Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279229 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2016
* Cross Posting*

Umunne m na Umunna m oh! which means My Brothers & Sisters oh! Biko who has
done Chromoperturbation before? It's part of my Dr's protocols after an open
Myomectomy. He usually does it once the 3rd period arrives and packs up. My 3rd AF
post Op came yesterday, therefore yours truly will be going in soon for this procedure.
I've asked him plenty questions yesterday on the procedure and all he gave me is that
recovery time is 45mins and mild anaesthesia will be given. He has stylishly declined
answering further questions until I come for the procedure. He gets the vibes from my
questions that am scared and might actually change my mind and not come in for it.
Well he's somewhat right, so I don't blame him. I just want to learn what I can to
prepare my psyche before the D day. I've googled for information but not really getting
all the info I want. I do know that he'll as usual answer all my questions and clear my
fears before we go into the Theatre. As per cost, am only going to pay for the cost of
materials to be used and not for the procedure. TIA.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2016
Fvine:
* Cross Posting*

Umunne m na Umunna m oh! which means My Brothers & Sisters oh! Biko who has
done Chromoperturbation before? It's part of my Dr's protocols after an open
Myomectomy. He usually does it once the 3rd period arrives and packs up. My 3rd AF
post Op came yesterday, therefore yours truly will be going in soon for this procedure.
I've asked him plenty questions yesterday on the procedure and all he gave me is that
recovery time is 45mins and mild anaesthesia will be given. He has stylishly declined
answering further questions until I come for the procedure. He gets the vibes from my
questions that am scared and might actually change my mind and not come in for it.
Well he's somewhat right, so I don't blame him. I just want to learn what I can to
prepare my psyche before the D day. I've googled for information but not really getting
all the info I want. I do know that he'll as usual answer all my questions and clear my
fears before we go into the Theatre. As per cost, am only going to pay for the cost of
materials to be used and not for the procedure. TIA.

its well wit u sister, it must end in praise!

Congrats @Joyfulmum. It can only be God

Thnk God for all d success stories of treatments. Its not easy. But we shall overcome

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2016
Tbaby4real:

I just want to ask what your levels are? You may want to ask for the proper medication and support it with right food.

Thnx dearie. It was just just on d margin. I ve repeated it dis month n its in normal range.

Pls I n dh has been on antibiotics. No overt infection but pus cells stil present in the culture. Is der anytin we can do to improve on dat asides d drugs we r taking?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nabeelah2016: 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hello People,

Hope you Mummies are all having a good day.

