Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? (36345 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Taireke: 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
As for me, I am a 46yrs young man. I will be jetting out next month. I needed to enjoy the rest of my life. I have sacrificed alot in Naija

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2023
Forget your graduate certificate. At 40, i will advise you to stay back in Nigeria but if you must travel then you must have the following

1. Someone in your desired country who will give you a soft landing. At 40, without a soft landing, it will be extremely difficult but not impossible to survive

2. You must have a skill that is in demand in your country of choice, else before you find your way and get a job it will be difficult.

3. Lastly, if you must go to a non English speaking country then you must be communicating in that language before you travel.

All these things must be available before you travel because at 40, you need to start your Cashout asap. But if you don't have especially number one, bro stay back

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Stevosty: 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
Chetas81:
Slave always leave their motherland to serve their colonial masters 😜✍️✍️
Which is better? To be slave in your country or in developed country? The govt is already threatening more hardship, mind you the days of slavery are gone, but here in Nigeria, citizens are slaves to the govt.

12 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Firstcitizen: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
I know of 2 families. Both parents in their early 50's who relocated to the UK

4 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
A lizard in Nigeria cannot become an Alligator in America.....

Did the lizard say it wants to go to America to become an alligator?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by mdimefields: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Your age right now is an advantage to your migration. What you need more is funding. At 40, you will be considered more focused and already a professional, not someone that will leach on the system.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by MatrixReloaded: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
Some research biotechnology overseas could make one a whole godzilla 🐲 if so pleases one. Choices .... Certified... Connections...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by FxMasterz: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
XtraFortunes:

With the exchange rate now that money is small. You will have to look for funding/scholarship. Try Scandinavian countries like Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. If you can get scholarships in Germany or Canada also good. But that cash when converted is small now. Goodluck and focus on getting masters scholarships.
Most of these Scandinavian countries don't speak English, how would he cope?

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Bimpe29: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
Candid advice.
XtraFortunes:

With the exchange rate now that money is small. You will have to look for funding/scholarship. Try Scandinavian countries like Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. If you can get scholarships in Germany or Canada also good. But that cash when converted is small now. Goodluck and focus on getting masters scholarships.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lexy2014: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
Abeg no go anywhere, this country go soon beta. No place like home.

Why has the country no better since despite all the promises?

What will make this country to soon better?

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
I relocated when i was 41,
Thank God I did.
Am better off here ...

No time is ever late... i tap into it tooo🙏🙏

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by lexy2014: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
FxMasterz:

Most of these Scandinavian countries don't speak English, how would he cope?

They do. Even if they don't, it's no reason for not traveling

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
I am single and a Quantity Surveying graduate.
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Any country apart from African and Asian
Thank you
There is no age to this bro. Your only limitation is your mindset bro.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Osilama1: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
I did by myself studying online and researched for a period of 6 months.
completed my application form , prepare for likely questions by reading information people put out online about their experiences at interview.
went for the visa interview and got approved for 2 years multiple entry.
Travel after six month and stay for 3 weeks to study the system, returned back to Nigeria to strategized.
now the rest is history , i have my Naturalization interview coming up soon.
God is good to me.
Country is USA.
Never give nobody your money for processing , do it yourself.
how much did it cost??

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
AskNgige2:
Pls am 40 and not married..

Can I still travel out?

I don't even know my direction since I graduated.. this Uber hustle don tire me

Yes and yes
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
wwwkaycom:
Relocate anyhow and sort yourself out while there. I know a 53 year old man who relocated to US in 2021 and today things have started looking good for his family. His son who graduated in Nigeria here have moved on to do his masters in US while his daughter have enrolled in a private university in Nigeria here. That's a man who found it difficult to pay house rent in 2021 in Nigeria. Please go anyhow, you'll sort yourself out when you get there.

Thank you for your encouraging words...

4 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by kushe: 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
I really don't understand how moving abroad is such a big deal when the country is not at war or one is fleeing genocide.
So after you all leave,who is going to fix the mess ?
Personally those who have escaped should not contribute to the goings on over here in naija.
They should face their new home and challenge the status quo where they now reside,afterall, they are citizens of the world.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by hodusglobal(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
AskNgige2:
Pls am 40 and not married..

Can I still travel out?

I don't even know my direction since I graduated.. this Uber hustle don tire me
You can still travel out, but my view about your question is how will you cope with the wife you are going to marry there at your age. You are suppose to be a father of 4 or 3 already here in Nigeria. Uber job is still a job that you can feed wife and kids with till you will get another alternative job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by NonsenseRubbish: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
Nonsense plus rubbish angry
Sometimes you just open mouth and talk nonsenserubbish discrediting all the sensible things you’ve said in the past. Oh well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ComeToJesus: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
What's wrong with that. My friend was around 52 when he migrated with his family to the US. Is 10yrs this year. So what do you mean by why he what to migrate at 40? Is 40yrs that too old to relocate to another country? My friend father and mother who are both also 80 migrated to US to go live with their son over there and is being close to 10yrs now. Keep shut if u don't have the means of moving instead of discouraging those who want to.

Those that don't know anything be doing the most here on Nairaland. What is the problem with being 40 or above and migrating?

I'm happy you schooled the mediocres.

16 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Trust22(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
I have one for you... pls the package is 4.5mil to be paid immediatly your visa is approved... Country is Canada...
contact me on ajchinedu@gmail.com

pls this is work visa... It comes with PR, Job, and Accommodation
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Vadese1: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please can you elaborate the advantages of traveling with your family. Thsnks

IrepChrist:
It's never too late to pursue your dreams. Dont let any voice put you down. You still have productive years ahead of you. You can still get a new degree and transition to a different career.

The only caviar is, if you are married, please don't travel without your wife/husband and children my candid opinion.

Jesus loves you
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Procarpenter: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Just apply for scholarships it’ll help you a lot
Canada is the best country... but I don’t know your favorite country as well.........
Check my signature below for your professional roofing carpenter and I install all kind of roofing sheet my price is available call or WhatsApp me
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by FxMasterz: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
lexy2014:

They do. Even if they don't, it's no reason for not traveling

What about Schengen countries? I think they're good alternatives. Or what do you think?
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by prolifik83(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you
There re different route
1) Msc in UK, Malta, Finland, Australia and Austria
2) Msc in Canada
3) Care Giver route (UK and Canada)
Just do an extensive research online
All the best

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by NonsenseRubbish: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
No be everybody wey start restaurant or grill go later turn am to food chain some are destined to remain small. Am I right ?

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by matm: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
That's a nice idea.But don't forget ur background, Your parents,life plans and dreams when you get there.
Most important!!!.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by saintkeppy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you

With that #4M, Canada is possible.
I'm currently on it with a reliable contact.
Mention me or you send me a mail.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
A lizard in the U.S with enabling environment is better than an Alligator in Nigeria with no enabling environment to back him you mean

He be like person wey get idea wey no get money.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by EconFinance: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you
Your budget is not enough for options outside the African and Asian countries you have cancelled out
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by gbishman: 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
My guy, some countries abroad can only guarantee you security, good schools for your kids, job opportunities, mortgage to purchase a house. If you think you can get them back home then stay back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Nigerian States,capital, Slogan And Attractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.