Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records (46686 Views)

Obafemi Hamzat: MC Oluomo Must Pay If He Broke The Law / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Penguin2: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol if you dey Twitter and Instagram, you go see countless Ibo claiming he is Igala or somthing and not deep Ibo enough.

Infact na them dey give historical lessons at those Ibo borrow Igala name and have mixed blood and bla bla bla.

Ibo looking for unification? How can people that seek division and hate always be the advocate of unification? You dey whyne?
All the person u used as evidence said was, “not from Igbo speaking part though”.

I’m very active on Twitter and I saw that tweet.

I find it reprehensible that you would want to use the opinion of a single person as the opinion of Igbos.

And even in what he said, it didn’t mean he was rejecting him as southeast representative, he was just stating what he thinks he needed to say which is subject to investigation so we can determine the veracity of such claim.

The man is from Ezeagu Local Government of Enugu State. And the much I know of Ezeagu, they do not have none Igbos inhabiting the LGA. I only know of some parts of Nsukka. This makes that claim defective.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by 00FFT00(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
fasterwell:
Now I know why Nigeria is suffering from bad leadership because the constitution denied those with experience of what good governance is from contesting election in Nigeria.

Nigerians who are citizens of other countries should be allowed to contest and contribute their quota to the development of this country.

A Kenyan man name the Barack Obama who ruled the United States of America

Today an Indian is the prime minister of the United kingdom.

Nigerians have been elected mayors and counselors in different parts of the world.

Yet in Nigerian who is also a citizen of other countries is not allowed to contest election in Nigeria and this is the reason we are where we are today.

This is also the reason the wrong people overwhelmed with corruption and criminality voted into power even when the have nothing to offer.

they should allow the guy to contribute his quota to the development of Lagos State and Nigeria in general.

Mr President should do something about this useless constitution that doesn't favour those with renewal ideas to contribute to the importance to the development of Nigeria.

Barack Obama is not Kenyan. He is a US citizen of Kenyan and English ancestry. While I agree that Nigerians of all walks must be afforded the opportunity to serve their country unfettered, our constitution, as amended, prohibits set parameters.

If you are to be excellency, the process with which you come to the office must also be excellent. In the instance case, it is not, if the dictate of the rule book is assaulted.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
favor914:

I am being honest.it is a dangerous thing.infact,both can resign
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by GetSenseNow: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t know why an Iyanmili person will be gnashing his teeth for something that’s happening in Yoruba land. You people no get shame?

It’s like me as a Yoruba boy crying that Enugu governor no get NYSC certificate and bla bla bla. Wetin concern me?

Sanwoolu and his deputy will use their 8 years and another governor will be elected in 2027. Una Yebow loser should stop getting high blood pressure over nothing.
Guy, Yoruba land can go to blazes for all I care but you fools need to stop supporting illegality. Isn't GRV not a Yoruba man too? From what I hear, he's even a core Lagosian while the bulk of you are from other south-western states but claiming Lagos. Something illegal occured and you're shouting against it because it goes against your candidate but if the same illegality goes in your favour you'll support it. Don't you see your display of crass stupidity?

Anyways, I don't care less if a stone becomes governor of Lagos state or even the entire Nigeria, y'all can continue running round and round in circles in that your shithole

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
ABEG FORGET MATTER. if they remove hamsat by law as deputy,he will be made a ministrer by PTinubu grin so which one better pass?
Removing him as deputy, by operations of law also removes Sanwo Olu.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Tonnierichy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
DSS1335:
Its a game over for SanwoOku-Hamzat. LP taking over Eko
Una mumu dey funny me sha.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shattuck(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
seunmsg:

The Hamzat naturalization argument is mere distraction and empty noise. That a Nigerian whose citizenship is by birth cannot lose the rights of a citizen is a settled case. Funny enough, the precedent was even in a case involving LP.

