Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday (2561 Views)

Bombshell As CUPP Spokesman Ikenga Exposes Gbajamiala's Alleged Indictment & Al / Alert!!!!!!! Is Femi Gbajamiala Working For Bill Gates?? See Details / Did Chief John Odigie Oyegun DecampTo PDP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Gajagojo: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2023
Did you notice Gbajabiamila voted yesterday for the new Speaker Tajudeen Abass ?
He has already been announced as Chief of Staff and by law he cannot be chief of staff and a member of the House of representatives.
He also took his oath as a member of the House of representatives.
I want to believe the aim was to make his vote count which is clever and that officially he is not yet chief of staff.
I expect him to resign from the House of representatives before resuming as Chief of Staff
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Redoil: 9:07am On Jun 14, 2023
that is tulubu politics for Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by 001Lagos: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2023
Tinubu is just like Buhari, they don't follow the law or due process if not, he would have insisted that Gbajabiamila resign from the house of reps before appointing him as his Chief of Staff

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by iammo(m): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2023
cool

There is nothing like office of the Chief of Staff according to 1999 constitution

Officially he remains a federal law maker untill he resigns

Chief of Staff is merely an Executive Sectary appointed based on Presidents wish

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by madridguy(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2023
Can you bring out the part of the law that forbid him from voting? Let us see what the constitution said about it.
Thanks.

Gajagojo:
Did you notice Gbajabiamila voted yesterday for the new Speaker Tajudeen Abass ?
He has already been announced as Chief of Staff and by law he cannot be chief of staff and a member of the House of representatives.
I want to believe the aim was to make his vote count which is clever and that officially he is not yet chief of staff.
I expect him to resign from the House of representatives before resuming as Chief of Staff

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Parachoko: 9:18am On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:
He's a member of the House Of Rep

Or you dont know he partake in the election and win?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CharleyBright(m): 9:19am On Jun 14, 2023
That's how they go about causing controversies for the nation because of selfish interests.
Would he have died if he didn't vote yesterday?
Can you eat your cake and still have it?

If he has been appointed CoS, he would not face his Cos job and leave NASS work.

What if they refused to confirm him as CoS because he took part in NASS election?
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by naptu2: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

He took the oath and voted because he won an election into the House of Representatives. It is his right.

He was announced as the chief of staff designate, but he has not yet taken up the job of chief of staff.

He is expected to resume as chief of staff this morning after resigning from the House of Representatives.

(You saw the handing over ceremony when Boss Mustapha handed over to George Akume, but have you seen Femi Gbajabiamila resume at the office of the chief of staff?)

Gbajabiamila to resign on the floor of the House today.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/14/exclusive-gbajabiamila-to-resign-as-lawmaker-on-reps-floor-today/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by plaindealer: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2023
He was not the President's COS yesterday, he assumes office today.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Gajagojo: 9:26am On Jun 14, 2023
naptu2:

He took the oath and voted because he won an election into the House of Representatives. It is his right.

He was announced as the chief of staff designate, but he has not yet taken up the job of chief of staff.

He is expected to resume as chief of staff this morning after resigning from the House of Representatives.

(You saw the handing over ceremony when Boss Mustapha handed over to George Akume, but have you seen Femi Gbajabiamila resume at the office of the chief of staff?)

Gbajabiamila to resign on the floor of the House today.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/14/exclusive-gbajabiamila-to-resign-as-lawmaker-on-reps-floor-today/

So it is by hand over?
Did Gambari not hand over to Gbajabiamila

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by naptu2: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

So it is by hand over?
Did Gambari not hand over to Gbajabiamila

Don't change my words, I asked if you have seen him resume in the office of chief of staff?

Boss Mustapha handed over to George Akume in the office of the secretary to the government of the federation and George Akume resumed in that office. Have you seen Gbajabiamila do that?

He was announced as the chief of staff designate and he will only take up the position today after resigning from the House.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Gajagojo: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2023
naptu2:

Don't change my words, I asked if you have seen him resume in the office of chief of staff?

Boss Mustapha handed over to George Akume in the office of the secretary to the government of the federation and George Akume resumed in that office. Have you seen Gbajabiamila do that?
okay what is the relevance of hand over by Boss to Akume in This issue
Do you accept that is irrelevant?
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CongoJewRat: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

He won reelection and formally got innugurated into the house.

He remains a Representative first before his appointment .

The APC will nominate one of their own in Lagos to take over his seat.

0koro illiterate.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by naptu2: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2023
Obviously that guy is not serious at all. I thought I was discussing with a serious and sensible person.

