Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! (38122 Views)

Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? / Ekiti State College Of Agriculture And Technology Job Applicants Let's Meet Here / Why Do The Majority Of Job Applicants Never Get Hired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Microwhy: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2023
Laird:
Many Years Ago
Okonjo Iweala said a lot of Graduates are unemployable

I disagreed with her

Having been on both sides of the table

She wasn't wrong

The smartest migrate or are snapped up by Multinationals and high paying and high earning companies in critical roles of which Nigeria already had a high poverty and poor purchasing power problem so most companies are not.in that league

Some dont have soft skills or interview skills or job
Schools to are not optimised to produce high ranking students

The companies And organisations that earn billions and pay high like Mobil, Shell, Seplat ,NNPC , CBN, NPA cannot employ every single Nigerian graduate

The rest companies are left to pick from the candidates

Some times some candidates are a diamond 💎 found in the rough

Sometimes some companies are a diamond found in the rough as in good management and good staff treatment.

That explains everything

The purpose of a company is to create goods and products and services that customers would pay for and keep coming back to repurchase

All employees are to work to achieve that aim and paid from the revenue pool as the company would also pay other bills like machinery, Internet, advertising, stationery, electricity etc
You later agreed with her, having been on both sides but your subsequent submission lack total correlation with one another..
Only God understand what you intend to say..
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Microwhy: 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
loswhite:
They are always incompetent in Nigeria but when they go abroad they are no longer incompetent...Oga go and sleep. Ppl like you that have things going for you all think everyone else is lazy or incompetent.
That guy is an asshole..
I have quoted and tell him to keep shut before I see your comment also.
When things is going fine for some of them, they think is their intelligence and smartness.
We know their type. They are same with that guy that granted that BBC Interview.

4 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by loswhite(m): 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hamachi:
My younger brother graduated with a 3rd class went to US he came out top of his class and best graduating students for his Masters
It happens alot my dear. The country is a destiny killer.

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Lannister360: 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:
Most jobseekers aren't good enough for the job, no employer is frustrating them, this way of thinking is what makes applicant find ways to justify their incompetence ,instead of looking for ways to upskill and do better at interviews they find ways to throw the blame at the employers, just to feel good about themselves. Most of them will respond positively to this post as a way to confirm their bias and feel good about themselves.

Mr man shut that your maggot infested mouth, what competence are you talking about? Most HR request for 50years job experience and list job requirements when them or their papa nor fit meet up. These days it's very difficult to see a job that does not require 50years of experience, even for entry level position they will still be asking for experience. Na God go purnish some of these HR.

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:
Most jobseekers aren't good enough for the job, no employer is frustrating them, this way of thinking is what makes applicant find ways to justify their incompetence ,instead of looking for ways to upskill and do better at interviews they find ways to throw the blame at the employers, just to feel good about themselves. Most of them will respond positively to this post as a way to confirm their bias and feel good about themselves.
Big mumunity
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by blaise26abj(m): 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2023
integridad:

- 'to steal their ideas'
means I'm writing about job applicants who are intelligent.
Later one wld discover that the ideas or solutions that was shared by an applicant is being used or implemented by the company. That is intellectual theft and being done to job seekers makes it more debasing.

Then intelligent applicants should look for an ingenious way to answer those questions without giving away much information .

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by isabi2lof: 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Some skills will only be useful if you learn on the job , if you don't learn on the job and apply the needed skill , the skill will be useless to you and you might forget it so soon .

Companies should've pity on job seekers , wahali make I just get money to do my business, nothing concern me and white collar job again, na business expansion I go dey do

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by ONNYX: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
loswhite:
They are always incompetent in Nigeria but when they go abroad they are no longer incompetent...Oga go and sleep. Ppl like you that have things going for you all think everyone else is lazy or incompetent.

In contrast to what you may think not every Nigerian that goes abroad excels. As a matter of fact there are more failures among migrants than social media cares to showcase.

