Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is It Good To Date Your Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Date Your Friend? (3689 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Ever Date Your Ex Again? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Rhea(f): 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2007
Dating your friend?
You will never know until you date your enemy
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by One: 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2007
Who else will you date?
A stranger ?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by breeolan(f): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2007
One:

Who else will you date?
A stranger ?
Rhea:

Dating your friend?
You will never know until you date your enemy

u guys dnt seem to get d gist, do u?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by ecorel(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2007
daz da best way to be free from yama yama dizzies (HIV), knowin whom U r datin seems kool.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by choco4life(m): 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2007
Dating ur friend makes things easy
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by MP007(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2007
depends
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by nico(m): 12:33am On Apr 11, 2007
Unless your friend is a cow
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by breeolan(f): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2007
e_corel:

daz da best way to be free from yama yama dizzies (HIV), knowin whom U r datin seems kool.

is it dat they ought to seem cool or that they are cool, seeming cool and being cool are 2 different things oo
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by hannydarl(f): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2007
@ e_corel

who tell you say dating your friend will protect you from yama yama disease? If you think that way then you are at a higher risk of catching one.Who says in a relationship dat started as friendship a partner cannot cheat on the other and bring yama yama disease home to you?Even husbands bring it home talkless of boyfriend/girlfriend thing.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by suly(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2007
smileywow! dat would col for a better and cordial relationship cos the understanding is already there. kiss
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Choco(f): 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2007
I think its ok.Currently dating my friend and its been ok (nothing like dating some1 u can really talk to).

It won't be easy initially cos u guys cud feel awkward around each other but if u guys are very good friends then that phase would pass easily.Another thing is u guys should be sure of what u are doing before making it public and also be sure of the feelings u have 4 each other cos this could eventually affect ur friendship either positively or negatively. Whatever happens sha! please if you value ur friendship very much, hang on to it as if ur life depends on it.

Well all d best!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by deb(m): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2007
I think your friend is the best person to be your lover.

period! wink
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by kokorunna(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2007
Of course its better tongue
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by akindayor(m): 5:56am On Apr 14, 2007
i'm dating my friend
realized we've got unresolved differences
its gettin sour and i want out!
this shizzy happens for real am 1 example
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by star01(m): 5:57am On Apr 14, 2007
i still cant understand this topic, DATING UR FRIEND AS IN, ?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by IBDat(m): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2007
Yes it does work out, better than most actually. At least during friendship they would have gotten to know all your habits, attitude, moods - the true u (n vice versa), the only thing you have to work on is sleeping and living together.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by MRdazzle(m): 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2007
I quite agree with you on that one DEB, it is very good to date your friend because friendship is the upmost and first thing that must be achieved before anything else. I think the best relationship happen when you fall in love with your best friend. Having a friend, lover and possibly a wife or husband in one person is great. Don't you think?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by swiftycool(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2007
@ Topic
YESS!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Tobiegal(f): 1:11pm On May 02, 2007
Its aiight, nuthin bad in it.

B4 now, i tot it wasnt ok, cos u knw, its either it works or u lose a friend,

However, i've come 2 a stage where i believe its just d best thing 2 do, though not as assurance 2 its success, bt a sure gud guide 2 how it wld turn-out 2 b.

ciao cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by dremoney(m): 1:39pm On May 02, 2007
its all good man!!!! cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Tgirl6: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2008
hmm, is it good to date your friend? , this topic is as drab as "is it bad to date your enemy!?" i really appreciate challenging topics dat get me thinking n learning as i read other comments, but for this' i got no comment'
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by Tgirl6: 11:07am On Apr 16, 2008
hmm, is it good to date your friend? , this topic is as drab as "is it bad to date your enemy!?" i really appreciate challenging topics dat get me thinking n learning as i read other comments, but for this' i got no comment'
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by emanuel062: 7:57pm On May 29, 2021
hannydarl:
Its a cool idea depending on how long you two have been friends babes esp should be careful cos some boys can to every to win a womans heart even pretending to be their friends you know a cool guy you can count on,a great shoulder to cry on etc and BAAAM he gets it and scrams.But if both of you have been true friends then what the hell keep the flame of love burnning it will be a good relationship.To me o the devil i know can never be better then an angel i dont know how devil go take give you peace when you date am?I mean i prefere to wait or look for that angel out there than to tie myself with a known devil whom i know nothing good will ever come out of.Same thing goes for the guys.
on point wink
hannydarl:
Its a cool idea depending on how long you two have been friends babes esp should be careful cos some boys can to every to win a womans heart even pretending to be their friends you know a cool guy you can count on,a great shoulder to cry on etc and BAAAM he gets it and scrams.But if both of you have been true friends then what the hell keep the flame of love burnning it will be a good relationship.To me o the devil i know can never be better then an angel i dont know how devil go take give you peace when you date am?I mean i prefere to wait or look for that angel out there than to tie myself with a known devil whom i know nothing good will ever come out of.Same thing goes for the guys.
on point
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by bepositive11: 4:38am On May 30, 2021
Hugoboi:

I beg to differ!!!

Why is that?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by bepositive11: 4:47am On May 30, 2021
breeolan:

u see, dats exactly wat i was talking about, der r sme friendship u shdnt mix romance wif, u could loose d friend and also d r/ship, sme friends are best kept as friends and not lovers,

How do you know which friends are best kept as friends and not lovers?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by bepositive11: 4:47am On May 30, 2021
akindayor:
i'm dating my friend
realized we've got unresolved differences
its gettin sour and i want out!
this shizzy happens for real am 1 example

How long were you friends for? How well did you know them before dating them?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Friend? by bepositive11: 4:48am On May 30, 2021
user86666:
Absolutely! Back in school, I was simply friends with a certain girl for about 2+ years before a relationship broke out between us and it wasnt pre-meditated at all. The relationship was fantastic! The understanding was super and the compatibility was near-perfect. The r/ship started growing from day 1 cos we had the basic rapport and understanding issues under the belt already. Though its been over for 2+ years now, it lasted a 5 blissful years and we're still friends! (we talked yesterday).

If a foundation of friendship exists before the bricks of love are laid on, it acts as a cushion when the love is tested or strained.

Therefore Ive found it difficult to enter relationships if I dont have the time to build a proper friendship with whoever it is, and with the status quo. . . God help me!

Why aren't you two still together?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Girl She's Boring In Bed? Dont Want To Resort To Cheatin On Her / Trying To Hook Up With A Nigerian Girl: Need Advice. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.