Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1283866 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by blessedmum11: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
Omojudy:

Were you on prognova? Its usually above 15 at the scan before cyclogest is added. My last surrogates i remember were 18 and 21.
Hey mama, no hormonal medication was prescribed to me after the evacuation. So I have never used prognova before.
Do you mean 15 mm thickness?? My previous scans before the evacuation measured 10mm that's why I am worried. Does it imply I may have to take medication to build the endometrial thickness.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
blessedmum11:
Please experienced mamas is endometrial thickness of 0.69cm(6.9mm) considered normal or too thin ?? I have 26 days cycle, this scan was done on cycle day 13.

Note: I had molar pregnancy last year so the fetal tissues had to be evacuated via suction curettage but have not been able to conceive since after the evacuation. Hormonal profile is okay.

Anything above 8mm is good but 10mm and above is ideal for endometrial thickness to help implantation
6.9mm is thin but I think it will still grow . I remember on cycle day 13 duration egg retrieval my lining was 6.9mm but 10.9mm on transfer day

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
Hello mamas
I'm about to start my stims tomorrow.

Is there anything i need to know? For those mamas that had a successful procedure, pls let me know if there's anything more i need to do on my own.

Put me in your prayers �. I will be updating you all.

We will all carry our babies. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by blessedmum11: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
nnennachiji:

Anything above 8mm is good but 10mm and above is ideal for endometrial thickness to help implantation
6.9mm is thin but I think it will still grow . I remember on cycle day 13 duration egg retrieval my lining was 6.9mm but 10.9mm on transfer day
Thanks mama for sharing, is your as short as mine of 26. What can I do to improve it??

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
[quote author=blessedmum11 post=107085907]
Thanks mama for sharing, is your as short as mine of 26. What can I do to improve it

26 days menstrual cycle is okay what really matters is your luteal phase anything between 12 to 14 days is adequate for implantation
When do you normally ovulate, that will determine your luteal phase.
Progesterone supplementation can help lengthen the luteal phase
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 8:34am On Oct 27, 2021
Uririandme:

Thanks sis. I'm definitely working with my doc. Was given 11 weeks. I'm somewhat scared of that time frame, that's why I'm asking questions for my peace of mind.

Don't be scared sis, P4 is usually administered until the placenta forms and has taken over production of P4 which is usually from 9weeks/10weeks, but for your own rest of mind you can continue it until 12weeks - 14weeks, i am sure your Dr won't be bothered if you decide to continue, just discuss with him/her. Are you taking Duphaston also?

Hope you have registered for ANC
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 10:21am On Oct 27, 2021
Towerofgrace:

Don't be scared sis, P4 is usually administered until the placenta forms and has taken over production of P4 which is usually from 9weeks/10weeks, but for your own rest of mind you can continue it until 12weeks - 14weeks, i am sure your Dr won't be bothered if you decide to continue, just discuss with him/her. Are you taking Duphaston also?

Hope you have registered for ANC

Thanks so much sis. I'll register soon. I've bn to the hospital twice though, but didn't register officially for ANC.

I'm not taking duphaston but the cyclogest is supplemented with twice weekly progesterone injection.
Thanks once again for your input.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 11:09am On Oct 27, 2021
Uririandme:

Thanks so much sis. I'll register soon. I've bn to the hospital twice though, but didn't register officially for ANC.

I'm not taking duphaston but the cyclogest is supplemented with twice weekly progesterone injection.
Thanks once again for your input.

oh Okay, you are well covered, all the best happy and healthy bumping to you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
Blendy77:

For Abuja try primecare Garki or Joje. They are good and affordable. For Lag, it's very difficult getting affordable centers lately. But if ur budget is up to 1.5m, you can try Dr Emeka @ Olivebranch, Dr Ivie @ medisson or Bridge. Abuja does IVF @ half tje prices of the Lag centers
I contacted doc Emeka of olive branch recently, their quotation is on the high side. Ivf using own egg is about 2million plus.
@Blendy I want to thank you for being consistent on this forum, I stumbled on a thread of about10years ago and saw how you were responding nicely to every questions. You are indeed an inspiration. I guess your boys are all grown now? God bless and keep family intact. Please I would like to know if there any existing whatsapp group for those going for ivf where people can share ideas easily? Will start soon

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tripletwins222: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
Greetings to all.