The point has been made, unless you are the person that gave Femi Gbajabiamila his appointment letter.

I have no time to waste on rubbish and I won't read or engage in rubbish.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by helinues: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2023
Have they conducted bye election in his constituency?

Has he resumed for the office of SGF as at yesterday?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by LadyExcellency: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2023
He refused previously to collect the INEC certificate of return. So he had a plan to see what the law is before his next step.

EXCLUSIVE: Gbajabiamila Shuns INEC’s Certificate Of Return, Eyes CoS Position In Tinubu Gov’t.

https://leadership.ng/exclusive-gbajabiamila-shuns-inecs-certificate-of-return-eyes-cos-position-in-tinubu-govt/
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Haaland007: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2023
Nigeria is a sheet hole political zone, every sort of corruption is styled and used as genuine.
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CongoJewRat: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2023
helinues:
Have they conducted bye election in his constituency?

There is no need for bye-elections as Femi won re-election under the APC.

Femi must be fully innugurated into the House or risk both he and his party losing the seat.

And as Nigerian electorate acts dictates, the party and not the individual owns the elected position.

It is now up to Lagos State chapter of the APC to nominate a replacement for Femi's seat.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CongoJewRat: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2023
LadyExcellency:
He refused to collect the INEC certificate of return hence he is not a member of the House of Representatives

Illiterate.
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Gajagojo: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2023
CongoJewRat:

Femi must be fully innugurated into the House or risk both he and his party losing the seat.

And as Nigerian electorate acts dictates, the party and not the individual owns the elected position.

It is now up to Lagos State chapter of the APC to nominate a replacement for Femi's seat.

Nominate replacement without election?
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CongoJewRat: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

First of all I am not Okoro?
Why is it necessary to abuse anyone on the basis of what has been said so far.
Ti mo ba pe gbolohun si aiye .re ko ni toro mo

Ijimere so Igi gun ki o ma lo fi enu ko si Ibi ti won ko ni dariji re

Behave like 0koro and get addressed as an 0koro
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by helinues: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2023
CongoJewRat:

He can't be SGF and still house of reps member, nothing like replacement, the replacement can only be done via bye election where other political party will contest too for his vacant sit
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CongoJewRat: 9:44am On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

Nominate replacement without election?

The party owns the ticket and position.

The Nigerian electorate law gives the party the right to the position .

Amaechi Vs PDP made this clear

In the eyes of the law, the seat belongs to the APC and not Femi.

Femi will write to his state party chairman relinquishing his seat from where the state will appoint a replacement for him.

Even Obama resigned his senatorial sit to his party after winning the US presidential elections to which the Chicago DNC appointed someone to replace Obama

There was a big scandal surrounding how a successor to Obama was chosen by the Chicago DNC as it was claimed the party auctioned Obama's sit to the highest bidder .

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by gabbytabby: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2023
His appointment is effective from …………14th June silly.

001Lagos:
Tinubu is just like Buhari, they don't follow the law or due process if not, he would have insisted that Gbajabiamila resign from the house of reps before appointing him as his Chief of Staff

1 Like

Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by Gajagojo: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2023
CongoJewRat:

The party owns the ticket and position.

The Nigerian electorate law gives the party the right to the position .

Amaechi Vs PDP made this clear

In the eyes of the law, the seat belongs to the APC and not Femi.

Femi will write to his state party chairman relinquishing his seat from where the state will appoint a replacement for him.

Even Obama resigned his senatorial sit to his party after winning the US presidential elections to which the Chicago DNC appointed someone to replace Obama

There was a big scandal surrounding how a successor to Obama was chosen by the Chicago DNC as it was claimed the party auctioned Obama's sit to the highest bidder .

You are making assumptions and deductions

Can you give an example when this happened before e.g. In a case where a legislator dies

You say Nigerian electorate law. What the he'll is that?
There is no such law

Amaechi versus PDP is unrelated. No one resigned.
If for any reason governor and deputy both resign there will be an election
Re: Why Did Chief Of Staff Gbajamiala Vote Yesterday by CongoJewRat: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2023
helinues:

He can't be SGF and still house of reps member, nothing like replacement, the replacement can only be done via bye election where other political party will contest too for his vacant sit

Which came first ?

Femi was a rep and won re-election before his appointment.

He only formally received his certificate from the house which belongs to the APC.

The APC will nominate his replacement as the APC owns the seat and not Femi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attention: Beaf And Sagamite / Split Nigeria, We Can Stand On Our Own– Northern Leaders Boast / Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.