Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP (922 Views)

Man Shares The Response He Got After He Gifted His ‘Love’ ₦20k On Her Birthday / Guys Do You Enjoy Female Attention? Best Answer Wins 10k / What Is The Best Answer If A Girl Asks What Do You Want From Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2023
If you live in a rural area devoid from modern civilization with the least financially capable people in the society due to financial constraints, and then out if sheer hard work perseverance , faith and determination you break out from the shackles of financial turmoil and your life peaks up in ways that you can easily afford to move out of the rural area aka (trenches) to the urban side of life , say Abuja and Ikoyi , would you still stay in in the trenches ?

Let’s say a city like (delta state), I mean the (rural parts). The “cheap housing” environments. would you comfortably live there with all your old buddies who are still living in abject poverty and negativity because almost all poor people are negative because even the term “poverty” is more mental than actual physical but let me not go Into all that.

Would you buy your dream car and live your dream life in front of all your old friends who now probably envy you or are trying to extort you daily while emotionally blackmailing you to feeling like you have changed on them all because you refuse dark thoughts, habits and ideas.

So what would you do in a that situation?

Would you run to the main expensive cities to live with your new financial peers who will most likely boost your wealth and influence and even help you get better as they are most likely richer than you, would you live with them now tho more expenses on you and more pressure and more eyes on you now or just live a lowkey life, but a Benz and live in the old trenches with all your old still “suffering” friends?

Best answer wins 20k on Sunday by 9pm.

Drop your opinions below.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Wawelexy(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2023
Sincerely speaking, there's no question in this cos you already said it all.... There's a popular Yoruba proverbs which says "Olowo Kan lanrin otoshi mefa, otoshi meje ni gbo gbo won"... Meaning " A single rich man amongst six other poor men is simply equal to seven poor men"... Aside from the fact that they would hate on you and say a lot of sh*t about you due to envy or jealousy, you will never experience growth even if you decides to neglect or ignore their excessive demand, cos there won't be a ready environment that can aid your progress considering the kind of rural area you noted up there...

The best you can do is remain in the city where your progress is certain and subsequently bring in the one you can trust one after the other and teach them how to fish so they too can reciprocate same to the remaining ones till it goes round. After some time if there's is a good number of successful individual, you all can then go back home to establish something that can also better the lives of those who were unable to leave, by this time, it will be a lesser burden cos it's a joint project...The choice to stay back will by this time be free as their won't be a big gap of difference to going back to the city...

In all, no one has the right to show an entitlement mentality towards another but at the same time, we are also responsible to our immediate environment in one way or the other, so we just have to do the best we can and leave the rest to nature.... Wealthy or not, make sure you try to make a positive impact wherever you find yourself.... Live and let others live...

3 Likes

Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by TONY042(m): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2023
I will definitely leave my old hood, to grow and be able to make more advancement.

As for my old Gee's, I will definitely teach them how to fish with all sincerity, which will solely be based on the dreams and aspirations of each man.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2023
guy if u wan give money give, no dey ask an hungry man question for

2 Likes

Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Wawelexy(m): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2023
manoflove22:
guy if u wan give money give, no dey ask an hungry man question for

Na by force make you answer the question? 😂
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
Braintaf23:
If you live in a rural area devoid from modern civilization with the least financially capable people in the society due to financial constraints, and then out if sheer hard work perseverance , faith and determination you break out from the shackles of financial turmoil and your life peaks up in ways that you can easily afford to move out of the rural area aka (trenches) to the urban side of life , say Abuja and Ikoyi , would you still stay in in the trenches ?

Let’s say a city like (delta state), I mean the (rural parts). The “cheap housing” environments. would you comfortably live there with all your old buddies who are still living in abject poverty and negativity because almost all poor people are negative because even the term “poverty” is more mental than actual physical but let me not go Into all that.

Would you buy your dream car and live your dream life in front of all your old friends who now probably envy you or are trying to extort you daily while emotionally blackmailing you to feeling like you have changed on them all because you refuse dark thoughts, habits and ideas.

