Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records (46773 Views)

Obafemi Hamzat: MC Oluomo Must Pay If He Broke The Law / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
I will use you for rituals the next time you quote me you church rat
Rituals upon rituals that you couldn’t use to usher victory for Peter Gringory Obi? Incoherent Joking Clown 🤡.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by obailala(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Do you Know that Peter Obi marginalized non Indigenes to the extent that they couldn't stand for ordinary Market association chairman in Anambra?

https://tribuneonlineng.com/marginalisation-non-indigenes-threaten-boycott-anambra-election/
Kindly remind me please... What brought Peter OBI or Anambra into this conversation?

Or is this just another OBI obsession?

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Kukutenla: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Nonsense!

You don't renounce any Citizenship to become a US Citizen
US recognizes dual Citizenship and so does Nigeria

This is from the US Government Website

No wonder you want to deport Yorubas from Lagos Yorubaland

Thank Almighty God you Lost Gbadebo Rhode
See how you just disgraced your education
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shattuck(m): 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
jumobi1:

I think voluntarily acquiring US citizenship isn’t enough to renounce Nigerian citizenship by birth. One has to formally file an application to renounce citizenship by birth.
yes voluntarily acquiring citizenship may not be a ground my guess is this, you know some people could be so desperate to secure us citizenship and sometimes I think the govt may decline your citizenship application, so just to make the approval secure by declining your citizenship it may help you secure your American citizenship, I think that is what he did, he renounced his, just to prove loyalty to the us to fast track his citizenship application, just my take.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Chiefpriestt: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2023
favor914:
Rituals upon rituals that you couldn’t use to usher victory for Peter Gringory Obi? Incoherent Joking Clown 🤡.
Behave yourself you church rat
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by famology(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

This 30 years old boy no just get sense

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already settled issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

They don't read
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Akaujaa(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already settled issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

Even when you have willingly and consciously renounced your citizenship? Read between the lines.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shattuck(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sheggy13:

I'm quite surprised about the renouncing bit cos I believe the US allows dual citizenship. You don't necessarily have to renounce the citizenship of your home country to become an American citizen. So why would Hamzat ought for that option. Well if the document Hundeyin released is indeed true, then Hamzat and Sanwo-Olu may be in for it.
I think he did it just to secure and fast track his US citizenship application, by proving total loyalty to the us, It can help him secure his us citizenship application faster, sometimes I think not all who are eligible for us citizenship gets it, they have to go through some legal hurdles to finally get it, but renouncing your other citizenship may just assist in getting it, I think that is what played out here, even though it is not a requirement.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by fergie001: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:
Exactly,Ive not seen it.it must be expressly stated not said in passing.

I feel hamzat should resign to be on the safer side
It's too early
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Japastic: 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Wetin come happen Mr fake prof
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Chibuezem(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yankee101:
This is illegal
Displaying an SSN is identity theft
It’s not like Nigerian NIN
AND this is an internal document, whoever released it will be located and fired
David may be in trouble with the FBI if the dep gov chooses to sue
Let the deputy governor sue, it's his right. I bet you he won't.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by famology(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
Too many ignorant clowns around the country. Under the Nigeria constitution,once either of your parents is Nigerian and you're by birth a Nigerian citizen you can have a dual citizenship. You're eligible for any election.

Also check supreme court decision in Atiku vs buhari in 2019. Supreme court has settled issues of dual citizenship. It's final!

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Chibuezem(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
LegendHero:

The actual wrong-doing is accusing a full blooded Yoruba man that he can’t rule his own because he is an American citizen? Do you guys think before talking?

By the way, the fullish man Peter Obi could not provide 247 power supply nor security in Anambla. If he had done that, he won’t be looking for stolen mandate everywhere, ya’ll would have just relocated to the paradise he built.

a full blooded Yoruba man would never deny His roots to become an American citizen..... Pls understand what naturalization is before ranting and including anambra and Peter obi.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by KINGS100(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
Is this person thinking with his anus?
how does what you typed corollate with this case?

Moh247:
cool

Bunch of clowns

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by XAUBulls: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
deji17:
Dual Citizenship, Explained

What is dual citizenship?
Dual citizenship —or dual nationality— is when you are a citizen of two different countries at the same time. In the context of the U.S., it means you’re both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of another country. Not every country allows dual citizenship, and the rules vary among those that do.

Does the United States allow dual citizenship?
Yes, the U.S. allows dual citizenship by default. The government does not require naturalized U.S. citizens to give up their citizenship in their country of origin.
Although the Oath of Allegiance to the United States speaks of renouncing “allegiance and fidelity” to other nations, U.S. immigration law does not explicitly address the topic of dual citizenship.

The best summarization of the U.S. government’s position on dual citizenship lies in a U.S. Supreme Court opinion, which explains that “a person may have and exercise rights of nationality in two countries and be subject to the responsibilities of both.” The U.S. Department of State also has a more technical discussion of dual citizenship.

https://www.usa.gov/dual-citizenship
Nicely put.

This post from the official U.S. government website sums it all up and some headless chickens are just making fools of themselves running around and around. A lot of these young people don't read to comprehend anymore.