Whether you believe it or not the truth stands indestructible......incompetence is at its peak in Nigeria. It has never been this bad.

If we stop pretending for a while and face reality, we might just be able to pull this shop back on track before it totters over or drops over the precipice. The situation is so bad that it is indescribable.

Finally, we only get what we deserve nothing more, nothing less. This the truth. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by ONNYX: 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lannister360:

Mr man shut that your maggot infested mouth, what competence are you talking about? Most HR request for 50years job experience and list job requirements when them or their papa nor fit meet up. These days it's very difficult to see a job that does not require 50years of experience, even for entry level position they will still be asking for experience. Na God go purnish some of these HR.

If they want 50 years experience and you don't have then it simply means you are unqualified for that particular job. Move on and get the opportunity that you are qualified for and trust me if you are good enough you will be appreciated with an offer letter.

Stop blaming the HR. Focus on improving yourself and make your skills attractive and perhaps even indispensable. Away with theory that you are entitled to a job from Government just because you managed to go through a tertiary education and were fed with irrelevant theories.

Welcome to the real world bro.

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Big mumunity

One of the angry applicants spotted, I ask again tell me which business stole idea from a job applicant and used it?.. all this he say, she say ,beer parlous talks from senior applicants of Nigeria (SAN)
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Chetas81(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:
if you can defend your certificate you have nothing to worry about 😜✍️
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lannister360:

Another Senior Applicant of Nigeria (SAN) spotted, I'd tell you for free ,people are changing jobs daily and getting higher pay and good work satisfaction, the problem is,many of you don't just want to upskill, but if it makes you feel better about yourself and mediocre life, by all means continue to wallow in it.

If you go to a job page or on LinkedIn, you'd see loads of job, many people get interview invite directly to their inbox from head hunters every other day, but it's not just for anybody it's only for the finest and skilled.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Chetas81(m): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2023
Dozie32:
Am telling you, because no job for the Youths in Nigeria. This nation is the worst thing that can happen to anyone on earth
the Nigerian citizen working under oyinbo company begin to steal from oyinbo business which is very bad for the citizen
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
ONNYX:

In contrast to what you may think not every Nigerian that goes abroad excels. As a matter of fact there are more failures among migrants than social media cares to showcase.

Whether you believe it or not the truth stands indestructible......incompetence is at its peak in Nigeria. It has never been this bad.

If we stop pretending for a while and face reality, we might just be able to pull this shop back on track before it totters over or drops over the precipice. The situation is so bad that it is indescribable.

Finally, we only get what we deserve nothing more, nothing less. This the truth. Deal with it.

The truth is bitter,and many Nigerian youths are too afraid to face the truth ,they prefer to leave in self denail.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2023
Microwhy:

That guy is an asshole..
I have quoted and tell him to keep shut before I see your comment also.
When things is going fine for some of them, they think is their intelligence and smartness.
We know their type. They are same with that guy that granted that BBC Interview.

I'm fully self aware of my abilities and capacity, I know my strength and limits, I am accountable for my success and my failures. It's what differentiates the good from the great. If you decide to wallow is self pity and believe it's the employer that is stealing your idea, then by all mean live in self denial , if your ideas are so great why don't you go and implement them.

I still wonder how few interviews is enough for a multi national to steal your idea and great plans and not have a fraction to pay for the guy who generates them .
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Really?

Most job-seekers?

Even the highly experienced ones holding multiple professional certifications?

Please don't say what you are not sure of, abeg.

People.have done highly involved interviews only for all applicants to be ghosted, then we see the same job advert posted by the same company a few weeks later.

Then I ask myself, with all my years (almost 20) of experience, my certifications and all the English spoken in the interview, neither I nor the other engineers were good enough?

And yeah, I collect fellow applicants' numbers and call to find out if the company got back to them.

