Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (35651 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
[quote author=momsloved post=123920640]Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?
He's not even considering all these.
Pls, advice me on what to do. I'm really fed up.

My beloved sister hear me loud and clear, there's a mistake ladies make without knowing the implications.
They ignore the spirituality of the husband thinking that been a man is about strength and money, never.
Your husband has been frustrated spiritually. He has been tossed around by the enemy and going to the village will be like scoring a final goal for the enemy. Yes, it's what they have planned.
Your husband is my daddy type.
When this issue arose in my family.
Exactly same issue, my mum (bread winner) refused to follow my dad to the village and we ourselves refused going with him.
I can't put everything in writing here.
Just go close to God for direction.
MY LOVE GO FOR A WEEK LONG PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY. THAT BATTLE IS NO ABOUT GOING TO THE VILLAGE, IT'S ABOUT TEARING DOWN EVERYTHING IN YOUR FAMILY.
DISEASES AND DEATH WILL FOLLOW SUIT .
I REPEAT, A WEEK LONG PRAYERS AND FASTING FOR GOD'S INTERVENTION WILL HELP YOU OUT

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
My beloved sister hear me loud and clear, there's a mistake ladies make without knowing the implications.
They ignore the spirituality of the husband thinking that been a man is about strength and money, never.
Your husband has been frustrated spiritually. He has been tossed around by the enemy and going to the village will be like scoring a final goal for the enemy. Yes, it's what they have planned.
Your husband is my daddy type.
When this issue arose in my family.
Exactly same issue, my mum (bread winner) refused to follow my dad to the village and we ourselves refused going with him.
I can't put everything in writing here.
Just go close to God for direction.
MY LOVE GO FOR A WEEK LONG PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY. THAT BATTLE IS NO ABOUT GOING TO THE VILLAGE, IT'S ABOUT TEARING DOWN EVERYTHING IN YOUR FAMILY.
DISEASES AND DEATH WILL FOLLOW SUIT .
I REPEAT, A WEEK LONG PRAYERS AND FASTING FOR GOD'S INTERVENTION WILL HELP YOU OUT
Week long prayer to which God though? undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 12:00am On Jun 21, 2023
[quote author=emekajacobogbon post=123932077][/quote]

I saw a vision immediately I opened this post. You nailed exactly what I saw. Sickness, death. The man won't recover from it. You're spot on. Sickness and death follows the journey. The way out when things gets ruffled is prayer, fervent one and then seek the Holy Spirit for guidance

A Christian family should take such moments as opportunity to seek Gods face on prayer mountain if possible for up to a month

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2023
DeeBaDan:
I saw a vision immediately I opened this post. You nailed exactly what I saw. Sickness, death. The man won't recover from it. You're spot on. Sickness and death follows the journey. The way out when things gets ruffled is prayer, fervent one and then seek the Holy Spirit for guidance
A Christian family should take such moments as opportunity to seek Gods face on prayer mountain if possible for up to a month
But according to Scripture, there's no such thing as a Christian family as you lot imagine and your prayers ...well.. you have millions and millions of women who fill up your churches decade after decade with no answers and no end in sight to their many requests as proof that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. As far as your claims that His Holy Spirit in somehow a guide to you all as far as these lies you spew using His name, He instead said that no unholy individual can have His Holy Spirit as a guide. So who do we believe here...Scripture or you? undecidedI
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by emekajacobogbon(m): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Week long prayer to which God though? undecided

Once upon a time, a f**l said in his heart that there's no GOD
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Jun 21, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
β–  Once upon a time, a f**l said in his heart that there's no GOD
Oh, I know for a fact that God exists. But what I also know is the delusions you carry there have absolutely nothing with the God of Scripture it that is who you are attempting to associate all that gobbledygook with.. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Cassandraloius: 12:32am On Jun 21, 2023
Hmmm... This is something you might have noticed at the beginning of the relationship and you totally ignored.
I detest the character of people with I don't care lifestyle, he should take his life seriously. Starting a new family isn't for the weak, unless you want your children to suffer, you two should put head together and work things out, talk to him, there are cheaper houses in town and some menial jobs he can manage for the meantime.
Wishing you good luck madam.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by jeff1607(m): 12:54am On Jun 21, 2023
DeeBaDan:

You started wrongly. Why not mehn ought not to lead their families into danger. How about you say he should go to the village first to determine the suitability for the family. How about going to the village isn't the entire answer and he should have plans in place

Man, get lost

You don't just dabble into people's marriage when you don't have an iota of experience, she will bear the consequences of whatever she decides to do if she listens to you,

If you were married you would have proudly said so, one who is single should never ever ever advice a married couple, best you seat back and learn.

