Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276042 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2011
uzoo:

@pslm23

you're welcome.
how are you doing today? just thought i should check up on you on here.

Doing better, thanks for asking Uzoo. I'm getting my body and mental mind ready for surgery and then for IVF #2. The one good news I got regarding the surgery is that they will not be cutting me open to do it. They will knock me out and go through "down there" to remove the tube. I've been told that when i wake, i will be in a lot of pain with some bleeding but after a couple of days I should start feeling better. For me, it's better than incisions in my belly and waiting for the wound to heal. My doc says she prefers the other way because it eliminates any more scar tissues forming in me. I'm spending most of my free time on Nairaland reading stuff that just makes me laugh so bad but at least takes my mind off of worrying about the surgery and IVF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ pslm23. All will be well with you in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ivynwa(f): 4:48am On Nov 08, 2011
@Pslm23
Be strong and take courage.May God be your strength as you seek the desires of your heart, may you be blessed with the fruits of the womb in the midst of all women like he has blessed many women. Your children shall surround your table, "Like Olive branches around the table of the Lord, so shall your children surround thee"----------Alleluiah, Alleluiah!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
@pslm23

good to know,i'm sorry i don't know much about these proceedures and drugs but i can
send you spices and herbs for your Ofe Nsala soup when the cuties arrive. grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ant01: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2011
@psalm 23,

It is well, your time is now and we shall all rejoice with you soonest,
Take care and keep strong. The Lord is with you now and always,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DBestDoc(f): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
I really can't remember if i've ever met someone as strong willed and optimistic as you are.I took my time to go through the entire post on here and i cant really comprehend all you ve gone through and i believe that the good God will surely grant your desires and your efforts will not in anyway be in vain,cos no one who trusts God is ever put to shame.Uche,keep on being optimistc.I for one i'm praying for you and your hubby likewise most people on this thread.I can see your beautiful bundles of joy around you @ d end.
Hang on Sis,God bless your you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tosanj: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2011
Uche, it is well with u, d devil can not put a stop to ur dancing cos God who started a good work in u is faithful go complet it till Jesus come. A bad news now can not stop d good news which will come soon. God bless u
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by realchange: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
I don't usually comment on this type of thread, but girl! @pslm23  shocked shocked you are one classy and tough lady!
Your husband is also a real man. i will pray for both of you and i will pray for you especially.

Please, if possible, ,memorize Psalm 20 and meditate on it daily because i believe you are under a wicked plan by your foundation (your place of birth, the god(s) your ancestors worshiped, your family lineage or ancestors themselves) to deny you motherhood and fulfillment. Just my spiritual hunch.
Ask for God to fight for you!

Psalm 20

1 The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble;

the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2 send thee help from the sanctuary,

and strengthen thee out of Zion;

3 remember all thy offerings,

and accept thy burnt sacrifice.
Selah.
4 Grant thee according to thine own heart,

and fulfil all thy counsel.

5 We will rejoice in thy salvation,

and[b] in the name of our God we will set up our banners:
the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.[/b]
6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed;

he will hear him from his holy heaven
with the saving strength of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:

but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
8 They are brought down and fallen:

but we are risen, and stand upright.

9 Save, LORD:

let the king hear us when we call.

It is well with you my sister.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by realchange: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2011
i said that because the plot to deny you motherhood started very early in your life (shabby surgery) and has manifested itself at every turn(shabby surgery always!). Imagine the last surgery! punching your bladder and still failing to fix the tubes properly which led to the IVF failing!
Nne pray for God to rise in his anger and fight for your defense!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by realchange: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
if you need help, i can recommend some pray books written by powerful man of God to empower you and your husband to take the fight to the enemy. I will be checking this thread often.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
Babe so sorry, we haven't spoke again on phone after my arrival. Been really busy. Am leaving for naija this evening since tomorrow n next is public hols. We decided to crash the training and end it today so we too can celebrate our own thanksgiving in Naija (lol). My love to your hubby. Will call you on arrival tomorrow evening. Stay blessed and remember God has bigger plans for all waiting mothers. It is well.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:55am On Nov 27, 2011
Hi peeps, one of my dearest friend (we met on nairaland), also in God's waiting room called yesterday to share her good news on IVF. She got a BFP and I can't stop sharing the good news. It shows that come 2012, whether through IVF or natural conception, God will surely give us new titles from waiting mothers to expectant mothers. Congrats Girl!!!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2011
@blendy77, could u pls give me info on ur friend. I am looking around for a good fertility clinic with success rate. I m also in the same boat as some women. Waiting for almost 8 yrs now. My husband n i r looking to doing IVF and i dnt mind u too recommending a clinic to me. Here is my email: sodium5@hotmail.com
best of luck to us all. .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2011
HI OMOGEMI, I SAW YOUR POST AND THUS DECIDED TO HELP OUT. WILL LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU TO A SUCCESS ORIENTED AND AFFORDABLE FERTILITY CENTRE IN LAGOS, NIGERIA. CALL 08089195036, 08038183212