Would you run to the main expensive cities to live with your new financial peers who will most likely boost your wealth and influence and even help you get better as they are most likely richer than you, would you live with them now tho more expenses on you and more pressure and more eyes on you now or just live a lowkey life, but a Benz and live in the old trenches with all your old still “suffering” friends?

i would MOST DEFINITELY move to the better side of town, then teach my people how to do exactly what i did to get out of poverty so that THEY can also become my new neighbors.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Sandralight(f): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2023
You already have the answer to your question, once you become rich and your friends are still poor, jealousy and envy start growing which can even lead to hatred.
So once you make money, you move to a better place but dont cut your friends away, the ones you know are very genuine with you, you can carry them along, teach them ways to make the money too but one thing you should do before teaching them is MAKE SURE you have make a lot of money from what you are doing.
A saying goes "you know who you like but you dont know who like you the same way"
Reason for this is some friends can spoil your source of income or even start spreading what you are doing or some people just have bad luck and once you introduce them to a business, the business collapse.

So even if you are helping your friend, always know it is 50/50 even if you feel this friend is genuine never trust 100% to protect yourself, if your friends make money from you, all of you guys will be rich together and maybe help each other in the future.

My point is you can move from the trenches and you can also help your friends move from the trenches too but make sure you are already well established first.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by marlow1962(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
Human beings sucks, especially the poor ones. Best bet have you money and live in the woods or somewhere far from where people can assess you quickly. Na person wer need you and still get access to drive to from where him dy stay to where you dy stay, then you go know say e worth am.
Trust me city life comes with city enemies, as long as you got money, people will still hate.
I no dy blame oyibo wer dy live inside woods, them done see something before them isolate themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Exmilitant(m): 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
Personally, I prefer rural places to the hustles and bustles of urban places for the peace and quiet.

If I made it big in a rural area, I won't move out. I will reside among the people I have known before I made it.
Yes, there would be gossip and envy and all but, we die there.

I wish PH is still what it was in the 80's ,90's. This fast paced PH is killing me.

1 Like

Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Allisgud: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
I will pack to another rural area,live my life low-key in a high key way,if u know u know

2 Likes

Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by goldstar25(f): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
If those friends are really good friends of yours why then will you also let them suffer. We all have different destinies so when yours shine faster than the others then it is our right to help bring those closest to us out of the darkness too. We all are destiny helpers because one way or the other we must lift someone up. And yes I will go to a more better environment but not to hang around with any rich folks but because I deserve that peace. Friends are hard to get so we must hold onto the ones we have.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by thesilentman(m): 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
Environment matters a lot.I IT affects the way we think and percieve things.Will certainly leverage my new peak up to live in a better environment.Better environment means more opportunities to explore,more success.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by ImperialCovfefe: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
Braintaf23:

Baba for the babes wink. You have always liked the soft life -- touch down in Miami, breakfast in NYC, remember? Memories.

Here's my advice. Income matters. No matter how much savings you have, you are going to burn through it like wildfire. Can you afford N3m per year for rent for at least three years without feeling stretched? If yes, then relocate to Ikoyi or ABJ. If not, just step up a bit, a good environment helps you think better. Go to airport road and pay like N500k-800k per year.

Boss

1 Like

Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Archangel1111: 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Leggodeals(f): 12:02am On Jun 17, 2023
Braintaf23:

This life is full of mysteries that we cannot fully comprehend. Opportunities in life always come with their distinct temptations.

If your friends in your rural area become aware of your new status, chances are that they might become HELPLESSLY envious, jealous or both. You have to understand that human beings are naturally very weak. Their reaction may even astound them because people tend to assume they are "nice or good" until they are tempted and in this case by another person's success.

Knowing this human weakness, you must thread carefully in every of your endeavors and movements.

You must relocate for these two major reasons that I will outline below. Meanwhile, your relocation should be done quietly and the reason for it kept in secrecy. Only leave a casual reason.

