Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records (46805 Views)

Obafemi Hamzat: MC Oluomo Must Pay If He Broke The Law / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by egoldman(m): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
teepain:

Very good question. Issues like these would help our people to understand the laws that govern them.

The process of renunciation of Nigerian citizenship by birth contains multiple steps. Renunciation is not done by taking the oath of allegiance of another country alone.

After taking the oath of allegiance of the other country, the person seeking to renunciate his/her citizenship by birth will write a letter of application to the Nigerian authorities with evidences documenting the naturalisation of the new country (this includes a letter signed by the officials of the other country whose citizenship is being sought). The applicant will also pay an application fee of #50,000. Thereafter, the Nigerian authorities will process the application.

Really, so I will pay to. renounce my Nigerian citizenship?

So what if I can't afford the 50k?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by benji93: 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
Much better. I love it. That's the appropriate section. However, is the office of the governor the same as the office of the deputy governor? I can see in section 191(2 and 3) that the Deputy Governor's office is recognized as an office by the constitution. So an argument can be made that they are separate.
ehissi:

Thank you for pointing that out. The relevant section to governorship elections is section 182 (1).

Which is a mirror of section 66(1).

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by tinsel: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Like Chimaroke Nnamani (Former Governor of Enugu) and Willy obiano (Former Governor of Anambra). Both American citizens. The Doctor that Alex report was pushing around for governor of Anambra candidate is also an American citizen. All aquired.

Don't mind Obidients. Both Chimaraoke, Obiano and Orji Kalu are USA citizens

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Tijani009: 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please i beg everyone in the name of GOD i need surport for my gynocosmastia surgery the cost is #250,000 pls anything would be appriciated
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Tijani009: 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tijani009:
Please i beg everyone in the name of GOD i need surport for my gynocosmastia surgery the cost is #250,000 pls anything would be appriciated
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:
Forgery is serious offence, little wonder Mbah is almost romancing Tinubu these days.

Others might run away..... Like in CRS, Hamzat is a Deputy-Gov who was only nominated, there are ways to run around these things.

He might still escape just like lalong,ayade and dapo.the only one that may go is umo Eno since it is tied to his ssce
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Keep quiet. The section in the constitution never said anything about renouncing citizenship. What it said is if you take citizenship of another country voluntarily, you can't be gov.
Try and understand the difference. It does not say you're no longer a citizen. Not all citizens can be gov or president. A citizen who is below 18, or with no evidence of secondary school education, or who has been convicted of a crime can't be gov. It doesn't mean his citizenship is renounced.

Even if you are convicted,after 10 years he is free
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

See the way you just confuse your like. The case you're referring to here is the case between Buhari and Atiku, wherein Buhari claimed Atiku wasn't a Nigerian as at the time Atiku was born, because Jedda was then in the territory of Cameron. These are two different cases entirely and remotely not related.
I am even so surprise, after every sections of the constitution had been opened to you, you still went haywire just to appear clever but finally made mess of your intelligence.
It's not everything you poke your nose on, there are issues that are left untouched as to protect your integrity and intelligence.

You can see how the case looks serious unlike obi own
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ehissi(m): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
benji93:
Much better. I love it. That's the appropriate section. However, is the office of the governor the same as the office of the deputy governor? I can see in section 191(2 and 3) that the Deputy Governor's office is recognized as an office by the constitution. So an argument can be made that they are separate.

Hmmmm.......

Can you appreciate the grounds of disqualification of David lyon, the acclaimed winner of the Bayelsa gubernatorial elections?

If you can, then this position of yours would be totally unnecessary...

The issue raised here, points to eligibility which is a pre-electoral matter, don't you think so?
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by GetSenseNow: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
ba7man:
Na one Lagosian APC supporter wey nobody send message go soon slap this boy for any country him dey.
A man RENOUNCED his YORUBA IDENTITY to take up the IDENTITY of a white man.

That man is being CELEBRATED as the real YORUBA MAN by UNFORTUNATE MINIONS in Lagos.

A proper YORUBA MAN who has his IDENTITY intact, is called AN OMOALE because his mother is from another TRIBE in NIGERIA..

