Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? (36343 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by sageb: 10:08am On Jun 25, 2023
NotATroll:
I am single and a Quantity Surveying graduate.
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Any country apart from African and Asian
Thank you

Apply for Post graduate scholarships in Germany
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by emmybobo1: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2023
VTJN:
please can i get a scholarship with 4.43 CGPA on a 5.0 scale?
No you can’t. How can you claim to have a 4.43 CGPA and couldn’t do a simply research on your own.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ericmor: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
Abeg no go anywhere, this country go soon beta. No place like home.

he will always have a chance to come as some have done in the past and some will still do
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ericmor: 10:32am On Jun 25, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
I relocated when i was 41,
Thank God I did.
Am better off here ...
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ericmor: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2023
marvellous2222:
that's reason your still remain stagnant

lol
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ericmor: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2023
Mymumhope:

I've surfed for school in Canada for msc in crimi... But I get lost along the way .. and I end up not finding anything tangible
It's not easy at all

if you have 2.1 then try the Canada scholarship by using one of the agents. They don't charge till you get your visa. to be sincere, they are not even suppose to charge you self cuz they got paid for bringing you in, that is what i was told but you know they must sha collect money but it will be after the visa. i know about 5 people that did it and they are over there now
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ericmor: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2023
why will you do Canada visa for such amount? better face uk jeje if you have relatives over there
Chidolalar:

Canada visa for just 1.8m? Are u serious or just joking? I also have plans to relocate to Canada too but have been hearing d cost of visa and flight ticket is up to 5-6 million
And again which work is your friend doing in Canada that is fetching him money to build house in Nigeria under one year
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ericmor: 10:51am On Jun 25, 2023
doneback04:
You are 40th and single and your budget is 4million, and you are thinking of leaving the country,
So at your age you are not even thinking of getting married with the 4million and settled down and have a child who will bear your name in case of anything happens to you,
Rather you are thinking of traveling abroad

I just hope you remember the Old saying that a fool at 40th is a fool forever

are you saying he can't get married over there? or what is your point

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by LockDown69(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2023
Nothing is impossible, give it a shot.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mcslize: 11:29am On Jun 25, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you

There is hope and I will show you. But first, do you have any experience in your field so far? If yes, how many years experience do you have?

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mcslize: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2023
FrancisDiote:
Forget your graduate certificate. At 40, i will advise you to stay back in Nigeria but if you must travel then you must have the following

1. Someone in your desired country who will give you a soft landing. At 40, without a soft landing, it will be extremely difficult but not impossible to survive

He doesn't need to have someone in his destination country before he makes the move. All those that have been travelling for decades, majority don't know anyone in their destination countries.

Men should learn to brave up and always learn to tackle things heads on in life.

If you're waiting for someone to always be there for you before you do anything in this life, you will old.

Someone like me have grown up over the years to face life heads on, tackle challenges and don't always wait for anyone to spoon-feed me before embarking on any thing I want to do.

I believe parents should train their children to always face life heads-on without hoping on someone else or having someone somewhere before going for want you want as an individual. Such mindset of always hoping on others or wanting others to be there for you before facing life by yourself or embarking on a project, isn't an encouraging mindset I must say. It makes one looks lazy. Face life heads-on and with boldness as a man.

With that said, I will advice Op to make the move. He doesn't need to have someone there first. That's a receipt for laziness and discouragement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lastkingsman: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Until people get it before I can say anything. They had a similar job seeker visa they launched few years back and all the people I know who applied for it got refused

Baba, you sabi migration matter well. Saw your post on Czech giving 10 slots for student visa application. What's your take on Croatia?
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
lastkingsman:

Baba, you sabi migration matter well. Saw your post on Czech giving 10 slots for student visa application. What's your take on Croatia?

Croatia is okay for now sha as a means of entering EU
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Tywo2018: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
I wonder such a topic from the OP as if 40 is bar for a traveller. undecided
nwadikeokey11:
What's wrong with that. My friend was around 52 when he migrated with his family to the US. Is 10yrs this year. So what do you mean by why he what to migrate at 40? Is 40yrs that too old to relocate to another country? My friend father and mother who are both also 80 migrated to US to go live with their son over there and is being close to 10yrs now. Keep shut if u don't have the means of moving instead of discouraging those who want to.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Digitaltrader: 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lastkingsman: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Cool. Please does Chile have English taught program and is their visa easy to get?
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
lastkingsman:

Cool. Please does Chile have English taught program and is their visa easy to get?
There's no English taught programs in Chile. I heard the visa was hard sha but it was easy for me.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ajsans: 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

There's no English taught programs in Chile. I heard the visa was hard sha but it was easy for me.

Wow are you in Chile now. Congratulations
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by overseasnbeyond: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
United States
cutieme:

Where are you now?
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by overseasnbeyond: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
cutieme:

Where are you now?
Here

4 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Love800(m): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tankz.

I appreciate
Hannaleeyah:

Network is like your connection on LinkedIn. The people you gather as your connection on LinkedIn.

You'd have to take some steps by researching people you look forward to being in the place they are at the moment on LinkedIn. Connect with them,build relationships.

Examples of things you can research "Chevening scholar, Erasmus Mundus,DAAD , PHD scholarship, MSc scholarship,etc"

Of course,there are scholarships for BSc as well.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by bidexdo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
IrepChrist:
It's never too late to pursue your dreams. Dont let any voice put you down. You still have productive years ahead of you. You can still get a new degree and transition to a different career.

The only caviar is, if you are married, please don't travel without your wife/husband and children my candid opinion.

Jesus loves you

Don't u see where he said he is single 🙄🙄
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by bidexdo(m): 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
Abeg go and pursue ur dream even if it's in 80 years, cry cry cry

By God grace we be meeting u there soon.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lastkingsman: 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

So you don escape? grin
Congratulations
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Gerrard59(m): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Skyview01:

Will respond later. This is an interesting topic for me and i plan to open a thread in the future to help fellow Nigerians.

Hopefully, your topic addresses the aspect where over 70 to 80% of visas are denied by the Canadian embassy. That is an actual stat from the country's immigration website.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by loliapoopy2013(f): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
In a few years to come, I'll be 50, nothing is stopping me and my family from migrating.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by redsun(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Quantity surveyors see doing very in Nigeria now. You just need to work harder to establish yourself for a promising enterprise. Even though Nigeria is more or less a rogue state at the moment, ruled by thugs, smart professionals are making strides in their respective fields.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Bizzyman: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Chetas81:
you and your generation did not willing to build Nigeria 😜 you rather go to where the citizen struggle to make things work for their own citizen 😜 but the foooooolish Nigerian citizen only roaming around like lost 🐝

Who told you I am Nigerian? I only live in Nigeria. I am no Nigerian I don't subscribe to patriotism philosophy. I am an anti-patriot.

Let's Nigerians who want to go overseas go. Why are you pained they want to progress without Nigeria in the picture?
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by vivianobas: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
What you need is the determination to succeed. I was over over 40 when I left Nigeria for Germany for my masters degree in 2019. Graduated in 2021 and got a good job and the rest is history. I actually resigned from a well paying job in the oil and gas sector in 2019 and have never regretted my decision. Remembering and accepting that I had to work twice as hard was the driving force I needed to propel me to greatness.

Be focused and chase your dreams wholeheartedly and everything will align in your favour. I wish you the very best.

NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Hannania(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Drop the update for mail cheesy
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lastkingsman: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hannania:
Drop the update for mail cheesy

grin grin abeg oh, cc me at usernaim4email@gmail.com.

Japa don tight nowadays

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Nigerian States,capital, Slogan And Attractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.