Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records (46689 Views)

Obafemi Hamzat: MC Oluomo Must Pay If He Broke The Law / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shikena(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Same here, I am also not surprised at yours. You can't give what you don't have.

Hamzat is a Nigerian by birth, not by naturalization, so the issue raised here does not apply to him in any way.

Do you want this explained in your local dialect ni?

drugBaronTINUBU:

I have engaged u b4
So I'm not surprised the way u reason

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by fasterwell(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Now I know why Nigeria is suffering from bad leadership because the constitution denied those with experience of what good governance is from contesting election in Nigeria.

Nigerians who are citizens of other countries should be allowed to contest and contribute their quota to the development of this country.

A Kenyan man name the Barack Obama who ruled the United States of America

Today an Indian is the prime minister of the United kingdom.

Nigerians have been elected mayors and counselors in different parts of the world.

Yet in Nigerian who is also a citizen of other countries is not allowed to contest election in Nigeria and this is the reason we are where we are today.

This is also the reason the wrong people overwhelmed with corruption and criminality voted into power even when the have nothing to offer.

they should allow the guy to contribute his quota to the development of Lagos State and Nigeria in general.

Mr President should do something about this useless constitution that doesn't favour those with renewal ideas to contribute to the importance to the development of Nigeria.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by tinsel: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Osidazz19:
So? Rubbish trash
These brainwashed zomb idiotic fools. grin
I became a US citizen in 1992, there's nothing like renouncing Nigerian citizenship because both countries allow dual citizenship.
These Obi im@eciles are some of the dumbest animals on Earth.
Don't mind the brainwashed Obidients. I became a USA citizen in 2020, I don't see such. I am Nigerian by birth. And let somebody tell me I am no longer a Nigerian even if I acquire the citizenship in 100 countries. Obidients will dwell on this and when it is over, they will go to another one. It is a circle.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Osidazz19: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Amumaigwe:

BATist animals are dumber than the dumbest, even those in America.
Zero IQ asinine IPOB terrorist monkey. STFU
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by elitper: 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
Godjone:
Yes he is a yoruba man. A good one for that matter
Liar! He is Egun, not Yoruba. Stop spreading fake info.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Christistruth03: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
obailala:
Bad behaviour is bad behaviour... I'm not defending anyone

Do you Know that Peter Obi marginalized non Indigenes to the extent that they couldn't stand for ordinary Market association chairman in Anambra?

https://tribuneonlineng.com/marginalisation-non-indigenes-threaten-boycott-anambra-election/

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Ofunaofu: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
sogodihno:

Stop living in fool's paradise, everything you are saying here is your hopeless imagination, it won't happen.

Tinubu is not losing the presidency and Sanwo-olu is not losing the governorship, get that into your f1at head.

Bookmark this page

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by jaxxy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Na Bleep up be this.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Osidazz19: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
tinsel:

Don't mind the brainwashed Obidients. I became a USA citizen in 2020, I don't see such.
I think they just keep manufacturing these false hopes for their gullible brainwashed followers to keep them hanging around.
It's ludicrous the amount of false hopes they are giving these headless mob of Obi diotc imb@ciles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by GetSenseNow: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
LegendHero:

The actual wrong-doing is accusing a full blooded Yoruba man that he can’t rule his own because he is an American citizen? Do you guys think before talking?

By the way, the fullish man Peter Obi could not provide 247 power supply nor security in Anambla. If he had done that, he won’t be looking for stolen mandate everywhere, ya’ll would have just relocated to the paradise he built.

Shattap Dia! You shameless lots are always quick to defend illegality when you think it wont favour you. If this same issue came up against Peter Obi I'm sure you'll be happily masturbating about it.

Anyways, the law is no respector of persons and, whilst I don't care less who is governor in Lagos, it's evident that Sanwo Olu's deputy went contrary to the law. He'll lose the governorship whether you imps like it or not.

With all your claims of "sophistication, you yoruba people are a crude lot I have to say

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by 00FFT00(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hanibal:

According to our constitution a Nigerian by birth does not have the power to renounce his/her own citizenship of Nigeria grin
Ask Nnamdi Kanu and his lawyers.

Did you also read where the same constitution frowned upon oath of allegiance to an entity other than Nigeria?.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
Penguin2:

Hey Fergie001, are you aware of this?