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
ehissi:

Thank you for pointing that out. The relevant section to governorship elections is section 182 (1).

Which is a mirror of section 66(1).

Section 28 has settled it
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Kukutenla: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:

Even if you are convicted,after 10 years he is free
Who is debating that
Is that the subject of discussion
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ehissi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:

Section 28 has settled it

Rather how section 28 will be interpreted will make or break the case for GRV
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Raskimonojendor: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
GetSenseNow:

A man RENOUNCED his YORUBA IDENTITY to take up the IDENTITY of a white man.

That man is being CELEBRATED as the real YORUBA MAN by UNFORTUNATE MINIONS in Lagos.

A proper YORUBA MAN who has his IDENTITY intact, is called AN OMOALE because his mother is from another TRIBE in NIGERIA..
Stop being smart by 1/2.

They called him An Omo ale because he posted several anti-Yoruba posts on social media and made anti-Yoruba statements during the election period, and most importantly, he is an IPOB sympathiser.

You wonder why Gov Jackson Adeleke has never been called an Omo ale despite having an Ibo mother too.

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
ehissi:

Hmmmm.......

Can you appreciate the grounds of disqualification of David lyon, the acclaimed winner of the Bayelsa gubernatorial elections?

The issue raised here, points to eligibility which is a pre-electoral matter, don't you think so?

It is a constitutional matter which can be raised at any point.section 28 must be juxtaposed with section 182
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
ehissi:

Rather how section 28 will be interpreted will make or break the case for GRV

Section 28 clearly states that a citizen by birth can never lose it.as you know,the courts always interprets the law to favour incumbents
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by senatordave1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Who is debating that
Is that the subject of discussion

You raised it,obi raised it in his watery petition
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ajog1: 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:
I think at this material time, the APC need to call The LP to a round table discussion, a give and take agreement should be put forward. The terms of the agreement will be either the APC and Tinubu agree to relinquish Lagos State to the LP and retain the presidency or the relinquish the presidency to they LP and retain Lagos State.

Failure to put these forward will certainly lead to the APC and Tinubu losing both the presidency and the Lagos State puting into consideration the avalanche of indicting documents against the APC both at presidential and lagos State gubernatorial election tribunal.
This makes for a good tales by moonlight. Speaking of a jungle with such certainty. Haha
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ruggedtimi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Pipefitter:

Yes we are looking. I remember how they hurriedly sacked one governor in Bayelsa because of the deputy's forgery... Let's see the legal term they will use to confuse the gullible on this one
governor elect...not governor
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by sogodihno: 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Bookmark this page

I don bookmark tire, grin grin you said the same thing before the election, shameless thing.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by fergie001: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:

He might still escape just like lalong,ayade and dapo.the only one that may go is umo Eno since it is tied to his ssce
Don't forget that mad lion's own was tied to his ND certificate at Fed Poly, Mubi.

For the DG, NYSC to be this defiant ...... forgery is forgery oooo.

I remember the case of an APC rep representing Yola North/Yola South/Girei Federal Constituency:

Abdulrauf Abdulkadir Modibbo v. Mustapha Usman & Ors

He won the Primary on Oct 7, 2018 and passed out from NYSC on Oct 18 but he forged his NYSC credentials to ensure that he had done his POP before he participated.

The SC (panel led by Ejembi Eko -unanimous) sacked him, saying that:
1. ....involving in partisan politics during NYSC contravenes Paragraph 9 of section 4 of the NYSC Act.

Two other reasons I can't remember...

Asides NYSC denying they issued him that, Mba was Chief of Staff to Chimaroke Nnamani as Gov... (I have no pity for him)!

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Julius1995(m): 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dont lie did you read what was written in those documents? Omo eru (slave). One will wonder how's Sanwo Olu matter your concern again, are you in anyway related to him? Did he know your mother? If you strive for the betterment of your the the way you fight people who dont care whether you live or perish,
your life would have been better, such that you won't have time to defend your oppressors at all time
Moh247:
cool

This 30 years old boy no just get sense

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Julius1995(m): 3:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
Julius1995:
Dont lie did you read what was written in those documents? Omo eru (slave). One will wonder how's Sanwo Olu matter your concern again, are you in anyway related to him? Did he know your mother? If you strive for the betterment of your life the the way you fight for people who dont care whether you live or perish,
your life would have been better, such that you won't have time to defend your oppressors at all time
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Acidosis(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
chidiokay:

Speaking of Justice shouldnt that be the perogative of the court.