IN NIGERIA ABOUT 25% OF COUPLES WILL GET PREGNANT BY THEMSELVES, BY CHANGES IN THEIR LIFESTYLES AND BY THE STANDARD GYNECOLOGICAL TREATMENTS UP TO 60% WILL HOWEVER REQUIRE SOME FORM OF ASSISTED CONCEPTION TECHNIQUES SUCH AS INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION (IUI), INVERTROFERTILIZATION (IVF) OR INTRACYTOPLASMIC SPERM INJECTION (ICSI) ETC TO ACHIEVE PREGNANCY.

CANDIDATE FOR IVF
BOTH FALLOPIAN TUBES ABSENT OR BLOCKED DUE TO SURGERY, ECTOPIC PREGNANCY OR INJECTION
ENDOMETRIOSIS
REDUCED SPERM COUNT & MOTILITY
WHEN ALL OTHER TREATMENT SUCH AS OVULATION INDUCTION AND INTRA UTERINE INSEMINATION HAVE PROVEN UNSUCCESSFUL
PATIENTS WITH UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY
PATIENT WHO HAVE FAILED TO GET PREGNANT INSPITE OF ALL ROUTINE TREATMENT FOR INFERTILITY
PATIENT WHO WANT TO GET PREGNANT BY THE PROCEDURES OF EMBRYO AND EGG DONATION
ADVANCED FEMALE AGE (38 YEARS)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
thanx @7colours; are u a doctor or were u a patient in any particular clinic?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
@pslm23

how are you doing girl,decided to check up on here,how's hubby doing too. . still praying for you.

you know the year 2012(two thousand & twelve) starts & ends with two ,so here's my prophecy for all u mothers to be.

IN 2012 YOU SHALL ALL GIVE BIRTH TO TWINS

IN 2012 YOUR BLESSINGS & BUNDLES OF JOY SHALL COME IN TWOS(DOUBLE DOUBLE)

IN 2012,UCHE YOU SHALL BE A MOTHER TWICE.
AMEN!

Uche key into that faith,'cos GOD has something great for you this 2012.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 2:34am On Dec 07, 2011
Hi all, @ Rusty, i'm sorry i never called you back after we spoke the first time. Nov was a crazy month for me with numerous doctors visits etc. i'm sure you are back in Nigeria now. Hope your stay here was beautiful and fun. @ Uzoo, thanks for asking after me. The Lord is my strength. A lot has happened since my negative result and post IVF consultation. @ Blendy, a big fat congratulations to your friend! It is always so heart warming and great to read other people's successful IVF stories. It gives me and others the courage and strength to keep trying. We need more people to speak up regarding IVF and the good it can do in a childless couples life. @ 7Colors, I'm surprised to find you here on my thread after your despicable attitude towards me and the fact that you mocked my childlessness. In the spirit of the season and because I don't want to enter 2012 hating on anybody, i will kindly advise you to please not advertise your usual "adverts" on my thread. Open up your own thread and market what you have to offer to other women  but you need to pick your words carefully and know how to present your pitch otherwise the same thing that happened last time between me and you will repeat itself.