LABOUR PARTY & ORS v. ISHOLA & ORS (2014) LPELR-24386(CA)

“… when a Nigerian by Naturalisation or Registration acquires the citizenship of another country he loses his right as a naturalized Nigeria. Such a person would not be able to contest any election into any elative office in Nigeria. However, a Nigerian by birth who thereafter acquires the citizenship of another country i.e. America as in the instant case does not lose his right to vie for any elective office in Nigeria being a citizen by birth and not by naturalization or registration.” Per, MUDASHIRU NASIRU ONIYANGI ,J.C.A ( Pp. 18-23, paras. F-A )

The leadership of Lagos state and Nigeria will never ever be allowed to slip into the hands of incompetent, hate filled and divisive characters that make up the Labour Party. Never!
it is not necessarily his naturalization but him renouncing his Nigerian citizenship, renouncing your citizenship means you are not a Nigerian anymore, Abi does renouncing have two meaning.in his form you all claim he declaredhe acquired American citizenship but he never declared he renounced his Nigerian citizenship.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by lagonovo: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
They are desperate grin grin

Alliswell248:
Effort in futility for the Pandora party.
Keep entertaining us
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Kukutenla: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
jackcanfield:
What's this one saying , so how will brain drain become brain gain now ...

Anyway I am not worried ...It is to renounce the citizenship shikena ...Moreover the oath of Office is glaring that he has solemnly swear to bear full allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Technically by the allegiance speech he has renounces his U.S citizenship.
Did he take his oath of office before running for deputy gov or after
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by jumobi1(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
fasterwell:
Now I know why Nigeria is suffering from bad leadership because the constitution denied those with experience of what good governance is from contesting election in Nigeria.

Nigerians who are citizens of other countries should be allowed to contest and contribute their quota to the development of this country.

A Kenyan man name the Barack Obama who ruled the United States of America

Today an Indian is the prime minister of the United kingdom.

Nigerians have been elected mayors and counselors in different parts of the world.

Yet in Nigerian who is also a citizen of other countries is not allowed to contest election in Nigeria and this is the reason we are where we are today.

This is also the reason the wrong people overwhelmed with corruption and criminality voted into power even when the have nothing to offer.

they should allow the guy to contribute his quota to the development of Lagos State and Nigeria in general.

Mr President should do something about this useless constitution that doesn't favour those with renewal ideas to contribute to the importance to the development of Nigeria.

Obama wasn’t a Kenyan citizen as president. The UK Prime Minister Sunak isn’t an Indian citizen. They were both born in the countries they led. Dual citizenship poses a Security/loyalty issue.

I think the Nigerian constitution is poorly written though. One should clearly have to renounce voluntarily acquired citizenship before occupying certain leadership positions.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Chiefpriestt: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:

Lol.. Sanwo-Olu's lawyer are gallant Gbadebo's lawyer is just wasting time
Seun this dude is using an alternative moniker (MrMoh24) and your mods are doing nothing about it

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by fergie001: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Penguin2:

Hey Fergie001, are you aware of this?

Cc: Senatordave1
Legendhero
Christchurch
Moh247
I am aware of it.... I have not seen it in the ruling. Maybe it's an orbiter.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
00FFT00:

Barack Obama is not Kenyan. He is an American citizen of Kenyan and English ancestry. While I agree that Nigerians of all walks must be afforded the opportunity to serve their country unfettered, our constitution, as amended, prohibits set parameters.

If you are to be excellency, the process with which you come to office must also be excellent. In the instance case, it is not, if the dictate of the rule book is assaulted.

It is possible that the constitution was referring to citizens by naturalization and registration only because once you are a citizen by birth,you cannot renounce it.the court can even ask whether you renounced your nigrtian citizenship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Guy, Yoruba land can go to blazes for all I care but you fools need to stop supporting illegality. Isn't GRV not a Yoruba man too? From what I hear, he's even a core Lagosian while the bulk of you are from other south-western states but claiming Lagos. Something illegal occured and you're shouting against it because it goes against your candidate but if the same illegality goes in your favour you'll support it. Don't you see your display of crass stupidity?

