Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! (38120 Views)

Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? / Ekiti State College Of Agriculture And Technology Job Applicants Let's Meet Here / Why Do The Majority Of Job Applicants Never Get Hired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
Uniquekriss:
then the question becomes, how do people measure values especially the employers. Some people may want to say that those who use more strength, are out in the field, do all the dirty stuff are the ones doing the job, but it's wrong, I feel that was what that my temporary CEO had in mind, thinking that the person whom he calls to say "go and get me this and that" is the one doing more work that was why he wanted to exploit me by saying I should manage the department and put up a structure forgetting that being a manager or a supervisor requires more of experience, attitude, years of followership, brain work, emotional intelligence, tact and will, possession of certain soft skills, certifications and other trainings that energy and Waka-waka cannot fetch you, it goes beyond being there to run errands, it about being creative and bringing ideas that would move the organization forward, having the professional ability to manage risks and mitigate challenges and all these do not have anything to do with strength or availability.

Value and respnsibility/risk is what is priced and rewarded ,the definition of value varies and depends on the company, it takes intelligence to understand where the value lies and align therein. If you work for a shitty organization that requires toxic office politics, it's okay to leave if you can't play the game,look elsewhere where your skills aligns, I always say this, no one is a tree if you don't get what you want it's okay to move elsewhere because employers won't hesitate to let you go if they don't think you're giving them value.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Hamachi(f): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
loswhite:
It happens alot my dear. The country is a destiny killer.
Useless country
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by AlexJustin(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
Instead of applying for fictitious jobs why don't you learn a digital skill today and embrace financial Security. Join my Amazon masterclass for free here. Whatsapp only 0901 223 0766

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by fawaz050(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofadaman:

Most jobs require technical and skill based interviews ,it'd because applicants have learned to about their capacity hence the need for competency based testing , yet applicants now think interviewers are stealing their ideas or using them to do their work. Jokers.
Is the stress really worth it?, You think they can't get proposals or call for ideas in and pay those people off, or is it the days to one week test that generate ideas that changes a business ?.. if the ideas were so great or you have all it takes. Why don't you they open their open businesses or become consultants

I see you just don't want to agree with other people's submissions. Anyway, it was an analyst role and doesn't require that much competency.

Second, they were other red flags that were noted.

If you still don't agree with OP. Then I can only wish you well.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Alexbio: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofadaman:

In every work place, and most interviews with reputable companies, you are required to sign an NDA to help protect both the applicant and the employer (prospective included). It takes a smart applicant to not divulge sensitive info about his current employer , I once interviewed someone for a data job and without much questions he already divulged sensitive info about his current employer, we never took him for the job.
If you divulge sensitive info and ideas, how do you expect the employer to take someone like that seriously, when they don't know when to not cross the line. A data person that should know about data protection singing like a bird because he wants to land a job.

We must understand that once you have upskilled both in skill, experiences and exposure/politics, you won't have the patience to attend interviews of unprofessional companies and you can easily walk out of processes that makes no sense.

You have diverged into ideal situation which doesn't play out in our own clime here in Nigeria. Leave ideal situation and buttress what's obtainable in relation to our initial bone of contention. By the way, I have no business with data protection (a story for another Time) here, interviews is all about marketing and sales of skills and experience acquired overtime. Both skills and experience exist around information. Divulging classified data of another company is criminal offense. Nothing criminal when one demonstrate is suitability for a vacancy.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by thegrinch(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
dmaze:
Don't mention me, then become aggressive.

Am I spoiling market for you or you are ONE of those people WHO does this on LinkedIn for DIFFERENT COMPANIES?

Your aggressiveness gives you away.

Everyone reading this. DON'T FALL FOR THESE COMPANIES SCAM. THEY ARE PLENTY ON LINKEDIN.

Think about it, what am I to gain coming here WARNING YOU ABOUT COMPANIES WHO ARE OUT TO SCAM YOU.

After this incident, I doubled checked every so called company on LINKEDIN.

A WORD IS TRULY ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!

Plus, don't quote me aggressively next time; learn some manners.

All of these Children that will be forming ITK.

1) Here's the Original post, And it was specific to JOB APPLICANTS

integridad:
Dear Applicants,

Do you know that there is a new trend with companies especially these small scale "One man businesses"

Companies schedule interviews with people they have no intention hiring, They take advantage of frustrated job seekers, ask them questions usually around business development to steal their ideas.

Job seekers who went through pain or spent a lot, some even borrowed to arrive at the interview venue.

This is very wrong, NLC should look into this exploitation

Most Nigerian jobs posted on LinkedIn are fake, companies do this to create publicity and a faux appearance of growth,

Applicants beware!!

If you ever attend an interview like this, please visit this post and tag the company.

2) Here's your unconnected post, where you did not apply for a Job, but were a VENDOR TO A COMPANY, and you claimed they played a fast one on you

dmaze:
Happened to me.

Don't listen to people here trying to tell you otherwise or that it doesn't happen. The OP is very right.

You see, LinkedIn, you need to be very careful. I got an invite to build a Financial Model from a company that looked very legit.

I spent all my energy, through the weekend building this financial model, then proceeded to submit.

Till date, nothing they refused to acknowledge my mail,even when I sent reminders. They also called me with a number, when I called the number it was switched off.

You need to do your due diligence on LinkedIn and be very careful with companies posting certain kind of jobs. DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

I SAID, AND I REPEAT:

If you're sure it happened to you, then post the name of the company. If E sure for you, post am.

Plus you are not an applicant. you are a vendor. You didnt do due diligence. Na you f.up... assuming it happened.