A lot of things goes into finding the right candidate and it's just certificate or experience, most applicants don't even know it's a lot of work to organize a successful interview. It takes money and time, and months. Why would a company steal your idea lol, from an applicant? , You guys are really living in your own world and need to come out and say hello to reality

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
Microwhy:

Oga go and keep shut abeg! This attitude of i too know irritates me.
Why Nigerians go abroad and do very well..
Why most of those you know dropped out college and became very big..
Aren't good enough for which job? A job that is offered to them and they handle it poorly or which job are you talking about?
A fresher /Graduate trainee would mostly go for rigorous training to prepare him/her for the applied position. As a fresher, you're not expected to be good at any job, just basic literacy about one or two things is enough.
Almost every month, I usually have two to three training to undertake.
Mr man, let them get employed first before complaining about their ability.

Your statistics is very biased and short sighted ,for the number of Nigerians who do well, we have 2x that number coming up either average or below average, you just don't hear of it. There are jobs and opportunities and many applicants for that spot,just like any where else in the world, if you want to land the job you must have to do better. The truth is bitter,but many of you just prefer to play the ostrich and blame the employers but if it makes you sleep better at night then by all means
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2023
Alexbio:

You're making acute blunders in contrast to the OP perspectives. By the way, you sounds bombastic like one of those slave masters and so called "Nigerian employers" who are on the rampage looking for their preys. The fact and trend that most teething business entities use their supposed interviews to steal job seekers ideas, improvish job seekers even when it's glaring they have no vacancies for the quantum of job applicants appearing for their interviews it's alarming by the day. Some of these supposed firms don't even have permanent address, no capacity to employ graduates keep them on jobs rather end up wasting the time of the employed ones. You lack the integrity to tell whether Nigerian graduates are employable or not because the fact that they aren't suitable for your job vacancies after their trials does not erode off the fact they will not be suitable for other job openings! The fact that some Nigerian politicans may have subconsciously said that isn't why well meaning and thoughtful Nigerians should mindlessly subscribe into it. Aside education of the four walls of the class every individual or person has a potential valuable to humanity not to say educated individual as the case may be. Besides, I'm doing well for myself I don't allow myself to write off people conscious and unconscious efforts in the bid to live up to expectation. I'm not the Best neither I'm the worst but I'm opportuned. Most employers in Nigeria now capitalizing on the decaying unemployment to exploit and frustrate both employees and even job seekers and forgetting that a better Nigeria will only come from everyone not from the ruling class alone. People should live and let others live no one is useless, pls.

The truth is bitter but whatever makes you sleep well at night, I'd tell you one thing for free, I've never heard of a company that goes through months of recruitment to steal ideas from applicants. You guys are living inside your own head, if the ideas are so great why don't they just sell it, patent or give limited info. You'all should wake the f* up
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
Fourtygees:
Mumu talk

Mumu man
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by lexy2014: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
integridad:
Dear Applicants,

Do you know that there is a new trend with companies especially these small scale "One man businesses"

Companies schedule interviews with people they have no intention hiring, They take advantage of frustrated job seekers, ask them questions usually around business development to steal their ideas.

Job seekers who went through pain or spent a lot, some even borrowed to arrive at the interview venue.

This is very wrong, NLC should look into this exploitation

Most Nigerian jobs posted on LinkedIn are fake, companies do this to create publicity and a faux appearance of growth,

Applicants beware!!

If you ever attend an interview like this, please visit this post and tag the company.

Which NLC be that?
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Oyerinde16:

It's the job of a company to employ and train, most Nigerian graduates are trained to be flexible and ready to adapt...

Lazy companies want already made... They want a millionaire to come and turn thier dead company around, yet they want to pay stipends...

I have dealt with so many company in this category... I tell you I can do this and that,.I tell them I have connection to this and that, I also tell them I can bring this deal and that deal... Some interviewee had to call thier Gmd, they wondered why someone like me will be looking for job... But I told them I wanted to start with a new company due to my exit from my former oils servicing company...

