Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (35530 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by geezyk(m): 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
DeeBaDan:

There are always cheaper options.

I.e room and parlor in cheap areas then they both try to earn monthly
In this Lagos where average rent for room and parlor in a face me I face you environment is around 120-150k, unless they relocate to ogun state or outskirts of ikorodu.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
He is a very smart man. I grew up in Lagos and I absolutely detest the city. If i don't have a good job in a city like Lagos, i will move to the village in an instant with my family.

I always crave for the simple and cheaper lives in the village. A lot of individuals have no business in Lagos or the cities for that matter. It is cheaper and easier to start over.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by DeeBaDan: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
geezyk:
In this Lagos where average rent for room and parlor in a face me I face you environment is around 120-150k, unless they relocate to ogun state or outskirts of ikorodu.

They would get affordable housing around boundary communities. Example. Ikorodu. Arepo. Mowe. Ofada. Sabo after Ikorodu

These are communities they'll get decent apartments without breaking the bank.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by malcom1X: 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kizzygentle:
For a minute I thought it was relocating abroad.
Anyways it seems your husband is a very lazy man... My dear nothing dey village, honestly if u go to the village at a young age, people that stay in village are all rascals and irresponsible.cultist and gossipers... Village wey uncle dey sleep with aunty, na village adultery dey happen pass because of joblessness. Na for village wey I see cousins dey knack theirs elves and if elders talk, him go collect, na village wey I see young boys dey knack elderly man wife and if the husband talk, him go collect, the wife self go dey defend the young boy.. Wetin my eyes see for village that year, God forbid bad thing.. Infact never ever bring up a child in village.. Allow your lazy husband to go alone... No sha follow am...

This is correct. Na pregnancy dey full Villa Which village be this?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by ictplotter(m): 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Stupid Nigeria girls, who because of urgent 5k used their future responsible husbands for a nite hookup and married their useless hookup boyfriends.
Madam face ur marital woe and stop disturbing us here, if it's Canada now will you complain or tell us here.
Marriage is for better or worse till death, kindly follow him to village and stop disturbing us here.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
highoctane:
■ Marist Brothers Academy was seen by locals as Catholic Church School and are not enthusiastic about it. Most locals attended, most of us are educated outside Uturu, I was a student of Government Technical College Owerri class of 1981. My Elder sister attended Government Girls College Owerri. My cousin's Government Boys College Owerri, Many attended Government college [s]Umuahia, Ihube Boys College, Methodist College in Umuahia etc[/s]. [s] ABSU and Gregory Universities have many graduates[/s] who re indigene of Uturu, I am proud of Uturu land of the brave and resourcefulness.
[s]Let's have your village, you might direct the OP to it.[/s]
1. Let's not descend to lying now abeg! Marist was in fact a Catholic school. I know this for a fact. It was not a matter of enthusiasm but the school being out of the reach of the majority there was the problem. Most kids pined for a place in Marist back when I was there — they thought Marist kids were cool — but cost and status were against them. undecided

Stop with the desperate attempt at making this discussion about your ego for crying out loud. We are speaking here of OP's husband finding a good school in the village to send his kids to. Public schools are always there but clearly, Marist isn't a public school and is way out of their budget. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by akube34: 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
smiley

Growing up in the city , living in developed countries, I used to think village was all about what was shown in Nollywood

But I was wrong, a couple of years back I had a project in Kogi, Isanlu and this changed my perception

If he is going to the village, make sure it's for Agriculture or sales of agro commodity

This villagers live extremely cheap life, they use solar panels, eat cheap bush meat, buy fresh products, stay in cheap rented apartment, very serene quite almost dead environment, watch free to air Satellite TV

tell me about ur experience in kogi
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by pasuma(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
God bless you and your entire generations

DeeBaDan:
Don't go. Let him go alone

You find a very cheap accomodation and do menial things you can do and make up to 50k per month. Like fried potato chips, fried plantain chips. Supply to shops. God will take care of you

When the chips are down, men drop professionalism.and go for what's available. If he can't forgo his pride and learn driver to get a car or bus he can drive and make daily income, divorce him. You don't need a loser as a mother of children. When things get tough, men ought to get tougher not fold up.

Going to village isn't proactive, productive, profitable or strategic. His inclinations as a man should tilt towards profitability not to recline to some nonsensical ideas. I travel.across multiple villages across the entire Nigeria. Let him go and try it for six months if he thinks the poverty in the city and that of the village are on the same.par

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Konjiboii: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
CJStarz:
I seriously wanted a divorce at the height of it all but my parents prevailed on me, because of my children. Boy! I suffered! He's back now,full of remorse. I have forgiven him but it hurt so much. Raising 6 kids alone wasn't a joke. Indeed, God proved Himself ever faithful.

I'm glad it worked out eventually, do you still love and acknowledge him as a man, and does he provide now ?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by malcom1X: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Victor2707:
You came to the internet to bash your children's father.

You have no plan to get out of your situation, and your husband has devised a strategy for you.

If you try his plan and it doesn't work. You can always visit the city and make your own plans.

Stop looking for approval from strangers.