The level of illiteracy and semi-literacy on exhibition here on this NL thread and elsewhere online with reference to the Prince Obafemi Hamzat U.S. citizenship topic is truly disgraceful and annoying!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ashawopikin(m): 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
This David na alakoba grin
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by chidiokay: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:

It is also a post election matter and it is constitutional.i am afraid apc will lose Lagos except tinubu intervenes

Fear precede eminient defeat, but i can assure you like every other hurdle Tinubu/sanwo olu will jump n pass.

Speaking of education exercise, how about you go read section 28 of the constitution? its a pleasure to ruin your mood wink
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Christistruth03: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

See how you just disgraced your education

Are you aware that US based Nigerians can only renounce their Citizenship at the Nigerian Embassy and it is the Nigerian Government that issues the letter Confirming it ?

Of Course you are not aware because you didn't receive that Education that I am giving it to you now for free

Your case never had legs to stand on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by okuta007: 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yankee101:
This is illegal
Displaying an SSN is identity theft
It’s not like Nigerian NIN
AND this is an internal document, whoever released it will be located and fired
David may be in trouble with the FBI if the dep gov chooses to sue

you are very correct, displaying one's SSN is IDENTITY THEFT and it will soon create a severe backlash of unintended consequences for Mr David Hundeyin- However, David's desperation to prove this arise from tremendous frustration being felt across the land where impunity against the regular every day citizen is at it's highest. If the courts had any integrity & politicians have an atom of respect for the rules of the game, by not going as far as humiliating their opponents, killing co-contestants (OyiboChukwu comes to mind) and intimidating voters by stabbing their eyeball (Jennifer) and even threatened not to vote IF they will not vote for the APC (mama sukudi) etc., - then David would not have gone to this extent... David Hundeyin is a monster Nigerian hearltless political class (APC) created and they must deal with his vernom!!!

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by LegendHero(m): 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
Chibuezem:
a full blooded Yoruba man would never deny His roots to become an American citizen..... Pls understand what naturalization is before ranting and including anambra and Peter obi.

Lol 😂.

Then why do they have the tag Indian-American, Nigerian-American and etc?

What’s the meaning of naturalization and did it erase origin by naturalizing?

Can I go and naturalize as a Hausa man and I automatically become Hausa by tribe? You can see you are ignorant?

Is tribe same as nationality? So because you’re a Nigerian, you’re Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, and etc in one?

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by banky222: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool
That is when you are born abroad not when you renounce .

Bunch of clowns

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Creeper: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
Lol, these obsessed Igbos are still trying to shove Chinedu (the descendant of an Igbo slave, who was sold into slavery by Arochukwu) down Yoruba people’s throats. How about focus on your region?

I hope all the proud Yoruba sons who did the flogging the last time didn’t bin their switches because they’d need them again soon. Sometimes, you have to do things repeatedly, for some people to finally get the message.

Anyway, this is an exercise in futility. But Yorubas need to send a strong message to these covetous savages because they’re becoming too brazen for my liking.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Racoon(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
Same corrupt by the godfather @ the centre.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:
It's too early

The earlier the better but we all know that apc won't lose Lagos with tinubu up there.the court will likely introduce a proviso demanding to know if hamzat resigned his Nigerian citizenship.
In the end,none of the three govs might even be removed.mbah self might escape as the apex court has said a forged qualification must be tied to the constitution and give him undue advantage.nysc is not envisaged in 177-182
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by princeade86(m): 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Let even assume LP win in court (which I don’t see it happening at all , if tribunal say A , appeal court and even Supreme Court is dere to turn it over to B) with Tinubu in the center will surely not Favour Lagos as a state and most importantly with the state assembly of APC and a young man that as no experience in politics as governor will surely a be a big no for the interest of lagos

Don’t think the assembly members will decamp to LP with Tinubu as President, they will impeached gbadebo in less than a minute and frustrate his life
swear it happens, and they threaten to impeach him. If he can't pull obaseki style, then his a loser and coward. Just carry the useless maze, then put inside ur government house. Let see how they will impeach him. Na madness feel treat madness.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by deji17: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
XAUBulls:

Nicely put.

This post from the official U.S. government website sums it all up and some headless chickens are just making fools of themselves running around and around. A lot of these young people don't read to comprehend anymore.

The level of illiteracy and semi-literacy on exhibition here on this NL thread and elsewhere online with reference to the Prince Obafemi Hamzat U.S. citizenship topic is truly disgraceful and annoying!

Also, there is a procedure for renouncing Nigerian citizenship of which the President must approve. Then Hundeyin assignment is not complete until he produce the document and name of the Nigeria President that approves the renunciation.
Lazy People (LP)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Did he take his oath of office before running for deputy gov or after
I am sure from his first term he has indirectly renonce his citizenship.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Christistruth03: 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Not only that O !!

The President of Nigeria must also approve your renounced Citizenship application form

You cannot renounce your Nigerian Citizenship until Mr President says so !!!!

And signs it !!!

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by NLPoliceWoman: 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Senioradvocate:

And it shall come to pass that Tunibu of the APC and bunch of his criminal gangs shall lose Lagos and Nigeria at large. Their bunch of social media vultures like ihorspy Mr. one eye , helineus, batified, leodeking and their allied shall be put to shame and extinct.
Seun Mynd44 Dominique Justwise.
Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria's Ministers Of Defence Resume Office (picture) / Doyin Okupe Wrote About Chibok Girls / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor, Nigerian Ambassador To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.