shouldnt go beyond 90
bro I tire. I want to go for cholesterol test first
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Leebeedo(m): 5:21am On Jun 15, 2023
occfx:

It's sad to see we will live with these drugs till death. How often do you take this combination. The doc said I should start with amlodopine and if it stops working I can combine. For now amlodopine alone works. I did reduce salt intake and my family to don't like salt. I got BP from excess consumption of alcohol. Somehow, my lifestyle have changed due to buhari induced hardship and I have lost some weight though, I still take some alcohol due to addiction. I don't know if more loss of weight will cure me palmanently. At least my stomach is now flat, all thanks to Buhari
Weight loss would definitely help. Also try to do so light cadio and up it gradually. I use my medication once daily. Most hypertension patients inherit the trait from one or both of their parents.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by occfx: 7:01am On Jun 15, 2023
Leebeedo:

Weight loss would definitely help. Also try to do so light cadio and up it gradually. I use my medication once daily. Most hypertension patients inherit the trait from one or both of their parents.

I was advised to take it every day but I usually miss it some times. I don't like medication... Hoping for a permanent cure
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Leebeedo(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2023
occfx:

I was advised to take it every day but I usually miss it some times. I don't like medication... Hoping for a permanent cure

Try to take it everyday even if it means setting your alarm for it.
If you hear about anyone that slept at night and didn't wakeup in the morning, my brother na high blood pressure most likely kill am oh. It destroys other organs in the body if not controlled most esp the kidneys.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
occfx:

Well get a blood pressure machine at home so you can be monitoring it yourself. Take readings in the morning and evening. Record it. So that you don't take the bp drugs too much and start suffering from hypotension....low blood pressure
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by occfx: 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
odigbosky:

Well get a blood pressure machine at home so you can be monitoring it yourself. Take readings in the morning and evening. Record it. So that you don't take the bp drugs too much and start suffering from hypotension....low blood pressure

Wahala no dey finish.. Thanks for the advices.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by occfx: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
Leebeedo:

Try to take it everyday even if it means setting your alarm for it.
If you hear about anyone that slept at night and didn't wakeup in the morning, my brother na high blood pressure most likely kill am oh. It destroys other organs in the body if not controlled most esp the kidneys.

I read about it and it's very scary. I just have to find way to clean my nerves. Imagine taking tablets everyday. Life no just balance, I will try anyways
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
occfx:

I read about it and it's very scary. I just have to find way to clean my nerves. Imagine taking tablets everyday. Life no just balance, I will try anyways
Please type "amlodipine reviews" on Google and you will see people who have been using the drug for up to 20 years or more.

This is to let you know that it is scary but a lot of people have been taking BP drugs for years! Therefore, you are not alone, bro.

Besides, you are better than people who don't even know that their blood pressure is high.

Good luck, bro.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by spencekat(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Jennyclay:
I have never checked my blood pressure since I was born. My Life is Good and great.

Nothing gives me high BP.

Awwwwn kiss FTC. I dedicate this to all wealthy and rich men that don’t run away from a restaurant because of ordinary 12k food a lady ordered. May your pocket never run dry.

Broke men can go and receive their prayers from the Last to comment (LTC). Shame!!
So you have not gone to hospital or clinic for any health issue like Malaria, Typhoid fever etc?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by spencekat(m): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
4th March ,2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: Abia Government Seals Church, Market In Aba / FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing / EFCC Targets Doctors Issuing Fake Medical Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.