Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records (46794 Views)

Obafemi Hamzat: MC Oluomo Must Pay If He Broke The Law / Brigadier’s Convoy Jumps Red Light, Hits Obafemi Hamzat’s Convoy / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Kukutenla: 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Are you aware that US based Nigerians can only renounce their Citizenship at the Nigerian Embassy and it is the Nigerian Government that issues the letter Confirming it ?

Of Course you are not aware because you didn't receive that Education that I am giving it to you now for free

Your case never had legs to stand on
Keep quiet. The section in the constitution never said anything about renouncing citizenship. What it said is if you take citizenship of another country voluntarily, you can't be gov.
Try and understand the difference. It does not say you're no longer a citizen. Not all citizens can be gov or president. A citizen who is below 18, or with no evidence of secondary school education, or who has been convicted of a crime can't be gov. It doesn't mean his citizenship is renounced.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by okuta007: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Creeper:
Lol, these obsessed Igbos are still trying to shove Chinedu (the descendant of an Igbo slave, who was sold into slavery by Arochukwu) down Yoruba people’s throats. How about focus on your region?

I hope all the proud Yoruba sons who did the flogging the last time didn’t bin their switches because they’d need them again soon. Sometimes, you have to do things repeatedly, for some people to finally get the message.

Anyway, this is an exercise in futility. But Yorubas need to send a strong message to these covetous savages because they’re becoming too brazen for my liking.

once again - the Nigerian judiciary is on trial.... IF the laws will not be obeyed, then let's erase the constitution so at least we can all agree (formally) to stop deceiving ourselves. TODAY, a Drug Baron sits as the leader of our country, he is the face of Nigeria to the world. Not you and I - BUT when anyone thinks or talks about Nigeria today JUNE 23, 2023 - Bola Tinubu is the representation of that discussion and that does not worry you as Nigerian who has pride, dignity and integrity? That the world is watching us erase our collective values ?

"I Pledge to NIGERIA my country, to be FAITHFUL, LOYAL and HONEST " (where is the honesty here bro if we can not tell simple truths when it matters to save our country from shame?) .................." to defend her unity, and UPHOLD HER HONOR and GLORY" (by allowing a drug baron rule over your land? )

IF this is what we all have agreed to do, That is very OK by me, we are all in this together - Nigeria belongs to all of us - then let us erase the constitution - and live according to the NEW creed that we have agreed to - so at least we can formally stop deceiving ourselves -- and let the new pledge be:

"I ABHOR NIGERIA my COUNTRY, to be UNFAITHFUL, DISLOYAL and DISHONEST, to REBEL AGAINST NIGERIA WITH ALL MY STRENGTH, to PROMOTE her DISNUITY, and DISGRACE her and make her a LAUGHING STOCK in the committee of NATIONS, SO help me GOD"

The above pledge is BEST for us since we all want to be crazy - promoting tribalism and refusing to be patriotic because of greed!
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Codes151(m): 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

This 30 years old boy no just get sense

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already settled issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

sense u no get
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Penguin2: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
LegendHero:

Oga no be only one person talk am. Multiple Ibos claimed that.

Infact lot of them even initially thought he wasn’t Ibo from his last name. They’ve been trending that Tinubu hate Igbo and did not appoint anyone from there until they later knew he’s from Enugu.

Chinedu will never govern Lagos, he is a self-hating Yoruba guy who claimed by himself that he “never think in Yoruba”.

Seyi get Ijaw wife, Oyo people love him like mad and no one ever use it against him.

Adeleke get Ibo wife, no one ever used it against him.

If tomorrow Seyi Makinde go rogue and started abusing Yoruba people, na that time them go open him file and Wetin Chinedu dey see now go happen to am.

You Ibo cannot take half of what you want Yoruba people to take. It’s just like Joe Ibowke wanting to be governor of Anambla, una go vote am? No be Joe Yorubakwe una dey call am all this while?
Well, just pray the courts don’t think otherwise if not that Chinedu you hate is your next Governor.

Meanwhile, Atiku has submitted evidence in court that shows your Tinubu is female.

Hope you still think he doesn’t have a case?😎
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Kukutenla: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
jackcanfield:

I am sure from his first term he has indirectly renonce his citizenship.
Where is it written that taking oath of office of a gov means you've renounced citizenship of another country. You're not sure. You're just imagining things.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Christistruth03: 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Keep quiet. The section in the constitution never said anything about renouncing citizenship. What it said is if you take citizenship of another country voluntarily, you can't be gov.
Try and understand the difference. It does not say you're no longer a citizen. Not all citizens can be gov or president. A citizen who is below 18, or with no evidence of secondary school education, or who has been convicted of a crime can't be gov. It doesn't mean his citizenship is renounced.