Cc: Senatordave1
Legendhero
Christchurch
Moh247

I have gone through ucha vs onwe 2011 supra per tabai jsc.there is no such ruling except I am mistaken.
Well,on face value this sticks and hamzat is embroiled,even the courts are on a tight rope with this.this is why I tell you that obi case is watery,nothing is sticky.in the case of tinubu,he didn't voluntarily acquire citizenship of guinea while hamzat acquired voluntarily.too many escape routes for tinubu.but as you know,tinubu is president and he won't lose Lagos so they will find a way around it.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shikena(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yes this is a fact.

Even in practical demonstration of dual citizenship activities, US officials have Nigerian-Americans show their Nigerian passport at the airport if they have no nigerian visa on their US passport.

Osidazz19:
So? Rubbish trash
These brainwashed zombidiotic fools. grin
I became a US citizen in 1992, there's nothing like renouncing Nigerian citizenship because both countries allow dual citizenship.
These Obi im@eciles are sone of the dumbest animals on Earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Truthshscrazy: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
GO TO COURT cool
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
chidiokay:

1.These is pure a pre-election matter,

2. Just like Atiku nationality case, it will be another education exercise wink

3. Hamzat did not lie in his declaration form ... so i look forward to what the court will decide

It is also a post election matter and it is constitutional.i am afraid apc will lose Lagos except tinubu intervenes

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
ehissi:

Section 66(1)(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic,1999,(As Amended ), is clear and unambiguous that a person who voluntarily acquires the Citizenship of another Country, who is a Citizen of Nigeria by birth is not eligible for elections.

It is my submission that the operative word here is “voluntarily acquire the Citizenship of another Country”.

So you can be a dual Citizen of Nigeria by birth. That is to say you are born in another country and at the same time , one of your parents or grand parents is indigenous to a Community in Nigeria. This is the category of dual citizens that can not be caught by Section 66(1) of the Constitution.

Section 66(1) is clear and unambiguous and should interpreted literally as expected by the literal cannon of interpretation.
Section 28 only says you will not forfeit your Citizenship,but by the provisions of Section 66(1) of the Constitution you can not contest.

In the United States ,if you are not born in the United States you cannot contest for the Presidency.

It does not detract from your Citizenship.

So,the argument that Section 28 of gives you leverage to contest is not tenable as the being a Citizen simpli cita, does not qualify you to contest, except you meet other pre-requisites and one of the pre-requisites is as stated in Section 66 (1) of the Constitution.

The Provisions of the Constitution finds expression in Section 66 (1) which prohibits a person who voluntarily acquires the Citizenship of another Country from elective Office.

The cases of Ogbeide v. Osula and Labour Party v. Ishola, referred to by some analysts are Court of Appeal decisions.

The Supreme Court had decided in Ucha v. Onwe (2011) that voluntary acquisition of citizenship of another Country, prohibits you from elective Office in tandem with Section 66(1)(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic 1999,(As Amended ). This remains the Law according to the legal principle and tradition of following Staris Decisis (Judicial Precedence).

Nothing like that on ucha vs onwe 2011.agsin, subsequent amendments and issues Kay have overtaken it
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Sheggy13(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
I don't think this is an expose. It's been in the public domain already. His INEC declaration form is attached here where he boldly said he had acquired the citizenship of the US. So let's see what the judiciary will say about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

This 30 years old boy no just get sense

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already settled issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

That Hundeyin na biggest Mumu, he should have gone to dig up Obiano’s American citizenship.

Never heard such nonsense before, that you must renounce your Nigerian Citizenship to acquire Yankee passport?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shattuck(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
leanonme82:

And there was even a precedent before this case that had the exact same judgement. Bukola Saraki was taken to court for being a british citizen and he won, because his parents are Nigerian.
acquiring a British citizenship a renouncing your citizenship are two different issues, I don't know about the saraki case but I know people who hold dual citizenship, but in this case he renounced his there is a strong difference between both scenerio.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by LegendHero(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Shattap Dia! You shameless lots are always quick to defend illegality when you think it wont favour you. If this same issue came up against Peter Obi I'm sure you'll be happily masturbating about it.

Anyways, the law is no respector of persons and, whilst I don't care less who is governor in Lagos, it's evident that Sanwo Olu's deputy went contrary to the law. He'll lose the governorship whether you imps like it or not.