Available For Sale:

* Doctors Best High Potency Serrapeptase: 16k
* Xi Xian Cao Chinese Herbs: 11k
* Yi Mu Cao Chinese Herbs: 11k
* Swanson Astagalus root capsules: 6k
* Qunol Ubiquinol(Coq10) 100mg, 60 Capsules: 18k
*Qunol Ubiquinol 200mg+Omega3, 90 Capsules: 25k
* Natures Way Vitex: 5k
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 20 Tests: 28k
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 10 Tests: 18k
* Clearblue Easy Ovulation Test , 10 Tests + 1 Pregnancy Test: 10k
* Ovulation Predictor Strips, 25 pcs: 5k

If interested in any of the products, please kindly send me a pm.
Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Okoro48: 12:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Hello mama Please I have a question estrace pills or estrace patches which is more effective, has any one used estrace patches. How effective are they to pills

Your response is much appreciated
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by njidekachi: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2021
i want test stripes. how much. I am also in lagos

Tripletwins222:
Greetings to all.

Available For Sale:

* Doctors Best High Potency Serrapeptase
* Xi Xian Cao Chinese Herbs
* Yi Mu Cao Chinese Herbs
* Swanson Astagalus root capsules
* Qunol Ubiquinol(Coq10) 100mg, 60 Capsules
*Qunol Ubiquinol 200mg+Omega3, 90 Capsules
* Natures Way Vitex
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 20 Tests.
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 10 Tests.
* Clearblue Easy Ovulation Test , 10 Tests + 1 Pregnancy Test.
* Ovulation Predictor Strips,
50 pcs and 25 pcs.

Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by njidekachi: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2021
Tripletwins222:
Greetings to all.

Available For Sale:

* Natures Way Vitex
50 pcs and 25 pcs.

Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tripletwins222: 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
njidekachi:
i want test stripes. how much. I am also in lagos

5k for 25pcs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by njidekachi: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
what brand pls

Tripletwins222:

5k for 25pcs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mamaejimaato:
I contacted doc Emeka of olive branch recently, their quotation is on the high side. Ivf using own egg is about 2million plus.
@Blendy I want to thank you for being consistent on this forum, I stumbled on a thread of about10years ago and saw how you were responding nicely to every questions. You are indeed an inspiration. I guess your boys are all grown now? God bless and keep family intact. Please I would like to know if there any existing whatsapp group for those going for ivf where people can share ideas easily? Will start soon

If you can travel to Abuja, Primecare is your best bet. Wt 750k you are good to go.
My boys are big boys now, they will be 9 in January. God has been faithful to us grin
There is really no one NL whatsapp group for those going for IVF. This still remains d main group for sharing ideas and asking questions relating to ttc. Just that over time many of us have grown closer than just online fertility buddies so several groups whether whatsapp or telegram might have erupted as a result of that. If you scroll up a bit I saw some links people posted looking for members to join a WhatsApp fertility group then. What I don't kno is if it still exists.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Trippleblessing(f): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
Blendy77:

If you can travel to Abuja, Primecare is your best bet. Wt 750k you are good to go.
My boys are big boys now, they will be 9 in January. God has been faithful to us grin
There is really no one NL whatsapp group for those going for IVF. This still remains d main group for sharing ideas and asking questions relating to ttc. Just that over time many of us have grown closer than just online fertility buddies so several groups whether whatsapp or telegram might have erupted as a result of that. If you scroll up a bit I saw some links people posted looking for members to join a WhatsApp fertility group then. What I don't kno is if it still exists.