The Supreme court threw it Out
In the Case of Saraki , Atiku, Adeosun and Isola

Are you aware that Gen Sani Abacha was also a Citizen of Chad where his father came from ?

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Dancebreaker: 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

This Document is from the US Government Website

Both Nigeria and US Recognizes dual Citizenship

By the way Nigerian Citizenship is renounced at the Nigerian Embassy who will then issue a Letter confirming it

So the Nigerian Government is the one who actually confirms that a former Citizen of Nigeria has renounced his Citizenship

You case will be thrown in the dustbin like it was in the Case of Senate President Bukola Saraki and former Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun who were also both British Citizens
Do you know that Gen Sani Abacha was also a Citizen of Chad where his father came from?
Bukola was born in London when Oloye was a medic there. Kemi was also born in London. There was automatic citizenship by birth in UK those days. Unless your parents were foreign diplomats.

Both did not voluntarily apply for foreign citizenship, they were born with it. So the laws sees their case differently. Abacha also didn't apply for Chad citizenship.

The law is a bit silly here because whether you were born with it or acquired it, you have allegiance to a foreign country and that country may use you as a spy. But the law is the law.
Presidency/VP and governorship/DG are executive positions that come with immunity from the law. Unlike senators, house of rep, commissioners or ministers that make key decisions but have no immunity.

So I guess the law seeks to guarantee a high level of allegiance to 9ja for those executive positions.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Where is it written that taking oath of office of a gov means you've renounced citizenship of another country. You're not sure. You're just imagining things.

What is an oath and what does it entail... He took an oath for citizenship and by virtue of his oath of office he has also renounce it by proclaiming full allegiance to Nigeria ...
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by fergie001: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
senatordave1:
The earlier the better but we all know that apc won't lose Lagos with tinubu up there. The court will likely introduce a proviso demanding to know if hamzat resigned his Nigerian citizenship.

In the end,none of the three govs might even be removed.mbah self might escape as the apex court has said a forged qualification must be tied to the constitution and give him undue advantage. nysc is not envisaged in 177-182
Forgery is serious offence, little wonder Mbah is almost romancing Tinubu these days.

Others might run away..... Like in CRS, Hamzat is a Deputy-Gov who was only nominated, there are ways to run around these things.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Christistruth03: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Bukola was born in London when Oloye was a medic there. Kemi was also born in London. There was automatic citizenship by birth in UK those days. Unless your parents were foreign diplomats.

Both did not voluntarily apply for foreign citizenship, they were born with it. So the laws sees their case differently. Abacha also didn't apply for Chad citizenship.

The law is a bit silly here because whether you were born with it or acquired it, you have allegiance to a foreign country and that country may use you as a spy. But the law is the law.
Presidency/VP and governorship/DG are executive positions that come with immunity from the law. Unlike senators, house of rep, commissioners or ministers that make key decisions but have no immunity.

So I guess the law seeks to guarantee a high level of allegiance to 9ja for those executive positions.

Not only that O !!

The President of Nigeria must also approve your renounced Citizenship application form

You cannot renounce your Nigerian Citizenship until Mr President says so !!!!

And signs it !!!

Let me give it to you Straight

Hamzat never renounced his Citizenship
and even if he did ( Which he didn't ) President Tinubu of Nigeria under the constitution of Nigeria has the right and full authority to restore it !!!!;

Cc LegendHero

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Raskimonojendor: 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Let even assume LP win in court (which I don’t see it happening at all , if tribunal say A , appeal court and even Supreme Court is dere to turn it over to B) with Tinubu in the center will surely not Favour Lagos as a state and most importantly with the state assembly of APC and a young man that as no experience in politics as governor will surely a be a big no for the interest of lagos

Don’t think the assembly members will decamp to LP with Tinubu as President, they will impeached gbadebo in less than a minute and frustrate his life
I have a friend that is an assembly member. These current batch under Obasa are all Tinubu's boys. Dem get craze for head pass Sanwo Olu grin
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by IfnobeGod20: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Bunch of clowns

Atiku vs APC vs Buhari supreme Court case already settled issue of Nationality during 2019 election Tribunals

As long as one of your parents or grandparents is a citizen of the Geographical location of Nigeria, you are a National

See the way you just confuse your like. The case you're referring to here is the case between Buhari and Atiku, wherein Buhari claimed Atiku wasn't a Nigerian as at the time Atiku was born, because Jedda was then in the territory of Cameron. These are two different cases entirely and remotely not related.
I am even so surprise, after every sections of the constitution had been opened to you, you still went haywire just to appear clever but finally made mess of your intelligence.
It's not everything you poke your nose on, there are issues that are left untouched as to protect your integrity and intelligence.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by siofragspot: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
NLPoliceWoman
manna you and those mods don smoke abi?