Now to update you my dear friends and well-wishers, Jan 11, I'm scheduled for the esure tubal litigation surgery, This is the one where they'll go through the vajayjay to tie of the hydro tube. It will take approximately 3 months to completely heal from this procedure before i can commence with round 2 of IVF. It is well.
I have another thing to worry about oh. I suffered a nasty slip and fall at my local walmart (their roof was leaking heavily on a rainy day and there was nothing catching the water and no sign indicating that the floor was wet. I went flying through the air and landed on my tailbone and now my back is busted real bad. I had to do an MRI and then referred to a neurosurgeon becos i had a herniated bulging disc that was causing unspeakable pain down my legs. The doctors are throwing around words like back surgery and steroid injections. This is going to put a big dent in my IVF plans. Like my doctor says, I will not be able to  carry a pregnancy to full term with the damage in my back.
When it rains it pours my sisters and brothers. Your prayers and love are still very much needed by me. To cap it all my beloved grandma died last week and I have to go home for the funeral. How will i sit through almost 17 hours of flight from PHL to Abuja when I can barely walk now from the pain in my back. The Lord is on the throne. Hugs to y'all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ipio(f): 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
Hi all,hope u guys are doing great,@ psalm 23, i have never posted on this thread before even though I have read through it all, your story really touched me and am glad you were able to share this.am really very sorry to hear about your fall and everything, i want you to know that our God neither sleeps nor slumber and he will see you through everything, please do not mind any negative thing coming from anybody to you, just have faith in God and he'll help you, you are a great woman and there not many women like you. you are always in my prayer and God will bless you real good and make his face to shine upon you, very soon you will carry your own babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tosanj: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
@ Psalm 23, the devil is a lie and he has failed already. It is always very very dark before it is dawn, it just shows that your morning has come and the enemy has being put to shame finnaly.

Fall or No Fall, My God still do miracles and like I said, he who has started the good work in you is faithful to complete it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2011
Psalm23, so sorry to hear about your fall. The devil is a liar and will never succeed. Meanwhile don't forget to sue them and make good money for yourself this season.
To every else, my friend's scan showed the 2 embryos transfered implanted. What a great news, twins for this season! I don't know why she has not come up to share her testimony herself, probably adjusting to her new title. babe congrats once again, can't stop sharing your testimony on ur behalf cos I'm already taping into it. For those that wants to know, she went to Bridge but always have it at the back of your mind that its God that did it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2011
@blendy77 thanx a great deal for the info.
@pslm23 i must say u are an inspiration to me. U gave me that push i needed and i pray that joy that u so desire will come to u no matter what u r going thru. U will have a story to tell. Ur days of mourning are over, ur joy has come and for everyone of us seeking His blessings too. Whoeva mocks u or me or anyother person has God to answer to.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2011
Psalm 23, I'm back by his grace and you can bet I had fun. Just the stress of 16hrs travel and the fact that I'v to return to work and Lagos traffic. So sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you're not hurt? Like Blendy said, make sure you sue those guys cos if its those Oyinbos, they will pay like mad. Make sure you don't pity them o.
Congrats, Osiyemia. I'm happy for you o! Can't wait to wear that shoes of being preggy, I pray the good Lord who started this will perfect it and we will all be there to dedicate your twins.
Omogemi, if you can afford it, pls don't hesitate to try IVF cos lots of people seem to find happiness through that route. I wish you all the best and don't fail to share your testimony when your title changes o!
Lots of baby dust to everyone.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by allycat: 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2011
Hi just found this thread recently. I just got a BFP last Thursday, after 10 years of trying, countless IUI,s,one myomectomy,and 4 cycles of Ivf. I can barely believe it because apart from a foul metallic taste in my mouth, I feel so normal. Today however I noticed my feet looked swollen, I think it's much to early for that then I remember all the drugs I was and am on. And I did everything here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by allycat: 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
Pslm23,sorry to hear what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers, my last IVF ended in a miscarriage and I was devastated especially since I knew what caused it( a mix up with my drugs). I really didn't want to try again but I am glad I did. Hang in there, blowing angel dust your way.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
allycat:

Hi just found this thread recently. I just got a BFP last Thursday, after 10 years of trying, countless IUI,s,one myomectomy,and 4 cycles of Ivf. I can barely believe it because apart from a foul metallic taste in my mouth, I feel so normal. Today however I noticed my feet looked swollen, I think it's much to early for that then I remember all the drugs I was and am on. And I did everything here in Nigeria.