Consult your father or uncles for guidance.

momsloved listen to this advice
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by lascos912(m): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Honestly, this is sad.

I'm just pitying the unfortunate driver that will pack all una worthless and dirty ngbongbo to the village. All the konkom milo, ragolis mmanu and ekete onions and cartons wey poverty no let una throway.

Tueh!!
on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos on colos
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Menclothing: 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
What business is he going to village for ? Is he prepared

5k all sizes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by AutoChick4U(f): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your priority should be finding a job! You can let him take the first kid to the village with him— so long as you have family back there to care for the kid along with him— while you focus on securing a job as soon as possible so you can get the kid's things going from your end for the sake of your family. undecided

By the way, people no dey take maternity leave again? Why outright quit your job for the sake of delivery? lipsrsealed
The man is quite d lazy irresponsible man so taking a child ain't good at all.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Zealag(m): 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
He has sense more than you, village is cheaper.You can build from the village,save tangible capital and bounce back to the city.Your only reason of not wanting to follow him to the Villa is peer pressure (shame) but I tell you for free, when hunger comes you won't mind shame at all.
You staying in the city with the kids and without ur husband will only turn you to a single parent and also baby mama.Use ur head.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
AutoChick4U:
The man is quite d lazy irresponsible man so taking a child ain't good at all.
Maybe, but OP didn't tell us that he was always that way so the man could have fallen into some kind of rut along the way — mentally that is. It is quite possible he is dealing with something that she is unaware of. Nigerian couples aren't too big on honestly communicating such things as we know. undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by AutoChick4U(f): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

There are no opportunities in the village. A village is a rural settlement, there's absolutely nothing there. There's no money in the village. So what would he be doing there? I guess he'll be climbing trees and cutting down Palm kernels.

I see the OP doing runz and hookup sooner or later in the city.

Dear men, don't be pressurised into getting married when you're not financially stable. Make sure you have landed properties, lnvestments, good business before thinking about marriage. Don't be a salary earner (except of course it's FG job).

Apart from that, is it cast in stone that married couples must procreate? Can't they plan and procreate when things are better?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zealag:
He has sense more than you, village is cheaper.You can build from the village,save tangible capital and bounce back to the city. Your only reason of not wanting to follow him to the Villa is peer pressure (shame) but I tell you for free, when hunger comes you won't mind shame at all. You staying in the city with the kids and without ur husband will only turn you to a single parent and also baby mama.Use ur head.
So there are lots of jobs waiting in the villages then? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by isabi2lof: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Your husband is the lazy type , this is what you get , when you end up as the man in a marriage, allow men to do their responsibilities and stop forming madam cash , you can only assist them but never take up their responsibilities.

Allow him to go to the village with your first child , while you stay back and hustle, you can as well look for cheaper accommodation.

It's not easy anywhere, if your parents are close by , I would've advised you to stay with them , pending the time you'll get back on your feet .
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by malcom1X: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, I asked for the Village name, LGA, and State. Your post was How did you expect me to interpret this? I plugged it directly into Google and that is what came up. A company listed as being under Owerrri. So, is the company your village or what? undecided

Caritas is a popular school na, they are in different states sef just like Montessori
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by AutoChick4U(f): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zealag:
He has sense more than you, village is cheaper.You can build from the village,save tangible capital and bounce back to the city.Your only reason of not wanting to follow him to the Villa is peer pressure (shame) but I tell you for free, when hunger comes you won't mind shame at all.
You staying in the city with the kids and without ur husband will only turn you to a single parent and also baby mama.Use ur head.
baby mama when she's married? Seems u don't know some men are like shackles to some women. Abeggi. Village is bad and simply reeks of failure unless the person wanna retire there

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by AutoChick4U(f): 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Maybe, but OP didn't tell us that he was always that way so the man could have fallen into some kind of rut along the way — mentally that is. It is quite possible he is dealing with something that she is unaware of. Nigerian couples aren't too big on honestly communicating such things as we know. undecided
She did naw. You always the intelligent one not to have spotted it. Go read the post again
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by AutoChick4U(f): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Skyview01:
He is a very smart man. I grew up in Lagos and I absolutely detest the city. If i don't have a good job in a city like Lagos, i will move to the village in an instant with my family.

I always crave for the simple and cheaper lives in the village. A lot of individuals have no business in Lagos or the cities for that matter. It is cheaper and easier to start over.
That was how my dad passed on just two years of moving to the village. He wasn't sick o just pufff
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by henrimoto(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
CJStarz:
I seriously wanted a divorce at the height of it all but my parents prevailed on me, because of my children. Boy! I suffered! He's back now,full of remorse. I have forgiven him but it hurt so much. Raising 6 kids alone wasn't a joke. Indeed, God proved Himself ever faithful.