Now, why you must relocate:
1) Your friends would feel betrayed by you for succeeding alone. While it may not be any fault of yours, or any intention to make it alone, your friends would still feel betrayed. In their reasoning, you were not acting as a friend for not tagging them along on your path to success, you just wanted to succeed alone and weild this messiah complex around them. They won't buy it.

2) You need a new location to replan if there need be and restrategise. What line of business are you pursuing? What are the necessary connections that you need to multiply your business? What kind of environment can your plans thrive in? If its in urban areas like Lagos Island, good. Relocate and begin to dig deep into every funnel that can make you really well-of. At this stage, lock-up, keep in touch with family and friends once in a while, keep digging until you achieve your goal. Naturally, you will still have your family and old friends in mind but don't get emotional with memories of them, instead let those memories be one of your biggest motivations to achieving your dreams.

The moment you attain financial freedom, begin to reach out to your people gradually. Note that one true test of knowing you have attained, is your capacity to lift others while still remaining afloat. If helping others will drain you, you are not there yet, keep digging.

Your shared success will wipe every tears away. And at this time, the feeling of being left out amongst your family and friends will become obscured as they would be so overwhelmed by you and your expression of love towards them. Your long absence would create a new sense of respect for you. So, remain in the city to avoid over familiarity. Share your resources generously with them in your first giving, but subsequent givings should be towards your rural community development, offering them opportunities and resources for their own financial freedom. Use a lot of discretion.

Indeed like one renowned Nigerian author said(I think Elechi Amadi) in one of his books, "time obscures and establishes many things"
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2023
ImperialCovfefe:

Baba for the babes wink. You have always liked the soft life -- touch down in Miami, breakfast in NYC, remember? Memories.

Here's my advice. Income matters. No matter how much savings you have, you are going to burn through it like wildfire. Can you afford N3m per year for rent for at least three years without feeling stretched? If yes, then relocate to Ikoyi or ABJ. If not, just step up a bit, a good environment helps you think better. Go to airport road and pay like N500k-800k per year.

Boss

Did you attend nosakhare ?
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Openair: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2023
There's a difference in the way a fellow who works in Lekki Phase 1 thinks, compares to one in Ajegunle.
One's environment shapens his/her thoughts. That's just how life works. The rich associate with like-minds and the poor with like-minds too, this births the saying "The Rich get Richer, The Poor, Poorer".
Leave your environment, associate yourselves with people who are where you want to be (expand your mindset), with time you'd become more successful than the old (naive, poor) you, would ever imagine.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by westlius(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2023
Every one here is saying the same thing.
My thought goes like this, the community i stay (Local) if my source of wealth comes from there, why will I leave my source and relocate never, I will get properties in high brow areas, lease them, but will not relocate from my community.
Its through businesses i run in that small community that made me a millionaire.
So y will I relocate
Never
Access
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
ImperialCovfefe:

Boss

Ekos is that you bro?
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by ImperialCovfefe: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by internationalman(m): 8:32am On Jun 18, 2023
There's no best answer to the question you just asked because it's a personal decision and not a question based on approved theory...

To answer you question though, money drives us to live subliminally in accordance with our standard..

So a Typical human being would definitely live in a modern city when he becomes rich
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Bankerboy: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2023
I will move but will move with my trenches day one's. . .
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by hanson27(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wawelexy:
Sincerely speaking, there's no question in this cos you already said it all.... There's a popular Yoruba proverbs which says "Olowo Kan lanrin otoshi mefa, otoshi meje ni gbo gbo won"... Meaning " A single rich man amongst six other poor men is simply equal to seven poor men"... Aside from the fact that they would hate on you and say a lot of sh*t about you due to envy or jealousy, you will never experience growth even if you decides to neglect or ignore their excessive demand, cos there won't be a ready environment that can aid your progress considering the kind of rural area you noted up there...

