Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (35605 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
maasoap:

You can't make anything in the village. We are are not talking about someone with money investing in agriculture, we're talking about jobless lazy ass man and his family moving back to village. They will only be living from hand to mouth. He is relocating simply because of free accommodation that awaits him, nothing else. He just wants to solve the problem of house rent without hustling or sweating. Such man shouldn't be taken seriously.
What is in the village? Nothing! Take it from someone who had village experience. Boring life, nothing more.

Thank you o

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Konjiboii: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
CJStarz:
Wow! I was in your shoes some years ago. I see myself in you. My dear, DO NOT RELOCATE TO THE VILLAGE with him if you wish a great future for yourself and your children. In my case,I stood my ground. He abandoned the kids and I and stayed away for almost two years. With absolute faith in God,I took up the challenge. Now he's back,but I'm moving ahead ahead. Kids doing well in school.
Nne, you can make it. Look steadfastly unto God. U can move out of that flat and live in a cheaper room. Luckily you have only one child now. I struggled with children. Where there's a will, there's a way You shall testify in Jesus Name.
Are you guys still together and what is he doing now?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by dapadawee: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
maasoap:

Nothing in the village, no future there for you most especially if you skilled or educated
Farming
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by tonididdy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Irresponsibility at its peak!

That aside: I pity a lot of tenants, imagine given such huge chunk of savings to a landlord.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by henrimoto(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
mariahAngel:

You saw it that way because you brought in city money.
Money no dey village.
No be all villages. There are villages wey money dey. Just say, most of the village residents that are not exposed don't know about these money-spinning resources they have.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by na2016: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
jesmond3945:
is the kids. Training the kids in a village will set them back. We are not living in the 80s

This isn't true. Some villages still have good schools. What she can do is to find out where that village is and see if it is okay to live and have something to do there. Some villages are not as bad!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by yusuyo: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
[quote author=thesicilian post=123920722]Technically we as strangers should have no say in how your home is run, that should be between you and your husband. You alone should decide whether you want to maintain your family unit and move with him to the village, or risk the possibility of a separation between husband and wife, father and children by refusing to go with him. Either one you choose will have its own advantages and consequences so think about it carefully.
A third option might be to help him look for any job that can persuade him to stay in the city[why then are you commenting. From the beginning she said she needs your advice or suggestion and she goes ahead what is translating between her husband and she. So, if you have no suggestion for advice to offer why should you comment?]
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
na2016:
■ This isn't true. Some villages still have good schools. What she can do is to find out where that village is and see if it is okay to live and have something to do there. Some villages are not as bad!
Example? Please provide the Village name, LGA, and State so we can investigate this claim. undecided

Someone mentioned a village I happened to be well acquainted with and listed a school I knew for a fact that the majority of the people living in that same village couldn't afford to attend. Just because a good school is situated in a village does not mean it is accessible to those living there mind you. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Rubbiish(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
The problem is if u don't go with him & wish to stay back in the city to do this on your own, there is high chances u are going to commit adultery. Unless u have relations & friends willing to support u.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by highoctane: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But most of the kids born in Uturu can't even afford to attend that school. I know this one quite well since I spent some time in Uturu myself back in the day. Those associated with Marist Brothers and ABSU could probably boast of something but generally Uturu had nothing else to offer in the way of industry and the lot. A lot of those who attended the school in question came from the big cities, as far as Lagos State. Instead, many of the local children have to commute daily the other way towards Okigwe over that steep hill to get to school every day. (I almost died of a heart attack every time I had to venture over that road back then) Also, solar-powered homes are only common as far as the rich and political class who settled in the area. The vast majority who are poor have no access to any of that. undecided

So, if this man is moving to the village because he has no money, what makes you think that living in a place like Uturu where he can't afford to send his kids to Marist Brothers Juniorate Academy would benefit him? undecided
What a shame. May be you re in my town in the 80s..
You didn't read of Masters Energy Industries? You didn't read of Ik Ibe group of Industries, You re not aware of Sab group, Chimezie groups,
I am happy you indicated that some rich persons existed not non indigenes, but indigenes
If you re proud of your village or town let's have it.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
highoctane:
■ What a shame. May be you re in my town in the 80s. If you re proud of your village or town let's have it.
Were you in Uturu in the 80s? Did you attend Marist Brothers back then? undecided