Asides propaganda of what use is David to labour party

My joy is Hamzat did not lie on inec form for a start,
Go n read section 61(1) and 28 smiley tip off

David is the reason you typed this in defence of a man you don't even know.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by chidiokay: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
Acidosis:

David is the reason you typed this in defence of a man you don't even know.

Shebi David is the father of your unborn children .. and thats why his words means so much to you
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Bulldozer90: 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
XAUBulls:

Nicely put.

This post from the official U.S. government website sums it all up and some headless chickens are just making fools of themselves running around and around. A lot of these young people don't read to comprehend anymore.

The level of illiteracy and semi-literacy on exhibition here on this NL thread and elsewhere online with reference to the Prince Obafemi Hamzat U.S. citizenship topic is truly disgraceful and annoying!

https://www.usa.gov/dual-citizenship
in US not all citizens can for elective positions. Being a citizen is different from being eligible to contest .

Let's see it this way. If you're convicted for any offence outside Nigeria, it bars you also from holding elective office in Nigeria. I do not see how voluntary acquisition of US citizenship involving renunciation of your pledge of allegiance to Nigeria won't stop you from holding a position of trust in Nigeria. That oath of allegiance is a games changer.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by benji93: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
I didn't know anything about David Lyon's case until now. I did some digging. And even though I usually don't Nigerian online news outlets, since a fair number of major Nigerian news outlets carried it, I am assuming that the commonalities between their reports are fairly true. They reported that David submitted fake academic credentials, which means he provided false information on his form. My point is not unnecessary even for this example. Besides the case was that of a governor-elect. The office of the deputy governor exists because of the office of the governor, so if the governor is disqualified for submitting false documents, his deputy should be disqualified too. I understand if the law kicks the deputy out because the governor lied. Having said this I understand your point could perhaps open a discussion on how the two offices interact. My argument is however that who the state elects is mostly based on the office of the governor. So even though the deputy governor goes down when his governor goes down, I do not believe this to be true in the reverse(I assume you don't go the extremes and assume this too). Also while the law that brings a governor down most definitely brings his deputy down, the same law doesn't necessarily apply to the deputy alone. The section specifically stated that anyone elected to the office of the governor must not violate the following rules. If the constitution recognizes the office of the deputy governor as a separate office on some grounds, then it's a loophole to get this thrown out. You make it seem as if the Constitution is clear on this. The two offices are separate on at least some things, and the Constitution recognizes that. This is not my problem. Perhaps the constitution should be amended further to cover that loophole.

ehissi:

Hmmmm.......

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
So, the court case is no longer that Shinedu won the elections, its now about the Deputy governor is not eligible to run. Clearly, Shinedu has NO case.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Dancebreaker: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Not only that O !!

The President of Nigeria must also approve your renounced Citizenship application form

You cannot renounce your Nigerian Citizenship until Mr President says so !!!!

And signs it !!!

Let me give it to you Straight

Hamzat never renounced his Citizenship
and even if he did ( Which he didn't ) President Tinubu of Nigeria under the constitution of Nigeria has the right and full authority to restore it !!!!;

Cc LegendHero
It all boils down to technicality and poorly formulated constitution by the military. Nigeria has such a huge diaspora today today that by now, restrictions or lack of on political positions for 9ja with other citizenship status should be made clear.

It shouldn't matter who the president is or not to wade into such issues. The system and strong institutions should be very sure of their work and enlighten the public. That will benefit everyone.

As you will recall both APC and PDP have taken each other to court over such matters before. Now it's LP v APC. Next time, it could be members of the party you support going to court over same matter yet again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Political Body Count / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation / Photos Of Wike And Ikpeazu On Vacation In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.