Anyways, I don't care less if a stone becomes governor of Lagos state or even the entire Nigeria, y'all can continue running round and round in circles in that your shithole
You could care less, but you took your time to jot this nonsense down?

You are more interested in if Donald Trump will go to prison?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by LegendHero(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Penguin2:

All the person u used as evidence said was, “not from Igbo speaking part though”.

I’m very active on Twitter and I saw that tweet.

I find it reprehensible that you would want to use the opinion of a single person as the opinion of Igbos.

And even in what he said, it didn’t mean he was rejecting him as southeast representative, he was just stating what he thinks he needed to say which is subject to investigation so we can determine the veracity of such claim.

The man is from Ezeagu Local Government of Enugu State. And the much I know of Ezeagu, they do not have none Igbos inhabiting the LGA. I only know of some parts of Nsukka. This makes that claim defective.

Oga no be only one person talk am. Multiple Ibos claimed that.

Infact lot of them even initially thought he wasn’t Ibo from his last name. They’ve been trending that Tinubu hate Igbo and did not appoint anyone from there until they later knew he’s from Enugu.

Chinedu will never govern Lagos, he is a self-hating Yoruba guy who claimed by himself that he “never think in Yoruba”.

Seyi get Ijaw wife, Oyo people love him like mad and no one ever use it against him.

Adeleke get Ibo wife, no one ever used it against him.

If tomorrow Seyi Makinde go rogue and started abusing Yoruba people, na that time them go open him file and Wetin Chinedu dey see now go happen to am.

You Ibo cannot take half of what you want Yoruba people to take. It’s just like Joe Ibowke wanting to be governor of Anambla, una go vote am? No be Joe Yorubakwe una dey call am all this while?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Sheggy13(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Shattuck:
him acquiring the e us citizen may not be the damning issue, but you renouncing your Nigerian citizenship, renouncing means your legally declare that you are not a Nigerian anymore I think tha is the issue not and not necessarily his dual citizenship.
I'm quite surprised about the renouncing bit cos I believe the US allows dual citizenship. You don't necessarily have to renounce the citizenship of your home country to become an American citizen. So why would Hamzat ought for that option. Well if the document Hundeyin released is indeed true, then Hamzat and Sanwo-Olu may be in for it.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by XAUBulls: 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
seunmsg:

The Hamzat naturalization argument is mere distraction and empty noise. That a Nigerian whose citizenship is by birth cannot lose the rights of a citizen is a settled case. Funny enough, the precedent was even in a case involving LP.

LABOUR PARTY & ORS v. ISHOLA & ORS (2014) LPELR-24386(CA)

“… when a Nigerian by Naturalisation or Registration acquires the citizenship of another country he loses his right as a naturalized Nigeria. Such a person would not be able to contest any election into any elative office in Nigeria. However, a Nigerian by birth who thereafter acquires the citizenship of another country i.e. America as in the instant case does not lose his right to vie for any elective office in Nigeria being a citizen by birth and not by naturalization or registration.” Per, MUDASHIRU NASIRU ONIYANGI ,J.C.A ( Pp. 18-23, paras. F-A )

The leadership of Lagos state and Nigeria will never ever be allowed to slip into the hands of incompetent, hate filled and divisive characters that make up the Labour Party. Never!
Nicely put. This sums it all up!

That so-called immigration lawyer and the asshole called David Hundeyin deserve two red-hot, brain recalibrating slaps tbh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by jumobi1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Shattuck:
it is not necessarily his naturalization but him renouncing his Nigerian citizenship, renouncing your citizenship means you are not a Nigerian anymore, Abi does renouncing have two meaning.