I attended school in a village myself but I know that the majority of the indigenes of that village could not afford to attend that same school that I did. They had to find their levels, so to speak, at local schools in the area instead. Is that anything to boast of as far as someone who lives in the village? undecided

Remember this is a discussion about the possibility of finding affordable good schools for OP's kid in the village and not your ego. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by ogascomax: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
I won't be writing long. Don't just go because what he is doing here will also reflect when he goes to the village. Your husband is not a fighter but a weakling. It's in his character to be who he is. According to you is village is a typical village not even a semi town. Your children my not have the future you intended for them, you guys may end up not fulfilling your aim and objective. Your chances of making it here increases while it decreases over there. Beside he didn't explain his plans to you. What is plan is according to me will be anyhow e be make e be. That is the voice of a failed man. Don't devoice him because devoice don't exist, you guys should be communicating from a distance and if he is a serious minded person he will be sending you cash no matter how little it is. If he doesn't do that just know that he is not truly a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
na2016:

This isn't true. Some villages still have good schools. What she can do is to find out where that village is and see if it is okay to live and have something to do there. Some villages are not as bad!

I've been in and out of over 200 villages between Lagos and Abuja. 90% of villages are inhabitable for city dwellers.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by na2016: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Example? Please provide the Village name, LGA, and State so we can investigate this claim. undecided

Someone mentioned a village I happened to be well acquainted with and listed a school I knew for a fact that the majority of the people living in that same village couldn't afford to attend. Just because a good school is situated in a village does not mean it is accessible to those living there mind you. undecided

How many states back in Nigeria do you know? If I mention a village now, how will you even know if what I am saying is true or not? Guy calm down. If it is by this some of us who schooled in the villages would have been nothing now.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
na2016:
How many states back in Nigeria do you know? If I mention a village now, how will you even know if what I am saying is true or not? Guy calm down. If it is by this some of us who schooled in the villages would have been nothing now.
Ever heard the saying, "It's a small world after all"? undecided

Just give me the Village name, LGA, and state I will do the digging for myself to find what I need it. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Pacesetter2021: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
maasoap:

You can't make anything in the village. We are are not talking about someone with money investing in agriculture, we're talking about jobless lazy ass man and his family moving back to village. They will only be living from hand to mouth. He is relocating simply because of free accommodation that awaits him, nothing else. He just wants to solve the problem of house rent without hustling or sweating. Such man shouldn't be taken seriously.
What is in the village? Nothing! Take it from someone who had village experience. Boring life, nothing more.
but the free house gives her peace of mind and room to be creative and proactive.

She can start poultry and take her livestock to the city to sell and back.

Sometimes everything is not hustle hustle. Sometimes peace everything.

Even if it's just planting what can be feeding them, you are at peace and will live longer

The dynamics are changing by the day.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Brownshoe: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
AgentGoat:

Why do you married an irresponsible man?
na handsomeness, if somebody like us responsible but ugly approach them, they will decline, madam go enjoy village with ur handsome hubby.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Komu1048(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
Thebest12:

Oga my village school teach pass private school way i day see for lag here . You people underates vilalages shall . I prefer my ville to this Lagos

Many of them are just stupid. Many private schools are teaching better than the cities.

Beside education is more of personal development than what the teacher or school is doing. I have village friends that made first class in uni n law sch. One got scholarship in Oxford and he still came first. Those guys study so hard n it pays off, no b by big building ooo
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Pootle: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
na wa o a room self contain for 250k shocked
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Nectarbaba(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

I am from Isanlu, do you mind asking what you went there for?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by mimilogistics: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?
He's not even considering all these.
Pls, advice me on what to do. I'm really fed up.
We can offer your husband an instant job and place him on biweekly wage.