They quickly organized a special interview where I negotiated a fat salary, the employed me in, I requested for 3 months to familiarize and start bringing in deals... They agreed, I requested I will only come to work 3rise a week, they agreed, all they were after was the big deals I promised them...

I collected 6 months fat salary, flew first class, and exited the company...

Good for you, but you had to do well in the interview and prepare for them,that's all that matters. But if you expect companies to just recruit any idiot and train them because they are graduates ,the when you open your company you should lead the way
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
Uniquekriss:
I believe you are not in the category of an applicant or a job seeker, probably you stand on the other side of the divide.

Now let me tell you my story...
Sometime ago I got interviewed for a role and to the best of my knowledge I did very well, not too long from then I was offered the job, I never knew it was a one man business, I started the job on a managerial role, I was made to head some other staff who had been in the organization for a long period, one of them was even a sister to the Chairman who schooled abroad but had little or no experience on the role, another was someone who had been there for years who knew the in and out of the organization, now she didn't have the professional expertise that was needed to run a department or organize a structure, so I was made to head the department to organize the department and familiarize every other staff with the SOPs which they lacked as an organization, just one month I worked, when I got paid, it wasn't the full money we agreed that I got, when I reached out to the chairman, he came up with the lame excuses that the department had not impressed him (within one month o) but I was convinced that people within the organization knew that there were changes as virtually everyone in the department were all working based on manual intelligence, they were just there to run errands and didn't know about standards and procedures prior to my resumption, they couldn't even gather data or use any ERP before I came, within one month, our reporting system was apt, the softwares for work became active and people began to follow procedures, I later got to discover that my assistant was earning more than me, that same day I tendered my resignation and left, though the man didn't meet up with the agreement but I got another offer in a multinational within 8days with an increase of about 250% of what they were paying with 13th month, leave allowance and HMO for me and my spouse and 4Chidrren.

I know it was favour from God, not by my power that I secured the next job but tbh, if I didn't do well in the interview, I won't be considered in an organization that I never knew anyone neither did I lobby.

The major cause of all these anomalies in a work place especially the one man business is that our HR Personnels do not know their onions, their job is to tell CEOs how things should be done but they choose to shy away. As an HR personnel, your employer should respect you when they know that you understand your job and you're able to school them in the proper manners as most of these CEOs only have money and not experience hence the need for a HR that understands labour laws and the tenets of working in an organized setting.

You've spoken well, there are good and bad employers and there are good and bad applicants and employee. But I'd tell you what I've learned is that no man is a tree planted to remain at one spot ,and I've also learned to measure people's worth by their value/risk and responsibility. The man who brings the most value, bears the most responsibility and risk ,should get the most reward.

If you find yourself anywhere that your shot changed you should move ,it's simple as that
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Lannister360: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:

Another Senior Applicant of Nigeria (SAN) spotted, I'd tell you for free ,people are changing jobs daily and getting higher pay and good work satisfaction, the problem is,many of you don't just want to upskill, but if it makes you feel better about yourself and mediocre life, by all means continue to wallow in it.

If you go to a job page or on LinkedIn, you'd see loads of job, many people get interview invite directly to their inbox from head hunters every other day, but it's not just for anybody it's only for the finest and skilled.
Mr man get off your high horse, the fact that you're lucky doesn't mean you're better than those that are jobless, many graduates are upping their skills everyday, if some jobless graduates show you degrees and certifications when them don gather you go quiet, don't think you're more hardworking than those who are not in your level.

There are thousands of jobless graduates in your field that are MORE SKILLED than YOU

THE TRUTH IS THAT IS NOT THAT NIGERIANS ARE NOT SKILLED ENOUGH OR HARDWORKING ENOUGH, NIGERIA IS JUST A SHITTY COUNTY
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2023
nnamdi640:
They are not good enough but when they travel out of the country, they become good enough. People like you are the one Mr op is referring to. If you think they are not good enough why not be doing your job for yourself without seeking for people's help. Beside, some companies bring in workers and placed them on training just to make them good, I hate when people come on social media and start saying things which shouldn't be. Am sure when you see those ones you think are good enough, you won't be able to pay them well.