I contacted primecare recently and the price I was given is much more than 750k
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
750k pretty much covers the basic cycle. However, each individual's case is different. Soe people may require additional care before they can proceed with their cycle or require more drugs than others. All these will affect the price.

Trippleblessing:

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Trippleblessing(f): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
AwesomeGod:
750k pretty much covers the basic cycle. However, each individual's case is different. Soe people may require additional care before they can proceed with their cycle or require more drugs than others. All these will affect the price.

Very sure.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
Trippleblessing:

Except there are other issues that requires other procedures like hysteroscopy etc. The total package for one cycle is 780k including reg and tests but he gives us discount of 50k which boils down to 730k. If u add accommodation and feeding plus flights twice or three times and once for ur hubby, u still won't spend up to 1.5m that most Lag clinics are charging. Though we struck a deal wt Dr Ivie of Medisson for N1.1m wt own eggs and another Dr from Bridge for 1m with own eggs even at that primecare is still my first choice cos of results coming from that angle.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 4:52am On Oct 30, 2021
Blendy77:

It is well. Send me an email let's see how it goes
I sent you a mail mama, thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2021
[quote author=AwesomeGod post=106305550]Hello Mam
By day 10 post transfer I was peeing way too much and surreptitiously used a test stripe (100 naira ones o�) that night. I saw a clear but slightly faint line. I did the 2nd one early in the morning and it was so deep. Rather than wait till 14th day for my blood test, I went in that day and was confirmed Preggy.
At my first Scan, I realised that all 3 embbies took and we are having triplets. Go be praised!!! Shock, disbelief, relief ... (all join). I was gobsmacked but I know that God will strengthen me and complete what He started.
God's grace to us all

Congratulations once again mama. Hope the triplets are doing great.
Please I want to ask if anything was done extra/differently to achieve this great implantation success. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2021
Towerofgrace:

oh Okay, you are well covered, all the best happy and healthy bumping to you.

Thanks mama. Wish you same.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2021
Ladygracy:
I sent you a mail mama, thank you
So sorry Sis, didn't see urs cos I replied all the ones I saw this wk already. Use ruonar2000@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2021
Tripletwins222:
Greetings to all.

Available For Sale:

* Natures Way Vitex
50 pcs and 25 pcs.

Thanks.

Good morning. Can you modify and add prices to the items on the list? It makes it easier for people to patronize u

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
MamaByu:
Good afternoon all, please is there an actual front desk number for prime care fertility hospital in abuja? All the numbers I have called seem to be personal numbers of people. Even the number Google suggested, the number isn’t picking +234 703 970 6610.

I got the doctor's direct number here. So i have been speaking with him directly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
Yes I just did same, thank you so much
Fireandice0589:

I got the doctor's direct number here. So i have been speaking with him directly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 2:48am On Oct 31, 2021
Pls who knows where I can get original yoni pearl Port Harcourt?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 4:05am On Oct 31, 2021
Blendy77:

Except there are other issues that requires other procedures like hysteroscopy etc. The total package for one cycle is 780k including reg and tests but he gives us discount of 50k which boils down to 730k. If u add accommodation and feeding plus flights twice or three times and once for ur hubby, u still won't spend up to 1.5m that most Lag clinics are charging. Though we struck a deal wt Dr Ivie of Medisson for N1.1m wt own eggs and another Dr from Bridge for 1m with own eggs even at that primecare is still my first choice cos of results coming from that angle.
Are you trying for another baby?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 4:08am On Oct 31, 2021
MamaByu:
Good afternoon all, please is there an actual front desk number for prime care fertility hospital in abuja? All the numbers I have called seem to be personal numbers of people. Even the number Google suggested, the number isn’t picking +234 703 970 6610.
Its the correct number. Try some other time. The doctor may not pick if he is busy obviously.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
Omojudy:

Are you trying for another baby?

Babes Why do u ask? If it's in relation to my last post on stricking deals with Drs to reduce cost, then you should know its for my group members.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.