It's like a baby giving an adult lessons on how to walk , irrespective of the situation of anyone's marriage you have no right to tell or anyone who is married what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Ilekokonit: 1:06am On Jun 21, 2023
If you want your marriage to last, you have to relocate with your husband and children to your husband's village.

If you don't move with him to his village and he impregnates and marries another woman in his village, you will only have yourself to blame.

Neither you nor your husband can afford the N250k rent renewal due next month and staying put in that flat until the rent expires will most likely lead to you being evicted with your 2 children and lead to homelessness and possible destitution as neither you nor your husband is currently working ?

At least you will not have to pay rent in your husbands village.

Remember what you signed up for in your marital vows - For better for worse, for richer for poorer, till death do you part.

Life is not a bed of roses and the way you handle and deal with these temporary trying times will determine a lot in your future.

This trying period will pass and you guys will bounce back as a couple if you can find a way to stick together and be a source of strength to one another in these trying times and sticking together means relocating to his village. Afterall if there was war and everyone had to go back to their village, you as a married woman will have no choice but to move with your husband and children to his village.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by bitingcool: 2:02am On Jun 21, 2023
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?

don't go to any village. Everyone's destiny is different. Fight for yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Ynix(m): 2:31am On Jun 21, 2023
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

It's not a bad idea for you in person if electricity is good. Plan on getting a laptop, try learning some digital skills that are globally relevant, tweak your LinkedIn profile to feature those skills, make good money in USD and from the village return back to the city or travel out.

If he doesn't have a plan, look for his soft spot and bank on it for his paradigm shift. There is this lady that help Young Nigerians, ladies especially hone their digital skills and train them towards being valuable in the digital space check the link below

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100076595988886

But in case you or your husband need some advice as regards finance and economic stability you can reach out to me on 08184397113 I am well abreast about that and how the average Nigerian can have a shift in that aspect of life
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 4:55am On Jun 21, 2023
jeff1607:

You don't just dabble into people's marriage when you don't have an iota of experience, she will bear the consequences of whatever she decides to do if she listens to you,

If you were married you would have proudly said so, one who is single should never ever ever advice a married couple, best you seat back and learn.

It's like a baby giving an adult lessons on how to walk , irrespective of the situation of anyone's marriage you have no right to tell or anyone who is married what to do.

Public space.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Obiorahpcfg: 5:21am On Jun 21, 2023
momsloved:

don't try it oh! Just look for a more cheaper and safer accommodation. Then double your husstles. Your success will bring him back to the city
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Success1975: 5:49am On Jun 21, 2023
St John science secondary school is located in a village in Alor, Anambra state and yet they went for an international science competition abroad and came 3rd. Anyway, Alor is not even a village, na town.
Kobojunkie:
Example? undecided

Please indicate Village Name, Local Government Area, and State, so we can investigate for ourselves the standard of education there abeg! undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Jun 21, 2023
Success1975:
St John science secondary school is located in a village in Alor, Anambra state and yet they went for an international science competition abroad and came 3rd. Anyway, Alor is not even a village, na town.
What percentage of the kids born and raised in that very community where that school is located in are not only able to afford it but also attend the school? undecided

How many of those who competed in the international competition where born locally in that community?, undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:19am On Jun 21, 2023
jesmond3945:
in lagos, abuja or ph or probably ondo, anambra depends. Not in ochi or emerienwe. Op know how far

Some of you, especially those from the s/west, don't travel outside their states, but make crazy inferences from their limited experiences.

Every village is not like your own or the ones you're familiar with in your locality.

Most Imo state villages are not that underdeveloped, as people travel out and invest back home, and there's competition for every family to ''represent''.

I attended both primary and secondary education in my village, wrote JAMB there in 2001, scored over 300 and got admission to study medicine @UNN, and outperformed classmates whose parents spent(if not wasted) thousands of naira training in big secondary schools in those ''big'' cities you mentioned.

So, villages have levels.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2023
na2016:

This isn't true. Some villages still have good schools. What she can do is to find out where that village is and see if it is okay to live and have something to do there. Some villages are not as bad!

Don't mind some of these guys.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Mummiesboy: 6:53am On Jun 21, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Honestly, this is sad.

I'm just pitying the unfortunate driver that will pack all una worthless and dirty ngbongbo to the village. All the konkom milo, ragolis mmanu and ekete onions and cartons wey poverty no let una throway.

Tueh!!
You well soo?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Mummiesboy: 7:11am On Jun 21, 2023
Sunnyski:
Marry a man with vision and dream you won't listen, now look at your nightmare.
Life is not a bed of roses. Sometimes shit happens, time and season for every thing under the sun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Chinny024(f): 7:49am On Jun 21, 2023
This is serious one ooo...
N.land should have a means of contributing at least #500 for someone in desperate need as this..

You can beg the landlord to give you atleast some months and see if help will come..