Every man worth is measured by the value they bring and the risk they bear,some see their value and demand their true worth ,others don't have any value but demand for it, and some have value but don't see it.

It is this inefficiency that leads to negotiation between labour provider and employees, when there isn't a good match either the employer or employee feels dissatisfied. One you know your value and risk , you can make demand and if employers see it they'd pay handsomely for it
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lannister360:

Mr man get off your high horse, the fact that you're lucky doesn't mean you're better than those that are jobless, many graduates are upping their skills everyday, if some jobless graduates show you degrees and certifications when them don gather you go quiet, don't think you're more hardworking than those who are not in your level.

There are thousands of jobless graduates in your field that are MORE SKILLED than YOU

THE TRUTH IS THAT IS NOT THAT NIGERIANS ARE NOT SKILLED ENOUGH OR HARDWORKING ENOUGH, NIGERIA IS JUST A SHITTY COUNTY

I've worked hard for what I get, some have also worked harder and got less and many work very little and get more. These are the inefficiencies of the labour market and rewards do not accrue based on merits, inorder to even the field and improve your chances, you have to upskill and put in the work, but it's also easy to blame the country for everything
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Lannister360: 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2023
ONNYX:

If they want 50 years experience and you don't have then it simply means you are unqualified for that particular job. Move on and get the opportunity that you are qualified for and trust me if you are good enough you will be appreciated with an offer letter.

Stop blaming the HR. Focus on improving yourself and make your skills attractive and perhaps even indispensable. Away with theory that you are entitled to a job from Government just because you managed to go through a tertiary education and were fed with irrelevant theories.

Welcome to the real world bro.

Point of correction, I didn't manage, I graduated well. Every so called experienced person you find today was once inexperienced and also passed through the same university with irrelevant theories, they only got to where they are today because someone gave them a chance, if these people where asked to present a 50 years experience back then how will they have gotten to where they are today?

There are no opportunities out there for fresh graduates, every HR is looking for experience, even on entry levels they will still be asking for 50 years experience.

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by judges: 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2023
Any job with the interview is fake, employment in this country is pals to pals, family to family. Take it or leave it.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
fxexperts:
Please do not always generalized, maybe if you have not experinced it before dont give fallcy of hasty generalization, there have to be some guidline of some sort for some of these companies conducting interviews. i agree with you that most Nigerians graduates are unemployable but that cannot be generalized. I have been a victim of what OP posted above it happened in 2019 when i applied for one job online the company was in Ikoyi lagos and at that time i was working in Delta state. I was working for the Nigerian National Petroleum Development company as a contract staff at that time and when this company contacted me for a job they asked for my expected salary. i gave a figure and they asked why i wanted to leave the NPDC and i told them i am a contract staff, so the said the role is for a full-time staff and then i told them my expected salary surpassing over N20million per Anum they agreed i decided to take the bath for an interview with them. Few days before the interview the sent me a proposal to do a bidding for a contract they were chasing from my company NPDC that was the first red flag. Their recruitment officer called me back some days why i didnt submit the first interview test, and i told him i could smell a rat and he tried to convince me that i can create a dummy company name to do the bidding that they were just trying to test my skills around bidding and that was going to be my main job when i resume with them and i told him their are other ways you can find this out and not by asking me to do a real time bidding for you.

So they invited me for the interview without me doing the bidding stage, i took excuse from work for 2 days took flight to Lagos one to get and i found at that this dirty company is a one man company without any foundation base trying to break into the oil and gas sector and all the guys working there including the one who was calling me all this while were just little kids fresh out of school with no experience.