I think voluntarily acquiring US citizenship isn’t enough to renounce Nigerian citizenship by birth. One has to formally file an application to renounce citizenship by birth.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:
I am aware of it.... I have not seen it in the ruling. Maybe it's an orbiter.

Exactly,Ive not seen it.it must be expressly stated not said in passing.

I feel hamzat should resign to be on the safer side
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
jumobi1:

I think voluntarily acquiring US citizenship isn’t enough to renounce Nigerian citizenship by birth. One has to formally file an application to renounce citizenship by birth.
True and Nigeria must be duly notified
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Seun this dude is using an alternative moniker (MrMoh24) and your mods are doing nothing about it
How many Chiefpriestt are you? Poor man mentality, are you not aware that the more the purported members are, the more valuable Nairaland is?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by GetSenseNow: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
favor914:
You could care less, but you took your time to jot this nonsense down?

You are more interested in if Donald Trump will go to prison?
Yes, I had to reply that animal who quoted me to spew bullshit. It's nonsense to you because you're in the same category as he is.

Donald Trump can also go to blazes for all i care
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by IBvoss(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Wait first, the section that this Hundeyin guy quoted, shey e no read am well ni.

It said that a person running for the office of the governor can't be nominated if the contestant voluntarily acquired another citizenship, except if he nominates a deputy that doesn't meets all the requirements.

And what follows is that the same thing applies to the deputy governor, vice-versa.

So, doesn't that mean that the contestant for the office of the deputy governor can still be legally elected if the governor meets all the requirements
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by LegendHero(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Your ancestor cared about Lagos and you too cared, stop trying to deviate.

What’s una fixation on Lagos? Na Yoruba people talk say make una ancestor inherit 5 plot of land wey no get ocean?

Everyday Lagos Lagos Lagos, are you people cursed? Shey Lagos share boundary with any Yebo state ni Abi Wetin be una problem self?

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Chiefpriestt: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
favor914:
How many Chiefpriestt are you? Poor man mentality, are you not aware the more the purported members, the more valuable Nairaland is?
I will use you for rituals the next time you quote me you church rat
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 1:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Yes, I had to reply that animal who quoted me to spew bullshit. It's nonsense to you because you're in the same category as he is.

Donald Trump can also go to blazes for all i care
Then maybe Putin & The War with Ukraine?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shattuck(m): 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
You are funny 🤣😂😂 saying their is nothing like renounce when the documents clearly stated he renounced his citizenship, how can your brain even think there is nothing like renounce in the first place 😂😂😂😂, like renounce no dey dictionary?

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by 43Ronin: 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
tinsel:

Don't mind the brainwashed Obidients. I became a USA citizen in 2020, I don't see such. I am Nigerian by birth. And let somebody tell me I am no longer a Nigerian even if I acquire the citizenship in 100 countries. Obidients will dwell on this and when it is over, they will go to another one. It is a circle.
The fact that you became a US citizen willfully means you cannot contest elected position in Nigeria, wether you renounce Nigerian citizenship or not. Why do you think Ngozi Okonjo remained on Green card all her youthful life only to naturalize because of the World Bank president position? There are thousands of Nigerians on PR either in UK, US or Canada that have refused to naturalizer because they participate actively in naija local politics and hope one day to contest elected position in Nigeria. Hamza fúcked you guys up big time. The constitution is clear on this. Don't forget that an american(a yoruba nigerian) brought this same document and testified against the APC in court.... sanwo-ode your oppression of igbos is over, It wasn't nice knowing you.

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Poske95(m): 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

This 30 years old boy no just get sense

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already settled issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

So Una know.
Na hin person for Lagos say make people wey be bonafide landowner and person born here dey tell am make e pack hin load dey go......!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I've Learnt My Lessons, Says Blood-soaked Voter Who Survived An Attack In Kano / Patience & Goodluck Jonathan Host Mike Ozekhome, His Wife & Children In Abuja / Oil Spillage In Eleme/Ogu, Rivers State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.