If you guys reside in Lagos and your husband can ride bicycle professionally, let him apply through this link https://www.nairaland.com/7716795/mimilogs-nigeria-recruiting-lagos-apply

He will be earning more than 100k monthly if he dedicate his time and energy to the job and will earn other extra bonuses and food problem in your house may come to an end too.

This is a rare opportunity for you guys, if he wishes to apply, quote me and give me his first name here

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by CJStarz: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
I seriously wanted a divorce at the height of it all but my parents prevailed on me, because of my children. Boy! I suffered! He's back now,full of remorse. I have forgiven him but it hurt so much. Raising 6 kids alone wasn't a joke. Indeed, God proved Himself ever faithful.

Konjiboii:

Are you guys still together and what is he doing now?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Honeydenz(f): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dminister:
Women avoid men that are lazy, no vision men and men that are easily defeated by situation. I remember when I had no job, I have family to feed and I couldn’t even bear it seeing my wife taking care of our needs despite her salaries being enough to take care of everything. I decided to start hawking breads on Lagos roads just to make sure I am in charge taking care of my family until something better came up.

If you can’t belittle yourself to care for your family and open up opportunities then you are not a man
Exactly, my husband had to work as an okada man for over a year when he lost his job,An MSC holder o, hmmmm I had a shop, he never depended or rely on my business for once, till he got another job. We still have men that have integrity and Sense of responsibility, it's a pity what op is passing through

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Enemyofpeace: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Village people calling
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Ingocof(m): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?

Pls do not go, look for an avoidable accommodation, get a job or do whatever your hands find to do, if he doing that now in the city he will do much more in the village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Poske95(m): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
If he's the man you agreed to....
What about he pops the question for you to go with him there......?!

It maybe a township where your ideas may loosen and you change your life's trajectory and bounce back and move to any city.

I think we're so stereotyped that moving means we lose all.
It's better than prison
Keep the details of his shortcomings to your heart and not here for advice
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Trizyd(m): 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
momsloved:

I wanna ask tho, that 250k rent, who pays it?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Enemyofpeace: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
I don't know why ajepako keeps coming to my mind after reading this thread. Ajepako are you sure this is not your story?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by des4ella(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Example? undecided

Please indicated Village Name, Local Government Area, and State, so we can investigate for ourselves the standard of education there abeg! undecided
Ozalla town, Nkanu west ENUGU STATE.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by hiyagroundz: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
It might not be the perfect time for relocation tho, However you also need to jettison the idea of thinking the village is a place of no opportunity. After all, he grew up there and have family n friends there who could help with ideas and opportunities for making greater wealth which he might not have in cities.
I went to my Village and saw young men making money from Palm oil, groundnut and
other crops storage, and making impact building houses n owning cars and I began to wonder how long that would take me with a salary plus bills in cities to acquire that.
Either way, the decision is yours but the resilience of a wife at dire times counts, incase he go blow and is forced to marry his own people, I no want hear stories.
Ask him about his possibilities & plans on achieving that, putting family convenience in the equation. Peace
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
des4ella:
Ozalla town, Nkanu west ENUGU STATE.
Is the school in question Ozalla high school? The community secondary school there? undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by highoctane: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Were you in Uturu in the 80s? Did you attend Marist Brothers back then? undecided

I attended school in a village myself but I know that the majority of the indigenes of that village could not afford to attend that same school that I did. They had to find their levels, so to speak, at local schools in the area instead. Is that anything to boast of as far as someone who lives in the village? undecided

Remember this is a discussion about the possibility of finding affordable good schools for OP's kid in the village and not your ego. undecided
Marist Brothers Academy was seen by locals as Catholic Church School and are not enthusiastic about it.Most locals attended, most of us are educated outside Uturu, I was a student of Government Technical College Owerri class of 1981. My Elder sister attended Government Girls College Owerri. My cousin's Government Boys College Owerri, Many attended Government college Umuahia, Ihube Boys College, Methodist College in Umuahia etc.
ABSU and Gregory Universities have many graduates who re indigene of Uturu,
I am proud of Uturu land of the brave and resourcefulness.
Let's have your village, you might direct the OP to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bored In Marriage / “My wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court / Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.