Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Name This City And Win 100 USD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name This City And Win 100 USD (8047 Views)

Ondo City And Impact Of Good Governance / What City And State Is This? / When Will Nigeria Be Like This City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2011
Name this city and win 100 USD

Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by aloyemeka1: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by hercules07: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
This is Ibadan, why are you offering 100USD?
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
hercules07:

This is Ibadan, why are you offering 100USD?

You too smart!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by hercules07: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2011
That is my hometown my friend, I should recognise the town, by the way I also recognised Owerri from Abagworo's thread.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast2: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
hercules07:

That is my hometown my friend, I should recognise the town, by the way I also recognised Owerri from Abagworo's thread.

Are you sure you are Yoruba wink wink wink wink
Anyways, what means do you prefer for me to send you the 100 bucks with?
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by hercules07: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2011
100 percent Yoruba, have a drink on me with the 100 USD. You can also post pictures of Okigwe, Uturu and so on and I will identify them, travelled all over the southern part of Nigeria a lot.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by philip0906(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
@south east
nna,send me the money na. . . grin grin grin
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by abadaba(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
hercules07:

Boy you get courage ooh!. No be all man go fit claim that filthy place.
Well done.

1 Like

Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by hercules07: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2011
The little you can see is not dirty, the roofs are just rusted, we have had bad government in that state in the last 8 to 12 years, so, I am not surprised by the decadence, hopefully the new governor can do something better.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Abagworo(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
hercules07:

The little you can see is not dirty, the roofs are just rusted, we have had bad government in that state in the last 8 to 12 years, so, I am not surprised by the decadence, hopefully the new governor can do something better.

They are just trying to pull your legs sha.One thing I have observed is that older cities seem to look rusty in Nigeria.Owerri experienced most of its development from 1999,hence its seemingly modern look.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast2: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2011
hercules07:

Yes, Ibadan is one helluva rusty town. The main city is a babel of rust but you can find some fairly decent (read new) buildings in the suburbs and in outlying areas such as Akobo, parts of Bodija (not the market-dirtiest in the world), few places around Oluyole, and a few other places around IITA (after Ojoo). Moniya is another heavily rusty part of the state.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by adino(m): 4:17am On Oct 03, 2011
@Hercules
I admire your maturity, and the love you have for your town. You are a great Nigerian, continue to keep the flag flying
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by hercules07: 4:53am On Oct 03, 2011
@adino

Thanks, Wetin man pikin go do now, I can not use the left hand to point to my father's house.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by chino11(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2011
Where is this place? This must not be 21 century. This maybe some time in stone age era.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Blackteeth(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2011
"I admire your maturity, and the love you have for your town. You are a great Nigerian, continue to keep the flag flying"

GBAM!
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by olabukola: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
We are not trying at all, Ibadan suppose be the and in Nigeria at large. Am not impressed.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by sirjec(m): 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
hercules07:

LMAO, What is the new governor going to do? Share zinc to people to re roof their houses?

Please get serious, Lol
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Obiagu1(m): 1:34am On Oct 04, 2011
I really need to see the kind of buildings surrounding Cocoa house.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

I really need to see the kind of buildings surrounding Cocoa house.

All crap. Cocoa House is a mini oasis in the desert. However, even that building itself is decrepit as you can read below. As a matter of fact, as of 2005 and back when I was 100% conversant with it, most suites there were rat-infested, dilapidated, and thus, unoccupied. Hope they have been fixed and rented out now.
==================================================================================
Man dies inside Cocoa House elevator - Decomposed body found after three days
By Jackson Udom

TRAGEDY struck on Thursday at the premises of the Cocoa House, the tallest building in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, when a man, in his bid to make use of the lift facility in the commercial complex, fell headlong and died immediately.

The management of the complex and those who have business concerns within the complex were said not to have been aware of the tragedy that had befallen them. According to an eyewitness account, “the man wanted to use the lift, which is under repairs, but he stepped into an empty space which hitherto housed the lift, fell headlong and died instantly.”

It was also gathered that neither the contractor handling the refurbishment of the outdated elevator, nor the workers in the complex, were aware of the unfortunate incident, until the body of the man (whose name is yet to be made public), started decomposing with offensive odour oozing out from the ground floor of the lift compartment.

As a result of the tragic incident, the premises that houses the building is now being inundated with posters warning members of the public to stay clear of the lift area, saying: “The lifts are under repairs and it would be dangerous for anybody to either make use of it or go near it.”

When Sunday Tribune got to the premises, those who spoke with our reporter confirmed the incident but they were not ready to give further information on whether the man died as a result of the faulty and outdated elevator or he died due to his carelessness. They all blamed the management of the building for not being sensitive to the safety of members of the public who come to the premises to transact one business or the other. “Virtually everything in that building is outdated and grossly malfunctioning.

“The elevators there are now death traps. Those elevators were installed by Papa Obafemi Awolowo and since then they have always been undergoing repairs. Now that somebody has been trapped in it, may be they will do something about it.” Attempts by Sunday Tribune to get in touch with the management of the building proved abortive as none of them was available for comments.

According to a police source who pleaded anonymity, “we are yet to know the identity of the deceased and by Monday, we would invite the site contractor, because what we are hearing is that the man was one of their workers. We learnt that the man fell from the lift. The decomposing body of the man had been evacuated to the Adeoyo Mortuary.

When contacted, the Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ms Bisi Okuwobi, confirmed the story adding that the man’s decomposing body was discovered three days after his death inside the elevator. “It is true. The man died several days before his body was found inside the elevator.”
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Obiagu1(m): 1:52am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^

Shocked!

The pride of Yorubaland. They can't even manage/maintain a common building and they want to continue "managing" Nigeria. I now know why Nigeria is in a sorrow state. lipsrsealed
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by OgidiBoy(m): 1:55am On Oct 04, 2011
@ OP

Post another pic of another city, I love games like this.

If the first pic is really Ibadan, why does it look so rusty ? is the city next to an ocean because salt water will rust just about everything.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 2:01am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^
This is Ibadan. Looks like somewhere around Molete, the niche of the late Adedibu, the Ibadan strongman, or around Beere Oje
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Obiagu1(m): 2:08am On Oct 04, 2011
It looks like a city that was cursed.
No new development, yet there are so many people there. What's going on? Where is SW is the most developed region in Nigeria coming from?
Where's the wealth? Kai!
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 04, 2011
I want to believe those talking like that have not been to Ibadan, they are only judging from what they saw here. My own home town make sense ooo, Atleast e better pass some people own sef
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by Beaf: 3:26am On Oct 04, 2011
Abeg, make una free Ibadan.
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 3:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Ibadan

Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by aljharem3: 3:39am On Oct 04, 2011
beautiful city. God bless the people in ibadan kiss
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 3:47am On Oct 04, 2011
Ibadan

Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by tpia5: 3:48am On Oct 04, 2011
is the thread supposed to be dissing ibadan?
Re: Name This City And Win 100 USD by SouthEast1: 3:53am On Oct 04, 2011
Ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Be Prepared For Future Where Oil Has Little Value,osinbajo Warns / Survey Reveals: Senator Akpabio’s Election Petition Is The Most Widely-publicize / Who Knows Mr Femi Falana's Phone Number, I May Need To Sue 11, Walter Carington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.