Just checking if anyone has ever used IVIG (Intravenous immunoglobulin - It is supposed to help fight anti-bodies or immune issues) as part of their IVF process? Can you please share your thoughts on the treatment if you got a BFP or/and if you had any side effects. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulmother(f): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dear Sisters.
I'm sorry if my response to the congratulatory messages is coming this late; Background story is that a few days after i posted my testimony, i did a long write-up in which i was trying to encourage all us and also give some tips that i followed this time around. Unfortunately, my battery was almost all gone and the network was acting up. By the time my battery was up, the write-up had not been posted and fiam! I lost everything. i was so discourage i didnt even venture Nairaland again until I've really cooled down which is now. That coupled with d fact that my phonem which i was using became broken and sometimes to even type a sentence becomes frustration itself! So, please forgive me. It's not as if i plan to just run away with my experiences, just as i learnt from the likes of Faithful wife i also plan to let others learn from my IVF journey too. Also, I pray for every TTC mothers on this platform everyday. I know that God who looked down on me and had mercy after 7+ years of waiting will remember each and everyone here too. Just hold on to Him. Every morning I use Psalms 145:15-19 in prayers for all my TTC friends and I'm sure God will honor His word in our lives.
Like i learnt from faithful wife, let me also state the things i did differently this time ( Or may i even say the things i planned to do differently but couldn't grin, but God did show Himself faithful)
1. A lot of prayers went forth. Yes i did have some fasting periods but i couldnt do much of fasting because i was placed on some special diets which i had to adhere to eating at particular times. But i didnt relent on prayers. I very much believe in United Prayers, so i had a powerful Night vigil with my Mom n elder sis after which i was assured that all bounds were broken. I'm from a conservative Christian homes so we do not go to Prophets or Pastors, we just pray in the family. However, if there are Pastors U trust U could let them pray with U.
2.Hmmn, very funny! i was supposed to desist from stress, however, the week just before my FET was so stressful, my calendar was shifted a week before schedule and everything became almost a mess coupled with the fact that i had to do a 5-hour journey to Lagos 2 days before d procedure, was in a very foul mood and angry with my Drs. In any case, I couldnt shift further so i had to go in for d FET!
3. I learnt from Faithful wife that i should nt do away with d Pregnacare Conception Tabs, so this time, along with the 800Ug Folic acid i was given in d clinic, i used d Pregnacare Tabs, I used extra 400mg Vit C (+ d 90mg in d Pregnacare), i was on Prednisolone, 5mg and Baby Aspirin 75mg for 2 weeks before d FET and Progynova, 6mg as prescribed. Stopped the CoQ 10 few days to d FET as advised by my Doc n this time insisted on Progesterone injection rather than the Pessaries (I read that the injection are better because the get evenly distributed since they are Depot injection).
4. Well, this is almost against Doc's advise, I refused to get up from the recovery bed to go pee until about 15minutes after d transfer as against d less than 5 min they made me get up during my 1st fresh IVF cycle. then i went back n laid for another 45mins after which i went home, being careful of bumpy rides.
5. Well i didnt really get time to be lying around after d transfer, infact, d situation i found myself d day of d transfer warranted me cooking for myself in d evening and since then i just continued to move around as much as i needed to. i actually found out it was better to move around than to have a bed rest as moving around allows free blood flow to the Uterus which helps implantation.
6. About my diet, i removed everything wheat (White bread, Brown bread, Pasta, Cakes Noodles, Cemo), refined sugars, soft drinks, diary (especially milk, these included beverages such as Bournvita and Milo) from my meals. i was advised to do this when i went for detoxification prior to my first IVF and since then i kept on following d dietary advise. There was a test (Asyra Test) done on d computer which could tell what meals one needs to avoid.
I went for fresh vegetables and mostly steamed fruits. i was advised against eating fresh fruits as they said something about my inability to metabolize histamines.
I also needed to stay off Locus beans and smoked fish or meat. Something about d smoke grin
Anyways, My success story is nothing short of a miracle as like i wrote above a lot of things just didnt go well towards d tail end but Today, to Glory of God I'm 2 months on. It has only been God!
In fact, at the begining of the year, my whole situation was bleak, after d first failed attempt, The Prof who owns d Clinic (It's MART, Ikeja, Adjacent to d Ikeja Cantonment) recommended another round of 5-day Detoxification for me after going thru one of 3 days (It's no joke o, that was to cost me about another 700K) and also IVG Infusion or something like that, costing a whooping $1,500 USD!
I and DH just told ourselves that we were just at our wits' end and if God would not do d miracle we better go and rest grin! Even if i had wanted to undergo d treatment, we didnt just have d money any more. As at d end of d first procedure, being d first with all d induction and all and d detox, we had put in 2.5M this was outside other expenses we incured. We were just out rightly broke.
But to God be the Glory, needed neither d Infusion nor d extra Detox, I m here today with child.
My Sisters, i hope my long epistle did not bore U. I like to b of help in any way, please feel free to let me know if there is anyway, i can help and for those of us who have been blessed on this platform, let us b our Sisters' keepers, let's once in a while put in words of encouragement and never forget to pray for one another.
God bless us all smiley. Amen

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulmother(f): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Bukolarade:
Good evening everyone,

Has anyone with endometriosis gone for a successful IVF treatment? I really feel lonely in this, I will be encouraged by someone who has been thru this successfully.

Pls your contribution will be highly appreciated?

Dont U worry Sis. I know very many women with d condition turn up mothers even naturally a times. The IVF success rate is also quite impressive.Just hang in there. God is with U and is working on your case even now! Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Joyfulmother,

wAO

WAO!!! Big congrats to you sis. God bless you and replenish all you have invested into this journey in Jesus name.

Thanks for the encouragement. It is never over

Cheers
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nabeelah2016:
Hello People,

Just checking if anyone has ever used IVIG (Intravenous immunoglobulin - It is supposed to help fight anti-bodies or immune issues) as part of their IVF process? Can you please share your thoughts on the treatment if you got a BFP or/and if you had any side effects. Thank you.