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by optimusprime2(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Abeg me sef don taya the matter...
I have already concluded that Naija's leadership system can facilitate the enthronement of babboons into power.

The solution, Japa!
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Raskimonojendor: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
seangy4konji:
After them embezzle finish..they carry all our ,,momey to USA to spend with their families.

tinsel:

Don't mind the brainwashed Obidients. I became a USA citizen in 2020, I don't see such. I am Nigerian by birth. And let somebody tell me I am no longer a Nigerian even if I acquire the citizenship in 100 countries. Obidients will dwell on this and when it is over, they will go to another one. It is a circle.

Like Chimaroke Nnamani (Former Governor of Enugu) and Willy obiano (Former Governor of Anambra). Both American citizens. The Doctor that Alex report was pushing around for governor of Anambra candidate is also an American citizen. All aquired.

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by afadi2410: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Bunch of clowns

You no get sense,go and read your constitution well
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by benji93: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Quite interesting. But whenever you quote something, do quote the entirety of it. You ignored the first part 66(1). No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or House of Representatives. This matter is with respect to a state. That was clearly not covered. That's the first loophole. The second is even if the office of the state governor was part of it, this case may not be considered seriously because Sanwo Olu was the one elected not him. You may have to find another part of the constitution i am afraid.
ehissi:

Section 66(1)(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic,1999,(As Amended ), is clear and unambiguous that a person who voluntarily acquires the Citizenship of another Country, who is a Citizen of Nigeria by birth is not eligible for elections.

It is my submission that the operative word here is “voluntarily acquire the Citizenship of another Country”.

So you can be a dual Citizen of Nigeria by birth. That is to say you are born in another country and at the same time , one of your parents or grand parents is indigenous to a Community in Nigeria. This is the category of dual citizens that can not be caught by Section 66(1) of the Constitution.

Section 66(1) is clear and unambiguous and should interpreted literally as expected by the literal cannon of interpretation.
Section 28 only says you will not forfeit your Citizenship,but by the provisions of Section 66(1) of the Constitution you can not contest.

In the United States ,if you are not born in the United States you cannot contest for the Presidency.

It does not detract from your Citizenship.

So,the argument that Section 28 of gives you leverage to contest is not tenable as the being a Citizen simpli cita, does not qualify you to contest, except you meet other pre-requisites and one of the pre-requisites is as stated in Section 66 (1) of the Constitution.

The Provisions of the Constitution finds expression in Section 66 (1) which prohibits a person who voluntarily acquires the Citizenship of another Country from elective Office.

The cases of Ogbeide v. Osula and Labour Party v. Ishola, referred to by some analysts are Court of Appeal decisions.

The Supreme Court had decided in Ucha v. Onwe (2011) that voluntary acquisition of citizenship of another Country, prohibits you from elective Office in tandem with Section 66(1)(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic 1999,(As Amended ). This remains the Law according to the legal principle and tradition of following Staris Decisis (Judicial Precedence).

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by IfnobeGod20: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
jackcanfield:
What's this one saying , so how will brain drain become brain gain now ...

Anyway I am not worried ...It is to renounce the citizenship shikena ...Moreover the oath of Office is glaring that he has solemnly swear to bear full allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Technically by the allegiance speech he has renounces his U.S citizenship.
Are you telling the world that taking an oath of office had automatically renounced an oath of allegiance to other country? Please more explanation and the law that back up that..
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Saao(m): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Bunch of clowns

this case is different. He sworn to an oaths denouncing Nigeria that's what it means.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Saao(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
benji93:
Quite interesting. But whenever you quote something, do quote the entirety of it. You ignored the first part 66(1). No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or House of Representatives. This matter is with respect to a state. That was clearly not covered. That's the first loophole. The second is even if the office of the state governor was part of it, this case may not be considered seriously because Sanwo Olu was the one elected not him. You may have to find another part of the constitution i am afraid.
both of them are elected and they are running joint tickets, what ever happened to deputy, affect the governor, balyesa case come to mind
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by benji93: 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
In other words, your freedom from Nigeria is not in your hands. You are bound to Nigeria until Mr President says so. cheesy grin. It also seems renouncing your allegiance to other states according to the US is a formality. In truth you can retain your other citizenship if you so wish.
Christistruth03:

Not only that O !!