As usual, you chose to resort to insults rather than address the issue at hand.

You were not an Applicant, you were a vendor. You didn't do your due diligence and the Company took advantage. Plus, I don't believe that it even happened. You're just looking for sympathy and CLout. If not, Post the NAme of the company that defrauded you. Publicly shame them if truly they did you wrong.

If not just shut up and sit down
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
fawaz050:

I see you just don't want to agree with other people's submissions. Anyway, it was an analyst role and doesn't require that much competency.

Second, they were other red flags that were noted.

If you still don't agree with OP. Then I can only wish you well.

Thanks, but I don't agree or conform, even when I had no job or business ,I never allowed myself to fall into the victimhood rabbit hole. I prefer to identify with people who make things happen,no wallow in self pity
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by dmaze: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
You dont know me, have never met me.

I spoke on my experience butressing what the Op said and you are saying what again

I truly hope you are NOT one of those companies or individuals scamming people on LinkedIn. If you are then know this: Your cup would run full very soon.

I would NOT reply your childish RANTS again because it seems you are a HIGHLY DECEPTIVE individual intent on causing PROBLEMS.

WHAT IS interesting? These CHILDISH RANTS of yours truly says something is NOT RIGHT with you.

PS: I don't do, have never done vendorship or whatever nonsense you have written; I am an employee.

Take your NASTY attitude and SCAM on LinkedIn(if you do this, I truly feel sorry for you, your days are truly numbered) somewhere else.

Have a nice life.

thegrinch:

All of these Children that will be forming ITK.

1) Here's the Original post, And it was specific to JOB APPLICANTS

2) Here's your unconnected post, where you did not apply for a Job, but were a VENDOR TO A COMPANY, and you claimed they played a fast one on you

I SAID, AND I REPEAT:

If you're sure it happened to you, then post the name of the company. If E sure for you, post am.

Plus you are not an applicant. you are a vendor. You didnt do due diligence. Na you f.up... assuming it happened.

As usual, you chose to resort to insults rather than address the issue at hand.

You were not an Applicant, you were a vendor. You didn't do your due diligence and the Company took advantage. Plus, I don't believe that it even happened. You're just looking for sympathy and CLout. If not, Post the NAme of the company that defrauded you. Publicly shame them if truly they did you wrong.

If not just shut up and sit down
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by oluwalonprovide(m): 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by thegrinch(m): 6:23am On Jun 19, 2023
dmaze:
You dont know me, have never met me.

I spoke on my experience butressing what the Op said and you are saying what again

I truly hope you are NOT one of those companies or individuals scamming people on LinkedIn. If you are then know this: Your cup would run full very soon.

I would NOT reply your childish RANTS again because it seems you are a HIGHLY DECEPTIVE individual intent on causing PROBLEMS.

WHAT IS interesting? These CHILDISH RANTS of yours truly says something is NOT RIGHT with you.

PS: I don't do, have never done vendorship or whatever nonsense you have written; I am an employee.

Take your NASTY attitude and SCAM on LinkedIn(if you do this, I truly feel sorry for you, your days are truly numbered) somewhere else.

Have a nice life.

So, instead of addressing the issue, you resort to Character assassination?

In this day and age, and with all the resources available to you, You could not do a basic search to find out who you're talking to?

You are a disgrace to the Idiots that employed you, and a disgrace to the ones that gave birth to you.

And this Oloriburuku had the guts to use "Childish Rants" to describe the Education I'm giving him for free? Aye boy yi ma baaje ni!

You choose to sidestep the issue, to acknowledge that
1) You were derailing the post
2) Your "purported" experience is fake

and instead of addressing that, you choose to destroy my own person, labour and Character? Koni da fun E.

In case amnesia is worrying you, here is a screenshot of the post again.

And if you quote me for insults, instead of addressing the issue, I WILL FIND YOU and destroy the pitiful life you think you have.

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by dmaze: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Now get on your knees, put your hands on your head, then get a bucket of water and pour it on your HEAD.

You need HELP, and TRULY ONLY GOD CAN HELP YOU.

Viewers of this channel; I have experienced scammers on LinkedIn, don't fall into this same trap. Do your due diligence check for the existence of the company online.

Even some fake companies now have very convincing profiles. The most important thing is to always ASK questions and look for clues, there is ALWAYS something OFF about SUCH COMPANIES and their so called HR!

Don't LISTEN to this individual trying to make it look like LINKEDIN is perfect and Nigerians are SAINTS ON THERE🤦🏿‍♂️🙆🏿. If you check deeply who this individual is he just might have a VERY QUESTIONABLE character.

DONT FALL FOR SCAMMERS! ONLINE OR OFFLINE!

A WORD THEY SAY IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

thegrinch:

So, instead of addressing the issue, you resort to Character assassination?

In this day and age, and with all the resources available to you, You could not do a basic search to find out who you're talking to?

You are a disgrace to the Idiots that employed you, and a disgrace to the ones that gave birth to you.

And this Oloriburuku had the guts to use "Childish Rants" to describe the Education I'm giving him for free? Aye boy yi ma baaje ni!

You choose to sidestep the issue, to acknowledge that
1) You were derailing the post
2) Your "purported" experience is fake

and instead of addressing that, you choose to destroy my own person, labour and Character? Koni da fun E.

In case amnesia is worrying you, here is a screenshot of the post again.

And if you quote me for insults, instead of addressing the issue, I WILL FIND YOU and destroy the pitiful life you think you have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months / FAAN Successful Candidate / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.