Joyfulmother just mention something like that ...........IVG Infusion .............. abi

Intravenous (IV) immunoglobulin (Ig) has been shown to increase pregnancy rates after previously failed in vitro fertilization (IVF) embryo (ET) attempts

I just began my research on this and it seems it helps increase success rates of ivf after repeated failures. I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Wow @joyfulmum dats alot. Thnk God for success. Healthy bumping
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by futureday(f): 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
wow Congrats sister,u shall carry to term in Jesus name, and dis pregnancy will be a blessing in ur family,replenish all u have lost. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 2:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Congrats to @Joyfulmother and all BFP preggy mamas. You shall all carry to term IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nwarosa: 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
Congrats to all preggy mamas!

Please can someone recommend an IVF centre in the east? Specifically Owerri?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Favouredmom(f): 9:58am On Apr 04, 2016

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oomiyale(f): 10:38am On Apr 04, 2016
Amen I tap from ur testimony
Favouredmom:
The Lord that doeth what no man can do, how excellent is your name!

The Lord has done it for me o! After over two years of battling in this TTC journey, 1 suspended ICSI cycle, 1 failed FET cycle, days and nights spent weeping and crying my eyes out to God, the Lord has remembered me and blessed me with a very Big Fat Positive HPT today at 9dp5dt.

I give God all the praise. I haven't done my beta test yet, that'll be in two days but the two lines on my pregancy test stick are really dark. I've seen too many negative results in my life to recognise and differentiate a positive one even at first glance.

What I did differently this time:

1. I didn't neglect fasting and prayers, I went on some days fasting prior to my transfer and made sure to intensify my prayers and build my faith in God.
2. I stayed off google up until today, the many discouraging things we read there tend to shake out faith in God. I stopped googling signs and symptoms after transfer
3. I went against my doctors advice and took baby aspirin. I intend to tell him at my next appointment in two days time but I'm sure he wouldn't mind and will be happy it was positive anyway
4. I relaxed as much as I could as I'm a natural workaholic. Took time off work after the transfer and took it easy with chores although I got another job in the process which is a lot easier to handle for me
5. I kept using my folic acid, vit C & D, omega 3, progynova 6mg that was prescribed by my doctor and the crinone gel which finished before I could get another packet but God still proved himself faithful. I've now continued on the progesterone pessaries.
6. Ate my pineapple slices faithfully from day of transfer till 5dp5dt
Finally, God favoured me!

To all reading this and still in the waiting room, I declare that the waiting is OVER! The Good Lord that did mine like a dream will do yours in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jill28: 10:51am On Apr 04, 2016
Hi my dear, I would highly recommend my IVF clinic. I have been blessed with the best. I have received emotional support during my fertility treatment, counselling is included in my journey and has been available the whole time throughout my treatment. The Bridge Clinic has been my saving grace. Stay blessed! *e-hugs*
nwarosa:

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jill28: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2016
I am thrilled for you beautiful. May God continue to bless you abundantly
Favouredmom:

The Lord has done it for me o! After over two years of battling in this TTC journey, 1 suspended ICSI cycle, 1 failed FET cycle, days and nights spent weeping and crying my eyes out to God, the Lord has remembered me and blessed me with a very Big Fat Positive HPT today at 9dp5dt.

I give God all the praise. I haven't done my beta test yet, that'll be in two days but the two lines on my pregancy test stick are really dark. I've seen too many negative results in my life to recognise and differentiate a positive one even at first glance.

1. I didn't neglect fasting and prayers, I went on some days fasting prior to my transfer and made sure to intensify my prayers and build my faith in God.
2. I stayed off google up until today, the many discouraging things we read there tend to shake out faith in God. I stopped googling signs and symptoms after transfer
3. I went against my doctors advice and took baby aspirin. I intend to tell him at my next appointment in two days time but I'm sure he wouldn't mind and will be happy it was positive anyway
4. I relaxed as much as I could as I'm a natural workaholic. Took time off work after the transfer and took it easy with chores although I got another job in the process which is a lot easier
5. I kept using my folic acid, vit C & D, omega 3, progynova 6mg that was prescribed by my doctor and the crinone gel which finished before I could get another packet but God still proved himself faithful. I've now continued on the progesterone pessaries.

To all reading this and still in the waiting room, I declare that the waiting is OVER! The Good Lord that did mine like a dream will do yours in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tbaby4real(f): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
DonaTee:

Thnx dearie. It was just just on d margin. I ve repeated it dis month n its in normal range.