The President of Nigeria must also approve your renounced Citizenship application form

You cannot renounce your Nigerian Citizenship until Mr President says so !!!!

And signs it !!!

Let me give it to you Straight

Hamzat never renounced his Citizenship
and even if he did ( Which he didn't ) President Tinubu of Nigeria under the constitution of Nigeria has the right and full authority to restore it !!!!;

Cc LegendHero

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by LegendHero(m): 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
Penguin2:

Well, just pray the courts don’t think otherwise if not that Chinedu you hate is your next Governor.

Meanwhile, Atiku has submitted evidence in court that shows your Tinubu is female.

Hope you still think he doesn’t have a case?😎

Lol which Chinedu and which court? Una like okay too much.

Yes I saw that comedy to say Tinubu na female. I just hope na fine babe be the Tinubu and I hope she get big backside coz I love huge one.

Both Atiku and him lawyer dey craze.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Raskimonojendor: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Nonsense!

You don't renounce any Citizenship to become a US Citizen
US recognizes dual Citizenship and so does Nigeria

This is from the US Government Website

No wonder you want to deport Yorubas from Lagos Yorubaland

Thank Almighty God you Lost Gbadebo Rhode
It's not like America is China where dual nationality is not allowed. Even to renounce one's citizenship requires approval from the presidency. I am sure Hamzat travels around with a Nigerian diplomat passport. Something someone that has renounced Nigerian nationality won't have access to.

Chimaroke and Obiano. Former governors of Enugu and Anambra respectively are both American citizen as well. Including that American Doctor that contested for Governorship of Anambra.

Much ado over nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by benji93: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
You should address both points. You only addressed the lesser of the two. I can concede that point, even though I still think it's a loophole. The much more important issue is does that section of the constitution include election into the state government? The section clearly doesn't confirm that.
Saao:
both of them are elected and they are running joint tickets, what ever happened to deputy, affect the governor, balyesa case come to mind
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Kukutenla: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
jackcanfield:

What is an oath and what does it entail... He took an oath for citizenship and by virtue of his oath of office he has also renounce it by proclaiming full allegiance to Nigeria ...
You're adding what's not in the oath of allegiance for public office to it. The oath does not state that you renounce any allegiance or citizenship like the oath of US does.
Besides, the oath is administered only for those who are qualified to be gov. It is not a prerequisite to be qualified to be gov. You have to be qualified to take the oath and for your oath- taking to be of effect. So if you're not qualified in the first place, you're not supposed to take the oath.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by ehissi(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
benji93:

Thank you for pointing that out. The relevant section to governorship elections is section 182 (1).

Which is a mirror of section 66(1).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Are you telling the world that taking an oath of office had automatically renounced an oath of allegiance to other country? Please more explanation and the law that back up that..

cheesy Leave it to the master's at Technicalities the Olanipekuns to deal with it.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

You're adding what's not in the oath of allegiance for public office to it. The oath does not state that you renounce any allegiance or citizenship like the oath of US does.
Besides, the oath is administered only for those who are qualified to be gov. It is not a prerequisite to be qualified to be gov. You have to be qualified to take the oath and for your oath- taking to be of effect. So if you're not qualified in the first place, you're not supposed to take the oath.
LoL but it was taking in the presence of a Judge that makes it valid . So it's up to the U.S to inform him that he has lost his citizenship base on his public oath streamed globally, abi if you can't serve someone through a ballif you use other medium ba.
Re: David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records by XAUBulls: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
deji17:

Also, there is a procedure for renouncing Nigerian citizenship of which the President must approve.

Then Hundeyin assignment is not complete until he produce the document and name of the Nigeria President that approves the renunciation.
Lazy People (LP)
Indeed @deji17,

You're doing very well here on this thread.

As it stands, this David Hundeyin is just a wannabe journalist who will never achieve the stellar heights that the great Edo-born 'Dele Giwa and other folks reached back in the day... the glorious era of succinct guerilla journalism. I decoded a long time ago that this "boy" and his gang exhibit a lot of pure narcissism and nuisance in order to attract attention to themselves.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Prince Obafemi Hamzat [whose father was an Oba or king, and was also the former Lagos Commissioner of Works when the defunct Lagos Metroline project was conceived during the Lagos State Governor Abdulateef Jakande era from 1979 to 1983] will finish their final 4-year-term of office. Period.

All the best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Writes INEC To Allow Him Transport Election Materials / COVID-19: FG To Review Lockdown Relaxation This Week / Loved Up Photo Between Peter Obi And His Wife at Ibadan Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.