Mention the state you people are in to know if someone around can atleast offer some help,a job for you to cather for the kids.

After this baby,do family planning or let him use protection please to bounce back..

God won't let you down..
Every family has a trying time,this shall pass and become a stepping stone..
Hugs sister πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
I feel ur pain..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2023
Chinny024:
This is serious one ooo...
N.land should have a means of contributing at least #500 for someone in desperate need as this..

You can beg the landlord to give you atleast some months and see if help will come..

Mention the state you people are in to know if someone around can atleast offer some help,a job for you to cather for the kids.

After this baby,do family planning or let him use protection please to bounce back..

God won't let you down..
Every family has a trying time,this shall pass and become a stepping stone..
Hugs sister πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
I feel ur pain..
We're in Abuja. Thank you
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Blackman101: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Pray to which God? The same God that has yet to answer the millions of women clogging up your church spaces who came before her, many of whom have been praying for decades? Or Is it the same God who said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? Or are we talking of the same God who said that in order to become worthy of Him one is to abandon husband, wife, children, father, mother, sisters, brothers, work, career, etc.? undecided

no matter your position, God almighty still remain God over all things now and forever.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Alonso91(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2023
Omoh eleyi deep gan

I pray God guide you into the right path
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by emmyN(m): 8:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

This sounds like such an irony for me because I went to my village for the very first time last month, and that place is worse than what we see on nollywood. Practically in the middle of nowhere cheesy.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Don't go. Let him go alone

You find a very cheap accomodation and do menial things you can do and make up to 50k per month. Like fried potato chips, fried plantain chips. Supply to shops. God will take care of you

When the chips are down, men drop professionalism.and go for what's available. If he can't forgo his pride and learn driver to get a car or bus he can drive and make daily income, divorce him. You don't need a loser as a mother of children. When things get tough, men ought to get tougher not fold up.

Going to village isn't proactive, productive, profitable or strategic. His inclinations as a man should tilt towards profitability not to recline to some nonsensical ideas. I travel.across multiple villages across the entire Nigeria. Let him go and try it for six months if he thinks the poverty in the city and that of the village are on the same.par
It is not the way you say it that it is.'Making #50k daily by frying potato'
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Chinny024(f): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2023
momsloved:
We're in Abuja. Thank you

Edit the post and include ur location..

You don't know where help might come from....Will get in touch if I come across any for you dear...
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 9:47am On Jun 21, 2023
Revolution2022:
It is not the way you say it that it is.'Making #50k daily by frying potato'

50,000 Naira monthly isn't a big deal Sir. 50,000 Naira monthly is like saying aim to make 1,600 Naira per day
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2023
agbonkamen:
if he gets another Job, how sure are you he won't loose the job again out of carelessness? I am sure you read where she said, he has lost two jobs due to his carelessness.
That's one sided story. I don't believe one sided stories, especially coming from a woman

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Cloudflare: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
so to your Wacky mind. everyone in the village are cutting palm tree? If you care to know my village, I'm from Agbor-Obi, Ika South LGA. My village is not your village, don't ever think that every village is like your village. Please travel and educate yourself.

A village in delta na u dey use make mouth like this? So for your mind, the OP should travel to her village and stay? I hope you're not in the city? You should relocate ASAP and go to your village since there are opportunities there.

I don't know what is wrong with you motivational speakers. Even in a village in the US, oga there are no opportunities there except when one goes to the cities, let alone a village in rural Delta. Y'all should stop this careless motivational talks. It's foolishness
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
Blackman101:
β–  no matter your position, God almighty still remain God over all things now and forever.
God of Scripture says he does not answer the prayers of those who are unholy and unrighteous; so that He is God now and forever is no reason for you to prescribe what you tried to there to a fellow human, is it? undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Eagba(m): 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
agbonkamen:
but why are you finding it difficult to mention your village name? You have been beating around the bush since that guy asked for your village name😁😁
Whether Owerri southwest or Owerri Eastnorth mention your village name.
Aunty! My villiage is umuegueze umualum nekede old road Owerri west. Topic that I have forgotten and classified as unimportant is what is giving you bacterial infested orgasm
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
ChybuzzDD:
β–  Don't mind some of these guys.
Almost all the good schools I attended happened to be located in villagees where the indigenous could not even afford to attend. Even the ones who lived only a stone throw from the school had to commute many KMs each morning to a local school every single day. The % of locals who were able to attend the school was less than 2%. undecided

This topic is about a poor family moving to a village and wondering if there are affordable and good schools in those village where the child of said poor man can attend. However, many of you would rather turn it onto a chest-beating contest where you announce all the non-affordable schools the poor man can't attend in your villages, why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / Nigerian Man Who Intentionally Shuts Down Wife In Front Of Their Kids Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.