Pls I n dh has been on antibiotics. No overt infection but pus cells stil present in the culture. Is der anytin we can do to improve on dat asides d drugs we r taking?

Good to hear that your levels are normal but just so you know doctor needs to check both the TSH and T4. I read somewhere that T3 needs to be checked also but my doctor said TSH and T4 are the most important ones.
I don't really know about infections. The only infection I've had was yeast infection and i remember I was given an antibiotics to be taken for 7 days and that was it.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 3:21am On Apr 05, 2016
Tbaby4real:

Good to hear that your levels are normal but just so you know doctor needs to check both the TSH and T4. I read somewhere that T3 needs to be checked also but my doctor said TSH and T4 are the most important ones.
I don't really know about infections. The only infection I've had was yeast infection and i remember I was given an antibiotics to be taken for 7 days and that was it.

kk thnx.
d infection issue us driving me nuts.
We av taken 2 courses of antibiotics yet ders pus cell. D ish is affecting me biko. Jus dey take drugs yet no specific infection to tag it to. Frm using cd as dh no kuku like use am.....we dey abstain yet pus cells persist. I haven't done hsg cos of this.

@iwangobio @wonyi et al pls torchlight dis matter for me.
I ll like to know d antibiotics protocol/drugs u were given to clear/ prevent infections b4 hsg
im getting fed up
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 3:30am On Apr 05, 2016
Favouredmom:

4. I relaxed as much as I could as I'm a natural workaholic. Took time off work after the transfer and took it easy with chores although I got another job in the process which is a lot easier

wow! Wow! I bless God for you. Indeed God is faithful. Healthy n happy bumping.
Amen! The waiting is over for me in Jesus name amen!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tuns10: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2016
Big congrats to @favouredmom and @joyful mother. You shall carry to term in Jesus name and may God answer us.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:29am On Apr 05, 2016
@ Donatee, have you detoxed? Have u tried bitters(sweeten bitters or goko cleanser)? Have u tried to change undies or wash with bleach? Then avoid sugar. Same is applicable to hubby.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 5:17am On Apr 09, 2016
wonyi:
@ Donatee, have you detoxed? Have u tried bitters(sweeten bitters or goko cleanser)? Have u tried to change undies or wash with bleach? Then avoid sugar. Same is applicable to hubby.

I n dh avoid sugars but use once in a while n not much. I drink acv,honey n ginger regularly.
I ve never taken any bitters b4. Dunno how to squeeze in bitters wit d drugs n supplements im on. Dh no go look d bitters sef
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2016
[quote author=DonaTee post=44538220]

I used to be a candidate of staph n candida. But God used herbs to heal me. Different bitters. Bitters do the trick.try n squeeze in ginger n garlic to either food n tea.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sarnneth: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
nwarosa:

pm me
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nwarosa: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
sarnneth:

pm me
Done
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by momoftheyear16: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
Pls who can recommend the a very good hospital and gynecologist in Port-harcourt?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nabeelah2016:
Hello People,

My friend used it with her FET at Mart. She got a bfp after like 3 implantation failures.
But the thing cost die! Its was like 500k (based on my conversion from usd. She paid in dollars) a year ago
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
nwarosa:
Done
Please reply my pm
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
jill28:
Hi my dear, I would highly recommend my IVF clinic. I have been blessed with the best. I have received emotional support during my fertility treatment, counselling is included in my journey and has been available the whole time throughout my treatment. The Bridge Clinic has been my saving grace. Stay blessed! *e-hugs*
Does bridge have a clinic in owerri?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nwarosa: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Please reply my pm
Replied
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
Goodday everyone,read the 196 pages of this thread, I must commend you all,the most mature thread I have come across on this forum,I am not ttc,I am not even married,had to read because of my aunty who has been ttc for 9 years,she has been through a lot,I don't even want to start narrating, anyway,does any one know where or how I can get inofolic and vitex in Benin,she has not seen her period since her last miscarriage,it's been months now,or if there is someone I can buy from, please help, we have looked for it in big pharmacies in Benin still no luck
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
O my God! I feel so ashamed going thru this thread. Just got married and became pregnant in d first month. I was devastated cos i was abt writing my final exams. I even considered aborting it but DH quickly reported 2 my mum. Now i'm 34 weeks pregnant and couldnt be happier. 4 all dose still waiting on God, dnt loose hope. Baby dust 2 all expecting mothers

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.