I kept my cool had a interview session with them and their foolish MD, only for him to start asking questions around the proposal scope and anytime i give any figure around the scope he will ask his errand boys to write it down, when he ask for cost around some of the equipment if i mention the range he will ask them to write it down. then it dawns on me that this man wants me to do a bidding for them for free.

I can't believe that after the interview the MD still ask me to do and submit the first stage which is the bidding stage before i leave that was when i shouted at the useless boys working for him, that something is wrong with their head.

Also, when i first heard the company is in Ikoyi i was impressed but when i went to their office i observed that they shared the same office space with a hundred more companies, which means they just rented an office to scam innocent job seekers.

Couldn't get anything from them not even a thank you for coming money.

I couldn't believe I wasted my money and time just to do some free jobs for one useless man. Here is the fucking address of the company and the useless guy that called for the job.

TIMILEYIN ALABI,
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

IPMC Limited
18b, Olu Holloway Road
Ikoyi
Lagos State.

This is where the "intelligent" applicant comes in, you can submit a proposal and do technical interviews using dummy data and numbers.
It's typical practice for companies to present technical question, and tasks to applicants, heck, people write essays and submit business proposals to get funding every other day in search for better opportunities.

In my years of building projects for clients my team have what we call "blue idea ocean" ,it's that feeling most people have when they thing their ideas are worth a whole lot ,when they give us project they present us with buggy NDA and many protocols ,meanwhile we just want to set up their softwares ,fix their bugs and move the f** on, we see these ideas shit tonnes of them, and the beauty of it is, every single one of those sucker feel they have the next big thing.
Jesus Christ it's almost hilarious...
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by dmaze: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Happened to me. It was in the guise to build a financi, a
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Lannister360: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:

I've worked hard for what I get, some have also worked harder and got less and many work very little and get more. These are the inefficiencies of the labour market and rewards do not accrue based on merits, inorder to even the field and improve your chances, you have to upskill and put in the work, but it's also easy to blame the country for everything

You know all these and you still feel like you're more hardworking than everyone who is jobless, if I tell you where I don waka reach you go shock, I was the best student in my class back then in school, people when I de do assignment and organise tutorial for don get work for oil company, I even recently wrote a master's project for one of them who is Abroad and the person got a Distinction. note that this project is not related to my field at all. It's more like someone who studied Engineering writing a master project for a UK student studying Psychology and the person got a Distinction. Still yet I'm being rejected by all these BLIND GATE KEEPING HR

Upskill upskill upskill, for how long?

I've applied for positions I'm over qualified for and I didn't get them, what skill are you talking about?

Companies employe people base on connection and experience.

They employ fresh graduates who has connections and these connected people get the experience they need and become highly sorted after and thus move to better jobs while qualified fresh graduates are constantly being denied the opportunity to gain that experience.

I'm a freelance software developer and there is one particular company that get job seekers to build live projects for them all in the name of interview, they then use this projects to make money while rejected everyone.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by IbnIbrahim: 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
integridad:

- 'to steal their ideas'
means I'm writing about job applicants who are intelligent.
Later one wld discover that the ideas or solutions that was shared by an applicant is being used or implemented by the company. That is intellectual theft and being done to job seekers makes it more debasing.

How are you sure that their ideas or solutions are being used? What objective parameter(s) did use in coming to that conclusion. One thing I have observed in my entrepreneurial journey is that we live in a fast-paced world, if you think you have an idea, someone else is already executing or about to execute the idea.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by nnamdi640: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:

Every man worth is measured by the value they bring and the risk they bear,some see their value and demand their true worth ,others don't have any value but demand for it, and some have value but don't see it.

It is this inefficiency that leads to negotiation between labour provider and employees, when there isn't a good match either the employer or employee feels dissatisfied. One you know your value and risk , you can make demand and if employers see it they'd pay handsomely for it
In this country, it is only few employees that pays their workers what they worth, others under pays their workers as a result of greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months / FAAN Successful Candidate / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.