6 kids!! Ha! HIS GRACE alone.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
malcom1X:
■ Caritas is a popular school na, they are in different states sef just like Montessori
I too attended schools located in villages myself but I know for a fact that the majority of the people who were born and raised in the very same village could not afford to attend the school right in front of where they lived. Many of them had to attend other schools which they instead commuted regularly to. So, let me ask the most obvious question then. How many people born and raised right there in your village attend that school? undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by kernniejay(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Acidosis:

What project did you manage in Isanlu?
Why asking, did any contractor do a shoddy job in your village and disappear?
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by highoctane: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Let's not descend to lying now abeg! Marist was in fact a Catholic school. I know this for a fact. It was not a matter of enthusiasm but the school being out of the reach of the majority there was the problem. Most kids pined for a place in Marist back when I was there — they thought Marist kids were cool — but cost and status were against them. undecided

Stop with the desperate attempt at making this discussion about your ego for crying out loud. We are speaking here of OP's husband finding a good school in the village to send his kids to. Public schools are always there but clearly, Marist isn't a public school and is way out of their budget. undecided

It will be my pleasure if your village may be within the OP budget. Please shift.
You got no village you can be proud of.
End of this discussion
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by malcom1X: 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
CJStarz:
Wow! I was in your shoes some years ago. I see myself in you. My dear, DO NOT RELOCATE TO THE VILLAGE with him if you wish a great future for yourself and your children. In my case,I stood my ground. He abandoned the kids and I and stayed away for almost two years. With absolute faith in God,I took up the challenge. Now he's back,but I'm moving ahead ahead. Kids doing well in school.
Nne, you can make it. Look steadfastly unto God. U can move out of that flat and live in a cheaper room. Luckily you have only one child now. I struggled with children. Where there's a will, there's a way You shall testify in Jesus Name.

He did not abandon the kids, it was you who refused to follow him.

Now he's back just showed that he was right in taking that decision.

It means he is back. He's no more as broke as the way he was.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by henrimoto(m): 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dminister:
Women avoid men that are lazy, no vision men and men that are easily defeated by situation. I remember when I had no job, I have family to feed and I couldn’t even bear it seeing my wife taking care of our needs despite her salaries being enough to take care of everything. I decided to start hawking breads on Lagos roads just to make sure I am in charge taking care of my family until something better came up.

If you can’t belittle yourself to care for your family and open up opportunities then you are not a man
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by samuelson06(m): 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
momsloved:
Good afternoon everyone, pls I urgently need your advice and suggestions on this.

My husband has been out of job since towards the end of last year. Almost the same time I had my second baby. The truth is, the same me nursing my baby has been the same person struggling to provide for the home.

Knowing that he contributed to his lost of job. He goes to work late, different excuses, doing the job anyhow that the management had to fire him. This is the second job he's losing due to carelessness.
He wasn't still meeting up with responsibilities even when he had those jobs. He was always complaining of TP expenses, deduction due to late coming, his salaries was not benefiting us.

Our present accomodation of 250k, one bedroom apartment is expiring ending of next month and I don't know how we're going to pay for the rent. The previous rent I have always contributed when I had the money.
Presently I have no job. I left my job during delivery, but I'm hoping to start looking for job very soon. Yet, I'm not idle. I'm still trying with little business to cartar for the house.

The issue now is, he has arranged his stuffs preparing to relocate to the village and he wants us to go together because he can't afford to renew the rent.
I told him I can't go to the village with him, we are too young to start retiring to the village. What about good school for the children especially my first child? But he has decided to go without us, leaving us with the whole responsibilities.
I'm afraid, I can't afford everything here either. But going with him to the village is also very scary. A man who ignore us when there's nothing in the house, waiting for me to fix, how can I trust him and relocate with my two children to his village? I can't speak their language and it's an interior village, How do we survive there?
He's not even considering all these.
Pls, advice me on what to do. I'm really fed up.

Don't go to the village with him. If he wasn't serious with his life in the city, it's not in the village that he's going to be serious. He's looking for a cheap life of rest.

Meanwhile, how do you girls get entangled with these kind of men? It's very clear that you guys have different approach to life. You seem to be the man while the man appears to be the woman.

Sh!t.
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by malcom1X: 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I too attended schools located in villages myself but I know for a fact that the majority of the people who were born and raised in the very same village could not afford to attend the school right in front of where they lived. Many of them had to attend other schools which they instead commuted regularly to. So, let me ask the most obvious question then. How many people born and raised right there in your village attend that school? undecided

You are right. But since they are just coming back from the city. They should be able to make good decisions for themselves
Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
AutoChick4U:
That was how my dad passed on just two years of moving to the village. He wasn't sick o just pufff

I get you. I would go to a Neighboring village. I am from Awka but will never move there. I can go to Enugu or other town different from where i am known.

I can even move to Owerri but i love village life die .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
highoctane:
■ It will be my pleasure if your village may be within the OP budget. Please shift.
You got no village you can be proud of. End of this discussion
Are you so tiny-minded that you have to look for a wey to eek something out for your ego in every discussion? The post was about OP getting his kids as good school in the village. You jumped in to respond that your village had a good school only it turns out the very good school was not only out of the reach of the majority right there in your own village but also outside of OP's as well. I obviously don't need to list my village in such things since I know to consider these things before putting it forward as an example given reality. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth / Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? / My Marriage Is Stressing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.