With all your claims of "sophistication, you yoruba people are a crude lot I have to say

I don’t know why an Iyanmili person will be gnashing his teeth for something that’s happening in Yoruba land. You people no get shame?

It’s like me as a Yoruba boy crying that Enugu governor no get NYSC certificate and bla bla bla. Wetin concern me?

Sanwoolu and his deputy will use their 8 years and another governor will be elected in 2027. Una Yebow loser should stop getting high blood pressure over nothing.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Shattuck(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sheggy13:
I don't think this is an expose. It's been in the public domain already. His INEC declaration form is attached here where he boldly said he had acquired the citizenship of the US. So let's see what the judiciary will say about this.
him acquiring the e us citizen may not be the damning issue, but you renouncing your Nigerian citizenship, renouncing means your legally declare that you are not a Nigerian anymore I think tha is the issue not and not necessarily his dual citizenship.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by tinsel: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Osidazz19:

I think they just keep manufacturing these false hopes for their gullible brainwashed followers to keep them hanging around.
It's ludicrous the amount of false hopes they are giving these headless mob of Obi diotc imb@ciles.
They know what they are doing. They want to stampede the judges

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ehissi(m): 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
leanonme82:

And there was even a precedent before this case that had the exact same judgement. Bukola Saraki was taken to court for being a british citizen and he won, because his parents are Nigerian.

Saraki won because he was born abroad. Hamzat went there to Naturalise as an adult....

2 different scenarios, hamzat is entitled to the privileges and rights as any normal Nigerian except the right to vie for public elective office in Nigeria and the right to contest for President in the USA.

Trust me, GRV lawyers have Sanwo Olu and Hamzat in a very difficult place, it is GRV's case to lose......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by lagonovo: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
You are dead wrong. This will get trashed and you can take that to the bank all day long. No case here.

That requirement does not apply to any Nigerian CITIZEN BY BIRTH. It is not the first time this is brought forward by political losers in a bid to get in through the back door and it has never worked anywhere in Nigeria.

senatordave1:

It is also a post election matter and it is constitutional.i am afraid apc will lose Lagos except tinubu intervenes
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Poanan: 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
Corporate2020:

In the INEC form that the deputy governor filled out and submitted, he stated there that he has acquired citizenship of the United States of America. So, it is not hidden. He must have gone through the Constitution of the Federal Republic with the best lawyers in Yoruba land before filling out the form and declaring his true citizenship of the USA.

No court in Nigeria can remove the governor of Lagos State while EMilokan Tinubu is the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed and Unarmed Forces.

Now we know those that on the payroll. U speak with so much authority. But like somekne said, it is about denial of allegiance to other country than than the u.s.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
Shattuck:
him acquiring the e us citizen may not be the damning issue, but you renouncing your Nigerian citizenship, renouncing means your legally declare that you are not a Nigerian anymore I think tha is the issue not and not necessarily his dual citizenship.
Nonsense waste of time, Obidients forever chasing shadows, just now you have forgotten Tinubu’s Guinean citizenship, it is now deputy governor Yankee book una wan wail over?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
lagonovo:
You are dead wrong. This will get trashed and you can take that to the bank all day long. No case here.

That requirement does not apply to any Nigerian CITIZEN BY BIRTH. It is not the first time this is brought forward by political losers in a bid to get in through the back door and it has never worked anywhere in Nigeria.

True,the court may say it refers to citizens other than birth.i think hamzat should resign and backdate it
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
Poanan:

Now we know those that on the payroll. U speak with so much authority
Maybe you don’t reside in Nigeria?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by NEIGHBOUR(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hundeyin has given free food to the children of hate and perdition to feed on for the next two weeks.
They are beyond redemption.😂
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
ABEG FORGET MATTER. if they remove hamsat by law as deputy,he will be made a ministrer by PTinubu grin so which one better pass?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by favor914: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:

True,the court may say it refers to citizens other than birth.i think hamzat should resign and backdate it
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
ABEG FORGET MATTER. if they remove hamsat by law as deputy,he will be made a ministrer by PTinubu grin so which one better pass?
But some politicians get mind o! shocked and Inec too no know law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Oil Spillage In Eleme/Ogu, Rivers State (Pictures) / ‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions / IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.