The best you can do is remain in the city where your progress is certain and subsequently bring in the one you can trust one after the other and teach them how to fish so they too can reciprocate same to the remaining ones till it goes round. After some time if there's is a good number of successful individual, you all can then go back home to establish something that can also better the lives of those who were unable to leave, by this time, it will be a lesser burden cos it's a joint project...The choice to stay back will by this time be free as their won't be a big gap of difference to going back to the city...

In all, no one has the right to show an entitlement mentality towards another but at the same time, we are also responsible to our immediate environment in one way or the other, so we just have to do the best we can and leave the rest to nature.... Wealthy or not, make sure you try to make a positive impact wherever you find yourself.... Live and let others live...
What a friend of mine did was move out of the area so as to be on the same level with his new found friends/colleagues. Although we were no longer on the same level, he never for once downgraded or neglected his childhood friends. He came to the hood more frequently just to hangout with us since he now had a car. Even though we were not on the same level, anytime he comes to the hood with his colleagues/friends he makes them see us like on the same level with them, and his friends too never downgraded us.

Most importantly there's no time you need his help financially he never disappoints, just let him know before time and make sure you using the money for something reasonable i.e he paid for my driving school, got me a driver's license, to cap it all got me a loan to get a car for Uber.

Till date there's no form of hatred or envy against him in the hood. But people differ though.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Wawelexy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
hanson27:

What a friend of mine did was move out of the area so as to be on the same level with his new found friends/colleagues. Although we were no longer on the same level, he never for once downgraded or neglected his childhood friends. He came to the hood more frequently just to hangout with us since he now had a car. Even though we were not on the same level, anytime he comes to the hood with his colleagues/friends he makes them see us like on the same level with them, and his friends too never downgraded us.

Most importantly there's no time you need his help financially he never disappoints, just let him know before time and make sure you using the money for something reasonable i.e he paid for my driving school, got me a driver's license, to cap it all got me a loan to get a car for Uber.

Till date there's no form of hatred or envy against him in the hood. But people differ though.

Wow! Your friend is such a great fellow indeed.... People like him are scarce... I like the fact that he even brings his new friends to catch fun with you guys in the hood.... And I also loved the fact that none of you hated on him...

But still, I still prefer it more if he can teach you guys what he did that made him rich, than him giving you money all the time, so you all too can be free financially.... It's not a crime if the whole circle are all on same level....
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by hanson27(m): 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wawelexy:

Wow! Your friend is such a great fellow indeed.... People like him are scarce... I like the fact that he even brings his new friends to catch fun with you guys in the hood.... And I also loved the fact that none of you hated on him...

But still, I still prefer it more if he can teach you guys what he did that made him rich, than him giving you money all the time, so you all too can be free financially.... It's not a crime if the whole circle are all on same level....
He didn't do anything to get rich, he got employed by a very big firm earning roughly more than a million monthly.

He sets u up with whatever you want to do so you don't disturb him with cash issues every time. Most of us have something doing courtesy of him. He opened a laundry and barber's shop for two of my nigga, collected a tricycle on hire purchase for another nigga......the guy has touched so many lives in the hood. God will continue to bless him for us.
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Wawelexy(m): 4:07am On Jun 19, 2023
hanson27:

He didn't do anything to get rich, he got employed by a very big firm earning roughly more than a million monthly.

He sets u up with whatever you want to do so you don't disturb him with cash issues every time. Most of us have something doing courtesy of him. He opened a laundry and barber's shop for two of my nigga, collected a tricycle on hire purchase for another nigga......the guy has touched so many lives in the hood. God will continue to bless him for us.

Amen.... He really tried
Re: Best Answer Wins 20k On Sunday Evening, Let’s Get This To FP by Wawelexy(m): 4:08am On Jun 19, 2023

You didn't announce your winner...

(1) (Reply)

Bants Aside, Igbos Are Very Good People / The Dreams I Had That Night She Visited Me For The First Time. / Can I Ever Get Over Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.