My eyes are filled with tears, 10yrs? Waooooooooooooooooooh, I'm happy for you. I'm just 5yrs in this ttc game and I feel like I've been abandoned by God. Girl, congrats o, the God who started this will surely see you through to the end. was it bridge you used? I feel encouraged to try another IVF after 4 trials. Congrats once more. So many good news of BFP coming in at this time of the year. What a way to celebrate this xmas! Lots of Baby dust to everyone.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by allycat: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
Rust2000, thankyou. keep trying where there is life there is hope. Along the way I met a lady that did 8 IVF and even had surgery for a brain tumour in the middle of it all. her son is just soo beautiful. Blowing baby dust ure way kiss kiss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2011
You didn't answer my question of if its Bridge you used or not. ok, send me an email. I really need more info before going in for my next ivf cos I really cant afford to fail this time around. my email address is ruonar2000@yahoo.com. I'm waiting o!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by allycat: 7:11am On Dec 24, 2011
i used Georges memorial in Lekki phase 1 for all my 4 attempts. IVF is just a crazy roller coaster ride. I have friends travelling all over the world SA, UK, India and while some have good results others don't. Just hold on to your faith and pray that God leads you to your own right place.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by PatKing(f): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
pslm23:

Hi all, @ Rusty, i'm sorry i never called you back after we spoke the first time. Nov was a crazy month for me with numerous doctors visits etc. i'm sure you are back in Nigeria now. Hope your stay here was beautiful and fun. @ Uzoo, thanks for asking after me. The Lord is my strength. A lot has happened since my negative result and post IVF consultation. @ Blendy, a big fat congratulations to your friend! It is always so heart warming and great to read other people's successful IVF stories. It gives me and others the courage and strength to keep trying. We need more people to speak up regarding IVF and the good it can do in a childless couples life. @ 7Colors, I'm surprised to find you here on my thread after your despicable attitude towards me and the fact that you mocked my childlessness. In the spirit of the season and because I don't want to enter 2012 hating on anybody, i will kindly advise you to please not advertise your usual "adverts" on my thread. Open up your own thread and market what you have to offer to other women  but you need to pick your words carefully and know how to present your pitch otherwise the same thing that happened last time between me and you will repeat itself.

Now to update you my dear friends and well-wishers, Jan 11, I'm scheduled for the esure tubal litigation surgery, This is the one where they'll go through the vajayjay to tie of the hydro tube. It will take approximately 3 months to completely heal from this procedure before i can commence with round 2 of IVF. It is well.
I have another thing to worry about oh. I suffered a nasty slip and fall at my local walmart (their roof was leaking heavily on a rainy day and there was nothing catching the water and no sign indicating that the floor was wet. I went flying through the air and landed on my tailbone and now my back is busted real bad. I had to do an MRI and then referred to a neurosurgeon becos i had a herniated bulging disc that was causing unspeakable pain down my legs. The doctors are throwing around words like back surgery and steroid injections. This is going to put a big dent in my IVF plans. Like my doctor says, I will not be able to  carry a pregnancy to full term with the damage in my back.
When it rains it pours my sisters and brothers. Your prayers and love are still very much needed by me. To cap it all my beloved grandma died last week and I have to go home for the funeral. How will i sit through almost 17 hours of flight from PHL to Abuja when I can barely walk now from the pain in my back. The Lord is on the throne. Hugs to y'all.

I don't know you, but this is one of the most touching texts I've read on NL.
You are in my prayers, all will be well.
Not that am insensitive, but did you sue Walmart? that could help in relieving your pains.
Please, relax and get well.
Sorry about your Granny, wish you a safe trip home.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gboliwe: 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2011
What do I say that hasnt been said in diverse ways?
Psalm/uche, you are a testimony to this generation, and I believe it. Keep looking unto God, He will surely see you through. Kings will come to celebrate with you, your children nko? ( I know the triplets would soon come no matter the delay) they shall be blessed all round.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by vanitty: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
It is well in Jesus name
Merry Christmas and have a blessed new year with good news all along the way
Come 2013, you shall celebrate the new year with your baby/babies
Stay positive and remain blessed
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.